54 PHI - CB Ras-I Dowling, Virginia
55 KC - WR Titus Young, Boise State
56 NO - LB Martez Wilson, Illinois
57 SEA - OG Marcus Cannon, Texas Christian
58 BAL - WR Edmond Gates, Abilene Christian
59 ATL - TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame
60 NE - LB Sam Acho, Texas
61 SD (f/NYJ) - WR Jerrel Jernigan, Troy
62 CHI - OT Orlando Franklin, Miami (FL)
63 PIT - CB Johnny Patrick, Louisville
64 GB - WR Jon Baldwin, Pittsburgh

! Comments / Criticism Encouraged !

SickwithIt1010
04-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Not really the guy I would want in the first so I would want them to trade back, but definitely a position of need in both picks for the eagles. good job.

49erNation85
04-25-2011, 01:08 AM
Excellent SF picks.Would suck losing out on some good QB who are going way to early in the 2nd.Not sure if Ayers has the speed to play in the 4-3 either but fills a need.

Pat Sims 90
04-25-2011, 02:11 AM
Green and Dalton would be great for the Bengals.

Diehard
04-25-2011, 02:40 AM
Do you really think Denver will take Fairley at 2 over Dareus, Peterson and Miller? I don't see it.

akvikefan89
04-25-2011, 04:09 AM
I would prefer Rahim Moore in the second, but not bad...

T-RICH49
04-25-2011, 04:18 AM
like Kerrigan but would prefer Taylor instead

JaxJag_1
04-25-2011, 07:36 AM
Bowers - No chance.

Matthew Jones
04-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Looks pretty realistic for New England!

the_dark_knight
04-25-2011, 07:57 AM
While I would prefer the Falcons take a WR over Rudolph, someone like JJ who you have going 2 picks later, this is a very good Falcons draft, very reasonable.

Also Hankerson, that guy would be a beast pick that late in round 2. Also I don't think the Falcons would sit and stay with Torrey Smith falling that far into round 2, I think they'd move up to get their guy.

Hines
04-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Not that I would hate the Steelers' draft, but it's pretty bleh to me.

I'd take Aaron Williams in the first and James Carpenter in the second.

Poz51
04-25-2011, 12:14 PM
3 BUF - DT Marcell Dareus, Alabama
34 BUF - QB Colin Kaepernick, Nevada
35 CIN - QB Andy Dalton, Texas Christian
43 MIN - DE Justin Houston, Georgia
46 DEN (f/MIA) - OT Derek Sherrod, Mississippi State
59 ATL - TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame

I love getting Dareus in the first round.
Kaepernick in the 2nd makes sense, Dalton could make more sense, Houston fits the bill at OLB, Sherrod and Rudolph could come in and start from day one... Despite my dislike for Kaepernick that high, it is very feasable, but at this point I think its, Newton, Gabbert, Ponder of bust for the Bills at QB in the first two rounds. My opinion based on Nix and Gaileys comments and actions, are it is one of those three in the first 2 rounds or no one, I dont see them reaching because of Fitzpatrick just to get one, unless they work the board...

Mr.Regular
04-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Overall, pretty good mock, but some things stuck out.

Nick Fairley over Dareus? Don't see any chance of that.
Don't see Nate Solder as a RT which you have him as for Philly.
Also don't buy Sheard as a 1st rounder.
For the Packers, do you think Phil Taylor is a DE? Cause I only see him as a NT. That pick really doesn't make sense to me.

Oh, and Chekwa is waaaaay too high IMO. Also can't see the Bucs going RB that early.

haha seems like I'm piling on, but other than those, it was a solid effort. Have lots of the same picks I do.

jCut
04-26-2011, 01:32 AM
Do you really think Denver will take Fairley at 2 over Dareus, Peterson and Miller? I don't see it.

I think Fairley is being underrated in the draftnik community. His game tape doesn't lie and I've read some articles where scouts have admitted that Fairley is a step-ahead of Dareus as an interior pass-rusher, our greatest need. With everybody saying it would be a disappointment if Dareus wasn't the pick, I'm expecting a surprise.

jCut
04-26-2011, 01:34 AM
I love getting Dareus in the first round.
Kaepernick in the 2nd makes sense, Dalton could make more sense, Houston fits the bill at OLB, Sherrod and Rudolph could come in and start from day one... Despite my dislike for Kaepernick that high, it is very feasable, but at this point I think its, Newton, Gabbert, Ponder of bust for the Bills at QB in the first two rounds. My opinion based on Nix and Gaileys comments and actions, are it is one of those three in the first 2 rounds or no one, I dont see them reaching because of Fitzpatrick just to get one, unless they work the board...

I just think with all the Buffalo interest in Newton, they would be getting a guy with a similar skill-set. If I was projecting trades, I probably would of had Kaepernick going in the first round, so getting him at the top of the second seemed like a good value.

wicket
04-26-2011, 01:36 AM
id prefer heyward over wilkerson but dont dislike the pick and martez wilson is a slam dunk

jCut
04-26-2011, 01:54 AM
Overall, pretty good mock, but some things stuck out.

Nick Fairley over Dareus? Don't see any chance of that.
Don't see Nate Solder as a RT which you have him as for Philly.
Also don't buy Sheard as a 1st rounder.
For the Packers, do you think Phil Taylor is a DE? Cause I only see him as a NT. That pick really doesn't make sense to me.

Oh, and Chekwa is waaaaay too high IMO. Also can't see the Bucs going RB that early.

haha seems like I'm piling on, but other than those, it was a solid effort. Have lots of the same picks I do.

Nate Solder has only been playing football for about three years, and with his frame I think you could mold him into either a left or right tackle. Doesn't seem to matter to me, as he would be protecting Vick's blind-side as a right tackle with Philly. Besides, there was no corner worthy of a selection at that point, and I doubt they would reach for a weak-side LB either. Just seemed like the best possible pick.

Sheard has one of the best pass-rush repertoires of any player in this draft and is an underrated athlete. The Jets need a pass-rusher more than anything, and it's not likely any of the top guys would have lasted to their third round pick.

I don't see Taylor as strictly a 3-4 DE, but I recall Raji and Pickett being rotated around the line occasionally and I think they could do the same with Taylor. They need depth along their DL, and with the Packers being Super Bowl champs, I think they could afford to go BPA.

I think Chekwa is underrated. I don't know, every time I watched Ohio State, he stood out. He did well at the combine too. I think he will go higher than most think.

I wanted to give Tampa another pass-rusher, but there wasn't anybody worthy left. I know they don't want to feature Blount and would prefer to pair him with a faster, more explosive back. Jones may be the most explosive back in this draft.

Thanks for the breakdown, I appreciate the in-depth comments.

proshoota25
04-26-2011, 02:54 AM
absolutely perfect patriots draft.... just have that feeling BB will not draft an OLB early

Poz51
04-26-2011, 07:26 AM
I just think with all the Buffalo interest in Newton, they would be getting a guy with a similar skill-set. If I was projecting trades, I probably would of had Kaepernick going in the first round, so getting him at the top of the second seemed like a good value.

Thats true, and he certainly fits Gaileys prefered traits in QB's. Projecting trades is very difficult, and I could see him going as high as the end of the first, with all the need at QB, although I think his value is more in the 3rd-4th round range in all reality. Like I said my opinion aside, it certainly makes sense and is a possibility. I do think Buffalo is seriously considering a move up into the late first (as high as 25) to get Ponder, but that is just a thought of mine, value wise they could keep thier 3rd and one of their 4ths that way, not having to mortgage out too much.

SuperPacker
04-26-2011, 08:53 AM
1) Dont see Washington taking Jake Locker at 10. Mike Shanahan likes to bring in the older veterans, so will probably wait untill free agency starts. They have so many needs they cant afford to reach a whole round for a QB that isnt that good.

2) Another that has Texans passing on Amukamara. Its never gonna happen. Pass rush isnt the problem. A lack of good CBs is.

3) Green Bay pick BPA and Phil Taylor is not BPA at 32. Plus he doesnt even fit out scheme. We have BJ Raji already and he cant play as a DE

Seasonticketholder
04-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Ingram over Wilkerson. Wilson can stay though I think they would consider some other players.

indyfan1985
04-26-2011, 12:37 PM
I dont mind the Anthony Constanzo pick but I would rather have OG Mike Pouncey in the 1st and then it is a perfect draft!

We could then draft a OT in round 3 with this being a deep OT class.

GoRavens
04-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Baltimore needs a pass rush, Cam Heyward can't pass rush for ****.

CheeseKnuckles
04-26-2011, 02:24 PM
I threw up when I saw the Packer draft...

jCut
04-26-2011, 07:34 PM
1) Dont see Washington taking Jake Locker at 10. Mike Shanahan likes to bring in the older veterans, so will probably wait untill free agency starts. They have so many needs they cant afford to reach a whole round for a QB that isnt that good.

2) Another that has Texans passing on Amukamara. Its never gonna happen. Pass rush isnt the problem. A lack of good CBs is.

I don't like Locker either, but a lot of people do, including Shanahan. Which veteran QB will Shanny go for? I honestly don't see one better than Rex Grossman.

Robert Quinn is just as good a value as Amukamara. The only OLB they have is Barwin, and he is coming back from injury. They drafted Jackson last year and they get Aaron Williams in the second round in this scenario. I don't see what's illogical with that.

sdotcarter33
04-27-2011, 01:48 AM
!

17 NE (f/OAK) - DE Cameron Jordan, California
28 NE - OG Mike Pouncey, Florida
33 NE (f/CAR) - RB Mark Ingram, Alabama

!

Could not be a more perfect pats draft. Love it!

zachsaints52
04-27-2011, 08:31 AM
id prefer heyward over wilkerson but dont dislike the pick and martez wilson is a slam dunk

DT/DE and a OLB? Niceeee

Nalej
04-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Sign me up!