PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day Surprises Thread

shylo3716
04-29-2011, 02:48 PM
A.J. Green-Would be an excellent pick if Palmer was guaranteed to come back, but this was a bad pick if Palmer does not return. They should have went Gabbert. Who is gonna throw A.J. the ball now LIL Palmer?????

Patrick Peterson-I figured he would go in the top 7, but to Arizona was a bit interesting when they had greater needs. Can't argue with going BPA

Julio Jones-Had no idea Atlanta would jump that high for another target to pair with Roddy.

Jake Locker-Only Locker fans would have believed he would go before Gabbert.

Christian Ponder-Before the season started I said he was a 1st Rounder, but I had no clue the Senior Bowl would make him skyrocket back up the boards. Really like the pick.

Nick Fairley-Fairley & Suh = Trouble Trouble Trouble! I expect the best run stop defense for years to come.

Prince Amukamara-Never thought he would be such a drop off with everyone beong so high on him. I am really glad he did not fall to us. Not a Prince fan.

Danny Watkins-This one caught me by surprise, with CB being our greatest need with Hobbs gone now. Andy has a lot of work to do now.

James Carpenter-No one seen this coming at all.

Mark Ingram-It really was looking like he was going to be a 2nd Rounder. What kind of message is this for Bush?

Basileus777
04-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Greg Toler is the Cards #2 corner, it was definitely a need for them.

GoRavens
04-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Cam going #1 truly surprised me,
If I was Jimmy Clausen I'd try to get traded to Indianapolis.
Take a pay cut, learn from the best, and become good again.
Swag

shylo3716
04-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Ras-I Dowling-Would have never thought he would be the 1st DB off the board in the 2nd Round especially to New England. He will be great for years to come under Belichek.

Da'Quan Bowers-His knee should have never been an issue! McGahee cameback strong. This was a major drop off.

Jaiquawn Jarrett-I don't know what we have been thinking not taking Harris when he was on the board.

Greg Little-Character concerns must not have been an issue since he went in the 2nd.

Brandon Harris-One of if not the best fluid CB in the draft. Height may have been the issue for dropping off.

Justin Houston-Was considered a 1st Rounder. This is a disappointing drop off.

Ryan Mallett-The best pick that could have been made for him. He will learn behind one of the greatest to ever play the game. I expect Mallett to be an ELITE guy.

DeMarcus Van Dyke-Not a surprised at all. Raiders=Fastest combine player. Oaklnd fans will hate me forever for Mocking DVD there before the draft.

vidae
04-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Justin Houston-Was considered a 1st Rounder. This is a disappointing drop off.

Not disappointing for Chiefs fans!

coordinator0
04-30-2011, 10:31 AM
A.J. Green-Would be an excellent pick if Palmer was guaranteed to come back, but this was a bad pick if Palmer does not return. They should have went Gabbert. Who is gonna throw A.J. the ball now LIL Palmer?????

They did draft Dalton in the 2nd round.

shylo3716
04-30-2011, 10:42 AM
They did draft Dalton in the 2nd round.

Dude I posted that before the 2nd Round

Grizzlegom
04-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Jonas Mouton. Only player that I'm SHOCKED is off the board right now. Never saw him higher than 6th round on anyone's board.

coordinator0
04-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Dude I posted that before the 2nd Round

Yeah, I saw that after I posted lol.

RealityCheck
04-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Jonas Mouton. Only player that I'm SHOCKED is off the board right now. Never saw him higher than 6th round on anyone's board.
Mouton wasn't even on my Top 255.

Chargerfn909
04-30-2011, 11:44 AM

Yea, I am still trying to figure this one out man.

shylo3716
05-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Roy Helu-Decent back on the collegiate level, but I seen better backs that could have went ahead of him.

Taiwan Jones-Surprise but not much of a surprise, because Al Davis ALWAYS takes speed. Should be interesting to see how he fits in the rotation with McFadden.

Rashad Carmichael-Don't know how much he will play with Houston with them taking Harris 1st, could help out in the return game with the special teams unit.

Jamie Harper-Smash & Dash 2.0??????

Robert Sands-All the physical tools are there so I have no idea why he went to the 5th.

Marcus Cannon-Wowed at the combine & would have been a higher pick if not for the rumors. He will be in a very good situation playing under Belichick.

Jacquizz Rodgers-Very very smurf-like I'm quite sure he will be there only for pass catching situations.

Dion Lewis-Westbrook 2.0? Lewis is a hard worker, but I would have preferred Noel Devine.

Chykie Brown-A lot of people were high on him, & I think he should have went higher.

Tyrod Taylor-Big disappointment for him to slide this far. He should have at least went ahead of 3 QBs who went before him. Really did not understand the pick, because Troy Smith was kind've the "same" typ of player & they got rid of him. This will be a learning curve for Tyrod, because he will not see any action behind Flacco.

Ronald Johnson-Would havewent higher if it were not for injuries.

Greg McElroy-Will be a very good serviceable QB behind Sanchez. Very smart player on & off the field. I can almost see a Matt Cassel type of situation for him.

Jeremy Beal-Workouts must have really been disappointing for him to go in the 7th. Earlier on his was a 1st-2nd Round projection. Is he a DE or LB?

SolidGold
05-01-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't get why Rodgers was drafted and Devine wasn't, Devine is the much more explosive player of the two.

TheMorningZoo
05-01-2011, 04:17 PM

Yea, I am still trying to figure this one out man.

Mouton wasn't even on my Top 255.

Ugh I am still trying to figure this head scratcher out. I understand AJ obviously wanted to shore up special teams...But come on dude, quit making garbage reaches each year in the Draft. People still think AJ is a Draft Guru for the deal he pulled off with the Rivers/Manning trade, but he has whiffed so much recently on some picks.

In my eyes Corey Liuget is better suited in an even front. I think just about everyone would agree with me on that, it is more fact than opinion. Yes he was a top 20 value so I can't hate on the pick entirely, but I think most would agree Cameron Jordan should have been the selection. In the second or even third we could have had Sam Acho who I think will be a terrific player in the league, but instead we take Mouton. He wasn't rated highly, is undersized, and while people praise him for his tackling abilities-we could have had other options that could have played a more vital role than just ST.

Realistically my favorite picks were Shareece Wright and Todman, but knowing we could have had a lot of other "decorated" and "valued" picks just makes me lose more faith in the Charger FO