PDA

View Full Version : So If I Showed You This Mock 24 Hours Ago...

GaMeTiMe
04-29-2011, 12:00 AM
1) Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton QB Auburn
2) Denver Broncos - Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
3) Buffalo Bills - Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
4) Cincinnati Bengals - AJ Green WR Georgia
5) Arizona Cardinals - Patrick Peterson DB LSU
6) Atlanta Falcons (f/CLE) - Julio Jones WR Alabama
7) San Francisco 49ers - Aldon Smith OLB Missouri
8) Tennessee Titans - Jake Locker QB Washington
9) Dallas Cowboys - Tyron Smith OT USC
10) Jacksonville Jaguars (f/WAS) - Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri
11) Houston Texans - JJ Watt DE Wisconsin
12) Minnesota Vikings - Christian Ponder QB Florida State
13) Detroit Lions - Nick Fairley DT Auburn
14) St. Louis Rams - Robert Quinn DE North Carolina
15) Miami Dolphins - Mike Pouncey G Florida
16) Washington Redskins (f/JAC) - Ryan Kerrigan OLB Purdue
17) New England Patriots (f/OAK) - Nate Solder OT Colorado
18) San Diego Chargers - Corey Liuget DE Illinois
19) New York Giants - Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
20) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
21) Cleveland Browns (f/KC) - Phil Taylor NT Baylor
22) Indianapolis Colts - Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College
23) Philadelphia Eagles - Danny Watkins G Baylor
24) New Orleans Saints - Cameron Jordan DE California
25) Seattle Seahawks - James Carpenter OT Oklahoma
26) Kansas City Chiefs (f/ATL thru CLE) - Jon Baldwin WR Pittsburgh
27) Baltimore Ravens - Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
28) New Orleans Saints (f/NE) - Mark Ingram RB Alabama
29) Chicago Bears - Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
30) New York Jets - Muhammad Wilkerson DE Temple
31) Pittsburgh Steelers - Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State
32) Green Bay Packers - Derek Sherrod OL Mississippi State

What would you have said?

For those of us that mock for months upon months, this probably doesn't look much different than what most of us have had at some point through the process. Julio Jones and Phil Taylor both got mocked in the same slot I had them in albeit to different teams, but the trades didn't really blow up my mock and most everyone that was most consistently mocked in the 1st went in the 1st.

HawkEye30
04-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Lol who's James Carpenter and why do you have the seahawks taking him in the 1st when he'll most likely be there in the 2nd

jsagan77
You would have won $10,000,000 had you played the Bud Light Challenge. And then put you on suicide watch...

gpngc
Your order is wrong. BAL has pick #26.

GaMeTiMe
04-29-2011, 12:03 AM

See, if I put Baltimore at 26 and KC at 27 someone would've said, "I would've said Baltimore will let the time expire and KC will pick before them!", so I just left it as is.

PossibleCabbage
04-29-2011, 12:03 AM

Baltimore didn't get their pick in before the 10 minutes expired. Kansas City actually picked 26th.

Pitt
04-29-2011, 12:06 AM
"No way" will my team take him. Worst mock I've ever seen.

jayceheathman
04-29-2011, 12:08 AM
The Texans are passing on Amukamara?????????

Pitt
04-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Baltimore didn't get their pick in before the 10 minutes expired. Kansas City actually picked 26th.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/UltraMegaOK1988/takei.gif

PossibleCabbage
04-29-2011, 12:14 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/UltraMegaOK1988/takei.gif

It wasn't actually the Ravens fault, you can blame the Bears (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/29/jerry-angelo-takes-blame-for-ravens-snafu/)

Notredameleo
04-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Wow, love the Lions pick.That D line would be dominant....

Thats really what I probably would have said.

DBNYDP
04-29-2011, 12:24 AM
If you told me that Fairley drops to the Lions and Amakamura to the Giants.. YOU BE TRIPPIN.

Also Ponder was a HUGE surprise. Locker too.

Aldon Smith was sort of wtf.

Jones/Roy are going to make a great WR tandem.

PossibleCabbage
04-29-2011, 12:24 AM
Wow, love the Lions pick.That D line would be dominant....

Thats really what I probably would have said.

The real question I have about the Lions DL is "who is the other DE"? They have three good DTs in Suh, Fairley, and Corey Williams. Sammie Lee Hill is a good young player. Other than those four, their only good defensive lineman is Vanden Bosch.

CashmoneyDrew
04-29-2011, 12:27 AM
WWaLxFIVX1s

J-Mike88
04-29-2011, 12:27 AM
The real question I have about the Lions DL is "who is the other DE"? They have three good DTs in Suh, Fairley, and Corey Williams. Sammie Lee Hill is a good young player. Other than those four, their only good defensive lineman is Vanden Bosch.
Has he not retired yet?

49erNation85
04-29-2011, 12:28 AM
If you told me that Fairley drops to the Lions and Amakamura to the Giants.. YOU BE TRIPPIN.

Also Ponder was a HUGE surprise. Locker too.

Aldon Smith was sort of wtf.

Jones/Roy are going to make a great WR tandem.

My reaction as well been then came to realize that the 49ers still need a good OLB / pass rusher is some one has a learning curve but also young and good talent to a good LB in the future.He was the number 2 ranked OLB next to miller so it wasn't such a bad reach just a WTF pick like you said.Now I Just for a QB sometime in the draft.But probably another top ten pick for us next year in 2012 sadly.

GaMeTiMe
04-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Aldon Smith caught me off guard but it was definitely the one pick in this draft I feel I should've realized a bit earlier than when it actually happened. I was thinking Kerrigan at one point because of how safe of a pick he's considered, but Smith definitely has the higher upside.

McShay was going off of something by putting Smith to the Cardinals right before the draft. If it wasn't for that, it would've been even more of a surprise that he went to SF.

Iamcanadian
04-29-2011, 12:34 AM

Wrong, they have a very decent pass rusher in Cliff Avril.

Notredameleo
04-29-2011, 12:37 AM

Really?

http://www.nfl.com/players/cliffavril/profile?id=AVR296636

http://www.nfl.com/players/lawrencejackson/profile?id=JAC339314

http://www.nfl.com/players/turkmcbride/profile?id=MCB744519

Spectacular stats for non starters from Lo-Jack and Turk...

wicket
04-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Id say no way the saints are so ******** to do that trade & pick

wogitalia
04-29-2011, 12:47 AM
I'd have asked why you have the Vikings 2nd round pick in the 1st round?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Pitt
04-29-2011, 12:55 AM
There is no I repeat NO ******* chance the Lions pass on Prince Amukamara for yet another DT the one position outside of QB we don't need.

diabsoule
04-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Cam Jordan to the Saints?! HELL YEAH!

Wait, the Saints traded a future first and our 2nd for Mark Ingram? WTF, Loomis?!

villagewarrior
04-29-2011, 01:49 AM
I'd have said no way with Baldwin's character concerns does he go to KC.

vidae
04-29-2011, 02:16 AM
I think his character concerns are a bit overblown tbh. I wouldn't have minded him had we traded back. Pioli and Haley have done their research so I'm not worried at all.

Sveen
04-29-2011, 02:56 AM
I would have said no way Cam Jordan slides to us at #24, and please do not trade back up for Mark Ingram.

descendency
04-29-2011, 11:16 AM
I would have bitched about Nate Solder not being a good OT.

SickwithIt1010
04-29-2011, 11:27 AM
My reaction as well been then came to realize that the 49ers still need a good OLB / pass rusher is some one has a learning curve but also young and good talent to a good LB in the future.He was the number 2 ranked OLB next to miller so it wasn't such a bad reach just a WTF pick like you said.Now I Just for a QB sometime in the draft.But probably another top ten pick for us next year in 2012 sadly.

There isnt a QB you guys could have taken that would have gotten you any further than Smith would this year. Most of these Qb's outside of a guy like Ponder, need all types of word and development.

katnip
04-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Good pick for the Jets

M.O.T.H.
04-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Hey sweet, Tyron Smith...this dude knows his ****. :)

TimmG6376
04-29-2011, 11:50 AM

Wrong, they have a very decent pass rusher in Cliff Avril.

And the job of the DEs just got a lot easier with all of the attention the DTs will be drawing. I'm not looking forward to this matchup at all.

killxswitch
04-29-2011, 12:10 PM
I would have said "if the Colts have the chance to draft Carimi and they take Castonzo instead I will be PISSED."

CJSchneider
04-29-2011, 12:22 PM
I would have sharted and then came all over myself.

wicket
04-29-2011, 12:25 PM
I would have sharted and then came all over myself.

and how would you react to the ingram debacle?

SaintsMan
04-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Championship!

the_dark_knight
04-29-2011, 12:47 PM
You're tellin me the Falcons got the best WR for their scheme in this year's draft, and our front office made a miracle happen to go from 27 to 6, Uh you're friggin crazy, but I'd love it if it actually happened!

PossibleCabbage
04-29-2011, 12:52 PM
You're tellin me the Falcons got the best WR for their scheme in this year's draft, and our front office made a miracle happen to go from 27 to 6, Uh you're friggin crazy, but I'd love it if it actually happened!

But they paid above the going rate for disgruntled franchise quarterbacks to do so.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
04-29-2011, 12:53 PM

Avril had 8.5 sacks in 13 games. Plus Lawrence Jackson was solid and suprisingly brought some pressure rotating in with Avril. Suh may kick out to DE in some certain situations.

I will be keeping a close eye on Robert Quinn and Prince over the years. Fairley, Robert Quinn or Prince I'd take any of them on Detroit. Fairley was BPA for Mayhew so Fairley it is. Lots of fresh very talented DTs coming at QBs for a good amount of time in the future.

Monomach
04-29-2011, 01:04 PM

When did Cliff Avril stop existing?

What would you have said?
Perfect pick for the Bears, but there's no way the best tackle in the draft falls all the way to 29. No way.

PossibleCabbage
04-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Perfect pick for the Bears, but there's no way the best tackle in the draft falls all the way to 29. No way.

Strange year when the "best tackle in the draft" is a right tackle.

descendency
04-29-2011, 01:07 PM
In my opinion the Lions draft board should have been Quinn, Fairley, Amukamara.

But I can see why they had Fairley above Quinn.

Monomach
04-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Strange year when the "best tackle in the draft" is a right tackle.

Except he's not. His floor is as a very good right tackle. The guy held his own (and usually more than that) against every DE he faced that went in the first round.

DcmRulz
04-29-2011, 01:49 PM
I would have said "Ponder? Childress was fired, no way we're reaching for a QB again after TJack."

CJSchneider
04-29-2011, 02:25 PM
and how would you react to the ingram debacle?

Multiple orgasms.

WiSeIVIaN
04-29-2011, 02:43 PM
I would say that there is no way the Falcons give up what it would take to go from 27 to 6 (and this is actually what I've said regarding the rumored trade up on other board). Top NFL teams like the Falcons simply do not...

(a) Morgage their future by giving up a TON of draft picks for 1 player
(b) Would not do so for a #2 WR

I mean I see why they did it, and I get their "we have no needs" reasoning, but man is youth important to football teams, and both injuried and decline in play tend to happen every single year. 5 player for 1? No thanks.

T-RICH49
04-29-2011, 04:17 PM
I think his character concerns are a bit overblown tbh. I wouldn't have minded him had we traded back. Pioli and Haley have done their research so I'm not worried at all.

great minds think alike.because I agree with this man