PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft 2.0 (no trades)

Seasonticketholder
04-19-2011, 08:16 PM
1. Carolina Panthers--Cam Newton, QB

2. Denver Broncos--Marcell Dareus, DT

3. Buffalo Bills--Von Miller, LB

4. Cincinnatti Bengals--AJ Green, WR

5. Arizona Cardinals--Blaine Gabbert, QB

6. Cleveland Browns--Robert Quinn, DE Was tempted to go Julio Jones here.

7. San Francisco 49'ners--Patrick Peterson, CB Someone is going to move up and take this guy higher.

8. Tennessee Titans--Nick Failey, DT They could easily opt for Mallett here.

9. Dallas Cowboys--Tyron Smith, OT

10. Washington Redskins--Julio Jones, WR I would not be suprised to see Rams try to get ahead of Redskins to get Jones.

11. Houston Texans--Prince Amukamara, CB

12. Minnesota Vikings--Corey Liuget, DT Could opt for a DE or QB here but the potential loss of both DTs makes move necessary.

13. Detroit Lions--DaQuan Bowers, DE Their line will be a terror to play against.

14. St. Louis Rams--Ryan Kerrigan, DE

15. Miami Dolphins--Ryan Mallett, QB

16. Jacksonville Jaguars--Rahim Moore, S Will get criticism for this one but Jag fans continue to say that safety is their biggest need. Besides, every year, someone throws a curve ball and this is a team that's good at doing just that.

17. New England Patriots--JJ Watt, DE

18. San Diego Chargers--Muhammad Wilkerson, DE/T

19. New York Giants--Anthony Castonzo, OT

20. Tampa Bay Bucs--Aldon Smith, DE

21. Kansas City Chiefs--Mike Pouncey, C/OG

22. Indianapolis Colts--Nick Solder, OT

23. Philadelphia Eagles--Jimmy Smith, CB

24. New Orleans Saints--Cameron Jordan, DE If Jordan is gone, I would not be surprised to see Adrian Clayborn get selected here. They like Clayborn. They also like Mark Ingram who is pretty high on their board. But my thinking here is that you have a better chance of getting a DE here and trading up for Ingram (if that's the choice) than you do of getting Ingram and having a top-flight DE fall to you.

25. Seattle Seahawks--Jake Locker, QB

26. Baltimore Ravens--Brandon Harris, CB This team will find a way to get a solid player who falls lower than expected.

27. Atlanta Falcons--Kyle Rudolph, TE Could opt for Clayborn or Justin Houston here. I think they may also look to trade up/down.

28. New England Patriots--Danny Watkins, OG

29. Chicago Bears--Gabe Carimi, OT

30. New York Jets--Phil Taylor, NT

31. Pittsburgh Steelers--Derrick Sherrod, OG

32. Green Bay Packers--Cameron Heyward, DE

STsACE
04-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Although I like Quinn at 6. Teams are salivating for Peterson to fall out of top 5. If he's there at 6, we gotta go BPA over area at need as most draftniks have PP as there #1 or #2 prospect.

Smash28Dash34
04-19-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm a big fan of Rahim Moore and the Jags do need saftey help bad. I think Rahim Moore and the guy they have at SS now Courney Greene could be a nice young tandem.

Pat Sims 90
04-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Green is a solid pick for the Bengals.

akvikefan89
04-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Not at all a fan of the Vikings pick. Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, DaQuan Bowers, etc. there's a lot of directions I'd rather go...

Menardo75
04-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Good pick for the niners.

Seasonticketholder
04-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Not at all a fan of the Vikings pick. Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, DaQuan Bowers, etc. there's a lot of directions I'd rather go...

I was tempted to go in any one of those directions. I just cannot get away from the Starcaps case. I am not the biggest fan of Luiget either though others have him rated very high. Bowers would be a steal there.

Seasonticketholder
04-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Although I like Quinn at 6. Teams are salivating for Peterson to fall out of top 5. If he's there at 6, we gotta go BPA over area at need as most draftniks have PP as there #1 or #2 prospect.

Fair point. I cannot help but think that someone will trade up and get Peterson. I have a hard time seeing him making it to the Niners. Bengals could trade down though they would risk losing AJ Green. If the Bengals took Gabbert by chance, then I could see Zona trading down and allowing someone to get up there and add Peterson. If AJ Green is gone, then the Browns could opt for him though I would not be surprised to see them trade down, which would allow someone to jump the Niners for Peterson. I know the Texans are said to like Peterson so they could very well come up to get him.

I'm a big fan of Rahim Moore and the Jags do need saftey help bad. I think Rahim Moore and the guy they have at SS now Courney Greene could be a nice young tandem.

I think Moore is a terrific player though he's sort of fallen under the radar the last two months. I think in my last mock, I had the Jets taking him. He has first round talent. The Jags tend to think outside the box. I have three scenarios currently running with the Jags that do not include taking a DE as has been constantly predicted. Scenario 1 is taking Rahim Moore. Scenario 2 is taking Christian Ponder. But the last scenario is Denver trading Tim Tebow to the Jags along with their second (first second) round pick in exchange for the 16th pick. And with that 16th pick, the Broncos would take Christian Ponder, who they are rumored to like a lot. The Jags could very well still end up adding a top flight end in the early second or use that area to target Rahim Moore. That would give them Tebow and possibly Moore, which would be a wonderful scenario in terms of filling two of their pressing needs (though I am not crazy about Tebow).

SickwithIt1010
04-19-2011, 10:12 PM
love this eagles pick

ChicagoBearsVet23
04-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Carimi is a great pick

T-RICH49
04-19-2011, 10:30 PM
would prefer Taylor but I can def see Pouncey as a possibility

49erNation85
04-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Excellent pick for SF and better happen!

wicket
04-20-2011, 12:20 AM
<3 jordan, i was all ready to be negative about ingram when you made the mock but you actually made a serious quality pick

Seasonticketholder
04-20-2011, 09:10 AM
<3 jordan, i was all ready to be negative about ingram when you made the mock but you actually made a serious quality pick

Ingram is a serious quality pick but I have a slight hunch he might not go here. If you haven't noticed, I tend to go by the things I hear. I know who the Saints like. I know they like Kerrigan and Jordan a lot. I also know they are keeping an eye on what happens with Bowers. From there, I know they like Ingram and they also like Clayborn. On the latter two, there seems to be a split according to my insider. Payton is enamoured with Ingram and really did not think Pierre would return; in fact, he was said to be "shocked" by the entire thing. Gregg Williams likes Clayborn's toughness. Thing is, Payton likes Clayborn too. They tend to read his erbs palsy not as a shortcoming but as something that Clayborn has impressively been able to overcome. The last few times I've talked to my insider, he's mentioned Clayborn so I am beginning to think he could be the pick. I try to be fair in going with what will happen based on what I am told, not what I think should happen. If you remember, when the Saints signed Pierre, I shifted my immediate attention to defense. But when I talked to my insider, he said that Ingram was very much in the mix and that signing Pierre was a bit of insurance against the possibility of Ingram not falling to them. He also stated that Ingram was rated very high on our draft board. I know that both he and Clayborn in our top 15. Take it for what it is worth. As I stated on a different site, I think there's a very strong chance that either Adrian Clayborn or Mark Ingram will be our pick at #24, barring one of the top guy falling. But, again, take it for what it is worth.

vidae
04-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Meh KC pick. I like him, but not as much as I like Taylor. NT is our biggest need, hands down.

Seasonticketholder
04-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Meh KC pick. I like him, but not as much as I like Taylor. NT is our biggest need, hands down.

I started to give KC Taylor. But I personally think he's overrated. I honestly believe that Kenrick Ellis is just as good if not capable of being better. I also like Fua, Jenkins, and Powe to a lesser extent. Taylor, to me, is woefully inconsistent and has stamina/weight concerns. He also has character concerns and did not show anything until this past season (a pseudo-contract year for college seniors). Then, everyone raves about how he dominated at the combine but show me the standout center or guard in this draft that he competed against. Was it Moffitt? Hudson? Love? Decent to average players but not dominant players. I think he falls a bit on draft day and I would not be surprised to see him go early round 2.

Nalej
04-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Due to JJ Watt's agent. I doubt he'll be a Pat

I really would prefer C.Heyward over D.Watkins.
I think Watkins could be had at 33 and even if he wasn't...
S.Wisnieski could fill the OG/C spot just nicely

leroyisgod
04-20-2011, 12:24 PM
The thought of Tyron Smith as our #9 picks makes me ill.

Seasonticketholder
04-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Due to JJ Watt's agent. I doubt he'll be a Pat

I really would prefer C.Heyward over D.Watkins.
I think Watkins could be had at 33 and even if he wasn't...
S.Wisnieski could fill the OG/C spot just nicely

Fair enough.

The thought of Tyron Smith as our #9 picks makes me ill.

Maybe. But I think the thought of Doug Free as your starting LT makes Tony Romo ill.