PDA

View Full Version : SRoger's FINAL ... Finally. No really, I'm done.

SRogers92
04-28-2011, 01:00 PM
So, once I realized I have no ****ing clue what the Broncos are going to do at 1.02, I'm just going to throw something against the wall and hope it's right.

1. Carolina (2-14) Cam Newton, QB, Auburn ... Stupid pick, IMO. But, it seems to be the direction they are headed.

2. Denver (4-12) Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama ... I'm not falling for the smokescreen. A 43 could not take an OLB at 1.02 - could they? Dareus makes the most sense, easily.

3. Buffalo (4-12) Von Miller, OLB, TXAM ... Upgrades horrendous pass rush immediately.

4. Cincinnati (4-12) AJ Green, WR, Georgia ... Seems to be the obvious pick of the first 4. Could add a QB like Gabbert, though.

5. Arizona (5-11) Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU ... I think the Cardinals will go BPA and Peterson could be the best player in the entire draft.

6. Cleveland (5-11) Julio Jones, WR, Alabama ... Trying to develop a young QB like McCoy requires a #1 for him to throw too. Jones is that guy.

7. San Francisco (6-10) Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri ... if the 49ers don't add him someone will trade up to make sure he doesn't go to Tennessee. Either way, he goes here.

8. Tennessee (6-10) Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn ... The Titans have a good DL already, but -- Fairley is a steal at 1.08 and could be an immediate force for them.

9. Dallas (6-10) Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska ... terrible secondary needs a stud CB. OL is an issue but, they like Free and Tyron isn't a sure fire OLT.

10. Washington (6-10) Jake Locker, QB, Washington ... Washington needs a franchise QB and they seem to love Locker. A bit high for him, but a lot of 'insiders' are predicting he'll go much higher than anticipated.

11. Houston (6-10) Robert Quinn, LB/DE, North Carolina ... Quinn needs to be there version of DeMarcus Ware for this 34 transition to work.

12. Minnesota (6-10) Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado ... Vikings have never shied away from players with character concerns(Percy Harvin, Ray Edwards), so - them taking a flier on Smith doesn't shock me. Secondary stinks and Smith could be a stud.

13. Detroit (6-10) DaQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson ... Steal, steal, steal. If the knee checks out the Lions get a Mario Williams type of prospect at 1.13.

14. St. Louis (7-9) Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri ... The HC of the Rams has a history of really valuing DEs going back to his time in NY. Smith will add to an already decent pair of DEs in St. Louis, but - will give them a bonafide stud.

15. Miami (7-9) Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State ... ZoMG?!? Ponder, to me, will be the best QB from this class. He has awesome football IQ, great accuracy, and is a good athlete. Henne doesn't have the confidence of the FO.

16. Jacksonville (8-8) Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue ... Will finally be the answer to the yearly drafting of DEs by Jacksonville.

17. New England (f/ OAK) (8-8) Tyron Smith, OT, USC ... The rich get richer. The #1 OT in the draft falls to the laps of BB. Someone would probably trade up for him before this happens, but - I can't project that!

18. San Diego (9-7) Cameron Jordan DE, CAL ... Need a replacement for Olshansky ... they have never filled that spot - until now.

19. New York Giants (10-6) Mike Pouncey, OG/C, Florida ... The Giants are rumored to really like him. He could be the most NFL-ready of any OL in this draft.

20. Tampa Bay (10-6) J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin ... Not necessarily the speed rushing demon they need, but -- Watt can get after the QB and would be a monster run stuffer on the strong side DE.

21. Kansas City (10-6) Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin ... Carimi is a tough hard nosed football player the Chiefs would love. He'll be an immediate impact at RT.

22. Indianapolis (10-6) Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College ... Indianapolis must get their token white player out of the way early.

23. Philadelphia (10-6) Brandon Harris, CB, Miami(FL) ... The Eagles really want to address CBs and Reid loves to draft CBs. Harris fits their needs/scheme perfectly.

24. New Orleans (11-5) Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA ... The Saints would like to upgrade their ability to stop the run and Ayers will add to that dimension as well as add some athleticism to their LB corps.

25. Seattle (7-9) Andy Dalton, QB, TCU ... The Seahawks needs a franchise QB, badly. Dalton could be that guy and fits their scheme, too.

26. Baltimore (12-4) Aaron Williams, CB, Texas ... The Ravens add a Corner who could be the next Chris McAlister. Similar players, bigger, more physical CBs.

27. Atlanta (13-3) Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh ... The Falcons need a pass rush and while undersized somewhat, Sheard is an edge rusher that will help them get after the QB.

28. New England (14-2) Cam Heyward, DE/DT, Ohio State ... Heyward would immediately step in and play at the DE position. He'd be a good against the run and the pass and fits what the Patriots like to do perfectly.

29. Chicago* (11-5) Derek Sherrod, OT, Miss. State ... Martz needs a franchise LT to keep Cutler on his feet and away from pain. Sherrod has issues about intensity but the talent and athleticism is there.

30. New York Jets (11-5) Brooks Reed, LB, Arizona ... Reed would hopefully come in and help that pass rush. The Jets have the secondary but, need more pressure and some compare Reed to Clay Matthews Jr.

31. Pittsburgh (12-4) Stephen Paea, NT, Oregon State ... The Steelers need a replacement for Casey Hampton who is in the twilight of his career. This will give Paea one year to sit and get up to speed with the NFL game. He seems to be a proto-type Steelers guy.

32. Green Bay Packers (10-6) Corey Liuget, DT/DE, Illinois ... The Packers would draft him with the hope of turning him into a 34 DE. With Johnny Jolly in legal trouble and the other Jenkins bro a Free Agent, the Packers could be in the market for an upgrade.

FloridaFootball
04-28-2011, 01:05 PM
I can live with Jake Locker at 10

DiG
04-28-2011, 01:08 PM
I can live with Jake Locker at 10

yup. same here. locker, quinn, cam jordan, julio, or trade down.

T-RICH49
04-28-2011, 01:13 PM
solid KC pick

SRogers92
04-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Does anyone besides me think Denver still goes with Dareus?

wicket
04-28-2011, 02:27 PM
not a fan at all of ayers but the position makes a lot of sense

fed36
04-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Not a fan of Locker for the skins - Quinn would be a much better choice

killxswitch
04-28-2011, 02:43 PM
If Carimi goes 1 pick before the Colts I will punch someone or something in the balls.

SRogers92
04-28-2011, 02:54 PM
I have no doubts he'd be the pick if available to the Colts. They want to get bigger on the OL, he's white, and he's from the Big 10. Makes way too much sense. Though I think Diem is a good player, they would have to be fairly confident Carimi could play LT(which I think he can).

killxswitch
04-28-2011, 03:01 PM
I have no doubts he'd be the pick if available to the Colts. They want to get bigger on the OL, he's white, and he's from the Big 10. Makes way too much sense. Though I think Diem is a good player, they would have to be fairly confident Carimi could play LT(which I think he can).

Diem WAS good player but he has been terrible on the right side.

You are mostly right about white players and Polian but the Colts seem to like black dudes at LT for whatever reason. I think Sherrod is a real possibility.

SRogers92
04-28-2011, 03:29 PM
I live in Indy so I'm familiar with their draft practices moreso than any team outside of the Lions ... Carimi would be perfect for them ... but -- alas, I have him taken!

49erNation85
04-28-2011, 04:20 PM
evil evil pick.