*Texans and 49ers trade picks
**Patriots trade 28th pick to Vikings

T-RICH49
04-22-2011, 03:24 PM
I can see Ayers being tbe pick but would prefer Phil Taylor

Smash28Dash34
04-22-2011, 03:32 PM
I can see Ayers being tbe pick but would prefer Phil Taylor

Yea I know Taylor is a favorite among most people. I just thought that with the news about is foot he might slip a few spots. I think if it's not Taylor it will be Ayers. I just picked Ayers for the sake of changing things up.

JaxJag_1
04-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Please stop the Kerrigan to Jacksonville in the mocks.

jrdrylie
04-22-2011, 03:43 PM
No no no no no on Solder-to-Chicago. He doesn't fit their system at all. Plus, they need a guy who can protect Cutler now. Not a guy who may take three years.

Smash28Dash34
04-22-2011, 03:45 PM

I have seen a # of mocks with Kerrigan going to them, point well taken though. In your opinion do you still see them going DE or in another direction.

jrdrylie
04-22-2011, 03:47 PM

I don't know why you say this. Kerrigan-to-Jax is going to happen (assuming he is there at 16). He is a productive senior with a great motor and character who can step in and be a great locker room presence and leader. It that doesn't scream Gene Smith, I don't know what does. Sure it's boring to see it in every draft, but the point of making mock drafts is to be accurate.

Smash28Dash34
04-22-2011, 04:00 PM
No no no no no on Solder-to-Chicago. He doesn't fit their system at all. Plus, they need a guy who can protect Cutler now. Not a guy who may take three years.

I'm not a big fan of Solder either. For me it was a toss up between him and Danny Watkins. I went with Solder because while he is the bigger risk, he has more upside than Watkins. Watkins is probably more prepared to play right now though, so maybe I should have gone with him in that regard.

Pat Sims 90
04-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Green is a solid pick for the Bengals.

Smash28Dash34
04-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Green is a solid pick for the Bengals.

Yea I doubt they would be that stupid and take a QB at 4. T.O. is gone and Ocho could be too. Even if Ocho stays, Shipley wont command respect as a #2. They should draft Green to take pressure off Ocho and allow Shipley to develop into one of the top slot recievers in the game. Yes I do think Shipley has the potential to be that good in the slot.

49erNation85
04-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Way this turns out nice for SF trading down and gather another pick and getting Prince still nice job.

Smash28Dash34
04-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Way this turns out nice for SF trading down and gather another pick and getting Prince still nice job.

Thanks I figured if PP7 and V Miller were both gone they would look to trade down. I picked Houston because they dessperately need that impact player to put in Wade Phillips new system. I figured Quinn was at the top of their board so I had them jump Washington to get him. Then the fact that Prince is still there for SF at #11 was a nice surprise for them.

scottyboy
04-22-2011, 06:37 PM
loveee the carimi to the giants. nice work

Smash28Dash34
04-22-2011, 06:40 PM
loveee the carimi to the giants. nice work

He fits what they do on offense to a tee. Hes a guy you can plug in at RT right away and feel the impact in your running game. Now while the Giants RB situation is in a little bit of a flux, having Carimi there to clear paths will certainly help.

Seasonticketholder
04-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Can't be upset with DaQuan Bowers.

Smash28Dash34
04-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Can't be upset with DaQuan Bowers.

If he does in fact freefall like I think he will, the Saints are a perfect team to take a chance on him. While the Saints do need help at DE, they are good enough to take Bowers and let him recover. Their signing of Shaun Rodgers along with already having Sedrick Ellis should help free up Will Smith and co. untill Bowers is cleared to play. Bowers and Ellis could make a devistating combo for years to come IF Bowers is as good as advertised once healthy.

Seasonticketholder
04-22-2011, 07:02 PM
If he does in fact freefall like I think he will, the Saints are a perfect team to take a chance on him. While the Saints do need help at DE, they are good enough to take Bowers and let him recover. Their signing of Shaun Rodgers along with already having Sedrick Ellis should help free up Will Smith and co. untill Bowers is cleared to play. Bowers and Ellis could make a devistating combo for years to come IF Bowers is as good as advertised once healthy.

I agree totally. I am praying for such a scenario. What would I like to see happen? Saints take Bowers or Kerrigan or maybe even Clayborn @24. Bowers would be ideal because of his ability to play the run and pass. Then the Saints trade up in the second, give up their 1st next year for Mark Ingram. In the third, they take Mason Foster and Kenrick Ellis. On that alone, I would probably not care if they bombed the next three drafts. Actually, I would. But you get what I am saying!

Smash28Dash34
04-22-2011, 07:11 PM
I agree totally. I am praying for such a scenario. What would I like to see happen? Saints take Bowers or Kerrigan or maybe even Clayborn @24. Bowers would be ideal because of his ability to play the run and pass. Then the Saints trade up in the second, give up their 1st next year for Mark Ingram. In the third, they take Mason Foster and Kenrick Ellis. On that alone, I would probably not care if they bombed the next three drafts. Actually, I would. But you get what I am saying!

I think they definitely have a clear shot at Clayborn no matter what. If they somehow got Ingram too that would be crazy. An Ingram/Bush combo could actually work.

Matthew Jones
04-22-2011, 07:12 PM
The Patriots like to trade down but I don't think they would if they had a chance to draft Mark Ingram or Mike Pouncey there.

Smash28Dash34
04-22-2011, 07:18 PM
The Patriots like to trade down but I don't think they would if they had a chance to draft Mark Ingram or Mike Pouncey there.
I don't disagree at all I just picked the Pats as the team to trade out for another to get a QB. Anything could happen their at 28. So yea i could definitely see Pouncey their at 28 if they keep the pick. Bill loves his Gators.