PDA

View Full Version : Brownsfan27's 2011 mock draft Ver 0.7!

Brownsfan27
04-20-2011, 11:32 AM
please be kind, if nothing else ill respond to positive feedback...after all I don't do this for a living...

1. Carolina (2-14) Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
everyone is saying Newton, but honestly after taking a QB in the 2nd round last year , why waste another pick? I also think that Newton will be a bust but that yet to be seen.

2. Denver (4-12)Patrick Peterson CB L.S.U.
I think Denever really wants Dareus but in this case they have to settle for whats next on their board. And I don't see them passing up on a great athlete at CB with a bright future.

3. Buffalo (4-12) Cam Newton QB Auburn
The Bills really need to get help on the line but will have to wait till a later round. they need a franchise signal caller cuz Fitzpatrick isn't gonna be the guy, I just have my doubts if Newton is either.

4. Cincinnati (4-12)A.J. Green WR Georgia
Some may say a QB here would make more sense with Carson Palmer leaving (wanting to leave) but they have big holes to fill at WR to. And I feel that Andy Dalton will be there in the 2nd round and fit Jay Gruden's offense.

5. Arizona (5-11)Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri
May certainly not be their top need but hey desperately need to replace the ghost of Kurt Warner.

6. Cleveland (5-11)Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
Switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 the Browns need players to make that happen.

7. San Francisco (6-10)Robert Quinn DE North Carolina
they could go with prince here to.

8. Tennessee (6-10)Julio Jones WR Alabama
some may argue its not a need but with the actions of Kenny Britt lately it may be. even then there isn't much behind Britt.

9. Dallas (6-10)Tyron Smith OT USC
Its hard for me to see Jerry Jones taking a OT...thou it may be even harder for him to see Romo hurt for the year again.

10. Washington (6-10) Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson
I think WR is what the skins are looking for but with the top 2 gone they turn their attention to defense.

11. Houston (6-10)Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
there is no way the Texans will pass this up

12. Minnesota (6-10)Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
Call me crazy I wont blame you. but I could see the vikings taking him for his huge arm.

13. Detroit (6-10)Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College
sure would be nice if their QB could stay healthy.. this would help.

14. St. Louis (7-9)Nick Fairley DT Auburn
they could easily go with a DE here also, as upgrading the D-line is a must.

15. Miami (7-9)Jake Locker QB Washington
may not be the right pick for them but I think if he fell to them they would take him.

16. Jacksonville (8-8)Aldon Smith DE Missouri
would be exactly what they want as a team still looking to bolster their D-Line.

17. New England (from Oakland 8-8)Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue
the pats will be looking for some front seven help and I think he will fit their system nicely.

18. San Diego (9-7) J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin
Whole lot of DE's coming off the board all of a sudden and I feel the Chargers will join that party.

19. New York Giants (10-6)Mark Ingram RB Alabama
I think the Giants will try to get their running game back to where is once was.

20. Tampa Bay (10-6)Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
this pick would help the Bucs keep building on a young and improving team.

21. Kansas City (10-6)Nate Solder OT Colorado
Upgrading the O-line is a must.

22. Indianapolis (10-6)Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
Manning isn't getting any younger and they need to protest their investment.

23. Philadelphia (10-6)Brandon Harris CB Miami (FL)
They need depth and a future starter. a CB from "the U" may be just what the doctor ordered.

24. New Orleans (11-5) Cameron Heyward DE Ohio St.
looks to improve the front 7.

25. Seattle (7-9) Christian Ponder QB Florida St.
this is a slight reach But I can see them taking a QB as it is a need and they will more then likely not get a shot at it in the 2nd round

26. Baltimore (12-4) Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
Ravens look to add depth and fill a gap

27. Atlanta (13-3)Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
Tony G cant have much left in the tank.

28. New England (14-2)Aaron Williams S Texas
the pats have been disappointed in the secondary and may look to infuse it with new talent.

29. Chicago (11-5) Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi St.
keeping cutler upright is at the top of their agenda.

30. New York Jets Muhammad Wilkerson DT Temple
They may look to add to the front 7 in a big way.

31. Pittsburgh (12-4) Mike Pouncey OG Florida
Steelers could look to keep Big Ben on his feet as long as he isn't in jail.

32. Green Bay (10-6)Cameron Jordan DE California
Isnt much they need. so going with the best player available looks to be the goal.

zachsaints52
04-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Please explain how the Saints need a OT... and Im trying to be nice here and not give you the real words I wanna say.

Brownsfan27
04-20-2011, 12:13 PM
they are possibly losing Bushrod to free agency, but I'm willing to take a suggestion ill admit I was kind of hard pressed to find a some one worth taking at this point for them.

T-RICH49
04-20-2011, 12:16 PM
absolutely atrocious Chiefs pick.OT is not a must address early.Phil Taylor would be a far better pick

wicket
04-20-2011, 12:19 PM
they are possibly losing Bushrod to free agency, but I'm willing to take a suggestion ill admit I was kind of hard pressed to find a some one worth taking at this point for them.

Heyward for the saints please, dont think they will lose bushrod but even if that happened his replacement was drafted high last year

Pitt
04-20-2011, 12:23 PM
-Cameron Jordan should be in the first round.

-I like seeing the Steelers having the option to draft Pouncey and Heyward at 31. Hopefully that's the way it plays out.

Seasonticketholder
04-20-2011, 12:48 PM

Yes, there's that possibility though I think Bushrod will return. But even if he doesn't, the Saints have Charles Brown--their 2010 second round pick and a guy they had graded as a first rounder--waiting in the wings. They could use help on the right side, and I would not be terribly shocked if they went offensive tackle in the first round.

But given your scenario, I think their attention will be placed on defensive end. I think Adrian Clayborn or Cam Heyward would be the pick.

akvikefan89
04-20-2011, 02:06 PM
I can see any of the top-4 QBs going #12.

Smash28Dash34
04-20-2011, 02:27 PM
In a draft that is deep in d-lineman, I find it hard to believe that the panthers will draft Dareus. They have 2 3rd round picks they could use to address their d-line issues. Good mock though.

leroyisgod
04-20-2011, 02:54 PM
It's Thursday night of the draft and Goodell announces that the Cowboys have taken Tyron Smith, my reaction is UGH.

Pat Sims 90
04-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Green is a solid pick for the Bengals.

SickwithIt1010
04-20-2011, 03:21 PM
If we go corner I think that they would go for Smith at that sport over Harris.

DiG
04-20-2011, 03:23 PM
bowers makes no sense in our defensive scheme.

Brownsfan27
04-20-2011, 03:24 PM
I've made an update to the draft

49erNation85
04-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Solid pick for SF Quinn would be a good pass rush or OLB.

DiG
04-20-2011, 05:09 PM
I've made an update to the draft

update again and give the skins a player that fits their scheme offensive or defensive. where would we play bowers???

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-20-2011, 05:25 PM
I like Jimmy Smith and I personally would take the gamble with drafting him, but I can't see Ozzie and our FO doing the same, especially with Pouncey and Jordan available. Give us either 1, preferably Jordan.

AntoinCD
04-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Pretty solid mock for the Patriots. I do like Aaron Williams and think he offers some schematic versatility in the back end, but I dont think they could pass up on either Heyward, Wilkerson, Jordan or even Pouncey.

Kerrigan is a nice pick

the_dark_knight
04-21-2011, 07:55 AM
No thank you to Rudolph in the first. I don't think he's that type of prospect. I do like him overall, but as a first round pick Atlanta needs a lot more than just a TE. He'd fit far better in round 2, and it's just as reasonable.

stephenson86
04-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Ever come to England I will hunt you and kiss you for not giving us Fairley...finally a mock I can view without thinking oh great.