PDA

View Full Version : Grade Your 1st Round Pick(s)

wicket
04-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Ill start:

Cameron Jordan A+
Mark Ingram & Trade F

Day average C

phlysac
04-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Drafting Aldon Smith... B+

NOT drafting Blaine Gabbert or overdrafting any other QB... A+

etk
04-28-2011, 11:03 PM
wicket's trolling on TR - A+

ElectricEye
04-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Objectively; C+, with a potential to be an A+

For me; B+ with the same potential.

I really have felt very strongly about Solder's talent the entire way throughout the process. I think the concerns for him are somewhat overblown, although fair. He's got more upside than any tackle in this draft and is going to be playing for one of the better offensive line coaches in all of football. We've a lot with a whole lot less before, no reason to think we can't turn a good, talented kid like Solder into something special.

Giants34
04-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Lol silly me for taking a few minutes to type up analysis...you beat me to the punch I guess

coordinator0
04-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Jimmy Smith - A. Would be an A+ but there's some risk taking him. Still a great pick.

TACKLE
04-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Jimmy Smith - A. Would be an A+ but there's some risk taking him. Still a great pick.

49erNation85
04-28-2011, 11:10 PM
I agree with phlysac about not drafting a QB but dam we could have done with a better pick though.Darn AZ screwed us we almost had him dang it.I will give a B- until I see hit Potential later in preseason.I just hope we get a QB round two.

Pat Sims 90
04-28-2011, 11:12 PM
A+ Green is beastly and will get Ochocinco out of Cincy and they did not reach on 1 of the QBs.

Dam8610
04-28-2011, 11:12 PM
For the Colts, I'd go B.

A LT was desperately needed, and all the draft gurus are going to talk about how the Colts grabbed great value in Castonzo, but I'm just not sure about him. The need filled is an A, while the player selected for me is a C. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see Castonzo as the Pro Bowler Mayock talked about throughout this process.

Giants34
04-28-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm gonna defend the Ponder pick btw...

IMO opinion he's a safer pick at 12 than Newton at 1.

PossumBoy9
04-28-2011, 11:13 PM
I love the Rams pick of Robert Quinn.

He brings some risk, but really good value at #14, IMO.

Grade: A

SilentJaguar
04-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Objectively: C- accounting for the trade

Subjectively: F

armageddon
04-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Rams getting Robert Quinn at 14 gets an A+

He and Long are going to terrorize

GaMeTiMe
A- for the Eagles. I expect Watkins to help anchor the line for almost a decade, he may be older but doesn't have the wear and tear of anyone else in the league his age and plays at a position where he'll last into his late 30's.

Not a knock it out of the ball park pick, probably would've given Jimmy Smith the same grade maybe even a B+ to be safe with the character concerns.

CashmoneyDrew
The Titans will be repeating my class next year.

Matthew Jones
04-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Nate Solder - B

Protecting Tom Brady long-term and getting younger on the offensive line needed to be a priority in this draft, and I think Solder was a solid value who fits the Patriots' M.O. He has size, athleticism, three years as a starter, was a team captain, All-American, extremely durable, great intelligence/intangibles/work ethic to handle the mental demands of New England's blocking schemes, and receptive to coaching.

Matt Light will most likely re-sign for a year or so and hold down the fort while Dante Scarnecchia, one of the best OL coaches in the league, works with Solder. Very happy to have added him to the team. I doubt he would have made it down to #28, and I'm not sure Sherrod or Carimi was really what Belichick was looking for.

New England had multiple chances to draft guys like Ingram, Wilkerson, Heyward, etc., and I came away thinking that they probably weren't as high on those guys as previously expected. Ingram was most likely more of a need thing, where the Patriots felt as though a running back would be a luxury. Wilkerson's instincts may have scared the team off, and Heyward's inconsistent play and motor probably factored into the Patriots passing on him twice. I think they might have had some concerns about Cameron Jordan's ability to play a two-gap role. Prince Amukamara was probably too much of a luxury as well. The Patriots would not have drafted Anthony Castonzo because he is a Tom Condon client.

The trade was a great value. New England keeps adding more and more picks every year, and they can afford to wait for the right value and fit to come along. I'm expecting them to trade the #33 pick tomorrow...not sure who they'd be targeting at this point, and they have just under 18 hours to move a pick. This is Bill Belichick we're talking about. Very happy with the way day one went.

ElectricEye
04-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Yeah, the Ingram trade gets an A+ from me. The entire "Patriots need a RB" thing was mostly the product of fantasy football and the media putting too much stock into the Saban/BB thing as usual. Ingram is a pretty good player in the NFL, but he's not significantly better than the Woodhead/BJGE combo we have at present....which he would have to be in order to justify being a first round pick. I really don't think he would have been a clean transition to our offense as some think either. Ingram strikes me as a guy who needs a lot of carries deep into the game to really establish a rhythm. That's not the kind of thing we need in our offense. When we call your number on the run, you better be ready to get yards on command and be effective right away. The run is always going to be a secondary thing for us so long as Brady is spinning the ball. The balance we had this year was perfect. No need to mess that up.

cotts1
Lions Nick Fairley....A++++++

Monomach
Gabe Carimi A+

The Bears needed a lineman with a nasty attitude and considerable size. Carimi is huge and he's the meanest tackle in the draft. Outside of Peterson/Prince/Miller/Dareus/Julio/Green falling all the way to 29, this first round couldn't have turned out any better for us.

J-Mike88
04-28-2011, 11:22 PM
B+ for the Packers OT Derek Sharrod.
That's back-to-back years picking a skilled OT in round 1, and with Rodgers hopefully the savior for the next 10+ years, protecting him on the edges is crucial. With Bulaga at RT and the Pro Bowler Clifton still at LT, Bulaga can move to LG and Sharrod to RT, or not.

Either way, I like the options.

But no more White Wall on the Packers OL...... need new nickname.

J-Mike88
04-28-2011, 11:23 PM
I agree with that.
I hate the idea of Suh and him paired with each other for the next 6-8 years as monsters who can get to the QB.

I think Minnesota will regret taking Christ Ponder a pick before Fairley.
Especially when there were at least 2 better QBs available.

FloridaSkinzFan
04-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Redskins - B

More than anything I liked that the Redskins traded down to acquire another top 50 pick, while also picking up another DE/OLB to play opposite Brian Orakpo.

For Round 2, I would like to see,

41) Ryan Williams RB Virginia Tech
49) Ryan Mallet QB Arkansas

Woody56
04-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Jets Muhammad Wilkerson - A

Ive loved Wilkerson for a long time. He is also a great 3-4 fit with a huge upside.

gpngc
04-28-2011, 11:26 PM

Such a good pick.

Something some people never consider about the draft - sure it can sometimes be used to fill "needs." But it's also a great way to build on strengths (take a unit/aspect/tendency/philosophy of your team up a level).

The Lions pass rush just went from pretty good to potentially revolutionary...

Diehard
04-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Von Miller - A, assuming Dennis Allen is given the latitude to install a defensive scheme that makes good use of his abilities.

Miller blitzing off the strong side and Doom pass rushing from his RDE spot could be a very deadly combination.

BlindSite
04-28-2011, 11:27 PM
This is either going to be an A+ or an F- in three years.

onejayhawk
04-28-2011, 11:30 PM
I love the Chiefs trade. I hate the pick. Million dollar body, $0.05 head.

J

SeanTaylorRIP
04-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Love the Fairley pick for the lions but lets just hope they don't turn this into a Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Mike Williams thing again next year and draft another DT.

As for the Skins I give Kerrigan a C+. Don't think he plays well in space and can't cover so he's a bad complement to Orakpo, was hoping for Aldon Smith. I can actually picture him bulking up and playing 5 tech. With that said he's too hard of a worker to be a bust. He will be a solid player no doubt with potential to make this pick a higher grade. It's sad we have great personnel for a 43 defense yet are stuck with a bunch of miscasts.

Dam8610
04-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Love the Fairley pick for the lions but lets just hope they don't turn this into a Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Mike Williams thing again next year and draft another DT.

Well the reason that happened was they failed in drafting WRs. They succeeded with Suh and I'll venture to guess Fairley will be a success next to him.

ElectricEye
04-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Have two young, talented defensive tackles come together like that in recent memory? That's...wow. Two of college footballs true elite defensive seasons lining up next to each other like that is crazy to think about. How in the world do you block that?

SeanTaylorRIP
04-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Von Miller - A, assuming Dennis Allen is given the latitude to install a defensive scheme that makes good use of his abilities.

Miller blitzing off the strong side and Doom pass rushing from his RDE spot could be a very deadly combination.

No offense love Miller and think he will be a stud but I don't see how you can give the Broncos an A by taking an OLB at #2 who isn't an ideal fit when Dareus is staring you in the face and your run defense was your biggest issue. I'd give the Miller pick a B if you consider it's the 2 spot and who was on the board.

coordinator0
04-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Have two young, talented defensive tackles come together like that in recent memory? That's...wow. Two of college footballs true elite defensive seasons lining up next to each other like that is crazy to think about. How in the world do you block that?

You would have to think opposing teams are going to keep an extra blocker in the back-field at all times. Sort of helps their coverage not only because of the pass-rush they'll get but because they won't have as many guys to cover.

HawkEye30
04-28-2011, 11:36 PM

With an offensive line??? lol sorry, I had to.

gpngc
04-28-2011, 11:37 PM

And when you consider the fact that teams typically don't have three consecutive (LG-C-RG) high-level (especially in terms of quickness) interior OL...

...AND that Suh will constantly demand double teams anyway...

...AND that KVB and Avril are pretty solid edge rushers...

...this "two monster pass-rushing DTs" experiment may end up being a revolutionary movement for NFL defensive coordinators.

Pitt
04-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Cameron Heyward in that Steeler Defense looks like an A+.

Scotty D
04-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Nick Fairley, DT - B+

Great value, not a huge need. Corey Williams played a damn good season last year but he is getting up there in age. Who knows how long he can perform at that level. Sammie Lee Hill looked really good in his limited action and I thought he was going to take on a bigger role next season. There was a reason Fairley fell to 13 but I hope that working out with KVB and Suh everyday will help him develop. Mayhew stuck to the BPA approach. There was something about Prince that GMs didn't like or he wouldn't have fallen to #19. Part of me wishes they drafted Prince but we will have to see how everything plays out.

Detroit now has four DTs that are capable of playing at a high level in Suh, Fairley, Sammie Lee Hill, and Corey Williams. Add that to Cliff Avril, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Lawrence Jackson, and Turk McBride at defensive end. They will also kick Suh or Williams out to DE at times. They definitely can get a nice rotation going to keep everyone fresh.

Lions desperately need help at LB and CB but if Mayhew continues this approach I could see them going after Mikel Leshoure or Rahim Moore in the second round.

Flyboy
04-28-2011, 11:39 PM

You don't? Quick passes IMO.

SenorGato
04-28-2011, 11:43 PM

Stroud and Henderson...so not too recent.

As far as the Jets taking Wilkerson I'd give it a B+ with the potential to be an A. Fills a need, he's young, he's got the best 3-4 DE frame in the class, he's a plus athlete, he's got length, he's tall, and he can play the pass. I expect he'll be starting when the season starts.

FrankGore
04-28-2011, 11:45 PM
I give the Niners a B for Aldon Smith. Would've liked to move down a little but Houston was going to take him if we got too cute and I think he has exceptional potential as a pass rusher.

Dam8610
04-28-2011, 11:45 PM

I'm glad the Colts realistically only have to worry about dealing with it once every 4 years.

Mac
04-28-2011, 11:48 PM
Dareus for the Bills, A+

Him and Kyle Williams are gonna be an amazing duo for years to come. There's nothing bad I can say about the guy. Perfect fit.

Babylon
04-28-2011, 11:49 PM

I think eventually the Vikings fans will like Ponder. He's a smart guy and above average athlete.

Seattle i give a D- for the James Carpenter pick.

keylime_5
04-28-2011, 11:51 PM
-Get a **** ton of extra picks including another 2012 first.
-Take a huge defensive tackle to plug in the middle against AFC North competition

I'll take it. A+, mostly b/c of the trade. If Taylor becomes another Kris Jenkins/Shaun Rogers type, then definitely so.

Diehard
04-29-2011, 12:00 AM
No offense love Miller and think he will be a stud but I don't see how you can give the Broncos an A by taking an OLB at #2 who isn't an ideal fit when Dareus is staring you in the face and your run defense was your biggest issue. I'd give the Miller pick a B if you consider it's the 2 spot and who was on the board.

In terms of "fit", I have to believe the team is willing to make the scheme fit the players. You don't draft Miller to chase TE's all day, though the fact that he *can* do that is a big plus. Generally, SLB is the red-headed stepchild of a basic 4-3. So I think it is safe to assume Denver is going to end up running something more of a hybrid D. As I said, if they end up sticking was a basic 4-3, then I'd downgrade that rating considerably.

In terms of pure talent Miller > Dareus. You are correct that Dareus would be a big boost against the run. However, I feel pretty good about the DT options in round 2 to pair with Miller, while if we had taken Dareus I'm not sure there's a comparable "Miller Lite" option to be had.

PossibleCabbage
04-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Sherrod is an A-. Not an immediate contributor, but likely a year 2 starter at a key position. Liked him better as an LT prospect than Castonzo, Solder, or Carimi.

falloutboy14
04-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Castonzo - B+
LT is the most obvious need and getting Castonzo at 22 is great value. Might not be the best run blocker, but he's smart and has a ton of experience.

Think my favorite pick of the 1st round is either Fairley, just for the chance to see that pas-rush. Jim Schwartz has to be foaming at the mouth. Beyond that, the Giants had a good pick. No clue how deep they are at corner, but when the Eagles & Cowboys come to town, can't have too many.

DBNYDP
04-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Denver Broncos

I wanted Dareus, but I really liked Miller as a prospect. If they are able to move him around I think he could be a huge impact in the pass rush, I'm thinking he's a guy that could very well lead the league in sacks in the near future, THAT IS always a good pick. But he doesn't help the rush defense as much so I'm going to give the pick a solid B. Greatly strengthens our pass rush, doesn't really do it for the line, but who knows with the DTs that dropped, the Broncos could get some steals in the second round.

By the way can everybody make sure you to mention their team at the top of their post or whatever? Some posts I have no clue who you are talking about.

ElectricEye
04-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Stroud and Henderson...so not too recent.

Different animal. Gifted gap to gap players, but not dominant penetrators like Fairley and Suh. Those guys eat backfields alive.

REDSKINSWARRIOR82
04-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Redskins =16 Ryan Kerrigan DE Redskins = grade B-

jayceheathman
04-29-2011, 12:52 AM
Since the Texans didnt select Prince, we can get Davon House now. :) I would so go out and buy a House jersey if that happened.

mqtirishfan
04-29-2011, 01:09 AM
B+ for the Packers OT Derek Sharrod.
That's back-to-back years picking a skilled OT in round 1, and with Rodgers hopefully the savior for the next 10+ years, protecting him on the edges is crucial. With Bulaga at RT and the Pro Bowler Clifton still at LT, Bulaga can move to LG and Sharrod to RT, or not.

Either way, I like the options.

But no more White Wall on the Packers OL...... need new nickname.

Agree on the grade, I love the pick for Green Bay. I'm not sure I would want to move anyone around this year, though. Find a stop gap at OG for now, and develop Sherrod behind Clifton as a LT, or behind Bulaga as a RT if you want Bulaga to be the LT. It feels like too much can go wrong if you start moving people around the line at spots they don't fit.

Nick Fairley, DT - B+

Great value, not a huge need. Corey Williams played a damn good season last year but he is getting up there in age. Who knows how long he can perform at that level. Sammie Lee Hill looked really good in his limited action and I thought he was going to take on a bigger role next season. There was a reason Fairley fell to 13 but I hope that working out with KVB and Suh everyday will help him develop. Mayhew stuck to the BPA approach. There was something about Prince that GMs didn't like or he wouldn't have fallen to #19. Part of me wishes they drafted Prince but we will have to see how everything plays out.

Detroit now has four DTs that are capable of playing at a high level in Suh, Fairley, Sammie Lee Hill, and Corey Williams. Add that to Cliff Avril, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Lawrence Jackson, and Turk McBride at defensive end. They will also kick Suh or Williams out to DE at times. They definitely can get a nice rotation going to keep everyone fresh.

Lions desperately need help at LB and CB but if Mayhew continues this approach I could see them going after Mikel Leshoure or Rahim Moore in the second round.

I think that this approach is really going to benefit the Lions. Sure, DT wasn't the most glaring weakness, but it's now likely dramatically improved into a team strength. I think the Lions should continue to go BPA in the 2nd, maybe pick up a pass rusher like DaQuan Bowers if he's there, or go after Martez Wilson? I see a lot of potential talent in the third for interior linemen, so it might be fine if they just go with BPA in the second, and set themselves up for future success.

wogitalia
04-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Drafting Christian Ponder.... D

I like Ponder, think he is the 2nd best QB prospect in this draft but he is a 2nd rounder.

Arsenal
04-29-2011, 01:19 AM
I give the Niners a B for Aldon Smith. Would've liked to move down a little but Houston was going to take him if we got too cute and I think he has exceptional potential as a pass rusher.

I agree completely. If you believe Mort, they tried to move down but couldn't find a taker so just picked the man they wanted.

Getting a pass rush will be key for Fangio's defense so they really need some consistent pressure from the OLB's. Lawson, Haralson, Brooks, and LaBoy are all very average so I think it's pretty solid.

vidae
04-29-2011, 01:39 AM
I love the Chiefs trade. I hate the pick. Million dollar body, $0.05 head.

J

I couldn't disagree more. If anyone can get the most out of this kid, it's Haley. He will make our offense dynamic.

I'd give the pick a B+ but move it up to an A with the trade back.

Big_Pete
04-29-2011, 01:44 AM
I give NYG an A+ for Prince Amukamara.

Great value and a good fit for the Giants. DB may not be the most obvious need, but they do need to upgrade the defensive back seven (as previously mentioned by Jerry Reese).

Flyboy
04-29-2011, 01:57 AM
Unlike most Saints' fans, I love our first round... just awesome in my opinion. Great value all around - granted giving up a 1st sucks, but I'll live with that.

JETS5128
04-29-2011, 02:26 AM
Jets get an A for Wilkerson. Will eventually be able to man all 3 spots on the line and has great athleticism and play-making ability. In a couple years i expect him to be very similar to Trevor Pryce in his prime

Iamcanadian
04-29-2011, 02:34 AM
Carolina A+ till Newton proves otherwise. Have a chance to be a contender in 2 years
Denver A+ Still a long ways before they are competitive
Buffalo A+ Also a long way to go before they are contenders
Cincy A+ He's that talented but who is going to get him the ball??
Arizona A+ But whose their QB, without one, will be right back drafting in top 5
Atlanta A+ Really a strong contender to win it all from now on.
San Fran B, he has talent but who is the QB that will make them a true contender.
Tennessee C Lets see if Locker has any chance, way too boom or bust for the #8 pick.
Dallas A+ Hate Jerry as a GM but this one I cannot argue with.
Jacksonville A Knew they needed a true franchise QB and made a move. Could end up an A+ eventually.
Houston C - Don't think he will be an impact player.
Minny C- Panic set in if you ask me, long rebuilding road lays ahead.
Detroit A- A+ if Fairley pans out because next to Suh, he will never see a double team.
St. Louis A Quinn could be special
Miami A- Still have a QB problem, pretty high for an OG/OC
Washington B- Decent prospect but where's the QB
New England B+ Hard to criticize BB
San Diego B Solid prospect but Smith hasn't been a good drafter since Shotty stopped advising him and with Turner as HC, I look for more disappointing seasons.
Giants B+ did the best they could this late in round 1
Tampa Bay B OK but nothing special.
Kansas B- Filled a need, could turnout to be a higher grade
Indy B OK but nothing really special. Certainly a position of need
Philly B+ Reid isn't off too often, could turnout to be a star right off the bat.
New Orleans A+ really helped their team with 2 solid picks.
Seattle C+ maybe a reach, maybe not.
Baltimore C+ Boom or bust, could go higher, could go lower???
Cleveland D The team has one impact player in Thomas, has few building blocks and won't be a contender for at least 5 to 10 years. When are they going to get any impact players????
New York Jets B OK but not special.
Chicago B+ Should be solid for a cold weather team
Pittsburgh B+ Should be a solid Pro
Green Bay B Filled a huge need

Giants34
04-29-2011, 02:41 AM
Canadian, I thought Locker was a "lock" to go between 25-40. What happened to your crystal ball?

Sveen
04-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Ill start:

Cameron Jordan A+
Mark Ingram & Trade F

Day average C

I'll second that.

Giants34
04-29-2011, 02:53 AM
I give NYG an A+ for Prince Amukamara.

Great value and a good fit for the Giants. DB may not be the most obvious need, but they do need to upgrade the defensive back seven (as previously mentioned by Jerry Reese).

My man...I gave it a B. You've gotta downgrade it a tad because he ignored OL again. This simply can't keep happening. Eli Manning is the franchise...he needs a comfortable pocket and the line is hanging together by a thread. I hope to god he can pull together some diamonds in the rough tomm because OL got picked clean in round 1. This is no A+.

prock
04-29-2011, 03:03 AM
Ponder - at the time F, I am talking myself into this though. C

jsagan77
04-29-2011, 03:10 AM
Kerrigan = A+ for the Skins. We got another 2nd rounder and Kerrigan... If the Pats did that everyone would be all over them. Kerrigan and Rak attack is back jack.

OzTitan
04-29-2011, 03:56 AM
Locker isn't the 8th best prospect but part of me likes how the Titans are one of the teams who will trust their own analysis. Um if I had to label it, I suppose a C, with a chance to be an F- or an A+ *shrug*

fenikz
04-29-2011, 04:18 AM
A+ fo sho, we got the only prospect in the draft who I would label elite at the 5th overall pick don't think it gets much better. Well unless you consider the fact that guys like Akeem Ayers, Brooks Reed, Justin Houston, Jabaal Sheard & Martez Wilson are still on the board for AZ in the 2nd

I'm just so ************* happy

drd23
04-29-2011, 06:59 AM

Cant argue with that logic. Very happy with the pick

CJSchneider
04-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Cameron Jordan A+
Mark Ingram & Trade B+

Day average A-

I am extremely optimistic about Ingram.

regoob2
04-29-2011, 07:11 AM
Chicago Bears: Gabe Carimi - A

To get a player we loved at our biggest position of need and not having to trade up for him? That sounds like an A to me.

scottyboy
04-29-2011, 07:15 AM
My man...I gave it a B. You've gotta downgrade it a tad because he ignored OL again. This simply can't keep happening. Eli Manning is the franchise...he needs a comfortable pocket and the line is hanging together by a thread. I hope to god he can pull together some diamonds in the rough tomm because OL got picked clean in round 1. This is no A+.

you're insane. i was about to defend you when you were bashing tyron smith but not when you come out with garbage like this. It's an A. hell, A+ even. in a division with Dez, Miles, Maclin and Djax, you need all the secondary help you can get. Our secondary is now is huge strength, plus Ross is oft-injured and TT entering a contract year. Prince is incredcible value. Dude's a top 10 talent that fell to our lap at 19.

And you really think Carimi or Castonzo could have filled in from day 1 to help our OL? Are you not realizing that A) Our OL was killed by injuries last year on the left side and B) Reese has been giving glowing reports about Beatty.
There are plenty of interior OL still there, and if we are high on Beatty to take over LT, that moves Diehl inside and C up to O'Hara, Seubert or Petrus, which isn't bad at all. The only thing you could also think of is a future replacement for McKenzie, but he was lights out last season and didn't show any signs of letting up.

SchizophrenicBatman
04-29-2011, 07:17 AM
A-

Either Newton is a franchise QB or Marty Hurney is getting fired. There is no downside

SuperMcGee
04-29-2011, 10:19 AM
A+ fo sho, we got the only prospect in the draft who I would label elite at the 5th overall pick don't think it gets much better. Well unless you consider the fact that guys like Akeem Ayers, Brooks Reed, Justin Houston, Jabaal Sheard & Martez Wilson are still on the board for AZ in the 2nd

I'm just so ************* happy

Peterson and Dareus were the top two guys in this draft, imo.
I'm hoping the Bills are looking at the same group of guys you listed in this round.
Cardinals are the team I like most outside of Buffalo.
Good times!

SRogers92
04-29-2011, 10:32 AM
And when you consider the fact that teams typically don't have three consecutive (LG-C-RG) high-level (especially in terms of quickness) interior OL...

...AND that Suh will constantly demand double teams anyway...

...AND that KVB and Avril are pretty solid edge rushers...

...this "two monster pass-rushing DTs" experiment may end up being a revolutionary movement for NFL defensive coordinators.

Don't forget Corey Williams should have been in the Pro Bowl at DT last year, too ... he's a terror. Sammie Lee Hill is a huge NT with some quickness. Our DTs will be FRESH and mean for 4 quarters, how's an offensive line(that doesn't sub) going to be able to handle that for an entire game?

Don't forget at DE we also have Lawrence Jackson who had like 6 sacks last year(despite almost no time in 5 games) who has a lot of talent(1st rounder) and guys like Turk McBride(5 sacks as backup) and Willie Young(second year player, undersized rusher who had like 2 or 3 sacks in pre-season) who have some pass rushing talent, too.

This DL should be amaaaazing. Now, get us Asomugha!

etk
04-29-2011, 10:39 AM
A+ Green is beastly and will get Ochocinco out of Cincy and they did not reach on 1 of the QBs.

So you're not upset that your FO passed on a trade down with Atlanta at the last second, and your division rival took the deal instead, and you ended up with another receiver in the end.

I don't see how trading a Pro Bowl receiver for a rookie is gonna upgrade your team. At best, things will remain the same.

etk
04-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Since the Texans didnt select Prince, we can get Davon House now. :) I would so go out and buy a House jersey if that happened.

Good thinking. House is much better value than Prince. I take it you're just saying this because you're a New Mexico fan or something though.

K Train
04-29-2011, 10:41 AM
A+ heyward was the second player i wanted for the steelers besides pouncey who went 17 picks earlier....total win

Miaoww
04-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Cam Newton: F

etk
04-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Carolina A+ till Newton proves otherwise. Have a chance to be a contender in 2 years
Denver A+ Still a long ways before they are competitive
Buffalo A+ Also a long way to go before they are contenders
Cincy A+ He's that talented but who is going to get him the ball??
Arizona A+ But whose their QB, without one, will be right back drafting in top 5
Atlanta A+ Really a strong contender to win it all from now on.
San Fran B, he has talent but who is the QB that will make them a true contender.
Tennessee C Lets see if Locker has any chance, way too boom or bust for the #8 pick.
Dallas A+ Hate Jerry as a GM but this one I cannot argue with.
Jacksonville A Knew they needed a true franchise QB and made a move. Could end up an A+ eventually.
Houston C - Don't think he will be an impact player.
Minny C- Panic set in if you ask me, long rebuilding road lays ahead.
Detroit A- A+ if Fairley pans out because next to Suh, he will never see a double team.
St. Louis A Quinn could be special
Miami A- Still have a QB problem, pretty high for an OG/OC
Washington B- Decent prospect but where's the QB
New England B+ Hard to criticize BB
San Diego B Solid prospect but Smith hasn't been a good drafter since Shotty stopped advising him and with Turner as HC, I look for more disappointing seasons.
Giants B+ did the best they could this late in round 1
Tampa Bay B OK but nothing special.
Kansas B- Filled a need, could turnout to be a higher grade
Indy B OK but nothing really special. Certainly a position of need
Philly B+ Reid isn't off too often, could turnout to be a star right off the bat.
New Orleans A+ really helped their team with 2 solid picks.
Seattle C+ maybe a reach, maybe not.
Baltimore C+ Boom or bust, could go higher, could go lower???
Cleveland D The team has one impact player in Thomas, has few building blocks and won't be a contender for at least 5 to 10 years. When are they going to get any impact players????
New York Jets B OK but not special.
Chicago B+ Should be solid for a cold weather team
Pittsburgh B+ Should be a solid Pro
Green Bay B Filled a huge need

Pretty much. I probably would've picked the same guy but it still doesn't excite me.

but a C for Houston?!?!?! You crazy...Watt is a beast and paired with Wiliams that front will be scary.

Rosebud
04-29-2011, 10:58 AM

But he also doesn't give you near as much excitement or potential impact either...If Nexton works out he's a star, if Ponder works out he's a solid starter who I'm not sold is any better than a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick so while Ponder's safer he also doesn't give you the potential impact you'd expect from a 12th overall pick.

DOMINATEtheline
04-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Ny Giants- Prince B+
Really Wanted To Trade Up 7 Or 8 Spots For Fairley!

Texas Homer
04-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Texans

JJ Watt (A) Solid.

initial_flo
04-29-2011, 12:11 PM
The Browns are an Incomplete. That's all you can say.

Phil Taylor should be a nice player that filled a need. Hopefully Taylor and all those picks > Julio Jones which I don't think is out of the question.

Though I'm still salty about the trade up from 27 to 21, and giving up that third round pick. If your stance is accumulating picks, then don't trade them away when there's plenty of talent still around. It's more of a principal thing for me I guess.

nepg
04-29-2011, 12:21 PM
As a whole? A+ for the Pats. Separate parts?

B for Solder. I just don't like him as much as the other guys, but I'm not going to flip **** over it. I did think OT was probably the biggest "need" (the Pats don't have any clear-cut needs), and they got the guy they wanted to get.

The trade was flat-out spectacular. They Charlie Sheened that one.

the_dark_knight
04-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Falcons landing Julio Jones - A+
Falcons trading next year's first to make it happen - C

killxswitch
04-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Colts get a B-. The position was dead on, an A. Castonzo to me is a B- or C+ guy. Couple that with the missed opportunity to draft Carimi (F) and B- is the grade. I am getting more excited about Castonzo as I distance myself from the whole thing.