Seattle - QB Jake Locker
Baltimore - DE Adrian Clayborn
Atlanta - WR Jon Baldwin
New England -OT Nate Solder
Chicago - OT Gabe Carimi
NY Jets - OLB Akeem Ayers
Pittsburgh - CB Aaron Williams
Green Bay - RB Mark Ingram

Now let me tell you I'd be the first to be irritated that my team took a RB with our first pick when A) a great running game is unnecessary in today's NFL, B) James Starks is very young, and led the NFL in rushing in the playoffs, C) Ryan Grant returns after resting all year.... and he's proven he's a 1200+ yard rusher.

But Ted Thompson follows the BPA-strategy more than any other GM, and I believe he would have Ingram rated around the 20 area and he'd take him. I'd be calling for Brooks Reed or Derek Sherrod there.

I'd prefer there to be another team who wants Ingram here and trades up with us..... not sure who that would be. Miami? New England will have had 2 chances already to take him.....

J-Mike88
04-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Thoughts?
Realistic, not realistic?

Pat Sims 90
04-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Don't see Patrick Peterson as the pick. They are going to try and retain Joseph when CBA is reached and Marvin Lewis never values safeties that much he likes veteran safeties. Bengal don't take a BPA approach they always go for Need. AJ Green looks like the pick right now if he is there. With Ocho and TO done in Cincy and them not being sold on Simpson or Caldwell as a #1 they also have 3 WRs that will be FA next year.

49erNation85
04-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Solid SF mock.He will be a stud in the 3-4 or DE position.

JaxJag_1
04-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Da'Quan Bowers -- No

gpngc
04-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Pete Carroll recruited Jake Locker to USC... as a safety. I doubt he bets his second chance in the NFL on a guy he didn't think could play QB in the Pac-10. Plus, the Seahawks have been linked to Mallett and Dalton - not Locker.

coordinator0
04-25-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't like Clayborn for the Ravens at all, but it could happen.

JFLO
04-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Da'Quan Bowers -- No

Andy Dalton -- No lolz

Seasonticketholder
04-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Ingram goes to the Saints over Cam Heyward. If they pass Ingram there, Adrian Clayborn would be the pick over Heyward.

Babylon
04-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Love the Locker pick but i doubt he gets by 8,10 or 12.

wicket
04-26-2011, 01:13 AM
Heyward is a good saints pick

akvikefan89
04-26-2011, 01:13 AM
We passed on Amukamara for Mallett? :(

SuperPacker
04-26-2011, 04:20 AM
How you doing J-Mike88? :)

SuperPacker
04-26-2011, 04:22 AM
As for the mock draft.

1) No way Bengals pass on Gabbert and AJ Green
2) If Amukamara is there at 11 the Texans will take him.

Apart from that i think its a very good mock draft :D

AntoinCD
04-26-2011, 05:05 AM
I dont think the Pats go OLB in the first unless they trade up for Quinn or Smith. I believe they'd more likely go Jordan or Wilkerson at 17 if they go defense.

Solder is a possible pick as he may have time to sit and develop behind Matt Light

J-Mike88
04-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Pete Carroll recruited Jake Locker to USC... as a safety. I doubt he bets his second chance in the NFL on a guy he didn't think could play QB in the Pac-10.
Charlie Casserly, is that you, or Mike Mayock? One of them said that exact same thing. Maybe swap Mallett for Locker if Carroll really feels that way, still.
But I do see both of those guys going in round one.

J-Mike88
04-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Who were the best WR's of the past decade-decade 1/2?

Randy Moss & Terrell Owens. None picked up a single ring. The Patriots won their 3 rings with no marquee WRs.
The Packers won their ring this year with a 2nd, 7th, 3rd, and 2nd round pick as their top 4 WRs.

I feel the value of WRs is overrated.
Not saying AJ & Julio won't go high. They will. But I am saying that recent history tells me that marquee picks are better used on other positions than WR, in terms of winning Super Bowls.

Just some food for thought there.

Bengals fans, if I was you, I'd want Patrick Peterson over Green there.

zachsaints52
04-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Heyward is a solid Saints pick.

leroyisgod
04-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Baldwin in the 1st, really? I'm not even a Falcons fan and I'd be pissed to see that.

MidwestJimmy
04-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Nate Solder might be too big for a zone blocking team like the Patriots.

Teams have been souring on Aaron Williams. I don't see him going in Round 1.

I don't think the Rams take a DE that high. They already have two good ones with Chris Long and James Hall, and Watt is better for a 3-4 defense. Based on who's left (if your first 13 picks were real) they would probably take Mike Pouncey instead. Overall, good job on the mock.

TheMatriculator
04-27-2011, 09:09 AM
21.Kansas City - DE Muhammad Wilkerson

I like Wilkerson but there is no way the Chiefs take him. He's a DE in the 3-4 scheme and they already have Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson. Jackson has been something of a disappointment but its too early (2 years) to give up on him.

They need an NT and Phil Taylor looks like the best available.

The Dynasty
04-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Vikings would take Locker over Mallet.

StripedWalrus
04-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Bengals fans, if I was you, I'd want Patrick Peterson over Green there.

are you making your mock drafts based on what you want or what you think teams will do? If you are basing it on what teams will do then Green will be picked over Peterson as the Bengals have Simpson, Caldwell, and Shipley at WR. Chad will be gone. Simpson showed some flashed at the end last year but I don't think Cincy sees him as a legit #1, yet, at least. Caldwell is average and thats about it. Shipley is a slot guy.

J. Jo will more than likely return as I believe he is restricted with a tender of the highest degree, well that all depends on the rulings of this lockout. He may be unrestricted. The only way they take Peterson is if J. Jo doesnt return. I just don't see the Bengals drafting him as a safety that early.

Then you have the Carson Palmer fiasco....Pretty much write him in as gone. So if Gabbert is there do they take him? I highly doubt it. Why? Because they just havnt showed that much interest in him...as least compared to others. More interest has been shown in Dalton, Ponder, and the likes.

The Bengals are just hurtin too bad on offense this year to go Defense in the first couple rounds.

prock
04-27-2011, 01:54 PM
I don't think there is anyway we would pick Mallet over Locker. The Vikes love him.

J-Mike88
04-27-2011, 09:23 PM
I don't think there is anyway we would pick Mallet over Locker. The Vikes love him.
You're probably right.

But I think there are a couple of teams who really love Mallett but have been CIA-secret about it, as they should.

Are the Vikings one of those teams? It's all guesses at this point in time.

As a Cheeshead, I'd personally rather you take Locker than Mallett because I think Mallett has a much bigger upside. Locker reminds me of a lesser-accurate Alex Smith coming out of Utah.