PDA

View Full Version : How Did You React After Your Team Made Their Pick?

49ersfan_87
04-29-2011, 12:08 PM
After the 49ers picked Aldon Smith i just said "huh"? Not because it was bad, but because we were never linked to him in the draft process. At the time, i was expecting Prince Amukamara to be the pick, with a slight chance we would take Gabbert or Quinn. So the pick surprised me for sure.

killxswitch
04-29-2011, 12:11 PM
I was upset because I really wanted Carimi and we had the chance and just didn't take it.

I am trying to be more positive because the fact is we need a LT and Castonzo will probably be a good one. I just think Carimi was the better choice.

Nalej
04-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Nice..........

Monomach
04-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Yelled out in joy when we got Carimi.

Shane P. Hallam
http://www.positivethoughts.com/wackyheadpt/yellow_guy_smiling_really_big_hg_wht.gif

Giantsfan1080
I was more than happy when we selected Prince.

drowe
04-29-2011, 12:15 PM
my brother-in-law got a text after the "pick is in" sign came up when the packers were on the clock. apparently, some website announced Da'Quan Bowers as the pick. So, i was relieved it wasn't him.

K Train
04-29-2011, 12:17 PM
i was pretty hammered by 31, so i celebrated with a shot

SFbear
04-29-2011, 12:17 PM
"Chicago Bears select Gabe Camiri"

http://forthehealthofit01.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/golf-clap.jpg

Solid pick but hard to excited about a RT who might have problems with speed rushers. Still better than anybody on our roster. Getting somebody who can actually run block is super too.

ElectricEye
04-29-2011, 12:19 PM
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/5540/mokwiththispats.png

wicket
04-29-2011, 12:21 PM
I fistpumped after cameron jordan and i raged after the ingram pick & trade travesty and raged even more after i saw what we gave up

M.O.T.H.
04-29-2011, 12:21 PM
I was uber excited after hearing Tyron Smith's name....pretty sure Goodell said Ty-Ran, though.

Still...jumped out of my chair a little and clapped fairly loudly.

Monomach
04-29-2011, 12:34 PM
I was uber excited after hearing Tyron Smith's name....pretty sure Goodell said Ty-Ran, though.

Still...jumped out of my chair a little and clapped fairly loudly.

I thought I heard "Try-on."

Also for sure heard Goodell and Jerry Angelo both call Derek Sherrod "Sherrard."

CashmoneyDrew
04-29-2011, 12:35 PM
umDr0mPuyQc

DiG
04-29-2011, 12:36 PM
after we traded down from 10 i was screaming like a girl i was so happy. after we picked kerrigan i was like ok cool thats not a bad pick.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pulled out my dick cause it wasnt andy dalton

roidrunner
i basically went, "ok????" i like the pick for the packers i was just not bowled over with the pick.

M.O.T.H.
04-29-2011, 12:42 PM
There was a time, where I wouldnt have been excited about an OL selection. But those days are long dead...I wanted this soooooooo bad.

Cicero
04-29-2011, 12:43 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/74/FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.gif

killxswitch
04-29-2011, 12:44 PM
i basically went, "ok????" i like the pick for the packers i was just not bowled over with the pick.

For the 32nd pick in the draft I think you guys got a pretty good player, good value.

the_dark_knight
04-29-2011, 12:45 PM
I was SOOOO Happy, one of my buddies is a Browns fan and he was over with me and he was SOOO pissed they passed on the pick and is just certain that they're doomed to mediocrity forever.

Cunningham
04-29-2011, 12:50 PM
as much as i loved dareus and peterson, i was extremely happy with von miller.

and i thanked god that we didn't take fairley.

Caulibflower
04-29-2011, 12:50 PM
I have to say I wasn't thrilled the Seahawks passed on Carimi to take James Carpenter. We need a RT, and Carpenter's more of a pass-blocker. But obviously the front office had Carpenter rated higher, so... we'll see.

roidrunner
04-29-2011, 12:53 PM
For the 32nd pick in the draft I think you guys got a pretty good player, good value.

im happy with the pick. I like the value. and i rarely question what TT does in the front office. I was just hoping we would get someone like Brooks Reed at the 32.

SuperMcGee
04-29-2011, 12:57 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1899716/tiger-woods-sm-fist-pump-o.gif

keylime_5
04-29-2011, 01:01 PM
surprised, but glad that we picked a defensive lineman. honestly i didn't care who we picked b/c we had just gotten a **** ton of extra picks.

MaybeDavis
04-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Damn, I was pissed! But after i calmed down, read and saw some more stuff of Smith, I'm ok with that Pick. To adress the Pass Rush was very god but I really liked Quinn and Kerrigan more. But Smith truly is very freakish and now I really want to see him play as a Niner...

bambam
04-29-2011, 01:02 PM
I loved Anthony Castonova was around for the Colts. We have had a weak spot at LT since Tarik Glenn retired. Colts have tried bust Tony Ugoh and Charlie Johnson. But, Johnson is a true Guard and the pick of Castonova will help greatly with passing and running.

http://HubsSportsReport.blogspot.com

katnip
04-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Good pick...

stephenson86
04-29-2011, 01:05 PM
I stopped holding my girlfriends hand, took my hand from over my face, removed the pizza from my knee, stood up, punched the sky and went '**** YEAAAAAAA'.

Monomach
04-29-2011, 01:05 PM
I loved Anthony Castonova was around for the Colts. We have had a weak spot at LT since Tarik Glenn retired. Colts have tried bust Tony Ugoh and Charlie Johnson. But, Johnson is a true Guard and the pick of Castonova will help greatly with passing and running.

http://HubsSportsReport.blogspot.com

Stop pimping your crappy blog here. That's twice now. We don't like that.

MI_Buckeye
04-29-2011, 01:07 PM
I know it's sort of sheepish, but I follow three teams very closely. The Lions because I live in metro Detroit, The Bengals because I am originally from SW Ohio and the Eagles, because I grew up loving Randall Cunningham and Donovan McNabb and have remained loyal to them ever since.

When the Bengals took A.J. Green, I was mildly disappointed. I think Green has peaked and won't be as good in the NFL as he was in college. He'll be a good player, but I wanted either PatPete or Julio (guys I am pretty sure will be monsters) or Gabbert to be the franchise QB.

When Robert Quinn was on the board for the Lions, I thought he had to be the pick. Prince was another possibility. The Fairley pick blew me away, because DT is the Lions' strongest position. That being said, I liked the pick, because he was a great value. You can always trust Martin Mayhew when he says he is going to take the BPA.

The Danny Watkins to Philly pick was meh. I honestly think Watkins draft stock is artificially inflated because of his bizarrek story. He is probably legitimately a 2nd/3rd round OT/OG. I was rooting for Jimmy Smith, Gabe Carimi or Mark Ingram as a darkhorse.

SaintsMan
04-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Steal! Cameron Jordan was great value. I was jumping up and down for Mark Ingram, since I've had a man crush on him for a while now. Perfect RB for our offense.

wicket
04-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Steal! Cameron Jordan was great value. I was jumping up and down for Mark Ingram, since I've had a man crush on him for a while now. Perfect RB for our offense.

what the hell, he doesnt work in our offense at all. Saints offense is about as bad of a fit as possible for ingram

Monomach
04-29-2011, 01:14 PM
I stopped holding my girlfriends hand, took my hand from over my face, removed the pizza from my knee, stood up, punched the sky and went '**** YEAAAAAAA'.

You know how I know you're ***?

You hold hands.

killxswitch
04-29-2011, 01:16 PM

The players you got were fantastic. I would be less happy about what you guys gave up to get Ingram though. A+ for the players, D for the trade. Especially with Ivory and Thomas already on the roster.

SaintsMan
04-29-2011, 01:30 PM
what the hell, he doesnt work in our offense at all. Saints offense is about as bad of a fit as possible for ingram

I think you couldn't be more wrong but we'll see.

The players you got were fantastic. I would be less happy about what you guys gave up to get Ingram though. A+ for the players, D for the trade. Especially with Ivory and Thomas already on the roster.

Ivory has a long history of injuries in college and suffered a pretty bad injury this past season. Bush and Thomas both missed multiple games to injury every year. And the trade wasn't that bad to me, we swapped 1st's and gave up a 2nd for a top 20 talent.

vidae
04-29-2011, 01:34 PM
I was like huh.. I don't hate, I don't love it, but I like it. It could end up being GREAT.

Complex
04-29-2011, 01:34 PM
I was nervous Dalton and Gabbert were still on the board and I was like please not them. I wanted Quinn or Fairley but when the titans picked Locker I was like what?but I was also happy at the same time and I was also relieved no Gabbert no Ginger.

I always liked Locker since his freshman year but during his senior year my love started to fade. I thought he was the 2nd best QB in the draft and thought he could be a franchise QB.

HawkEye30
04-29-2011, 01:36 PM
I was like James Carpenter? Who the **** is James Carpenter?! (quickly does a wiki search of James Carpenter.) ****. **** why?!!!!!!!!!!

M.O.T.H.
04-29-2011, 01:41 PM
I like Carpenter a lot at G, but if they really do plan on using him at T...meh. He's still a good player, sucks that they couldnt trade down a bit.

M.O.T.H.
04-29-2011, 01:45 PM
wrong thread.

ElectricEye
04-29-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm not so sure that wasn't a good move for Seattle. Carpenter proved he can play more than a little bit down in Mobile. Not sure he's a tackle at the next level, but they might have gotten one of the better guards in the draft. Does that make it a good value? Maybe not. But I wouldn't be totally gloom and doom if I were a Seahawks fan.

FrankGore
04-29-2011, 01:51 PM
More than surprised that we took Aldon Smith. Was totally cringing expecting Gabbert, and thinking it could be Quinn, Prince or even Jordan if it was anyone else. But definitely not upset.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
04-29-2011, 01:51 PM
For Detroit, I said well thats the BPA but was disappointed it wasn't Prince. Fairley and Suh could be nasty in the future and we'll have fresh talented rotating DTS with Williams and Fairley this year. Not a need and talent but still a good pick. Mayhew knows what he's doing. I would say he hasn't missed in Rounds 1-3 yet in 3 years except for Derrick Williams.

The_Dude
04-29-2011, 01:58 PM
stunned silence...... ponder...... *facepalm*

djp
04-29-2011, 02:00 PM
I honestly facepalmed. But after thinking about how the draft played out up to that point, I changed my mind pretty quikcly. it was just whoever the Vikings liked best. Think they were hoping for Locker.

yo123
04-29-2011, 02:02 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/rj1lj9.jpg

bigboiajhawk
04-29-2011, 02:08 PM
My reaction to the NFC North draft:

Vikings: Actually laughed when I saw the pick, was extremely happy that Gabbert didn't fall to them.

Lions: Went "Oh S***" If Fairley plays like he did this year, good God that will be tough to block.

Bears and Packers alike: Okay Okay solid picks nothing to get too excited about.

bambam
04-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Stop pimping your crappy blog here. That's twice now. We don't like that.

Sorry, was just sharing my thoughts about the Colts pick, and thoughts on other picks. Wasnt trying to hurt anyone, but you know you pimped it even more by telling me to stop pimping it.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
04-29-2011, 03:03 PM
I know it's sort of sheepish, but I follow three teams very closely. The Lions because I live in metro Detroit, The Bengals because I am originally from SW Ohio and the Eagles, because I grew up loving Randall Cunningham and Donovan McNabb and have remained loyal to them ever since.

When the Bengals took A.J. Green, I was mildly disappointed. I think Green has peaked and won't be as good in the NFL as he was in college. He'll be a good player, but I wanted either PatPete or Julio (guys I am pretty sure will be monsters) or Gabbert to be the franchise QB.

When Robert Quinn was on the board for the Lions, I thought he had to be the pick. Prince was another possibility. The Fairley pick blew me away, because DT is the Lions' strongest position. That being said, I liked the pick, because he was a great value. You can always trust Martin Mayhew when he says he is going to take the BPA.

The Danny Watkins to Philly pick was meh. I honestly think Watkins draft stock is artificially inflated because of his bizarrek story. He is probably legitimately a 2nd/3rd round OT/OG. I was rooting for Jimmy Smith, Gabe Carimi or Mark Ingram as a darkhorse.

Watkins is a real **** kicker and either is going to be a great OG or a very good RT.

His story has nothing to do w/ where he was drafted.

You take a flier on the good character guys in the 7th, not in the top 25. Zero influence.

GoRavens
04-29-2011, 03:06 PM
My girl passed out, I was taking hits from the bong.
I think Mark Ingram will have an amazing NFL career,
so I got wicked excited about the idea of a 1-2 punch of Rice and Ingram.
Stoned, I thought this was amazing.
I was literally repeating "Ozzie, pick Ingram" in my head over and over for about 5 minutes.
Then they got skipped, and I thought I was trippin..
Sort of like, I sent Ozzie bad brain signals and he got overwhelmed...
But in the long run, Jimmy Smith will be an unbelievable addition to our defense, obviously, if he smartens up.

HawkEye30
04-29-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm not so sure that wasn't a good move for Seattle. Carpenter proved he can play more than a little bit down in Mobile. Not sure he's a tackle at the next level, but they might have gotten one of the better guards in the draft. Does that make it a good value? Maybe not. But I wouldn't be totally gloom and doom if I were a Seahawks fan.

I'm sure I'll warm up to the pick soon, but I was looking for a sexy pick and a guard definitely isn't one.

Splat
04-29-2011, 03:13 PM
I had a mixed reaction with the Chiefs pick I wasn't upset or happy.

marshallb
04-29-2011, 03:15 PM
My reaction after hearing that the Vikings took Ponder:

Hmmm...

...well, I didn't see that coming...

...I'm ok with that pick.

gpngc
04-29-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm sure I'll warm up to the pick soon, but I was looking for a sexy pick and a guard definitely isn't one.

There was absolutely nothing sexy left at that point. I was upset with:

A) the fact that Amukamara was so close to slipping to #25.

and

B) the fact that our front office clearly failed in an attempt to execute a trade-down. James Carpenter + a 4th rounder seems much better right now because it's draft weekend - but in reality, the chances of that 4th rounder amounting to anything are pretty slim. It's nothing to lose sleep over is my point.

As for James Carpenter himself, I like the pick. He'll play RT or OG and should start week one. We may need THREE OL so I wasn't surprised at all. I don't think Carimi is that much better than Carpenter (if at all) and I trust Schneider's board.

The reaction to this pick reminds me of the reaction to Logan Mankins and Roger Saffold.

ElectricEye
04-29-2011, 03:19 PM
The reaction to this pick reminds me of the reaction to Logan Mankins and Roger Saffold.

Yup. Offensive line rankings of NFL teams always have one MAJOR difference than the ones media and fans put out. It appears Carpenter plays that role this year. Every offensive line guy I know loves the guy.

HawkEye30
04-29-2011, 03:24 PM
There was absolutely nothing sexy left at that point. I was upset with:

A) the fact that Amukamara was so close to slipping to #25.

and

B) the fact that our front office clearly failed in an attempt to execute a trade-down. James Carpenter + a 4th rounder seems much better right now because it's draft weekend - but in reality, the chances of that 4th rounder amounting to anything are pretty slim. It's nothing to lose sleep over is my point.

As for James Carpenter himself, I like the pick. He'll play RT or OG and should start week one. We may need THREE OL so I wasn't surprised at all. I don't think Carimi is that much better than Carpenter (if at all) and I trust Schneider's board.

I was pissed cam jordan went right before us too.

gpngc
04-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Yup. Offensive line rankings of NFL teams always have one MAJOR difference than the ones media and fans put out. It appears Carpenter plays that role this year. Every offensive line guy I know loves the guy.

Seahawks fans are pessimistic in part because the last time we made a pick like this we were promised a "10-year starter at center" and got a guy who probably should have been taken in the fifth round.

This year we get a guy at a boring position with no buzz whatsoever and no one is promising anything so I can understand the skepticism and lack of positivity around the selection.

In reality, it may have very well been the best pick at #25. I think I would have preferred Jimmy Smith, but I understand the concerns there. Other than passing on Smith, I have no regrets about going OL and to add on to what you said, word is the Packers had Carpenter rated above Sherrod and Carimi as well.

And I'm not a blind Seahawks homer. I blasted them after the 2009 debacle. I think the negativity surrounding this pick comes from:

a) not a sexy position
b) ignorance of the actual player (the people who say the "r" word probably don't know who he is)
c) Chris Spencer
d) inability of the front office to trade down when they clearly wanted to

Realistically, none of that will matter when Carpenter steps on the field and actually creates some creases in the running game (look at Lynch's pitiful regular season YPC).

Smash28Dash34
04-29-2011, 04:04 PM
The Carolina Panthers select Cam Newton...

My Reaction: Well, at least I have the experience of going through a 2-14 season, because were due for more over the next 5 years.

MidwestJimmy
04-29-2011, 04:08 PM
I was like James Carpenter? Who the **** is James Carpenter?! (quickly does a wiki search of James Carpenter.) ****. **** why?!!!!!!!!!!

I heard of James Carpenter, but I had him at 91 on my board. The dark aqua took him at 25. That's a reach and a half. But there's hope for Seahawks fans. The last time somebody went in Round 1 that I never heard of, it was Nnambi Asomugha and Nick Barnett in the same draft. Asomugha is a top talent, and Barnett is solid. So maybe Carpenter will be all right.

HawkEye30
04-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Seahawks fans are pessimistic in part because the last time we made a pick like this we were promised a "10-year starter at center" and got a guy who probably should have been taken in the fifth round.

This year we get a guy at a boring position with no buzz whatsoever and no one is promising anything so I can understand the skepticism and lack of positivity around the selection.

In reality, it may have very well been the best pick at #25. I think I would have preferred Jimmy Smith, but I understand the concerns there. Other than passing on Smith, I have no regrets about going OL and to add on to what you said, word is the Packers had Carpenter rated above Sherrod and Carimi as well.

And I'm not a blind Seahawks homer. I blasted them after the 2009 debacle. I think the negativity surrounding this pick comes from:

a) not a sexy position
b) ignorance of the actual player (the people who say the "r" word probably don't know who he is)
c) Chris Spencer
d) inability of the front office to trade down when they clearly wanted to

Realistically, none of that will matter when Carpenter steps on the field and actually creates some creases in the running game (look at Lynch's pitiful regular season YPC).

Not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but what is the 'r' word?

GoRavens
04-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Who is James Carpenter?! (quickly does a wiki search)
*I had him at 91 on my board.
-_-

So you had him #91 on your board but you've never heard of him?

gpngc
04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but what is the 'r' word?

What people screamed when Lofa Tatupu was projected as a fifth rounder and went in the second round.

ncst8fan83
04-29-2011, 04:29 PM
-_-

lay off the weed. he was "quoting" someone but failing rather badly.

SilentJaguar
04-29-2011, 04:32 PM
I wanted to punch something, but I didn't want to get in a wreck as I was driving at the time. -_-

Vaylor
04-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Ah they must like Solder.

niel89
04-29-2011, 04:41 PM
I was mixed on Jimmy Smith. I hate the character concerns but he is a legit talent. I went from severe meh to liking him.

GaMeTiMe
04-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Watkins? Safe, not sorry. Pretty typical of the Eagles. We get a day-1 starter at a position we value highly. Interested to see what this does to our o-line as I'm already hearing Watkins at LG, McGlynn at RG and Herremans kicking out to RT for the first time in his career.

Would've loved Jimmy Smith but we apparently were scared off and I can't blame them for that. Don't see how they could've made a better pick otherwise.

It really depends on what they do today.

Smash28Dash34
04-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Watkins? Safe, not sorry. Pretty typical of the Eagles. We get a day-1 starter at a position we value highly. Interested to see what this does to our o-line as I'm already hearing Watkins at LG, McGlynn at RG and Herremans kicking out to RT for the first time in his career.

Would've loved Jimmy Smith but we apparently were scared off and I can't blame them for that. Don't see how they could've made a better pick otherwise.

It really depends on what they do today.

All day I had to listen to Eagles fans on the radio b***h about how they wanted Jimmy Smith or Gabe Carimi. Do they not realize they are getting a day 1 starter? Wish there was more intelligent Eagles fans like you Game.

HawkEye30
04-29-2011, 04:50 PM
What people screamed when Lofa Tatupu was projected as a fifth rounder and went in the second round.

gotchya man

The_Dude
04-29-2011, 09:33 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/rj1lj9.jpg

Greatest post ever?

ElectricEye
04-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Mallet;
http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/085/900/original/6648_ac5f.jpeg

Hurricanes25
04-29-2011, 09:39 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1899716/tiger-woods-sm-fist-pump-o.gif

Wilkerson and Ellis. That was my reaction.

Dam8610
04-29-2011, 09:40 PM
1st Round - "Dammit, Carimi and Sherrod are better and won't be overpowered. Hope the Colts can get Castonzo stronger."

2nd Round - "Wait, Polian traded up? Who's he going for? YES! THERE'S THE LT OF THE FUTURE!"

3rd Round - "Awesome, great value, hopefully he and Moala can wreak havoc together for a few years."

GaMeTiMe
04-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Jaiquawn Jarrett - Ok this is a guy I knew they really liked and obviously loved, possible immediate starter

Curtis Marsh - He'll be fine as a day-one starter with our OL-coach-turned-DB-coach showing him the ropes!

49ersfan_87
04-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Colin Kaepernick- I loved this one. Great pick. QB with great physical tools, needs work but will have some good QB coaching.

Chris Culliver- WTF? No idea who this is. Doing research he seems like a Round 4-5 guy. Has some nice physical tools, will have to be coached up.

Rabscuttle
04-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Relieved that Baalke/Harbaugh trusted what they saw and weren't compelled to take a qb they didn't believe in.

Content with Aldon Smith, understand passing on Quinn.

DoughBoy
04-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Jake Locker: Smiled
Akeem Ayers: Smiled
Jurrell Casey: jizzed mah pants

RufusMcDaniel
04-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Locker
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/Tischkante/Animated%20Gifs/AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

Ayers
http://oi51.tinypic.com/24n2t78.jpg

Casey
http://oi51.tinypic.com/33b1kpg.jpg

Jensen
04-29-2011, 10:06 PM
http://oi56.tinypic.com/2ef43yr.jpg

DallCowby1
04-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Tyron Smith - Fist Pump
Bruce Carter - Huh?
DeMarco Murray - P'od

Pat Sims 90
04-29-2011, 10:14 PM
AJ Green and Andy Dalton made me cream my pants.

Dontay Moch i liked also but it did not make me cream my pants

Philliez01
04-29-2011, 10:28 PM
My high school friend is going to my favorite team, I am drinking merrily with my friends. I am ecstatic. WOOOOO

phlysac
04-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Aldon Smith...

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3443/smitho.png

Colin Kaepernick...

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1773/kaep.gif

Chris Culliver...

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5664/culliver.gif

SilentJaguar
04-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Updated!

Gabbert: http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/ShadowReplication/5.png

Rackley: http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/ShadowReplication/21jn66a.gif

It's like a Tale of Two Rounds... heh.

DcmRulz
04-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Ponder:
http://djmehdi.coolcats.fr/wp-content//wtf-face.jpg

Rudolph:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fXnYNX4u9oM/TQ6TX61ZhQI/AAAAAAAAAPo/DaneXUzZnYw/s1600/sad-baby.jpg

Rudolph's good, but i mean, there are REAL needs on this team.

Nalej
04-29-2011, 11:30 PM
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That sums up day two

MikeTheDudeV2
05-01-2011, 02:31 AM
I've been resigned to Cam going to us for at least a month now. So I was kinda numb to the whole ordeal. And then I tried to give myself a positive spin by looking at all of his positives. I really want this pick to pan out, but I just am not sure.

Docta
05-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Carimi - How the hell did this guy fall to us?
Paea - Meh.
Conte - Was happy about it since we needed a SS, until I realized that he's not a SS.
Enderle - Why waste a pick on a definite back-up when you have so many other needs?
Thomas - Undersized. Why not just play with 2 LB's and 5 DB's?

BigBanger
05-01-2011, 04:42 AM
Aldon Smith http://i55.tinypic.com/2ytp4cy.gif

Colin Kaepernick http://i55.tinypic.com/2ytp4cy.gif

AntoinCD
05-01-2011, 05:25 AM
Solder-Thought i'd be angry with it. Definitely preferred him over Castonzo but Prince Amukamara was still there. Im thinking upside with this pick. Solder has virtually no ceiling and he will get amazing coaching with Scarnecchia.

Dowling-I was actually pretty high on Dowling and on thinking about it Im surprised he wasn't linked to the Pats. Played under Al Groh for three years and offers a lot of versatility in the secondary.

Vereen-I had a few RBs rated more highly but his specific skillset fits in perfectly with what the Pats want to do. I was ok with this pick.

Ridley-WTF??? I understand the logic but in the third round? Not a fan

Mallett-I actually laughed and Im not sure if it was out of frustration or thinking Belichick was a genius. Almost no risk involved but may have been better suited making a pick who will see the field.

wicket
05-01-2011, 05:26 AM
Cameron Jordan
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/81555/lala-o.gif

Mark Ingram
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/762044/ffffuuuuu-epic-rage-o.gif

Martez Wilson
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/760779/carlton-dance-o.gif

Johnny Patrick
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb417/mikepl92/jags.gif

Greg Romeus
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/1033308/o-face-o.gif

Nate Bussey
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/278060/whatevea-i-do-what-i-want-o.gif

Miaoww
05-01-2011, 07:43 AM
umDr0mPuyQc

+1 for the Newton pick, even though I knew it was coming.

Monomach
05-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Jurrell Casey: jizzed mah pants

For real. This guy was criminally underrated. Wanted him as a Bear, but we got Paea, so I'm even happier.

MidwestJimmy
05-02-2011, 05:19 PM

Sorry for the confusion. The Seahawks fan I was referring to never heard of Carpenter, just like I didn't know who Asumugha and Barnett were when they were drafted.

PoopSandwich
05-02-2011, 05:20 PM
"lol He Could Eat People"