PDA

View Full Version : .::The Official Dallas Teams Thread::.

Paul
03-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Might as well have one since the NFL off season takes friggin forever after the draft. Mavericks, Rangers, Stars...FC of Dallas. etc

Mavericks will avenge last years defeat in the finals.
Rangers, pissing me off as always when it comes to actually signing a real #1 pitcher.
Stars are apparently pretty good.
I couldn't name you a player from FC of Dallas.

D-Unit
03-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Might as well have one since the NFL off season takes friggin forever after the draft. Mavericks, Rangers, Stars...FC of Dallas. etc

Mavericks will avenge last years defeat in the finals.
Rangers, pissing me off as always when it comes to actually signing a real #1 pitcher.
Stars are apparently pretty good.
I couldn't name you a player from FC of Dallas.
Mavs need Steve Nash back.

Rangers are a mess. They screwed up by building a batter friendly park in a game where pitchers win. Good pitchers won't go there and they've been terrible in developing from within and in the draft. They passed on Kazmir (local talent), Jered Weaver, and on and on and on... They traded A-Rod and ended up with Brad Wilkerson while still having to pay part of A-Rod's contract. They decided to make a youth movement in acquiring all this young talent, then traded it all away for Carlos Lee, who left them in the dust.

But all is not lost. They have a decent core of players that just need to take the next step... including Teixeira.

Stars need to find a real sport.

Paul
03-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Don't remind me of Carlos Lee, he was horrible, couldn't field, couldn't run, and striked our more then..someone who strikes out alot. But we do got that kid Thomas Diamond who people think could be a star. He's stil in AA I think.

And if Nash was still here, Dirk we not be the player he is today. He picked up his game when it was all on him, and not Finley and Nash. Plus Nash thrives in the Suns offense, he couldn't be doing the samething here in Avery's system.

BX
03-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Just dropping in to say that I won't be contributing to this thread. I'm exclusively a fan of the Cowboys. The rest of the state... eh, I'm not too big on.

Ward
03-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Not really true the Rangers can't develop pitching from within. They've just been stupid about it. They had Chris Young from within and traded him away for practically nothing. They've done a good job of developing relievers from within as well.

Modano
03-23-2007, 01:45 AM
The Stars have the same problem of the last couple of years. They can't find a true scorer, someon who can put 100 points a season, and they don't know how Turco will play in the playoff. But they have great defense as always, and they're doing well in scoring-by-commitee. If Mike Smith could step in the playoff as did Cam Ward last year, they're in good shape to be a contender...
Now you all know why I have this nickname ;)

Ward
03-23-2007, 02:04 AM
Modano is really underrated in Dallas a sports icon for that city. He's arguably the most important American hockey player ever now, and he's spent his entire career as a Star (back when they were in Minnesota too). He lives in Dallas, he's active in the community, and has been nothing short of a model citizen. Mike Modano should be in the same sentence as Staubach, Aikman, Smith, and mentioned before Nolan Ryan.

03-23-2007, 03:31 AM
I'm not a Mavericks fan by any means but If they still had Nash they wouldn't be doing what they are doing. They already have Dirk who can't play Defense and If they had Nash he would be another player who wouldn't be able to play Defense. Plus it's all about the system Nash is in a good system and has a great cast around him.

duckseason
03-23-2007, 04:16 AM
I'm not a Mavericks fan by any means but If they still had Nash they wouldn't be doing what they are doing. They already have Dirk who can't play Defense and If they had Nash he would be another player who wouldn't be able to play Defense. Plus it's all about the system Nash is in a good system and has a great cast around him.
You are aware that Nash is on the very short list of greatest PG's of all time, and that his most notable attribute is his uncanny ability to put his teammates in the best possible position to succeed, right? I'm actually having a hard time thinking of a team that wouldn't be an instant playoff contender with the single addition of Nash. The Suns were 29-53 the year before Nash's arrival, and went an NBA best 62-20 in his first year there. He's the MVP for good reason.

D-Unit
03-23-2007, 04:20 AM
Not really true the Rangers can't develop pitching from within. They've just been stupid about it. They had Chris Young from within and traded him away for practically nothing. They've done a good job of developing relievers from within as well.
Well, Chris Young is the only example. I can't think of anyone else they've been able to develop. They traded John Danks away for McCarthy, so we'll see who ended up with the better deal sooner than later as Danks should make it to the big leagues by the end of the season. Diamond has been disappointing so far to say the least. He was drafted out of college and was supposed to be more Major league ready than Danks, but it doesn't seem like he'll be coming up soon. They might have something in Eric Hurley, so cross your fingers they don't screw him up. Edison Volquez touted by the organization as "Pedro Jr" seems like he's flaking out. Kameron Loe has been in and out of the minors and majors for years it seems. He's a #5 pitcher at best but he's seems to be finally getting his shot.

They've done a decent job developing relievers... but where is Francisco Cordero today? How about Franky Francisco? lol. We have nothing significant in the bullpen that we've developed from within. Joaquin Benoit??? LMAO. Otsuka and Gagne were acquired, but they definately weren't developed from within.

Jon Daniels is a crap GM. Pure crap.

Ward
03-23-2007, 05:04 AM
Jon Daniels is a crap GM. Pure crap.

Can't argue that. I'll throw Hicks in there as a terrible owner.

Modano
03-24-2007, 04:16 AM
Modano is really underrated in Dallas a sports icon for that city. He's arguably the most important American hockey player ever now, and he's spent his entire career as a Star (back when they were in Minnesota too). He lives in Dallas, he's active in the community, and has been nothing short of a model citizen. Mike Modano should be in the same sentence as Staubach, Aikman, Smith, and mentioned before Nolan Ryan.

I've always loved him. He's had great success for all of his career. Winning a World Cup too.
I like the chances for the Stars this year, if Smith (or Turco, but I've lost my hopes on him) can perform during the playoffs, they can match-up with every team in the league.

03-24-2007, 02:29 PM
You are aware that Nash is on the very short list of greatest PG's of all time, and that his most notable attribute is his uncanny ability to put his teammates in the best possible position to succeed, right? I'm actually having a hard time thinking of a team that wouldn't be an instant playoff contender with the single addition of Nash. The Suns were 29-53 the year before Nash's arrival, and went an NBA best 62-20 in his first year there. He's the MVP for good reason.

He's just thriving under the system with everybody else thriving under the system. When he was with Dallas his highest average in ast. a season was 8.8 now he's averaging around 11.0. Nash is the same Nash with better players that thrive under that run-and-toss-it-up-and-were-lucky-it-goes-in system.