PDA

View Full Version : One Round and Trades

jackalope
04-23-2011, 02:02 PM
This is the first time I've incorporated trades into a mock. I didn't bother with what picks would be given up since I didn't go past the first round.

1. Carolina – Cam Newton
2. Denver – Marcell Dareus
3. Buffalo – Von Miller
4. Cincinnati – AJ Green
5. Arizona –Blaine Gabbert
TRADE
6. Dallas (Cleveland) –Patrick Peterson
7. San Francisco – Prince Amukamara
8. Tennessee – Nick Fairley
9. Cleveland (Dallas) – Robert Quinn
10. Washington – Julio Jones
11. Houston – Aldon Smith
12. Minnesota – Jake Locker
13. Detroit – Tyron Smith
14. St. Louis – JJ Watt
15. Miami – Ryan Mallett
16. Jacksonville – Ryan Kerrigan
17. New England – Mike Pouncey
18. San Diego – Cameron Jordan
19. NY Giants – Anthony Castonzo
TRADE
20. Green Bay (Tampa Bay) – Gabe Carimi
21. Kansas City – Phil Taylor
22. Indianapolis – Nate Solder
23. Philadelphia – Jimmy Smith
24. New Orleans – Da’Quan Bowers
25. Seattle – Corey Liuget
26. Baltimore – Cam Heyward
27. Atlanta – Justin Houston
28. New England – Akeem Ayers
29. Chicago – Derek Sherrod
TRADE
30. Tennessee (NY Jets) – Christian Ponder
31. Pittsburgh – Brandon Harris
32. Tampa Bay (Green Bay) – Adrian Clayborn

T-RICH49
04-23-2011, 03:07 PM
love any mock draft with Phil Taylor to KC

TheMatriculator
04-23-2011, 03:41 PM
love any mock draft with Phil Taylor to KC

Exactly...

49erNation85
04-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Freaking Dallas!SO unfair lol.

GatorsBullsFan
04-23-2011, 05:05 PM
I don't think Jags will take Ryan Kerrigan

Pat Sims 90
04-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Green is a solid pick.

JaxJag_1
04-23-2011, 07:25 PM

Thank You

We won't take Ryan Kerrigan

jackalope
04-24-2011, 05:43 PM

Thank You

We won't take Ryan Kerrigan

Why is that?

wicket
04-24-2011, 05:48 PM
slam dunk saints pick

Seasonticketholder
04-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Bowers would be an unbelievable steal for the Saints.

GoRavens
04-24-2011, 08:47 PM
mike pouncey can go eat a flying weiner

SickwithIt1010
04-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Why is that?

For some reason they both think that Andy Dalton will be the pick at 16....dont worry about them, Ive seen Kerrigan being a very popular pick for them and see it being very likely.

Love the eagles pick.

BigJohn98
04-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Dalton at 16 would be worse than Kerrigan.

JaxJag_1
04-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Why is that?

It isn't how Gene Smith operates.

We have seemingly gone out of our way this entire off-season to make it known that we like Ryan Kerrigan.

Gene works in secrecy. If he likes you, he won't let the league know it.

Also, when Gene was recently asked about Ryan Kerrigan being mocked to us and people saying he's a "Gene Smith type of player". Gene just said, "well I like to think there are a lot of players like that in this draft".

GatorsBullsFan
04-24-2011, 10:17 PM
For some reason they both think that Andy Dalton will be the pick at 16....dont worry about them, Ive seen Kerrigan being a very popular pick for them and see it being very likely.

Love the eagles pick.

No I don't think we will go Dalton that early at all...I think we will go for one of the bigger DEs like Jordan or Watt

gpngc
04-24-2011, 10:18 PM
It isn't how Gene Smith operates.

We have seemingly gone out of our way this entire off-season to make it known that we like Ryan Kerrigan.

Gene works in secrecy. If he likes you, he won't let the league know it.

Also, when Gene was recently asked about Ryan Kerrigan being mocked to us and people saying he's a "Gene Smith type of player". Gene just said, "well I like to think there are a lot of players like that in this draft".

I'm thinking Clayborn, QB, or Brandon Harris.

JaxJag_1
04-24-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm thinking Clayborn, QB, or Brandon Harris.

No to Clayborn. Questionable motor and an assault arrest on his record.

No to Brandon Harris either. I have a hard time believing Gene would give him a 1st round grade even.

I've narrowed it down to 5 possible and realistic candidates:

Andy Dalton, J.J. Watt, Cameron Jordan, Mike Pouncey, and Brooks Reed.

Pouncey isn't very likely, but possible and Brooks Reed is a real dark horse ala Tyson Alualu last year.

Cameron Jordan I'm just not sure about. This past week, Gene Smith's right-hand man -- Terry McDonough -- said that pass rusher is a need. Cam Jordan is a real good player, but he's not a great 4-3 pass rushing prospect at DE.

I also don't think J.J. Watt will be available when we pick at 16 with all the recent reports surfacing with Dallas loving him.

GatorsBullsFan
04-25-2011, 06:53 PM
No to Clayborn. Questionable motor and an assault arrest on his record.

No to Brandon Harris either. I have a hard time believing Gene would give him a 1st round grade even.

I've narrowed it down to 5 possible and realistic candidates:

Andy Dalton, J.J. Watt, Cameron Jordan, Mike Pouncey, and Brooks Reed.

Pouncey isn't very likely, but possible and Brooks Reed is a real dark horse ala Tyson Alualu last year.

Cameron Jordan I'm just not sure about. This past week, Gene Smith's right-hand man -- Terry McDonough -- said that pass rusher is a need. Cam Jordan is a real good player, but he's not a great 4-3 pass rushing prospect at DE.

I also don't think J.J. Watt will be available when we pick at 16 with all the recent reports surfacing with Dallas loving him.

I've never heard of a assualt record on Clayborn's record but I know he does a lot of charity work in his community

Seasonticketholder
04-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Prediction: If Bowers gets beyond Detroit, he may fall into the second. The Saints will take Ingram there.

jackalope
04-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Prediction: If Bowers gets beyond Detroit, he may fall into the second. The Saints will take Ingram there.

Do you have a strong basis for that, or just a hunch? I've also heard Saints fans say Ingram at 24 is a terrible pick.

jackalope
04-25-2011, 08:09 PM
I also find it hard to believe that Bowers drops out of the first round. I think New Orleans is about as low as he would go, and it would be hard to imagine Atlanta passing on him.

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Half of the scouts asked still have him as their top end.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/120582724.html

The Journal Sentinel asked 23 personnel men to rank their top five ends and their top five tackles, each on a 1-to-5 basis. Five points were given to a first-place vote, four for a second and so on.
Bowers tops ends

At end, Da'Quan Bowers (85 points, 12 firsts) led the way, followed by Robert Quinn (59, four), Aldon Smith (54, three), Watt (54, three), Cameron Jordan (37), Adrian Clayborn (23, one), Ryan Kerrigan (20), Jabaal Sheard (eight) and Cameron Heyward (five).

Matthew Jones
04-25-2011, 08:21 PM
That mock is a mess. You have New England trading down with a contender in their conference, except they don't add Baltimore's first round pick...what? Then you have the Ravens taking Heyward at #26 and the Patriots taking him at #28.

Seasonticketholder
04-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Do you have a strong basis for that, or just a hunch? I've also heard Saints fans say Ingram at 24 is a terrible pick.

Let's just call it a hunch or something a little birdie has told me. But I know Sean Payton covets Ingram. Bowers, if healthy, seems logical. But so did Sergio Kindle last year except for the fact that the Saints did not medically clear him.

jackalope
04-25-2011, 08:38 PM
That mock is a mess. You have New England trading down with a contender in their conference, except they don't add Baltimore's first round pick...what? Then you have the Ravens taking Heyward at #26 and the Patriots taking him at #28.

Wow, thanks. Not sure how I missed that. At least it was a relatively easy fix though.

Seasonticketholder
04-25-2011, 08:40 PM
I also find it hard to believe that Bowers drops out of the first round. I think New Orleans is about as low as he would go, and it would be hard to imagine Atlanta passing on him.

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Half of the scouts asked still have him as their top end.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/120582724.html

Hey, it's hard for me to believe. But if you had asked me about Kindle last year, I would have said the same thing. Bowers, when healthy, is arguably the best defensive end in this draft. The question is, how healthy is he? I have seen others suggest the possibility of Bowers falling from Peter King to Brian Billick to Paul Burmeister. Does not make those guys right. We will see what happens. I just know for the Saints, there stands the "possibility" that the Saints could pass on Bowers, which will be to the dismay of a lot of Saints fans, I know, around here.