PDA

View Full Version : 10 NFL Players Arrested since start of Lockout

DuckHunt
04-24-2011, 08:33 PM
10 players have been arrested since the lockout started....anybody see this increasing? Or just a stat the NFL threw out there for negotiation purposes?

http://www.chicitysports.com/2011/04/24/ten-players-arrested-since-nfl-lockout-interesting/

gpngc
04-24-2011, 08:39 PM
They REALLY don't want you playing music too loud in SEC country...

Pat Sims 90
04-24-2011, 09:02 PM
It is nice for once to see the Bengals staying off that list.

J-Mike88
04-24-2011, 09:18 PM
I find your complete list to be ........... http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu113/AFloridian/thats_racist.gif

Giants34
04-25-2011, 02:52 AM
This is why a premium is placed on character. You're getting paid a lot of money...act like a professional.

will99890
04-27-2011, 01:14 PM
I still don't get why pro athletes carry guns; is there really that big of a target on their back?

With the money they make, you would think they could at least pay some goon bodyguard to carry the gun/take the weapon charge.

Monomach
04-27-2011, 01:48 PM
I still don't get why pro athletes carry guns; is there really that big of a target on their back?

With the money they make, you would think they could at least pay some goon bodyguard to carry the gun/take the weapon charge.

The problem is athletes "keeping it real" and continuing to live the ghetto thug lifestyle after they get rich. I was lucky enough to play ball with Carlton Fisk's son. Through him, I met some White Sox players. A few of these guys had epic loads of money, but they didn't carry guns, have bodyguards, or act tough because in those days, it wasn't "cool." When someone walked up to them, they signed autographs and talked with them for a little while before gently getting them to go away.

Some athletes use their money to play the big shot at clubs, hire entourages, plow through scores of hood rats, and play with guns. Sometimes these guys get shot. Some athletes use their money to join exclusive country clubs, travel the world, bang models, and drive race cars or fly planes or whatever. These guys only get shot if they cheat on their trophy wife with some crazy broad.

FlyingElvis
04-27-2011, 01:50 PM

Most of them could probably make the case that they need it for protection b/c of their wealth and carry a legal weapon to begin with. They are just too damn ignorant to do the smart thing and obtain and carry a weapon legally.

Cook, on the other hand, seems to at least be smart enough to have a legal piece, since his charge is simply a misdemeanor for "brandishing" it. Not many details of his incident, though.

Timbathia
04-27-2011, 06:24 PM
I thought Americans carried guns in case the King of England came into their houses and started pushing them around.

mqtirishfan
04-27-2011, 06:32 PM
2 players have been stabbed since the lockout started....anybody see this increasing? Or just a stat the players threw out there for stabbing purposes?

jrdrylie
04-27-2011, 06:39 PM
2 players have been stabbed since the lockout started....anybody see this increasing? Or just a stat the players threw out there for stabbing purposes?

I see it increasing as more and more gold digging wives and girlfriends can't get the credit card to go shopping.