PDA

View Full Version : Aqib Talib to be released

Smash28Dash34
04-25-2011, 04:43 PM
http://thecovertwo.com/2011/04/report-aqib-talib-all-but-gone-from-tampa-bay-buccaneers/

Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg times wrote today that the Bucs plan to release Talib once the lockout ends.

"As far as the Bucs are concerned, the outcome of the case won’t matter. They know Talib at the least faces a long league suspension. The Bucs have reached a point where they believe Talib’s talent no longer justifies the trouble he generates. They believe it’s only a matter of time before he runs afoul of the rules again."
-Article by Jordan Heck/TC2.com

If and when this does happen, it seems to me like the Bucs would be inclined to maybe trade up and go get Prince or Peterson. I doubt they take Jimmy Smith considering he has character concerns as well.

OregonDucks
04-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Is he going to face prison time?

bucfan12
04-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Is he going to face prison time?

Most likely, if not, definately probation, depends on the ruling. Right now, it looks like he's screwed and could cut a plea deal to face minimum of 12-24 months in prison. Either way, he's going to be suspended 8 games to a full year, so I doubt he'll be productive in the 2011 season if a team picks him up.

Then theres the risk once he's in the clear legally and does his suspension, that his immaturity, temper and boneheaded decisions will get him in trouble again.

BlindSite
04-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Sucks for the Buccs, one of the best up and comers in the league gonna hit the street.

GoRavens
04-25-2011, 08:15 PM
come to Baltimore!
Go to church with Ray Lewis and cleanse yo soul nugga!

Me Likey Rookies
04-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Misleading thread title, this is just what a beat writer thinks.

What do the Bucs gain by releasing him? He's Raheem's boy.

Pat Sims 90
04-25-2011, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=Me Likey Rookies;2580870]Misleading thread title, this is just what a beat writer thinks.

What do the Bucs gain by releasing him? He's Raheem's boy.[/QUOhttp://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47087TE]

The players will take control of the player and think they are invincible if they don't release him. It happened to 2006-08 Bengals and that team completely fell apart and that is what will happen to this Bucs team.

Bosanac01
04-25-2011, 09:32 PM
What a terrible pothead.

bucfan12
04-25-2011, 09:43 PM

Listen, if this was his 1st offense or 1st time getting into trouble, then hey, I'd be all for giving him a chance. But come on man. He's had a history of fights with his own teammates and coaches.

He punched his own teammate in the face at the rookie symposium in 2008, swung his helmet and busted open Torrie Cox's nose and lip, required stitches in 2009 TC. During the 2009 season, he got into it with his DBs coach in London. Don't forget him punching a cab driver in the head for NO REASON what so ever. Also, he threatened a referee after the Ravens game in 2010 in the tunnel to the lockerrooms. And to top it all off, he pistol whips a weaponless citizen (I know he was protecting his sister, but the guy wasn't armed) and starts shooting at him for no apparent reason.

Come on. He's got to go. He's going to miss the season and even more because he's facing jail time and it doesn't really look good in his part.

descendency
04-25-2011, 10:02 PM

Other than maybe Adam Schefter, who are more right, beat writers or national press?

abaddon41_80
04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
I loved him coming out of college and when he played he looked to be a great corner in the making. A shame he is an idiot.

Bosanac01
04-26-2011, 01:59 PM
The guy is physically gifted and very talented on the field. It's extremely mind boggling how some people can be so dumb. He gains so much money from the league, but gives such terrible press in return. He should be kicked out of NFL, and we shouldn't hear his name ever again.

It's terrible because he's just 25 years old and he still has a lot of playing years in front of him, but that's what I think should happen.

zachsaints52
04-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Im glad he wont be a Buc next year, but sad he is throwing away a amazing opportunity.

GoRavens
04-27-2011, 09:26 AM
anyone remember when him and Cory Boyd got in a fight at the rookie thing?
I liked Cory Boyd a lot coming out of SC. Big kid, 6'1 215, and he had such tremendous elusiveness and playmaking ability. Now he's doin work in Canada but damn, I'd love him to sign with Baltimore.

bucfan12
04-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Im glad he wont be a Buc next year, but sad he is throwing away a amazing opportunity.

As a bucs fan, I'm glad as well. The team is on the rise and a player like Talib will only bring them down. I don't understand how a player like Talib can be so dumb when he has so much potential and a top 5 or 7 contract in his near future. Could have made a name for himself as one of the best CBs in this league. Now, we'll see what team will take a chance on him or if he'll ever recover from his character issues.

Philliez01
04-28-2011, 11:31 PM

Yeah definitely misleading, I thought he was being released from a jail cell.