PDA

View Full Version : David Carr

GiantRutgersFan
03-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Want all of your opinions...

From what i see, he sucks. all he does is checkdown passes to his RB or FB. He rarely throws for more then 5 yards. also it seems like a lot of his "sacks" come from him running out of bounds before the yard of scrimmage....

Am I wrong or does he suck????

People who never seen him play claim he is good cause he has a high comp percentage, yet in reality its cause he never throws deep passes....

primetime0506
03-23-2007, 01:25 AM
no alot of his sacks are because the line sucks big balls. Also he would have been sacked if he wansnt as mobile;some sacks are is fault but 90% horrible line. If you look at the qb in his 1st game ever and now it is totally diffrent he is so shell shocked from the pounding he took he scared to wait for routes to devlop because of the sack. He has good potential can run very well has a cannnon for a arm still, if u get him to a team with a history of good o-line i think he can thrive. He also is very tough because for someone to take a pounding like that and only miss 4 games showes you alot. Only thing he need to get the fire back in his belly and maybe this happening to him will reignite it. He was my 1st qb and I will support him till the day i pass from this earth long live DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jtizzle
03-23-2007, 02:29 PM
We may not have the best o-line...but it's not entirely their fault. During Capers last year as coach they allowed 68 sacks. So yeah...they sucked big balls then. But when Kubiak came in and brought in veteran linemen and drafted two rookies, they allowed only 42 sacks. That's 26 less than the '05 season and Carr still sucked. Kubiak gave him every chance to prove himself and he didn't. He even dumbed down the offense to give Carr a chance and he still couldn't get it done. It's time for a change and Matt Schaub is the answer. You don't get rave reviews from numerous head coaches and GM's if you aren't worth it. He's definitely worth it.

To all of you Texans fans who jumped off of the bandwagon because of this trade, please DON'T jump back on when Matt Schaub and Co. are playoff bound. Us loyal fans don't want you aboard.

ChefMike
03-23-2007, 03:03 PM
We may not have the best o-line...but it's not entirely their fault. During Capers last year as coach they allowed 68 sacks. So yeah...they sucked big balls then. But when Kubiak came in and brought in veteran linemen and drafted two rookies, they allowed only 42 sacks. That's 26 less than the '05 season and Carr still sucked. Kubiak gave him every chance to prove himself and he didn't. He even dumbed down the offense to give Carr a chance and he still couldn't get it done. It's time for a change and Matt Schaub is the answer. You don't get rave reviews from numerous head coaches and GM's if you aren't worth it. He's definitely worth it.

To all of you Texans fans who jumped off of the bandwagon because of this trade, please DON'T jump back on when Matt Schaub and Co. are playoff bound. Us loyal fans don't want you aboard.

Are you really praising 42 sacks ??? Thats absurd !! thats almost 3/game !!!

Come on now... I don't care how good you are... you would be checking down to the RB and FB to get rid of the ball so you can get any positive yardage ! You can't be serious to think that Peyton Manning or Drew Brees would be half the QB they are w/o a quality OL ??

Just an FYI... Carr finished #8 most Sacks in the league... NONE of the QB's in the Top 10 made the playoffs...

Sacks arent an indication of mobility either considering that Michael Vick had more sacks than David Carr...

And if sacks is an indication of quality.. I wouldnt mind car... Carson Palmer, Marc Bulger and Ben Roethlisberger are all in the TOP 10 in the league in sacks... so please don't think that because Carr was sacked 41 times this past season that its because he is a bad QB...

datchapin
03-29-2007, 06:11 PM
I liked Carr and will miss him. I think he made progress, but not enough, while I liked him however I am a Texans fan first and foremost. I'll wish Carr the best, but Schaub is now the man and can hopefully succeed where Carr couldn't.

I think Carr showed progress and had he stayed would have continued to improve, but you can never really know for sure and now that he's gone that's something we as fans don't have to worry about anymore. One of my biggest things was if he would get over being shell shocked. That at least is now a thing of the past....... I hope. Schaub had better not get sacked to many times.