PDA

View Full Version : What Network Will You Be Watching? (POLL)

FloridaSkinzFan
04-28-2011, 01:14 PM
This year is the first time I will have the choice between ESPN or NFL Network, which network do you guys watch,

pros, cons?

The Dynasty
04-28-2011, 01:16 PM
I watch ESPN for the first couple rounds. I like Mel Kiper Jr. I like ESPN's cast more than the NFLN Cast. But in the Later Rounds I'll be watching NFLN because they are better at going in depth with the later picks than ESPN. I like Mike Mayock too. I just can't stand some of the Ex-Players NFLN has like Irvin and Sanders.

GaMeTiMe
04-28-2011, 01:17 PM
ESPN. No other choice.

marshallb
04-28-2011, 01:27 PM
I watch ESPN for the first couple rounds. I like Mel Kiper Jr. I like ESPN's cast more than the NFLN Cast. But in the Later Rounds I'll be watching NFLN because they are better at going in depth with the later picks than ESPN. I like Mike Mayock too. I just can't stand some of the Ex-Players NFLN has like Irvin and Sanders.

That's been the model that I've been following the past couple years, except that I will flip back and forth between NFLN and ESPN over the first couple rounds to hear Mayock's opinion.

EDIT: Unless I get sick of one's coverage(such as douches talking out of their ass, spoiling of picks, just **** coverage, etc.), in which case I will just watch the other one solely for the first few rounds.

TheSlinger
04-28-2011, 01:28 PM
NFLN, maybe ESPN during commercials.

Hurricanes25
04-28-2011, 01:30 PM
ESPN. The draft is not the draft without Mel Kiper Jr.

M.O.T.H.
04-28-2011, 01:40 PM
ESPN. I'm a creature of habit, when it comes to the draft. These format changes really do bother me to no end, and we still have a long ass wait.

I find myself pretty damn disappointed that I'm waiting all this time for what is only the 1st round. The draft really should be an all day event. I'm probably more excited for day 3 more than anything.

But yeah, I'll switch back and forth, but it's gonna be almost all ESPN for me.

Babylon
04-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Been with ESPN since the DR. Z and Joel Buchsbaum days. NFLN is ok but if i dont have to look at Lombardi and Casserly it's a good day.

prock
04-28-2011, 01:52 PM
I don't have NFLN or I would watch it.

Handel
04-28-2011, 01:54 PM
I don't have cable (eh I don't have a TV ;). Will watch the NFLN stream online (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/live/landing) with possibly the sound from Patriots Pro Football Weekly webcast.

Babylon
04-28-2011, 02:03 PM
I don't have NFLN or I would watch it.

You arent missing much.

Handel
04-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Sorry but Eisen/Mayock/Mariucci > Berman/Kiper/whoever

M.O.T.H.
04-28-2011, 02:08 PM
You arent missing much.

I honestly barely watch it. It was cool when I first got it years ago...but all it really is, is the nfl films channel.

Total Access isnt bad for a watch every now and then...and I love that they have the combine. Even though, their presentation of it needs to be drastically improved. Just show me the drills, dammit. Keep the camera on the players. But other than that, it's really nothing special at all.

Iamcanadian
04-28-2011, 02:11 PM
NFLN but I will switch during ads.

M.O.T.H.
04-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Sorry but Eisen/Mayock/Mariucci > Berman/Kiper/whoever

Eisen's a douche / Berman's a douche. Both have annoying qualities and they know next to nothing about the players.

Mayock vs Kiper...is pretty much a wash. Kiper doesnt have an annoying lisp, though.

Mooch = Gruden in my book. I like both guys, but dont value either's opinion on prospects. They can provide iffy insight...some good, some really stupid.

Watching on ESPN is just more about tradition I suppose. Kiper isnt always right, but I enjoy watching the guy on draft day. And yeah, hopefully they will actually let him get a word in this year. He's the Godfather...let that man speak.

akvikefan89
04-28-2011, 02:15 PM
NFL Network. I'm a big Mayock fan, and during lulls Eisen makes me laugh.

NotRickJames
04-28-2011, 03:21 PM
NFLN for Days 1 and 2.

ESPN for Day 3 because they're going to have a camera at Nathan Enderle's house!

ESPN always spoils the picks too but I heard NFLN does the same thing.

stephenson86
04-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Both, ESPN on Sky and NFLN on my laptop.

KCJ58
04-28-2011, 03:22 PM
I only watch ESPN for Mel Kiper, so ESPN

fear the elf
04-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Eisen's a douche / Berman's a douche. Both have annoying qualities and they know next to nothing about the players.

Mayock vs Kiper...is pretty much a wash. Kiper doesnt have an annoying lisp, though.

Mooch = Gruden in my book. I like both guys, but dont value either's opinion on prospects. They can provide iffy insight...some good, some really stupid.

Watching on ESPN is just more about tradition I suppose. Kiper isnt always right, but I enjoy watching the guy on draft day. And yeah, hopefully they will actually let him get a word in this year. He's the Godfather...let that man speak.

See, I agree with the second two comparisons, but to me, Eisen vs. Berman is no comparison. Eisen, is funny, Boomer is a moron. Eisen and Mayock are why I go with NFLN.

M.O.T.H.
04-28-2011, 03:31 PM
See, I agree with the second two comparisons, but to me, Eisen vs. Berman is no comparison. Eisen, is funny, Boomer is a moron. Eisen and Mayock are why I go with NFLN.

I seem to be in the minority...but I hate Eisen. I think he frequently comes off as fake and kind of an ass. Berman is unbearable...but I've always watched on ESPN. So for me...it's pretty much all a wash, but tradition tips the scale.

stephenson86
04-28-2011, 03:32 PM
I seem to be in the minority...but I hate Eisen. I think he's fake and kind of an ass. Berman is unbearable...but I've always watched on ESPN.

Eisen for any people who follow British comedy, reminds me of James Cordon, he was really good then he began to believe his own hype and became a dick.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-28-2011, 03:39 PM
ESPN is broadcasting online right?

the_dark_knight
04-28-2011, 03:48 PM
swap during commercials, but I will have both going, laptop+Androidphone+tv = /win

boknows34
04-28-2011, 03:49 PM
ESPN is broadcasting online right?

NFL.com will be broadcasting live. That's my only option to watch Eisen/Mayock and co in the UK. We get live tv coverage on ESPN UK.

M.O.T.H.
04-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Oh god is this song that they're going to play a billion times in the next three days? ugh. They sure could vary it up a bit. Gonna get old fast.

stephenson86
04-28-2011, 03:53 PM
NFL.com will be broadcasting live. That's my only option to watch Eisen/Mayock and co in the UK. We get live tv coverage on ESPN UK.

Yeeaaaaaa get it on on ESPN at 1am, which is gonna be pretty wierd as I spend 362 days watching NFLN stuff online then to suddenly get ESPN for the draft.

boknows34
04-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Yeeaaaaaa get it on on ESPN at 1am, which is gonna be pretty wierd as I spend 362 days watching NFLN stuff online then to suddenly get ESPN for the draft.

Where in the UK are you? Good to see us Brits here.

stephenson86
04-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Where in the UK are you? Good to see us Brits here.

Up in Manchester, hate the fact we can't get stuff like NFLN over here and end up watching everything 5 hours later. I think we have a pretty good Brit contingent on here but they just don't show it.

ElectricEye
04-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Going NFLN this year. Really enjoyed their broadcast last year. Kiper and McShay are pretty good entertainers, but I like the hard information beyond the top fifteen that I get from Mayock.

MI_Buckeye
04-28-2011, 03:58 PM
I typically watch ESPN for the first night and probably will do so again after a frustrating NFLN viewing experience.

ESPN has better production values and makes the draft feel like the major event it is. La Canfora is simply unforgivable as a reporter in my opinion. Last year he relayed nothing but bogus info in the run-up to the draft and then spoiled pick after pick doing so with a smug, self-satisfied smile. It is next to impossible to ruin the draft for me, but La Canfora made a good run at it.

I'll be DVRing the entire draft for both telecasts, but my live attention will probably dirft more towards NFLN as the draft goes on. Since they're more of a niche station, they actually focus on the draft as it is going on. I didn't have access to NFLN for day three last year and loved the cast with Wingo, Jaws, Kiper and McShay, but I hear it'll be a little different this year. However, ESPN is the mainstream station that doesn't realize day three is for the diehards, so don't expect much substance.

Flyboy
04-28-2011, 04:00 PM
ESPN. Blame Time Warner.

49erNation85
04-28-2011, 04:01 PM
sadly ESPN tonight maybe stream on line from NFL .com

boknows34
04-28-2011, 04:09 PM
I didn't have access to NFLN for day three last year and loved the cast with Wingo, Jaws, Kiper and McShay, but I hear it'll be a little different this year. However, ESPN is the mainstream station that doesn't realize day three is for the diehards, so don't expect much substance.

Swap Jaws for Dilfer and that's ESPN's Day 3 coverage this year.

Caulibflower
04-28-2011, 04:16 PM
NFL Network. I'm a big Mayock fan, and during lulls Eisen makes me laugh.

This.

Didn't have cable until a few years ago, and I started watching in on NFLN first, so I don't really have any loyalties to ESPN. Mayocks my favorite analyst, partly because he's soooo friggin' serious, and it's a bit funny, and partly because he generally offers really sound criticisms. If Mayock doesn't like a prospect I like, that's often when I go back and re-evaluate myself. And Rich Eisen is great as that guy who hasn't experienced what it's like to play or coach at a high level of football, but is a well-informed and knowledgeable fan of the game. They're great foils for each other. Some of the other s guys on NFLN, though... I'm certainly not going to say I think every head on there is worthy of facetime. But when Mayock and Eisen are doing their thing it makes for a very watchable show.

M.O.T.H.
04-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Swap Jaws for Dilfer and that's ESPN's Day 3 coverage this year.

I actually like Dilfer...hate Jaws.

Still though, while I'll watch day 3 on ESPN. The prospect coverage will still be useless. They'll still be talking about the 1st day, and ignore about a dozen straight picks at a time, before a brief recap.

ChiefMojo
04-28-2011, 05:31 PM
I watch ESPN on TV and NFLN on the laptop. I prefer the NFLN because of Mike Mayock. Kiper is good, but Mayock is the best. The in-depth ability of Mayock is second to none. Even the 7th round/UDFA types he knows about really well. Just hope he doesn't lose his voice this year. lol

RealityCheck
04-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Same situation here in Brazil. Don't want to listen to the brazilian guys talking about Newton, Gabbert and Ingram all the time because they're the only prospects they know.

Scott Wright
04-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Three Words:

Mel

Kiper

Junior

djp
04-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Which network gives away who's being taken before they're actually selected more frequently? I can't stand seeing the guy on the phone.