PDA

View Full Version : SRogers' Maybe Final Mock

SRogers92
04-26-2011, 01:46 PM
If I see something about the Panthers negotiating with someone else, obviously I'll edit my mock to show so. As of today, here's what I think the teams' best moves would be:

1) Carolina Panthers - AJ Green, WR, Georgia ... Carolina needs to give Jimmy Clausen some help before declaring him a bust. With guys like Barkley and Luck coming out next year, Carolina should take the stud WR. It's win-win for them ... with Green, you'll find out for sure if Clausen has 'it' or not ... if not, you still grab a stud WR that you could pair up with an Andrew Luck or Barkley next year if you're in a spot to draft them. Plus, Steve Smith may be gone.

2) Denver Broncos - Marcel Dareus, DT/DE, Alabama ... Versatile and can play any role in a defense except maybe nose tackle. Very stout at the point of attack and will anchor the run game.

3) Buffalo Bills - Von Miller, OLB, TXAM ... Normally I'm against an OLB this high. But, Miller will be used in more of a DE role and that's invaluable for a team with little to no pass rush.

4) Cincinnati Bengals - Cameron Newton, QB, Auburn ... Bengals don't shy away from players with character issues at all. With Palmer essentially holding them hostage they need a replacement immediately. Newton will help their offense thrive even if TO and Ochocinco are gone because of his ability to improvise and make things happen on the run.

5) Arizona Cardinals - Tyron Smith, OT, USC ... Early for a project? Maybe so ... but, the Cardinals need an immediate upgrade on the OL and protection for their poor QBs. Gabbert is an option but, I don't think many teams are sold on him.

6) Cleveland Browns - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn ... The Browns are moving to a 43 defense and need some help on the DL. Shaun Rogers was cut and that leaves them with little to nothing at DT.

7) San Francisco 49ers - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri ... The entire city of San Francisco riots when they pass up Peterson for a potential franchise QB. Harbaugh laughs and gets his guy.

8) Tennessee Titans - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU ... BPA right here. While Bowers is a stud DE, Peterson gives them a potential superstar CB next to Finnegan and they have talent at DE already with Babin and Morgan.

9) Dallas Cowboys - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska ... Everyone sees OT Tyron Smith here, not me. The Cowboys don't draft OT high and Smith is a question mark at LOT. Their OL struggled, but their secondary did just as bad or worse.

10) Washington Redskins - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama ... There's no question the Skins need a QB and some OL help. But, moreso than that they need WR help. Santana Moss is always hurt and is not a true #1.

11) Houston Texans - Robert Quinn, OLB/DE, North Carolina ... With the move to a 34 defense, the Texans need a DeMarcus Ware type of player. He can be that guy.

12) Minnesota Vikings - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado ... The Vikings have too much money tied into their DL already with KWilliams and JAllen. They will opt to upgrade their defensive secondary which has needed it for a while.

13) Detroit Lions - DaQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson ... Similar player to Mario Williams. Great at everything. Questions about work ethic and his knee are making him drop - probably unrightfully so. Mayhew has went on record saying he has no concerns about Bowers' knee.

14) St. Louis Rams - Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal ... Jordan is very similar to their current DE James Hall. He can play inside in passing downs and is strong against the run.

15) Miami Dolphins - Jake Locker, QB, Washington ... The offense struggled last year, mainly due to the play of the QB position. RB's are banged up but talented and they could look to add in later rounds or in FA with someone like DeAngelo Williams. They need steady QB play to best utilize Brandon Marshall and Locker could be that guy. He can also create with his legs.

16) Jacksonville Jaguars - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue ... very similar player to current DE Kampmann in not only skin color, but the way he plays. Aggressive, quick, mean, and has a non-stop motor.

17) New England Patriots - J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin ... they get a tremendous value here. Watt shouldn't be this far down, but - he fell.

18) San Diego Chargers - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College ... Can start immediately at RT or LT. The Chargers may need a new LOT if McNeil can't stay healthy.

19) New York Giants - Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA ... Not sure why he has fallen as much as he has, but -- he's still a good OLB. Good speed, can play sideline to sideline and would be a good asset in the Giants' scheme.

20) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri ... Very underrated prospect as a 43 End. Will immediately help the Bucs' pass rush.

21) Kansas City Chiefs - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin ... fits the Chiefs' mold. Hard worker, tough, and a good run blocker. Will help the tandem of Jones and Charles continue to succeed.

22) Indianapolis Colts - Brandon Harris, CB, Miami(FL) ... Harris fits their scheme and need perfectly. He's very tough, phyiscal and has great coverage skills. The Colts like to blitz a lot more now, so they do need a CB that can 'man-up' and fits their BPA approach, too.

23) Philadelphia Eagles - Derek Sherrod, OT, Miss. State ... Has his issues, mainly with strength. But, that's correctable. You saw a huge jump in his ability to 'stay low' during his Pro Day. Kid seems coachable and like he can always improve.

24) New Orleans Saints - Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois ... The Saints have needed some interior help for a while. Liuget can get after the QB to help with that pass rush and he's pretty good against the run.

25) Seattle Seahawks - Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State ... I'm higher on him than most. I think he's the best QB in this draft(yes, of all the QBs), but -- doesn't have that freak athleticism that scouts drool over. He has it all in the intangibles and in the head though. Underrated accuracy, too.

26) Baltimore Ravens - Cam Heyward - DT/DE, OSU ... Fits their scheme nicely. Very versatile, can line up in many stances and can play the run and the pass.

27) Atlanta Falcons - Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh ... I've spoken with a guy that writes for a draft publication that has spoken to some scouts. He seems to think Sheard will go much higher than many envision. He's the best DE available and plays at a big position of need for Atlanta. They have one good DE in Abraham, but he's very old and can't play the run. Sheard can do a bit of everything and has a lot of upside.

28) New England Patriots - Mike Pouncey, OC/OG, Florida ... I think Pouncey is being overrated in mocks. Late first is where he should go. Good value for the Patriots and they stick to their guns and the BPA approach.

29) Chicago Bears - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado ... very raw and needs a lot of work. But, he could be Jason Peters-good. Could be. This isn't the Chicago Bears of old, they don't need tough, hard-nosed run blockers ... they need athletic pass blockers to keep Cutler upright.

30) New York Jets - Stephen Paea, NT, Oregon State ... The Jets need a Nose Tackle with Kris Jenkins to help stop the run.

31) Pittsburgh Steelers - Aaron Williams, CB, Texas ... Could go with Phil Taylor here to replace the aging Casey Hampton. However, we saw in the playoffs their secondary let them down again. Williams would start immediately and is the big, physical CB the Steelers covet.

32) Green Bay Packers - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa ... Green Bay doesn't have a lot of holes. But, one of their DEs just got into legal trouble(Johnny Jolly), Mike Neal hasn't proven anything, and while they do have Raji, Ryan Pickett, Cullen Jenkins is going to test the FA market and may bolt for a huge deal. Even with Jenkins, they need more depth there having only 3 'sure things'.

wicket
04-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Id much rather have heyward than liuget. Liuget is to much of a pure UT which is already Sed Ellis' spot

Smash28Dash34
04-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Yes, finally someone that has a sensible pick for the Panthers at #1. Green should be the pick, especially because the likelihood of Smith being gone is high. Plus Clausen deserves at least 1 more year to try and make something of himself. If he struggles with AJ Green in the offense, then take a shot at Luck, Barkley or Jones. Props for not putting Cam at #1 like everyone else.

SRogers92
04-26-2011, 01:59 PM
I don't like Cam at one. I cannot imagine a team investing their future and that sort of money into a player like him. Especially a team that just invested a high pick into Jimmy Clausen. Yes, it has happened before I'm sure, but -- it doesn't make sense.

Going to some Panthers boards and scouring them, literally no one wants Cam Newton at #1. That just reinforced my personal opinion. We'll see though.

xpmar9x
04-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Good pick for the Titans, even though DE is a much bigger need. Babin won't be on our roster next year. So really we have Morgan and William Hayes at DE.. and that's it (literally). Hopefully we can land a decent DT or DE in the 2nd round, but what about QB then... ahhhh so many needs.

SRogers92
04-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Good pick for the Titans, even though DE is a much bigger need. Babin won't be on our roster next year. So really we have Morgan and William Hayes at DE.. and that's it (literally). Hopefully we can land a decent DT or DE in the 2nd round, but what about QB then... ahhhh so many needs.

DE was the next pick I had lined up. Can't see Tennessee not taking Peterson or trading back at this point. Either way, PP goes here if not earlier.

Seasonticketholder
04-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Ingram over Luiget.

DiG
04-26-2011, 03:28 PM
im starting to think both quinn and locker will be ahead of julio on skins board.

SRogers92
04-26-2011, 03:44 PM
It's possible. I have to mock the picks that I personally think would 1) be the best value, 2) make the most sense, and 3) what they should do or what I think they should do.

If they pass on Julio for either guy, I'd be slightly baffled. Especially Locker.

49erNation85
04-26-2011, 03:52 PM
YES SF will riot and kill the gm staff if we pass up on PP for Gabbert.That is the dumbest move ever.What would they be thinking grr.Plus we got rumors going for bpa at number 7.So if PP is there it is a lock!

Pat Sims 90
04-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Newton is a ******* terrible pick and Mike Brown will not take a QB at #4 with Palmer still under contract and Mike Brown still thinks that Carson is bluffing and will be back.

SRogers92
04-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Why would that be a stupid move?

Your QB play is horrendous ... one of the sole reasons your team is picking in the top 10. If they go into the season with Alex Smith at QB, you're looking at another top 10 selection - even with PP on the team.

Gabbert may not correct this issue, but -- if he pans out -- you won't be picking top 10 again for a long time.

49erNation85
04-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Why would that be a stupid move?

Your QB play is horrendous ... one of the sole reasons your team is picking in the top 10. If they go into the season with Alex Smith at QB, you're looking at another top 10 selection - even with PP on the team.

Gabbert may not correct this issue, but -- if he pans out -- you won't be picking top 10 again for a long time.

Only because we have noted rumors that our gm's don't like Gabbert at 7 from twitter.

SRogers92
04-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Rumors? Okay. Lol.

zachsaints52
04-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Id much rather have heyward than liuget. Liuget is to much of a pure UT which is already Sed Ellis' spot

+1
10 char