PDA

View Full Version : 4U2NV's FINAL 2011 Mock. 3 Rounds.

4U2NV
04-20-2011, 09:31 PM
FIRST ROUND

1. Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
It's no secret that Jimmy Clausen was an epic failure in Carolina. Enter Ron Rivera and a new regime which always means a new QB. Newton is a talented, athletic and charismatic player who the team hopes will help sell tickets and also win football games.

2. Denver Broncos – Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
About as sure a thing as you can expect in the 2011 NFL Draft. One of the best players available who also fills a huge need for the Broncos. No brainer.

3. Buffalo Bills – Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
The Bills want a QB, but I only believe they'll take one at 3 if the one available is Cam Newton. Von Miller gives the Bills a huge boost for their inept pass rush.

4. Cincinnati Bengals – Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
I'm not buying all of the A.J. Green hype for Cincy. They need a QB and even they aren't stupid enough to pass one if one is available.

5. Arizona Cardinals – Robert Quinn, OLB, North Carolina
A somewhat surprising pick for the Cards. It's well known that the two players they want most are Von Miller or Blaine Gabbert. With both off the board, Robert Quinn could be a pick that makes sense to help breathe some life into the Cards' front seven.

6. Cleveland Browns – Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
Julio Jones over A.J. Green? Say it ain't so! While Green is clearly an elite prospect, Jones is a better fit for the Cleveland offence who like the power running game. Jones' run blocking gives him the nod over Green while still giving Colt McCoy a weapon in the passing game in the process.

7. San Francisco 49ers – Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
Truly a match made in heaven. The 49ers need secondary help and Peterson is arguably the most talented player in the draft.

8. Tennessee Titans – Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
Once thought of as a candidate to go #1 overall, Fairely drops slightly but won't fall beyond Tennessee who have flashbacks of Albert Haynseworth when sending up the selection card.

9. Dallas Cowboys – Tyron Smith, OT, USC
Dallas needs to make it a priority to keep Tony Romo on his feet and off the injury reserve. Smith's gaining a ton of momentum heading towards draft day and makes a ton of sense for the 'Boys.

10. Washington Redskins – A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
A steal. Redskin fans everywhere celebrate when Green is still on the board giving them their future #1 WR as Santana Moss is almost 32 years old.

11. Houston Texans – Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
New DC Wade Phillips has been handed the task of rebuilding the putrid Texans defence. Their biggest needs are help in the secondary and help rushing the passer. Aldon Smith will supply the latter.

12. Minnesota Vikings – Jake Locker, QB, Washington
I had removed Locker from the first round for a while but kept thinking about it and changed my mind. Locker will be picked somewhere in the first half of the draft and the Vikings' name has been mentioned several times in the last few months as possible suitors.

13. Detroit Lions – Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
The Lions would be overjoyed to have Amukamara fall to them here at 13. They could potentially go with an offensive tackle at this spot, but I don't see them passing on The Prince if he's there.

14. St. Louis Rams – Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
Without a top WR available, the Rams look towards adding another piece to their improving D. Liuget gives them a huge upgrade beside Fred Robbins.

15. Miami Dolphins – Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
Sorry MarkIngramToMiami Mockers, it's not gonna happen. The Dolphins biggest need is the interior line and given the amount of depth at the RB position, an upgrade at that position can be found later in the draft. Pouncey might be slightly high to take here but there's a chance the team trades down and takes him later. Either way, it would surprise me if Pouncey isn't a Dolphin after Round 1.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars – Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
Jacksonville is in dire need of help at the defensive end position. Aaron Kampman is coming off a torn ACL (again) and the team just can't generate sacks without him. They could go QB with this pick, but the position is not as desperate a need as this one is.

17. New England Patriots – Cameron Jordan, DE, California
The Patriots are one of the hardest teams to mock for because they trade their picks so often. If they stay at 17 and Jordan is still on the board, it's a pick that makes a lot of sense for a team looking to re-tool their front seven.

18. San Diego Chargers – J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
Another great fit is Watt and San Diego. Watt could go a number of different places including New England one pick earlier. If that happens you could flip Jordan to the Chargers. I believe both of these players will go 17 and 18 and it's just a matter of in which order that we are waiting to find out.

19. New York Giants – Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
Giants fans won't like this pick but it's no secret that the team will need to start looking at youth on the offensive line. Castonzo's BC roots with Tom Coughlin could make him a logical choice for the G-Men.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
At one time considered the #1 player in the draft and a surefire top 5 selection. Bowers' stock has plummeted thanks to injury concerns. The Bucs who are looking to improve their pass rush would jump at the chance to select a player like Bowers regardless of the risk if he's available. At 20, the risk is worth it.

21. Kansas City Chiefs – Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
Chiefs fans have been begging for Phil Taylor for weeks now but with his health issues now hurting his stock, I don't see it happening anymore.

22. Indianapolis Colts – Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
The Colts' poor O-Line has cost them in recent seasons. It's time for the team too look at improvements.

23. Philadelphia Eagles – Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
Character issues aside, Jimmy Smith is a very talented prospect whose stock seems to be on the rise. Smith could be an instant day 1 starter across from Asante Samuel.

24. New Orleans Saints – Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
Son of former NFL'er Craig "Ironhead" Heyward, son Cameron has the size the Saints like and can help to fill a need that the team possess along their defensive line.

25. Seattle Seahawks – Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
Seattle is another team that could go a number of different ways with their picks, they have needs on the offensive line, defensive line, secondary and QB. Since QB is the most important position and Matt Hasselbeck has a chance of not returning (and Charlie Whitehurst is clearly not the answer) Ponder is a great fit for the 'Hawks.

26. Baltimore Ravens – Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
A player in the Clay Mathews mold (even down to the long blonde hair), Reed is a guy that has been linked to the Ravens in recent weeks with Sergio Kindle's career in question.

27. Atlanta Falcons – Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh
One of my favorite players in the entire draft is Jabaal Sheard who many project as a 2nd round. I feel he's got a chance to sneak into the bottom of Round 1. Defensive end is big time need for the Falcons who were a team that simply didn't generate enough sacks last season. Sheard could help remedy that.

28. New England Patriots – Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple
Bill Belichick loves versatile players and Wilkerson is a great fit because of his versatility. He can player either tackle or end and can help protect against both pass and run.

29. Chicago Bears – Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
'Da Bears led the NFL in sacks allowed last year nearly getting Jay Cutler killed in the process. The O-Line needs to be addressed early if Chicago wants to keep their QB healthy and happy.

30. New York Jets – Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
The Jets could use an upgrade at rush linebacker. Ayers is a tricky prospect to mock because many people have differing opinions of him, but I think he's a player that Rex Ryan could fall in love with and try to coach into a productive player.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers – Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
Pittsburgh's secondary is in desperate need of help. Ike Taylor is a free agent but even he is capable of being burned. Aaron Williams can be potentially be a day 1 starter.

32. Green Bay Packers – Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
Houston is a player that could go a lot higher or a lot lower than this depending on who you talk to. Some compare him to mega-bust Vernon Gholston. But, for a team without a ton of glaring needs like the Packers he could be too goo to pass up. If Houston lives up to his potential, opposing QBs could have nightmares with him across from Clay Mathews.

SECOND ROUND

33. New England Patriots - Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
34. Buffalo Bills - Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
35. Cincinnati Bengals - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
36. Denver Broncos - Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
37. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
38. Arizona Cardinals - Ben Ijalana, OT/G, Villanova
39. Tennessee Titans - Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
40. Dallas Cowboys - Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
41. Washington Redkinns - Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
42. Houston Texas - Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor
43. Minnesota Vikings - Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
44. Detroit Lions - Mikel LeShoure, RB, Illinois
45. San Francisco 49ers - Bruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina
46. Denver Broncos - Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA
47. St. Louis Rams - Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
48. Oakland Raiders - Stefen Wisniewski, C/OG, Penn State
49. Jacksonville Jaguars - Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
50. San Diego Chargers - Jon Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois
52. New York Giants - Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
53. Indianapolis Colts - Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
54. Philadelphia Eagles - Marcus Cannon, OG, TCU
55. Kansas City Chiefs - Rodney Hudson, C/OG, Florida State
56. New Orleans Saints - Mason Foster, OLB, Washington
57. Seattle Seahawks - Titus Young, WR, Boise State
58. Baltimore Ravens - Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
59. Atlanta Falcons - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
60. New England Patriots - Will Rackley, OT/OG, Lehigh
61. San Diego Chargers - Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
62. Chicago Bears - Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
63. Pittsburgh Steelers - James Carpenter, OT, Alabama
64. Green Bay Packers - Christian Ballard, DE, Iowa

THIRD ROUND

65. Carolina - Orlando Franklin, OG, Miami
66. Cincinnati - Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
67. Denver - Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington
68. Buffalo - James Brewer, OT, Indiana
69. Arizona - Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
70. Cleveland - Jurrell Casey, DT, USC
71. Dallas - Quinton Carter, FS, Oklahoma
72. New Orleans - Jarvis Jenkins, DT, Clemson
73. Houston - Davon House, CB, New Mexico State
74. New England - Jordan Todman, RB, Connecticut
75. Detroit - Sam Acho, OLB, Texas
76. San Francisco - Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa
77. Tennessee - Greg Little, WR, North Carolina
78. St. Louis - Clint Boling, OG, Georgia
79. Miami - Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas State
80. Jacksonville - Tyler Sash, SS, Iowa
81. Oakland - Chimdi Chekwa, CB, Ohio State
82. San Diego - Chris Carter, OLB, Fresno State
83. NY Giants - Quan Sturdivant, ILB, North Carolina
84. Tampa Bay - Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin
85. Philadelphia - DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson
86. Kansas City - Edmond Gates, WR, Abilene Christian
87. Indianapolis - Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
88. New Orleans - Kelvin Sheppard, ILB, LSU
89. San Diego - Nate Irving, ILB, North Carolina State
90. Baltimore - Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy
91. Atlanta - Tandon Doss, WR, Indiana
92. New England - Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
93. Chicago - Terrell McClain, DT, South Florida
94. NY Jets - Kenrick Ellis, NT, Hampton
95. Pittsburgh - Sione Fua, NT, Stanford
96. Green Bay - DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma
97. Carolina - Brandon Burton, CB, Utah

Pat Sims 90
04-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Don't see Mike Brown taking a QB in the 1st still thinking that Carson is bluffing. I think they take a WR to try and lure Carson back.

2nd and 3rd picks are fine.

Smash28Dash34
04-20-2011, 10:04 PM
I hope the Panthers real draft does not look like this.

Seasonticketholder
04-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Saints

1. Mark Ingram

***A second option would be Adrian Clayborn***

2. Mason Foster (Unless we can trade up to get Adrian Clayborn)
***It would not shock me to see the Saints take Kyle Rudolph if he falls to them in the second. They have Graham but Mike Triplett has reported the Saints might look to upgrade the TE position and would not be surprised to see them use a #1 on one to pair with Graham though he thinks they might wait to go with more of a H-back type later. The Saints took Charles Brown last year in the second because of the grade they had on him so it woul not be out of the question for them to take Rudolph if he's graded as a first rounder on their board.

3a. Kenrick Ellis

3b. Greg Romeus (Unless they trade up for Clayborn)

***Could go with an offensive lineman here or even a safety like Tyler Sash.

T-RICH49
04-20-2011, 10:28 PM
NO ******** OT FOR KC IN THE 1ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!I still want Phil Taylor OR Justin Houston

4U2NV
04-20-2011, 10:33 PM
NO ******** OT FOR KC IN THE 1ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!I still want Phil Taylor OR Justin Houston
I knew you wouldn't be happy with this. Sorry man. I had Taylor going there for a while but had to drop him with the injury concerns.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
04-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Holy George Lopez monologue, that was a brutal first 2 rounds for Chicago...

49erNation85
04-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Excellent 49ers pick.Would be a stellar draft.I just hope Stanzi has an arm but should be a solid QB.

Heisman
04-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Stellar mock for the Vikings.

ChicagoBearsVet23
04-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Great Bears draft!!

Xiomera
04-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Flipping the Lions 2nd and 3rd rounders a bit and going OLB then RB makes more sense to me. How about Bruce Carter in Rd 2 and Daniel Thomas in Rd 3? Obviously love that Prince falls in this projection.

akvikefan89
04-20-2011, 11:57 PM
I love getting Locker and Paea.

Only change I might make is Amukamara > Locker, but then we're screwed at QB with nothing decent in round 2.

Well done.

jCut
04-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Change Rahim Moore to Mason Foster and this is a decent Denver draft. Our need for a LB far outweighs our need for a safety.

StrikeAnywhere
04-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Change Rahim Moore to Mason Foster and this is a decent Denver draft. Our need for a LB far outweighs our need for a safety.

I was going to say the same thing for that pick. I also personally much prefer Paea to Austin, but I could be happy either way. Thanks for not sending Rudolph to us again! :p

wicket
04-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Love the saints picks, love em

AntoinCD
04-21-2011, 01:34 AM
You know...I love the players you selected for the Pats the whole way through. But i dont see them selecting two DEs in the first and two OGs in the second.

If they go DE it is to get a 3 down difference maker. They have already got quite a logjam of role players at the position. If they go Jordan I think that would be DE for the whole draft.

I think they could look at a player like Akeem Ayers or Martez Wilson at OLB. Someone who can play in coverage but also has a lot of potential as a pass rusher.

In the second I would take Hankerson over Rackley and call that a good Pats draft

the_dark_knight
04-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Another Falcons draft that wouldn't make /wrists.

It's not my favorite, but I think you filled some needs here in ATL for sure.

stephenson86
04-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Best Titan's mock I have seen all year.

leroyisgod
04-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Other than Tyron Smith, I LOVE the cowboys draft.

zachsaints52
04-21-2011, 08:58 AM
I absolutely like the Saints draft.

StripedWalrus
04-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Don't see Mike Brown taking a QB in the 1st still thinking that Carson is bluffing. I think they take a WR to try and lure Carson back.

2nd and 3rd picks are fine.

what has changed your mind. For months you have been saying you don't see Mike Brown passing on top 2 QB's?

Poz51
04-21-2011, 10:17 AM
[
3. Buffalo Bills – Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
34. Buffalo Bills - Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
41. Washington Redkinns - Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
59. Atlanta Falcons - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
68. Buffalo - James Brewer, OT, Indiana
69. Arizona - Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
72. New Orleans - Jarvis Jenkins, DT, Clemson
88. New Orleans - Kelvin Sheppard, ILB, LSU

Miller appears inevitable in the first round, if it happens, I hope he is the next late, great Derrick Thomas...
I can live with a QB of the future in the second, I think Kaepernick is more likely, as his mobility, arm strength (in Buffalo weather) and overall ability is a better fit for Buffalo than Dalton. Rudolph is the all around TE that could really help the Bills offense as a whole.
I might hang myself (not really of course) if they take Brewer in the 3rd, Gilbert is better all around IMO, and adds a physicality to the line that they have not had in a while, Jenkins improves the run D, which they have constantly (no $h!t Sherlock) stated they need and want to improve, Sheppard does the same and fits what they have said they want to improve the linebacking core in terms of run D.
Miller, Kaepernick, and Sheppard seems more realistic IMO, although personally I am not high on Miller or Kaepernick.
My .02 on the Bills...

4U2NV
04-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Miller appears inevitable in the first round, if it happens, I hope he is the next late, great Derrick Thomas...
I can live with a QB of the future in the second, I think Kaepernick is more likely, as his mobility, arm strength (in Buffalo weather) and overall ability is a better fit for Buffalo than Dalton. Rudolph is the all around TE that could really help the Bills offense as a whole.
I might hang myself (not really of course) if they take Brewer in the 3rd, Gilbert is better all around IMO, and adds a physicality to the line that they have not had in a while, Jenkins improves the run D, which they have constantly (no $h!t Sherlock) stated they need and want to improve, Sheppard does the same and fits what they have said they want to improve the linebacking core in terms of run D.
Miller, Kaepernick, and Sheppard seems more realistic IMO, although personally I am not high on Miller or Kaepernick.
My .02 on the Bills...

Thanks for the input. I like the fit with Kaepernick and Buffalo also but went with Dalton because Chan Gailey coached him in the senior bowl.

For the 3rd rounder, once I had them take a QB, I thought that they would immediately look for a player to compliment/help him whether that was a skill position player or an O-Lineman. In this case it was Brewer but Gilbert was in the mix too. Right position, possibly wrong player but I still think that if they go QB, at some point they'll need to add some protection around him.

thebow305
04-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Eh, that's waaaaaay too early for Pouncey IMO, I really hope we don't do that!

Thomas is a nice pick in the 3rd though.

TACKLE
04-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Very solid Ravens mock across the board.

J-Mike88
04-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Great Bears draft!!
Holy George Lopez monologue, that was a brutal first 2 rounds for Chicago...
Sounds like your Bears mock was perfectly realistic. Good job.

Great first 2 picks for the Packers. I like DeMarco Murray, but wouldn't want him there when we need an OT much more and Murray is brittle and at best will be a 3rd down guy.

Menardo75
04-21-2011, 06:47 PM
I love Bruce Carter, but he would play inside in the 49ers defense which is not a position of need they need a DE/OLB Hybrid there.

4U2NV
04-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Flipping the Lions 2nd and 3rd rounders a bit and going OLB then RB makes more sense to me. How about Bruce Carter in Rd 2 and Daniel Thomas in Rd 3? Obviously love that Prince falls in this projection.
I really like both LeShoure and Acho. I know that Carter seems like a likely choice for the Lions in the 2nd but I believe that LeShoure is a better prospect than Thomas is and Acho isn't a huge drop off from Carter. I actually think that Acho has a chance to go a lot higher than people expect.

Also happy to see that I've made a few Saints fans happy. It's really hard putting together a Saints mock that is agreeable to you guys. :P

Spectre
04-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Great Browns mock except for putting Jones above Green. Jones might be a better fit in terms of blocking but you don't draft a receiver to block. Green has better hands and runs routes incredibly well for his size. I can't see Heckert passing him for Jones if we're going WR.

bucsti25
04-22-2011, 04:37 PM
excellent bucs mock way to do the research and hit every pick

Seasonticketholder
04-22-2011, 06:58 PM
I absolutely like the Saints draft.

Love the saints picks, love em

I like Cam Heyward too! That said, what happens when he is a 3-4 sack a year guy? He's not going to bring an effective pass rush. He will play the run stout but so did Alex Brown.

Poz51
04-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the input. I like the fit with Kaepernick and Buffalo also but went with Dalton because Chan Gailey coached him in the senior bowl.

For the 3rd rounder, once I had them take a QB, I thought that they would immediately look for a player to compliment/help him whether that was a skill position player or an O-Lineman. In this case it was Brewer but Gilbert was in the mix too. Right position, possibly wrong player but I still think that if they go QB, at some point they'll need to add some protection around him.

Dalton is very likely for that reason, and as is the case with Gilbert, Nix loves players from the SE area of the country historically, so Dalton and Gilbert I would think are more likely in that respect as well. I like your thinking for taking a QB then a compliment, I have been "banging the table" for that, for a couple years now, at least a QB or OT, both would be great IMO... I just dislike Brewer, I think he does not have the physicality or aggresiveness for the NFL, and in general does not have the feel for the game either.
Personally I could live with Dalton over Kaepernick, it is also realistic IMO, although I think Ponder is the prize for them, although like myself you have him going to Seattle...
They (Nix and Gailey) have stated that they like what they have at the tackle spots, but I agree you, they need to add protection in general at that spot.

rawdawg
04-23-2011, 09:34 PM
If Tice can get Solder ready to be a starting caliber LT by September, this is an amazing Bears draft. Good job.

4U2NV
04-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Dalton is very likely for that reason, and as is the case with Gilbert, Nix loves players from the SE area of the country historically, so Dalton and Gilbert I would think are more likely in that respect as well. I like your thinking for taking a QB then a compliment, I have been "banging the table" for that, for a couple years now, at least a QB or OT, both would be great IMO... I just dislike Brewer, I think he does not have the physicality or aggresiveness for the NFL, and in general does not have the feel for the game either.
Personally I could live with Dalton over Kaepernick, it is also realistic IMO, although I think Ponder is the prize for them, although like myself you have him going to Seattle...
They (Nix and Gailey) have stated that they like what they have at the tackle spots, but I agree you, they need to add protection in general at that spot.

That's really interesting info (Nix loving players from the SE). This is one of the best things about this board, you'll get different perspectives for each team than you would elsewhere and get subtle info like the above the the average draft "expert" might overlook due to trying to cover the entire league. Thanks for that!

SickwithIt1010
04-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Solid eagles picks

holt_bruce81
04-24-2011, 03:51 AM
I really like the Rams selections.

noondog
04-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Interesting Lions draft...I like.

the_dark_knight
04-25-2011, 08:00 AM
I like Demarco for the Falcons in Round 3, since JJ goes 1 pick before us...GRR. /rude Ravens.

But Doss isn't a bad pick, it just doesn't seem like it makes a lot of sense with a talent like Murray on the boards and the Falcons still lacking a speed/CoP back for Michael Turner.