PDA

View Full Version : BmoreBlackByrdz Final Mock of the Year

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-28-2011, 11:49 AM
1 CAR - QB Cam Newton, Auburn - Not the best fit but I feel like too much pressure is on Hurney to take Newton here.

2 DEN - DT Marcell Dareus, Alabama - Can't go wrong with Dareus, Peterson or Quinn here. Need defensive help ASAP

3 BUF - OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M - There favorite player in the draft, if Miller is at #3, they're taking him.

4 CIN - WR A.J. Green, Georgia - If Newton was here, I could see Cincy taking him, but with him gone, they go with the best WR in draft. Pair him with Shipley, Gresham and Jerome Simpson and you have a dangerous WR corp.

5 ARZ - CB Patrick Peterson, LSU - Arizona is one of the teams that I think will go hard after McNabb, therefore, they have the luxury to go BPA, Peterson is a steal at #5.

6 CLE - OLB Robert Quinn, UNC - Ravens have Suggs, Pittsburgh has Woodley and Harrison, the Browns finally get there own pass rusher to get after Flacco and Ben.

7 SF - QB Blaine Gabbert Missouri - John took Flacco his first year, I can see Jim doing the same if Gabbert falls, especially with Peterson gone.

8 TEN - DT Nick Fairley, Auburn - Fairley can give them that destructive force that they've lacked since Haynesworth.

9 DAL - OT Tyron Smith, Southern California - I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see Mike Pouncey go here.

10 WAS - WR Julio Jones, Oklahoma - No matter who's at QB next year, that WR corp is plain boring.

11 HOU - CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska - Texans finally get a potential shut-down corner to help them one day take over Manning and Co.

12 MIN - OLB Aldon Smith, Missouri - Taking Smith here allows them to turn there focus soley on re-signing Rice in FA and letting Edwards walk if need be.

13 DET - OT Anthony Castonzo, Boston College - They passed on potential franchise tackles 2 years in a row (Oher and Okung) Stafford missed games in both years due to injury, they simply can't keep putting the protection of there franchise QB aside..

14 STL - OL Mike Pouncey, Florida - I know Spagnuolo would love to take Jordan, Watt, Bowers or Kerrigan but the protection of Bradford is more important than anything else. He got lucky his rookie year, and avoided those knockout blows but that shoulder is still a serious issue.

15 MIA - RB Mikel Leshoure, Illinois - Every draft has a surprise pick, and with Pouncey gone, I think the Phins get a RB who is in the mold of Steven Jackson. With Ronnie constantly getting hurt and Ricky almost gone, they need some life at RB.

16 JAC - DE Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue - Typical Jaguar type player. Adds yet another talented young player to there front 7.

17 NE (f/OAK) - DE Cameron Jordan, California - Great value pick here. Jordan is an ideal 5 tech and perfect replacement for Seymour.

18 SD - DE J.J. Watt, Wisconsin - Probably the 2nd best 5 tech behind Jordan.

19 NYG - OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin - There o-line is still one of the better units in the league but they are aging. Carimi is a mauler in the run game and might be able to help out at Guard as well.

20 TB - DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson - The risk is worth the reward here, if Bowers' knee will hold up, the 19 teams will be kicking themselves in the ass.

21 KC - DT Corey Liuget, Illinois - Kansas City has slowly been building up there defense. Berry was a great addition to there secondary but they still need an impact player at NT. Liuget has the

22 IND - TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame - Kind of a surprise here but Manning struggled without Clark and it will take him a while to be 100% after the injury. Rudolph is a massive target who would do what Gronkowski did for Brady, to Manning.

23 PHI - OT Nate Solder, Colorado - Michael Vick is the type of QB who will be twice as dangerous as he already is if you give him a solid o-line.

24 NO - DT Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple - Wilkerson is listed at 300+ but he's very athletic and can play all over New Orleans d-line.

25 SEA - QB Jake Locker, Washington - If Locker falls, I can't see Seattle passing him up at @25.

26 BAL - CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado - Smith's talent is too hard to pass up here. He's gives Baltimore a potential shut down corner.

27 ATL - DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa - Atlanta desperatly needs a pass rusher opposite of Abraham, especially if they want to take the next step towards being an elite defense.

28 NE - OG Danny Watkins, Baylor - Adding Watkins is a great move, Mankins is arguably gone after next year and Watkins can play a more situational role until Mankins is gone.

29 CHI - OT Derek Sherrod, Mississippi St. - Cutler was beat up way too much last year, adding Sherrod give then a potential franchise LT.

30 NYJ - DR Marvin Austin, UNC - More versitile than Phil Taylor, Ryan will use him similar to how he used Ngata in Baltimore.

31 PIT - CB Brandon Harris, Miami - Many believe Harris compares to Brandon Flowers, Pittsburgh's corners outside of Ike Taylor are shaky, they could use an aggressive type corner like Harris.

32 GB - OLB Brooks Reed, Arizona - I think adding Broosk opposite of Matthews puts the Packers defense on a much higher level. Having to double team both edge rushers AND Raji are going to be too much for offenses to worry about.

I kinda skimped out of the descriptions of the picks, tried to finish it up before the draft starts.

vidae
04-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Just not a good KC pick any way you slice it.

zachsaints52
04-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Enjoy the Saints pick.