PDA

View Full Version : I like Mocks in and around my mouth

BaLLiN
04-20-2011, 01:19 PM
A couple trades, explanation for the first 15

1. Carolina :: Cameron Newton, QB, Auburn
The QB position is the most important, Newton is a dynamic athlete with the tools to become a great quarterback.

2. Denver :: Marcell Dareus, DL, Alabama
The best value in this draft in my opinion, he has the ability to play every position in a 4-3 front and DE in a 3-4. Extremely active, quick, agile, and disruptive in both versus the pass and the run.

3. Buffalo :: Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
Von Miller is the popular pick here, and even though Quinn isnít as adept with his hand off the ground, he has a much higher ceiling with his excellent physical tools.

4. Cincinnati Trade Dallas :: Patrick Peterson, CB, Louisiana State
Iím sure most people wonít be surprised with this, Dallas has been rumored to be in love with Peterson for a long while and he could be the heir to Terrence Newman, or cure the safety woes that have been around for what seems like a decade.

5. Arizona :: Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
The Cardinals have a few options here, but Miller makes the most sense with their need and value involved. Giving up around a second for Kolb instead of taking any of these QB prospects seems ridiculously more secure of a choice.

6. Cleveland :: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
Going back to a 4-3, Fairley has his risks, but his rewards made his worthy for consideration for the top pick of this draft.

7. San Francisco :: AJ Green, WR, Georgia
Value here, Michael Crabtree and Morgan both seem like #2ís whereas AJ Green offers a unique frame with his abilities. Whoever their QB is, they will have a much larger target and have a much more wide open offense to manage.

8. Tennessee :: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
Rusty Smith, really? Iím not saying that Gabbert is the best QB for them, but he gives the titans a QB with the eventual ability to be a good starter. He just needs refinement.

9. Cincinnati( f/ Dallas) :: DaíQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson
This might be the best pick and trade for Cincy, probably losing a starting WR and RB, maybe even a QB. They need more picks, and with a deep WR, RB, and even QB draft, they can land a great prospect with the ability to play like a Julius Peppers minus some athleticism.

10. Washington :: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
Need/Value, no brainer

11. Houston :: Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri
Although Houston lost some games only because of their secondary, passrushing and time to throw are big factors, and in the NFL passrushers are more important than DBís. Aldon Smith has a ton of potential and is eerily similar to JPP of last year, and both look to have great futures in the NFL.

12. Minnesota Trade San Diego :: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
San Diego gets a surefire player here that will either pan out as a DE and gain weight, or an OLB who surprised people with his athleticism at the combine.

13. Detroit :: Tyron Smith, OT, USC
You need to protect your QB, especially now that he has undergone two surgeries while on the team and is constantly injured. Smith has the best potential of any OT, and a corner can be had later in the draft.

14. St. Louis :: Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
Spags usually finds DTís in mid rounds to use in his defense (usually both UT types), but I think he strays from his routine and drafts a guy who would be a perfect fit for his defense, and would also help in the run game.

15. Miami :: Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas
Strong armed QB, his character concerns bump him down, but he is probably favorite to be NFL Rookie of the year, especially in a situation such as Miamiís with Brandon Marshall.

16. Jacksonville Trade Philadelphia :: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
17. New England (f/OAK) :: JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
18. Minnesota ( f/ San Diego) :: Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor
19. New York Giants :: Mike Pouncey, OL, Florida
20. Tampa Bay :: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
21. Kansas City Trade Chicago: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
22. Indianapolis :: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
23. Jacksonville (f/ Philadelphia) :: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
24. New Orleans :: Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
25. Seattle :: Cameron Heyward, DL, Ohio State
26. Baltimore :: Cameron Jordan, DE, California
27. Atlanta Trade Green Bay :: Muhammad Wilkerson, DT/DE, Temple
28. New England :: Derrick Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.
29. Kansas City (f/ Chicago) :: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
30. New York Jets :: Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
31. Pittsburgh :: Brandon Harris, DB, Miami
32. Atlanta (f/ Green Bay) :: Justin Houston, OLB/DE, Georgia
33. Patriots (f/ Carolina) :: Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona

coordinator0
04-20-2011, 01:21 PM
I can't see Jordan being there for the Ravens at all but he's just about the best pick that can be made for them.

T-RICH49
04-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Nate effing Solder?????horrendous.Justin Houston or Phil Taylor instead

akvikefan89
04-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Love trading back, but not a good pick. Give us Locker or Amukamara (WHY do you have him falling to #20?!?!)

FlyingElvis
04-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Watt & Sherrod would be great!

I love the options available to NE from 17 - 28 in this mock. If it fell this way I would be screaming for a big trade up with all the picks they have to land another one of these players. Prince would be my favorite to add as the third 1st round pick. ;)

17. New England (f/OAK) :: JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin

19. New York Giants :: Mike Pouncey, OL, Florida
20. Tampa Bay :: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
21. Kansas City Trade Chicago: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
22. Indianapolis :: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College

24. New Orleans :: Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
25. Seattle :: Cameron Heyward, DL, Ohio State
26. Baltimore :: Cameron Jordan, DE, California
27. Atlanta Trade Green Bay :: Muhammad Wilkerson, DT/DE, Temple
28. New England :: Derrick Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.

wicket
04-20-2011, 02:24 PM
I seriously dislike ayers as a prospect, outside of that the pick makes sense, but still just give us heyward

leroyisgod
04-20-2011, 02:52 PM
I would love to move up for Peterson unless we have to give up the kitchen sink for him.

Pat Sims 90
04-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Bowers is a terrible pick for the Bengals. The offense is in complete shambles and they will need to take a impact offense player in the 1st. If AJ Green is gone give them Julio Jones.

SickwithIt1010
04-20-2011, 03:24 PM
I do like the Iggles pick, Jimmy Smith is who I want.

However, I just cant see the 9ers going with a WR at 7.

stl9erfan
04-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Props on the Green pick for SF. If the draft fell a certain way, I really think that could be the best option, hard to do though because there are so many other needs. Still, I'd have no hesitation pulling the trigger on a guy who's clearly among the top 5 talents if he's by far the best guy on the board and he is here.

49erNation85
04-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Awesome 49ers pick.I would love that combo!

Seasonticketholder
04-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Mark Ingram or Adrian Clayborn for the Saints, please.

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-20-2011, 05:22 PM
<3 Cameron Jordan to the Ravens

BaLLiN
04-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Love trading back, but not a good pick. Give us Locker or Amukamara (WHY do you have him falling to #20?!?!)

I did think about Amukamara and even Locker, but i felt like the key cog of your defense is its line and specifically the DT's. I didn't think Locker would be the pick primarily because Webb played out of his mind. He is more than deserving of a chance at the starting position, therefore QB is not a first round need.

Griffin and Winfield are both good starters, another guy could be groomed to replace Winfield, and at this point in his career it's almost necessary. If I did my mock again i would probably take Prince, but It's not to say that Phil Taylor doesn't make sense.

I seriously dislike ayers as a prospect, outside of that the pick makes sense, but still just give us heyward

lol, it just seems like a really good fit especially because ayers is an exceptional blitzer which would give more blitz options.

I would love to move up for Peterson unless we have to give up the kitchen sink for him.

In all likelihood it would be more than the draft value chart for two reasons; Peterson is a prototypical prospect and put up very good numbers, and because of the rookie contract restrictions. The chart says the value is equivalent to the 13th pick in the second round, but it would probably cost them another 2nd.

I can't see Jordan being there for the Ravens at all but he's just about the best pick that can be made for them.

I used to think so, but i now only view him as a 3-4 DE and maybe a 4-3 UT/NT tweener. He definitely has potential to be top 15 but at the same time be near the end of the first IMO.

Bowers is a terrible pick for the Bengals. The offense is in complete shambles and they will need to take a impact offense player in the 1st. If AJ Green is gone give them Julio Jones.

like i explained, RB WR and QB are all possibly gone. However those are the three deepest positions in the draft. With the traded picks from Dallas you can replace those three, besides you also have a bunch of young WR's and Bernard Scott who have had flashes.

Mark Ingram or Adrian Clayborn for the Saints, please.

Ingram, really?

Awesome 49ers pick.I would love that combo!

I thought it would be much better than bringing in a project rookie at QB, AJ Green is a beast.

GoRavens
04-20-2011, 06:06 PM
if we go d-line in 1st, it sure as hell better be Cam Jordan

marshallb
04-20-2011, 10:34 PM
I did think about Amukamara and even Locker, but i felt like the key cog of your defense is its line and specifically the DT's. I didn't think Locker would be the pick primarily because Webb played out of his mind. He is more than deserving of a chance at the starting position, therefore QB is not a first round need.

Griffin and Winfield are both good starters, another guy could be groomed to replace Winfield, and at this point in his career it's almost necessary. If I did my mock again i would probably take Prince, but It's not to say that Phil Taylor doesn't make sense.

I didn't know that a QB rating of 60.9 and a TD:INT of 0:3 could be classified as playing out of one's mind...The team does not view Webb as their franchise QB plain and simple. Locker is a very, very likely pick at 12 and if they can trade down and get him and pick up likely a 3rd rounder, then it's even better.

I don't think one can expect much out of Cedric Griffin considering that in the past 15 months he has torn both ACLs and at his peak was a slightly above average starter. I don't think CB is a huge need, but if a top 10 talent is there at 18, then you definitely take him over a mid 2nd rounder who is at a position that is of a very similar need. I don't see Taylor going in the first round now, especially with the news about his chronic foot problem.

Basically what I'm saying is that, Amukamara or Locker would be much, much better picks than Taylor.

roidrunner
04-21-2011, 12:20 AM
i dont like the trade for the packers. i dont see a need for a trade up for the packers.

AntoinCD
04-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Ideal scenario really for the Patriots at 17. Hard to go wrong with a number of selections. I personally dont think they could pass on Amukamara there though.

Danny Watkins at 28 would also make a lot of sense instead of Sherrod but that's a personal preference of my own that they go interior O line first

the_dark_knight
04-21-2011, 07:52 AM
I like Atlanta trading down, a LOT

thebow305
04-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Nice pick for Miami