PDA

View Full Version : RaiderNations FINAL 2 Round 2011 Mock Draft

RaiderNation
04-26-2011, 04:26 PM
I unfortunately had to update the 2nd round with the news that Marcus Cannon has cancer. But I am still happy to put out my last mock of the season. A few surprising picks along with the trending pick mixed in as well. I hope you like what I project your team to draft!

Round 1

1. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton QB Auburn*
As draft day comes closer, it’s starting to look more and more like Newton will be the #1 pick. Carolina seems to not like Clausen anymore, after a horrible rookie season that showed little promise for the young QB. Newton needs to sit and learn to be able to succeed in the NFL, but Carolina will likely try to rush Newton onto the field if they don’t win games. Newton did have one of the most impressive college seasons I have ever witnessed, so you know he is a talented prospect. I am a big believer in Newton, so I predict at the end of the day this pick will work out.
Other Possibilities: AJ Green WR, Patrick Peterson CB, Marcell Dareus DT

2. Denver Broncos: Marcell Dareus DT Alabama*
Most all elite defenses in the NFL have a stud DT that can not only help get to the QB, but also clog the middle on running plays. Dareus is a potential Pro Bowl type DT that can do that for Denver, who is making the transition back to the 4-3 defense. Dareus has risen up my board this off season, showing great athleticism for a 6’3 319lb DT at the combine. Dareus will be needed in a run heavy AFC West division, and should anchor the middle for Denver for many years. Don’t rule out Patrick Peterson here though, even with Champ Bailey brought back for another year.
Other Possibilities: Patrick Peterson CB, Nick Fairley DT

3. Buffalo Bills: Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
Bills GM Buddy Nix said early in the off season that adding a pass rusher will be one of the top priorities, and drafting Miller would only back up his statement. Miller has gone from a mid 1st round prospect, to a projected top 5 lock after having a great Senior Bowl and combine performances. Miller is a undersized OLB in the 3-4, but is very athletic and productive. Aaron Maybin hasn’t shown any promise, so Miller could replace what they thought Maybin would bring to this team. Don’t rule out Nick Fairley who profiles as the pass rusher through the interior line or a QB too, the NFL draft is full of surprises!
Other Possibilities: Blaine Gabbert QB, Nick Fairley DL, Patrick Peterson CB

4. Cincinnati Bengals: AJ Green WR Georgia*
I personally don’t believe in drafting a WR this high(with the exception of Calvin Johnson a few years ago), but it was reported from a poster on this website that AJ Green will be the back after talking to an inside source(which I privately found out from him and promised to keep a secret). Green does make some sense though, with Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocino’s future with the team likely done. AJ Green compares to Sidney Rice of the Minnesota Vikings, and should be a Pro Bowl type WR in Cincinnati. The Bengals could opt for a QB here since Palmer looks like he will be gone, so keep Gabbert in mind or go BPA in Peterson.
Other Possibilities: Blaine Gabbert QB, Patrick Peterson CB, Julio Jones WR

5. Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Peterson CB LSU*
Ken Whisenhunt said it himself, that there are some prospects who’s value are too much to pass up, and Peterson here is that. Peterson is by far the #1 prospect in this draft, and with Whisenhunt possibly on the hot seat if Arizona doesn’t improve, this pick is starting to make a lot of sense to me. Peterson would give Arizona a playmaker at CB opposite Rodgers-Cromartie and also a dynamic returner. Even though I believe that Whisenhunt will give Skelton and Hall another year, the front office could force the Gabbert pick too.
Other Possibilities: Blaine Gabbert QB, Robert Quinn DE/OLB

6. Cleveland Browns: Julio Jones WR Alabama*
Mike Holmgren has shown over the years he likes drafting WR’s, and with a #1 WR being a huge need I expect either Green or Jones to be this pick. They could potentially trade down a few spots(maybe Tennessee moving up for Gabbert, or Dallas for Peterson), but Julio Jones is still good value here at 6. Jones is a athletic freak who will give Colt McCoy his go to WR and help this offence improve from last year. Jones does have some injury concern, but his potential to be a Terrell Owens type WR is too much to pass up. I could see the Browns going dline though, with their transition to a 4-3 defense but after Jones there isn’t a true #1 WR left in the draft.
Other Possibilities: Nick Fairley DT, Da’Quan Bowers DE, Robert Quinn DE

7. San Francisco 49ers: Robert Quinn DE/OLB UNC*
With the reports of the 49ers trying to bring Alex Smith back, and my gut feeling of them not selecting a QB this high, I believe the best option is finally adding a impact pass rusher for this 3-4 defense. I have bought into the Quinn hype, even with a year off of football. Quinn showed his athleticism at the combine, and also has great pass rushing skills that has shown from his Sophomore year game film. Quinn could potentially be the DeMarcus Ware of the NFC West if he pans out like I envision, and will replace Manny Lawson who has been unproductive. CB could also be a possibility with Nate Clements likely gone due to his massive contract and little declining play.
Other Possibilities: Prince Amukamara CB, Blaine Gabbert QB, Jake Locker QB

8. Tennessee Titans: Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri*
It’s now official that the Vince Young era is over in Tennessee, despite Chris Johnson having some hope of his return. So, now a huge hole is at the QB position, and I expect them to address the need very early. I have yet to buy into the franchise QB talk of Gabbert, but I do believe he will go very high on draft day. Tennessee will likely need to trade up for Gabbert, possibly with Cleveland if Arizona passes on Gabbert. The Titans also have a need for a impact DT so Fairley would offer great value, but I think they only do that if Newton and Gabbert are gone.
Other Possibilities: Nick Fairley DT, Prince Amukamara CB. Da’Quan Bowers DE

9. Dallas Cowboys: Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
I have went back and forth with OT, CB and DE with this pick in my mocks, but I am now settling in at CB. I believe Dallas will either trade up for Peterson, or sit and select Amukamara here at 9. Dallas’s secondary was among the worst last year, and adding a potential shutdown CB like Amukamara would be ideal. At 6’0 206lbs, with a 4.46 40, Amukamara has all the measurables and skills to be able to be a #1 CB for this defense. If they want to go OT or DE, expect them to try to trade back to get better value and more picks.
Other Possibilities: Tyron Smith OT, Nick Fairley DE, JJ Watt DE

10. Washington Redskins: Nick Fairley DL Auburn*
The $100 million investment in Albert Haynesworth has been a disaster, and he likely will be moved. That will open a hole at DE in the 3-4 scheme, and with Fairley being great value I expect him to not drop any farther. I still have Fairley as a top 5 prospect, and will be a steal here for the Redskins. Fairley is a dynamic interior pass rusher that causes havoc in the back field, and his abilities helped lead Auburn to the National Championship. At 6’4 291lbs, he has enough size to make an impact early as well. QB is Washington’s biggest need, but Locker could be considered a reach here and Julio Jones is off board for their need at WR.
Other Possibilities: Jake Locker QB, Mark Ingram RB, JJ Watt DE

11. Houston Texans: Aldon Smith DE/OLB Missouri*
With Wade Phillips bringing the 3-4 defense to Houston, I expect them to look for a stud pass rusher very early in the draft. Robert Quinn would be ideal, but Aldon Smith isn’t a bad consolation prize here at 11. Smith at 6’4 263lbs is a pure pass rusher that fits as possibly the new DeMarcus Ware in Phillips 3-4 defense. Smith is more a potential based prospect, only having 5.5 sacks last year, but if he does pan out to his full potential, he could be deadly especially with Mario Williams on the same defense. The Texans secondary does need help, but Jimmy Smith would be a reach here. Also a DE could make sense.
Other Possibilities: JJ Watt DE, Cameron Jordan DE, Jimmy Smith CB

12. Minnesota Vikings: Jake Locker QB Washington
Locker here at 12 is slightly a reach, but I think the Vikings can’t afford to pass him up with the lack of talent they have at QB right now. Locker was once thought of the #1 prospect in this draft, but underperformed his Senior year. His stock now on my board is a mid 1st round pick, but QB’s always get picked earlier than they should. Head coach Leslie Frazier probably knows that you cant win without good QB play, so expect Minnesota to address the QB position early in the draft. I wouldn’t rule out a DE like Bowers here, but Locker offers a lot to this franchise.
Other Possibilities: Da’Quan Bowers DE, Cameron Jordan DE, Tyron Smith OT

13. Detroit Lions: Tyron Smith OT USC*
As expected both Peterson and Amukamara are long gone before this pick, so the Lions will have to address other area’s in the 1st round if they stay here at 13. Matt Stafford has gotten hurt twice already, and if he has another serious injury he may be done as a NFL QB, so they need to protect him. Tyron Smith is a rare athlete at the OT position, that has seems to have unlimited potential. At 6’5 307lbs he was able to add weight to impress scouts and move him up to a mid 1st round grade. If they do want to reach for a CB, Jimmy Smith would likely be the prospect they have in mind, and also wouldn’t rule out a DE here either.
Other Possibilities: CB Jimmy Smith, Da’Quan Bowers DE, Cameron Jordan DE

14. St. Louis Rams: Da’Quan Bowers DE Clemson*
I have the gut feeling the Rams may not stick around at this pick(either trading up for Jones or trading back since Jones is gone). If they do stick around, one area they can improve on is the dline. Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo loves versatile dlinemen and Da’Quan Bowers could be that and he presents great value. I still believe Bowers is a legit top 8 prospect, despite the injury concerns that have surfaced. Bowers could be the next Justin Tuck for the Rams, helping not only at DE, but maybe at DT in certain looks. St. Louis could opt for another DE, but Bowers seems like too much to pass up here.
Other Possibilities: JJ Watt DE Wisconsin, Cameron Jordan DE, Mark Ingram RB

15. Miami Dolphins: Mark Ingram RB Alabama*
A lot of reports are saying that Ryan Mallett has became the favorite for this pick, but I still believe they will go RB at the end of the day. Both Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are old and not productive any more, and in this offence if there is no RB production you wont win many games. Ingram is an experience SEC RB, winning the Heisman as a Sophomore for Alabama. Ingram also has ran the Wildcat offence so the Dolphins wont need to teach him anything new. Sparano is on the hot seat after almost being fired this past off season, which is why I’m ruling out Mallett who will need to develop.
Other Possibilities: Ryan Mallett QB, Mike Pouncey OL

16. Jacksonville Jaguars: JJ Watt DE Wisconsin*
With the injury to Aaron Kampman and the lack of production from the other players, expect one of the DE’s to be this pick. JJ Watt is awesome value in the mid 1st round, and would provide Jacksonville another high motor type prospect they tend to draft. At 6’5 290lbs, Watt could see time not only at DE, but maybe DT in some sets. Watt had a break out year for Wisconsin, helping them earn a bid to the Rose Bowl. I could also see the Jaguars going with another Cal dlinemen like Cameron Jordan, or maybe Purdue’s Ryan Kerrigan, but I think Watt should be the pick here.
Other Possibilities: Cameron Jordan DE, Ryan Kerrigan DE

17. New England Patriots (f/OAK): Mike Pouncey OL Florida
It is no secret Bill Belichick loves Florida prospects since his great relationship with Urban Meyer, so I would expect some more Florida guys to be draft. Pouncey seems like a perfect fit as well as being a Florida player. Pouncey projects to either C or OG, both area’s the Patriots need help at to protect the aging Tom Brady. Brady already had one major injury, and getting another would devastate this franchise so expect them get some depth at oline in the draft. If they opt not to go OL here, I could see them to go after a DE or a pass rusher to help the defense continue to improve.
Other Possibilities: Cameron Jordan DE, Ryan Kerrigan OLB, Anthony Castonzo OT

18. San Diego Chargers: Cameron Jordan DE Cal
Since Igor Olshansky left, the Chargers haven’t gotten the type of play they need at DE opposite of Luis Castillo. Adding Cameron Jordan here all the way at 18 is tremendous value, and would be an instant upgrade at DE for them. Jordan already has experience at DE in a 3-4 scheme which is a huge plus, and at 6’4 287lbs he has a NFL ready body. Jordan also performed well at the Senior Bowl along side his productive years at Cal. If the Chargers want to go in another direction, expect them to maybe add a pass rusher since Larry English has been a bust so far, or maybe a OT as well.
Other Possibilities: Ryan Kerrigan OLB, Gabe Carimi OT, Anthony Castonzo OT

19. New York Giants: Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College
This is a hard pick since the Giants really don’t have 1 pressing need right now, but one area they could use some youth and depth is at OT. Castonzo makes a lot of sense here, having the Boston College connection with Head Coach Tom Coughlin, and also having the ability to play LT and RT right away in the NFL. At 6’7 311lbs Castonzo has the height to bulk up and get stronger to handle the bull rushers in the NFL. I could see the Giants going DT here like Liuget, but I think this is a prime opportunity to add a OT that can potentially protect Eli Manning’s blindside for the rest of his career in New York.
Other Possibilities: Gabe Carimi OT, Corey Liuget DT, Muhammad Wilkerson DT

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue
The Buccaneers added 2 DT’s in the first 2 rounds last year, and to complete with dline overhaul I project them going DE here. Ryan Kerrigan value is right around here in my opinion, and would be a great addition to the Tampa 2 defense. At 6’4 267lbs, Kerrigan has shown over 4 years at Purdue that he can get sacks(having a total of 37.5 in his career), and also has a high motor with are great attributes to having coming into the NFL draft. Kerrigan isn’t the most athletic DE in the draft, but is a hard worker who simply gets the job done in every game. A CB could be an option as well with Aqib Talib’s off the field trouble.
Other Possibilities: Adrian Clayborn DE, Brandon Harris CB, Brooks Reed DE

21. Kansas City Chiefs: Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
With no value for a WR or NT matches up here at 21, I project the Chiefs sure up the right side of their oline with Carimi. Carimi fit’s the Chiefs run first offence, as he showed in college helping Wisconsin run the ball for high yardage on every team they face. At 6’7 314lbs, he should be able to play right away and handle his own at RT. Carimi could fall in the draft though since he is limited to RT only in the NFL. The Chiefs could trade back and get a guy like Phil Taylor who can anchor the 3-4 defense at NT, or maybe add another pass rusher opposite of Tamba Hali like Brooks Reed or Justin Houston too.
Other Possibilities: Phil Taylor NT, Brooks Reed OLB, Justin Houston OLB

22. Indianapolis Colts: Nate Solder OT Colorado
With Peyton Manning now into his mid 30’s it’s starting to show that he need to be protected to be able to run the offence effectively. Adding a potential Pro Bowl LT like Nate Solder would be ideal for the Colts pass happy offence. Solder is a project though, needing to get stronger to be able to handle NFL DE’s, but with the Colts coaching staff I could see them getting Solder onto the field early since they have historically coached the oline well. The Colts also have needs at DT and WR, but no WR has any value here and they did just draft Fili Moala last year in the 2nd round.
Other Possibilities: Corey Liuget DT, Derek Sherrod OT, Muhammad Wilkerson DT

23. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandon Harris CB Miami
The Eagles have depth issues at CB, but now since Ellis Hobbs is retiring due to an injury, CB has became their #1 need. Brandon Harris projects as a starting caliber CB, joining many guys that have came out of the U, Duane Starks, Phillip Buchanon, Mike Rumph, Antrel Rolle and Kelly Jennings to name a few. Harris possesses the speed to stay with WR’s, running a 4.45 40 and ball skills to cause turnovers at a high rate. A OLmen could be the pick here, but Sherrod is a reach this high, and I can also see them looking for a DB like Williams to help out at FS.
Other Possibilities: Jimmy Smith CB, Derek Sherrod OT, Aaron Williams DB

24. New Orleans Saints: Muhammad Wilkerson DT Temple*
One area that the Saints really need to add some talent is along the dline. Other than Sedrick Ellis they have gotten little productivity, so adding a stud like Wilkerson here is perfect. Wilkerson has risen up the board a lot this off season, and projects as a difference maker at DT in the NFL. Wilkerson next to Ellis could be a deadly combination up the middle for the Saints, and I am sure DC Gregg Williams will be very happy if this happens. New Orleans could also go with Cameron Heyward, the son of former Saint Craig Ironhead Heyward and also Clayborn to fill the need at DE.
Other Possibilities: Adrian Clayborn DE, Corey Liuget DT, Cameron Heyward DT

25. Seattle Seahawks: Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas*
With Matt Hasselbeck not under contract, the Seahawks might be forced to go QB here at 25. Seattle has shown a lot of interest in Ryan Mallett, who’s value matches about perfect here at 25 according to my big board. Mallett has by far the best arm in this draft, and I am one of the few believers that Mallett will keep his act together in the NFL, allowing him to become a very good starting QB. Mallett will need to have a good oline around with his lack of mobility, but the Seahawks do have a solid oline right now so I don’t see Mallett having trouble. They also have needs in the secondary and dline, but you simply cant win games in the NFL without having a good QB.
Other Possibilities: Jimmy Smith CB, Corey Liuget DT, Adrian Clayborn DE

26. Baltimore Ravens: Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
The Ravens have shown that they usually draft Senior prospects, and with the need for a shutdown type CB Jimmy Smith seems like a match in heaven for them. I rate Jimmy Smith as my #3 CB, but he may drop some since some teams believe he has character concerns. I am not too worried about him and believe he will be a very good CB for the Ravens. Smith excels in man coverage, which is what the Ravens usually run so that makes him nice match here. If the Ravens plan to sign a CB like Nnamdi Asomugha, they could go for a dlinemen to play in their rotation as well.
Other Possibilities: Adrian Clayborn DE, Cameron Heyward DL, Aaron Williams DB

27. Atlanta Falcons: Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
Other than John Abraham, the Falcons have gotten next to no production from any other DE. So drafting one early makes a ton of sense, and Clayborn’s value here is ideal. I personally though Clayborn would end up as a top 10 pick coming into the season, but he had an underwhelming Senior campaign, dropping him to a late 1st round prospect. Clayborn’s motor runs hot and cold, but when he is on look out. At 6’2 281lbs he is effective against the run and pass and projects as a solid starting DE in the NFL. The Falcons could also draft a DT to put next to Babineaux or try to upgrade the RT position.
Other Possibilities: Corey Liuget DT, Derek Sherrod OT, Brooks Reed DE

28. New England Patriots: Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State
Ever since Richard Seymour was traded to Oakland, the Patriots have been in need for an impact DE to help against the run and pass. Heyward falling all the way here is an ideal fit in the 3-4 defense, and Belichick should be pleased with this pick. Heyward was once thought of as a top 10 pick before the season, but after a semi disappointing senior year he is still rated as a solid 1st round pick. At 6’4 294lbs, Heyward should see time early in the Patriots dline rotation. New England could also use a pass rusher or DB to help the defense out, or opt to go OT to give the oline even more talent here in the 1st.
Other Possibilities: Derek Sherrod OT, Aaron Williams DB, Brooks Reed OLB

29. Chicago Bears: Corey Liuget DT Illinois*
With Tommie Harris cut, DT officially becomes the Bears #1 need, as DT is probably the most important position in their defense. Liuget is awesome value here, and even played in state at Illinois. Liuget compares to what Tommie Harris was before his injury, and they might luck out on him dropping this far. He is just reaching his potential and with the proper coaching, he can be a real impact player at DT. Chicago also needs help on the oline at both OT and OG so I wouldn’t rule a guy like Derek Sherrod out here as well.
Other Possibilities: Derek Sherrod OT, Danny Watkins OL

30. New York Jets: Phil Taylor NT Baylor
Kris Jenkins future in the NFL is up in the air, and without a impact NT, a 3-4 defense simply doesn’t work. Sione Pouha was serviceable, but adding a talent like Phil Taylor is too much to pass on for the Jets. Taylor has ideal size, at 6’3 334lbs to anchor the defense and clog up running lanes in the middle. He does have off the field issues, but if he keeps his act together, I can’t see him being a bust. The Jets also need a pass rusher, so Reed and Houston could be the pick here, along with DE since they don’t have a real impact guy their other than Shaun Ellis.
Other Possibilities: Brooks Reed OLB, Justin Houston OLB, Stephen Paea DL

31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Aaron Williams DB Texas*
The Steelers defense has always been among the best in the NFL almost every season, but one weakness to the current one is the secondary. Other than Troy Polamalu, the Steelers lack a playmaker as FS and CB. Aaron Williams seems like a fit at either position, which is a big plus. At 6’0 204lbs, Williams has nice size and enough speed to be able to be a impact player in the NFL. Williams will be just another Texas DB to make it in the NFL, and he should stick around a while. The Steelers could also get some help on the oline, so names like Derek Sherrod or Danny Watkins could be called here as well.
Other Possibilities: Derek Sherrod OT, Danny Watkins OL

32. Green Bay Packers: Brooks Reed DE/OLB Arizona
Wow, who would have thought the Packers could play through all those injuries? Rodgers led the offence, while talents like BJ Raji and Clay Matthews helped the defense become elite. But one area for improvement is another pass rusher opposite of Matthews. Enter Brooks Reed, a similar high motor pass rusher(plus the long blonde hair) that could give the Packers one of deadliest pair of OLB’s in the NFL. Reed has steadily risen up the board after really improving his Senior year. The Packers could also go for a CB, with Woodson aging and the lack of depth at the position but there isn’t good value here at the end of the 1st round.
Other Possibilities: Justin Houston OLB, Davon House CB, Akeem Ayers OLB

Second Round

33. New England Patriots (f/CAR): Justin Houston OLB Georgia*
Belichick loves big pass rushers at OLB, and Houston fit’s the bill at 6’3 270lbs. Also doesn’t hurt Houston is already experienced in the 3-4 scheme.

34. Buffalo Bills: Andy Dalton QB TCU
They could have opt for Gabbert, but Dalton here in the 2nd isn’t a bad consolation prize. Dalton has shot up the draft boards, and would give Buffalo a QB to develop behind Fitzpatrick.

35. Cincinnati Bengals: Christian Ponder QB Florida State
It is almost a lock the Bengals go QB early in the draft, and Ponder here isn’t bad value at all. Ponder would fit the West Coast offence Jay Gruden is bringing in, and likely replace Palmer.

36. Denver Broncos: Danny Watkins OL Baylor
The Broncos haven’t been happy with the oline play, particularly on the right side. Watkins could be a RT or RG for them, and start from day 1.

37. Cleveland Browns: Stephen Paea DT Oregon State
With the transition back to the 4-3 defense, expect a DT or DE to be this pick. Paea seems like a Holmgren type prospect, and his strength will be needed in a run heavy AFC North.

38. Arizona Cardinals: Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA*
Joey Porter was a bust last season at OLB, and they didn’t get much production from the other guys either. Ayers didn’t time well, but is very athletic on the field, and knows on to get to the QB.

39. Tennessee Titans: Drake Nevis DT LSU
The Titans have had a hole at DT since Haynesworth left. Nevis is a productive prospect coming out of the SEC, and will be join all the other LSU dline players already in the NFL.

40. Dallas Cowboys: Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State
Dallas loves big olinemen, and Sherrod is that at 6’5 321lbs. You know Jerry Jones wants to protect Romo as well, so Sherrod could fit as a RT for the offence.

41. Washington Redskins: Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa
I am a big believer in Stanzi, and think he might be the best QB option here in the 2nd round. Stanzi has a good arm and prototypical size to fit as Mike Shanahan’s new project at QB.

42. Houston Texans: Marvin Austin NT UNC
I could see a CB or DB here, but with the 3-4 defense coming in they will need to draft a NT. Austin is a similar prospect to Jay Ratliff coming out, and could end up being a steal for them here.

43. Minnesota Vikings: Allen Bailey DE Miami
Bailey here is very good value, plus with Ray Edwards likely leaving DE will become a big need. Bailey is a very athletic DE, who also has good NFL ready size at 6’3 285lbs.

44. Detroit Lions: Davon House CB New Mexico State
Since there was little value in the 1st, the Lions are forced to go CB here with House. Even though he is from a small school, House possesses the film and body to give him a real shot to go in the 2nd round.

45. San Francisco 49ers: Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
It’s not a matter of if, but rather when the 49ers go QB in the draft. With the run of the QB’s at the start of the 2nd, Kaepernick is the last guy left of the group, who compares to former Jim Harbaugh coached QB Josh Johnson.

46. Denver Broncos (f/MIA): Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame*
When developing a young QB, maybe one of the best things to help him is a productive TE. Tebow would love Rudolph, who is a athletic pass catcher that will open up a lot of passing lanes.

47. St. Louis Rams: Jonathan Baldwin WR Pittsburgh*
The Rams desperately need a #1 WR for Bradford, and with Baldwin as the last potential #1 guy the Rams should take him here. Baldwin is a freak athlete at 6’4 228lbs who runs a 4.5 and could be the next Vincent Jackson.

48. Oakland Raiders: Orlando Franklin OT Miami
The Raiders have been at his pro day and had private workouts with Franklin, so expect him to be a big possibility here. At 6’5 316lbs, he has the big size to fit in at RT or OG depending on what we do with Bruce Campbell.

49. Jacksonville Jaguars: Rahim Moore DB UCLA*
Jacksonville doesn’t have much talent or depth in the secondary, making Moore a perfect fit. Moore is a ball hawk who could be a pro bowl type player at FS if he pans out.

50. San Diego Chargers: Martez Wilson OLB Illinois*
Since Merriman has been gone, the Chargers have one had 1 productive pass rusher in Shaun Phillips. Wilson is a freak athlete similar to Merriman, and would also replace Larry English who has been a bust.

51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia
Aqib Talib’s future in the NFL is in jeopardy, plus with Ronde Barber aging more and more a CB is a real possibility here. Dowling fits as a Tampa 2 type CB that excels in zone coverage.

52. New York Giants: Mason Foster LB Washington
Rumors were that’s the Giants were ready to take Rolando McClain before the Raiders surprisingly took him at #8. So they finally address the LB position with Foster, who doesn’t do anything great, but is a really solid football player.

53. Indianapolis Colts: Titus Young WR Boise State
Peyton is aging and will start to need better, more reliable targets with his play slightly going down. Young is great value here, and could see a lot of balls thrown his way in this pass happy offence.

54. Philadelphia Eagles: Ben Ijalana OL Villanova
The Eagles love big olinemen, and one of the main reasons why they didn’t go deep into the playoffs was the play of the oline. Ijalana has the big size and versatility to help protect Vick this year, profiling as a RT or OG in the NFL.

55. Kansas City Chiefs: Leonard Hankerson WR Miami
Dwayne Bowe was a beast last year, but other than him the Chiefs really don’t have a consistent WR. Hankerson could be that WR, after having a good Senior Bowl and combine where he surprisingly ran a 4.43 40.

56. New Orleans Saints: Bruce Carter LB UNC
There is a big need at OLB, even if Scott Shanle is brought back. Carter could miss some of the season though, since he is still recovering from a ACL tear.

57. Seattle Seahawks: Jurrell Casey DT USC*
The USC pipeline continues for Pete Carroll here with Casey. Casey will fill the need on the dline, since other than Brandon Mebane there isn’t much talent at DT

58. Baltimore Ravens: Torrey Smith WR Maryland*
Even with Boldin being brought in last year, a young WR will be needed to help them stretch the field. Smith does that very well, with his good speed and size that have helped him rise the board.

59. Atlanta Falcons: Jerrell Jernigan WR Troy
The one thing the Falcons lack on offence is a speed weapon to be used in the slot. Jernigan is one of my favorite prospects this year, and should be used like Percy Harvin is in Minnesota.

60. New England Patriots: Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois*
Could see a DB or OT here, but Leshoure is great value here. He would also give them a power RB for goal line and short yardage plays.

61. San Diego Chargers (f/NYJ): Edmond Gates WR Abilene Christian
Even though Vincent Jackson is back for another year, the Chargers really lack some speed at the WR position. Gates ran a blazing 4.37 40, and is my favorite small school WR in this draft.

62. Chicago Bears: Clint Boling OL Georgia
The Bears oline really improved in the later part the of season, but some depth and talent could still be useful. Boling can work out at RT or OG for them and be a upgrade over someone along the oline.

63. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jarvis Jenkins DL Clemson
The Steelers dline has been one of the strong points of the defense for a long time now, but age is starting to watch up with them. Jenkins could be developed into a starting caliber DE in the 3-4.

64. Green Bay Packers: Curtis Brown CB Texas
Charles Woodson is aging and they really lack some depth at CB. Brown would give them a experienced CB who has covered the likes of Michael Crabtree, Dez Bryant and Justin Blackmon in college.

Pat Sims 90
04-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Green and Ponder are solid picks.

T-RICH49
04-26-2011, 04:44 PM
NT is muchr more of a pressing need then OT.like Carimi but prefer Taylor more

49erNation85
04-26-2011, 04:44 PM
I like the first pick for SF.But horrible second round.

wicket
04-26-2011, 04:45 PM
good saints picks

BUSTKUNTLAWL
04-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Good Bears draft

RaiderNation
04-26-2011, 05:36 PM
NT is muchr more of a pressing need then OT.like Carimi but prefer Taylor more

I just cant see Taylor going that high, even though you guys have reached on dlinemen before. I can see a trade down though where you guys do end up taking Taylor. Maybe a team moves up for Mallett or a one of the CB's

jCut
04-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Why would Denver select two offensive players with their first three picks? We are trying to rebuild a defense here..

Vaylor
04-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Grab Marcus Gilbert and a CB in the 3rd and it would be a fine Patriots draft.

Nalej
04-26-2011, 09:42 PM
I like the Pats mock VERY MUCH!

ChicagoBearsVet23
04-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Excellent for the Bears

AntoinCD
04-27-2011, 05:43 AM
Great first round for the Pats and Mikel Leshoure is a good value pick however I sincerely doubt they go Houston now. While he does have experience in a 34 he is more suited to going forwards than sideways or backwards and the Pats ask a lot of their OLBs in coverage. And secondly the failed drugs test at the combine may take him off their board. It's not the fact that he failed the test it's that he would have known he was gonna be tested yet still failed. It is that lack of accountability on his part that will take him off the Pats board IMO

zachsaints52
04-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Like the Saints picks as well.

roscoesdad27
04-27-2011, 09:04 AM
GREAT ravens draft....starting to see jimmy smith and cam Heyward as equal value.

GoRavens
04-27-2011, 09:36 AM
immy smith and cam Heyward as equal value.
-_-

No, no, no.
Jimmy Smith has potential to be a shut down corner in the NFL. A playmaker and a lock down cover guy. Smith is a smart, physical, confident, play maker. He's 6'2 210, that's about 4 inches taller than any CB on the Ravens roster, and size matters, Baltimore's CBs get bullied at times.
Heyward has potential to be a 3-4 DE, who can stuff the run time to time. Don't get me wrong, Heyward has higher character than Smith, he is also huge, violent, disruptive, powerful, and versatile. But the thing I don't like about Heyward is his pass rush is weak and his consistency is horrible.
- Although Redding and Gregg are getting old, Baltimore needs a rusher, or a lockdown corner to help ASAP, not a run stopper.
- The pick should be either Jimmy Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, Aaron Williams, or Justin Houston.

DiG
04-27-2011, 11:37 AM
awful skins draft. fairley is a terrible fit in our 3-4 and with the headaches that we have had with haynesworth i dont see us taking a chance on fairley given his similar type of concerns. locker, watt/cam jordan, or even aldon smith would be better picks. stanzi is an awful pick in the 2nd. talk about a qb reach just to take a qb. can't see that happening. some of the other qbs maybe but not stanzi. i know your a big believer but sorry to say your not making the picks.

akvikefan89
04-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Like Locker, but would rather have had Kyle Rudolph or Rahim Moore in the second.

SRogers92
04-27-2011, 12:50 PM
I really think the Colts would go BPA and take Brandon Harris in the situation ... as a Lions fan, I do not like Smith there ... Schwartz likes our OL, they played well last year, and has said many times he doesn't value OT that highly in the draft process.

I think we would take Kerrigan or Bowers in that scenario.

prock
04-27-2011, 01:45 PM
I like this Vikings mock, but would rather have Moore in the second. But I dig it. Nice work.

billsfootball15
04-27-2011, 02:31 PM
now that is a beautiful bills draft

SickwithIt1010
04-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Jimmy Smith is the guy the eagles want, if he is there thats going to be the pick. I just cant see them taking Harris over him right now.

leroyisgod
04-27-2011, 03:07 PM
I like the Cowboys picks and kudos on an overall excellent draft.

Hurricanes25
04-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Good Jets pick and nice write-up as well.

roidrunner
04-27-2011, 05:32 PM
love the packers draft.

BaLLiN
04-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Edmund Gates second round? really?