PDA

View Full Version : Swap firsts & seconds with the Chargers and we give you Turner?

BoltHype
03-22-2007, 09:21 PM
this is MY trade idea, what do the PACK think about it?

keep in mind, these clips are just from last year and dont include some amazing runs he had in 2005:

http://www.dailymotion.com/jcdavey/video/x1idt5_turnburn

ny10804
03-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Swap firsts and thirds and I'd say yea. That would value Turner as approximately the 46th pick of the draft.

GB12
03-22-2007, 09:32 PM
I never thought about it, but that really wouldn't be bad. I like it. We get our RB for the future, and still a first that we could use on someone like Griffin. I don't see it happening, but not a bad idea.

ny10804
03-22-2007, 09:35 PM
I never thought about it, but that really wouldn't be bad. I like it. We get our RB for the future, and still a first that we could use on someone like Griffin. I don't see it happening, but not a bad idea.

Some guy other than Arrigo on packerchatters has been talking about this trade for about a week or so by now. Same guy who said a Griffin deal was going to be announced soon. So, yea...

GB12
03-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Some guy other than Arrigo on packerchatters has been talking about this trade for about a week or so by now. Same guy who said a Griffin deal was going to be announced soon. So, yea...

I signed up for packerchatters but never use it. They are all complte morons over there and I like to hear other peoples points of view as well, not just packers fans. I saw one of your posts ther once though.

ny10804
03-22-2007, 09:44 PM
I signed up for packerchatters but never use it. They are all complte morons over there and I like to hear other peoples points of view as well, not just packers fans. I saw one of your posts ther once though.

I joined in August '06, and: Total Cumulative Posts 32
( 0.1 posts per day / 0.05% of total forum posts )

Really only joined cause the Joe Arrigo rumors were like crack and I had to register to read them.

princefielder28
03-22-2007, 09:48 PM
I joined in August '06, and: Total Cumulative Posts 32
( 0.1 posts per day / 0.05% of total forum posts )

Really only joined cause the Joe Arrigo rumors were like crack and I had to register to read them.

Crack??? Where??? :)

ny10804
03-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Crack??? Where??? :)

It's crack. Hooray crack!

http://re3.mm-a6.yimg.com/image/3472291745

neko4
03-22-2007, 10:32 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/pabst666/tyrone20biggums.jpg
I want some crack,
But anyway I really like the Idea and Turner

jdcozart
03-25-2007, 04:32 PM
I think it is an absolutely miserable trade and that San Diego fans completely overrate Turner's value! That trade is about the equivalent of us giving up a very early 2nd round pick. The Bears only got the equivalent of a 3rd for Thomas Jones and you think we will give you a 2nd. Not gonna happen!

GB12
03-25-2007, 04:55 PM
I think it is an absolutely miserable trade and that San Diego fans completely overrate Turner's value! That trade is about the equivalent of us giving up a very early 2nd round pick. The Bears only got the equivalent of a 3rd for Thomas Jones and you think we will give you a 2nd. Not gonna happen!

Turner's value>>Jones' value

princefielder28
03-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Turner's value>>Jones' value

But Turner isn't worth an early 2nd rounder

The Legend
03-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Swap 1st Round - Packers (30) / Chargers (16)

Give 2nd Round - Chargers (47) / Chargers (62)

Swap 3rd Round - Packers (93) / Chargers (79)

Jim Jim
03-25-2007, 06:53 PM

Michael Turner is no where near that in value. He's a decent running back, but he's running behind a great offensive line and gets to spell the best running back after he wears down a defense.

PACKmanN
03-25-2007, 07:04 PM
nope we lose the chances of getting talented players by doing that and i dont want that. Turner isnt worth jack right now, If the Bears got a 2nd for a starting running back, im not giving anything more then a 4th.

The Legend
03-25-2007, 07:07 PM
nope we lose the chances of getting talented players by doing that and i dont want that. Turner isnt worth jack right now, If the Bears got a 2nd for a starting running back, im not giving anything more then a 4th.

he is 1st round & 3rd round deal

thats what the chargers set him at

TitleTown088
03-25-2007, 07:40 PM

I wouldn't be in favor of giving up that much for him.

Vince Lombardi
03-25-2007, 08:02 PM
he is 1st round & 3rd round deal

thats what the chargers set him at

That's only the tender if a team offers him a contact and the Chargers decide not to match it. It's absolutely ridiculous for anybody to think that will actually happen. The Chargers own his rights and they can choose to trade him for whatever they want, be it more than a 1st & 3rd or less (which it will for sure be less because Turner's value isn't that high). It's the same situation as what Atlanta just did with Matt Schaub.

roughrider30
03-25-2007, 08:21 PM

Thats seems like way too much to give up for Turner, and i definitely dont see TT making a deal like that and parting with our second.

The Legend
03-25-2007, 09:09 PM
just so you know i am not even crazy about getting him .... just from what i am hearing they want alot for him

i dont realy want him that badly .... i want him but not for alot

princefielder28
03-25-2007, 09:33 PM
just so you know i am not even crazy about getting him .... just from what i am hearing they want alot for him

i dont realy want him that badly .... i want him but not for alot

On the same page as you

ds8582
03-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Here is your (draft heavy) On the Sidleine report for Monday, March 26th, 2007....

The Packers and the Chargers are indeed talking about a deal that would send Michael Turner and the #30 pick to the Pack for ther #16. Players that MAY be there at #30 if a deal goes down, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn, Brandon Merriweather, Michael Griffin and Greg Olsen.

A player the Packers are going to be following closely is USC's Dwayne Jarrett. I was told by a VERY CREDITABLE SOURCE that they feel he can give them 2-3 big plays a game and will watch his 40 time closely this Wed (the day of the USC pro day). I spoke to a "friend" at USC and he said his former teammate would like to play for the Packers and w/ Brett Favre.

The Packers are looking into signing Dominick Williams (formally Davis) if his knee is healthy. I was told earlier (last month) that he would need another surgery and miss this season as well, but it looks like that info was wrong. It would be a 1 year deal if it happens.

The Packers are indeed amongst a handful of teams in the mix to sign David Carr. The Lions and Cowboys are another teams that have expressed interest. As for the Packers, if they do sign Carr, don't look for them to draft a QB in the draft, BUT if they dont, I was told BY A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE Trent Edwards is on their list and is an option, but he will most likely be gone in round 2, so keep an eye Josh Swogger, Jeff Rowe and Toby Korrodi.

The Packers RB coach Edgar Bennett and Reggie McKensie met w/ Fresno St. RB Dwayne Wright twice (at Fresno St.'s pro day and at San Deigo's St.'s) and, I have learned, have said to have MAJOR intrest in him, and the feeling is more then mutual on Dwayne's end. By the way, Dwayne ran a 4.62 at the SDSU pro day (although some scouts, at least 7, had him at 4.58) and the Falcons are flying him down this week for a private workout.

The Packers and Eagles are talking about a deal that would send Darwin Walker and the Eagles 7th round pick in the 2007 draft for the Packers 6th round pick in this years draft. But the Eagles want a 5th for him and the Packers are unwilling to part with the 5th.

A player to keep an eye on during day 2 of the draft is No. Illionis TE Jake Nordin.

I heard the Packers may be looking into Jets RB Cedric Houston for a late round pick. The Jets have been trying to trade Houston since the trading deadline last season.

I also heard the Packers scouts/staff have been talking to the Pittsburgh staff (alot) about CB/PR Darrelle Revis and that the Packers are high on Revis.

This is from Joe Arrigo's column today.

princefielder28
03-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Joe is always a reliable source???

Jim Jim
03-26-2007, 04:57 PM
I have been following all of Arrigo's off season "rumors and sources."

And guess what.

Joe don't know.

PACKmanN
03-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Here is your (draft heavy) On the Sidleine report for Monday, March 26th, 2007....

The Packers and the Chargers are indeed talking about a deal that would send Michael Turner and the #30 pick to the Pack for ther #16. Players that MAY be there at #30 if a deal goes down, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn, Brandon Merriweather, Michael Griffin and Greg Olsen. only Jarrett and Merriweahter will be there

A player the Packers are going to be following closely is USC's Dwayne Jarrett. I was told by a VERY CREDITABLE SOURCE that they feel he can give them 2-3 big plays a game and will watch his 40 time closely this Wed (the day of the USC pro day). I spoke to a "friend" at USC and he said his former teammate would like to play for the Packers and w/ Brett Favre.[/b]"friend" thats all i got to say[/b]

The Packers are looking into signing Dominick Williams (formally Davis) if his knee is healthy. I was told earlier (last month) that he would need another surgery and miss this season as well, but it looks like that info was wrong. It would be a 1 year deal if it happens. if his knee is healthy why would u sign Green then cut him?

The Packers are indeed amongst a handful of teams in the mix to sign David Carr. The Lions and Cowboys are another teams that have expressed interest. As for the Packers, if they do sign Carr, don't look for them to draft a QB in the draft, BUT if they dont, I was told BY A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE Trent Edwards is on their list and is an option, but he will most likely be gone in round 2, so keep an eye Josh Swogger, Jeff Rowe and Toby Korrodi. i thought TT said Rodgers is that future of this team and will not be traded, why do we need Carr? lol.

The Packers RB coach Edgar Bennett and Reggie McKensie met w/ Fresno St. RB Dwayne Wright twice (at Fresno St.'s pro day and at San Deigo's St.'s) and, I have learned, have said to have MAJOR intrest in him, and the feeling is more then mutual on Dwayne's end. By the way, Dwayne ran a 4.62 at the SDSU pro day (although some scouts, at least 7, had him at 4.58) and the Falcons are flying him down this week for a private workout. cool

The Packers and Eagles are talking about a deal that would send Darwin Walker and the Eagles 7th round pick in the 2007 draft for the Packers 6th round pick in this years draft. But the Eagles want a 5th for him and the Packers are unwilling to part with the 5th. TT"We are going to build this team through the draft." Theres also talks about us resigning Williams so this isnt going to happen.

A player to keep an eye on during day 2 of the draft is No. Illionis TE Jake Nordin.dont know much

I heard the Packers may be looking into Jets RB Cedric Houston for a late round pick. The Jets have been trying to trade Houston since the trading deadline last season. TT"We are going to build this team through the draft."

I also heard the Packers scouts/staff have been talking to the Pittsburgh staff (alot) about CB/PR Darrelle Revis and that the Packers are high on Revis. wont get pass the thre Loins in round 2

This is from Joe Arrigo's column today.

Almost 75% of this is bull, dont belive this guy.

GadoR'Savior
03-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Swap 1st, im happy with that!
swap 1st and 2nd im not happy!
swap 1st and 3 happy if we pick up another 3rd rounder
swap 1st and 4th very happy if we trade barry 4th round pick

All and all Turner is a darn good lookin player and Thomas Jones is def not up not better than him. I think a deal for hime will be like are deal for Green and work out get. Im a huge Turner fan. This is a DRAFT DAY trade thou because if Lynch is there at 16 Packers would take, imo, if not they trade down or swap with Chargers who take Teddy Ginn jr or some other reciever and we grab a saftey or wr

princefielder28
03-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Swap 1st, im happy with that!
swap 1st and 2nd im not happy!
swap 1st and 3 happy if we pick up another 3rd rounder
swap 1st and 4th very happy if we trade barry 4th round pick

All and all Turner is a darn good lookin player and Thomas Jones is def not up not better than him. I think a deal for hime will be like are deal for Green and work out get. Im a huge Turner fan. This is a DRAFT DAY trade thou because if Lynch is there at 16 Packers would take, imo, if not they trade down or swap with Chargers who take Teddy Ginn jr or some other reciever and we grab a saftey or wr

I agree if the trade does happen it would be on the day of the draft.