PDA

View Full Version : What is the market for Kevin Kolb?

49ersfan_87
04-29-2011, 09:30 PM
We can take the following QB needy teams out of the Kolb sweepstakes

-Panthers (Newton)
-Titans (Locker)
-Jaguars (Gabbert)
-Vikings (Ponder)
-Bengals (Dalton)
-49ers (Kaepernick)

As well, Arizona is supposed to have an "understanding" with Marc Bulger. Buffalo will probably roll with Ryan Fitzpatrick. That potentially leaves...

-Miami (Will Tony Sparano put his job on the line for Chad Henne? Could they sign Vince Young in FA?)
-Washington (Will they trade for an Eagles QB 2 years in a row?)
-Seattle (Will they re-sign Hasselbeck and/or roll with Whitehurst again?)

Seems like the market dwindled heavily as 6 teams tried to address their QB need in the draft.

JBCX
04-29-2011, 09:44 PM
The lockout f'ed up any chances Kolb had of being traded. The NFL won't resume business until late into August at this point, and no team will want to trade for a QB that late into the season.

SickwithIt1010
04-29-2011, 10:06 PM
The lockout f'ed up any chances Kolb had of being traded. The NFL won't resume business until late into August at this point, and no team will want to trade for a QB that late into the season.

Hes still going to get traded man.

phlysac
04-29-2011, 10:27 PM
If you believe the rumors Kolb is being traded to the 49ers for Aldon Smith or to the Cardinals for Patrick Peterson.

lulz x infinity

SickwithIt1010
04-29-2011, 10:49 PM
If you believe the rumors Kolb is being traded to the 49ers for Aldon Smith or to the Cardinals for Patrick Peterson.

lulz x infinity

Who said that? No one has said that.

phlysac
04-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Who said that? No one has said that.

Paul Domotowich of the Philadelphia News said...
Kevin Kolb is going to San Fran and Aldon Smith will be coming to Philly as soon as trades are green-lighted.
http://twitter.com/#%21/pdomo

and also said...
they've agreed to a wink-and-nod deal that will be culminated once trades are legal again. The Cardinals took the draft's best cornerback, Patrick Peterson of LSU, with the fifth pick. How nice would he look at right cornerback opposite Asante Samuel.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20110429_Paul_Domowitch__Kolb_remains_with_Eagles_ _for_now.html (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20110429_Paul_Domowitch__Kolb_remains_with_Eagles_ _for_now.html)

He's an idiot. Like Jason LaCanfora-type idiot.

BeerBaron
04-29-2011, 11:13 PM
That's just idiotic. Kolb is not worth a top 5 or 10 pick.

descendency
04-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Every year someone needs a new QB. When bad teams get great QBs the teams with average QBs become bad.

Every year the standard for QB play goes up. So, guys with "ok" QBs (see Buffalo) are going to be looking for QB soon. I think whoever wants him is already focused on him though and has probably a wink nod agreement. If you see a team making stupid picks, that's probably for another team to trade for Kolb.

edit: I guess some others have already wrote what I was just saying (I was just thinking about Aldon Smith and the 49ers)

SickwithIt1010
04-29-2011, 11:31 PM
As much as I would love to believe that the Cards drafted Peterson so that they could trade him to us for Kolb, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

descendency
04-29-2011, 11:33 PM

I agree with you, but I'm not saying that to Jim Harbaugh. Harbaugh is 20 times the QB evaluator than I will ever be.

BeerBaron
04-29-2011, 11:35 PM
I agree with you, but I'm not saying that to Jim Harbaugh. Harbaugh is 20 times the QB evaluator than I will ever be.

Unless he plays on playing Kaepernick at WR or something, there is no way they trade their top 10 pick for Kolb with a 2nd rounder just invested in the position.

Plus, is Kolb really that much better than trying work with Alex Smith for a year? I say no.

SickwithIt1010
04-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Unless he plays on playing Kaepernick at WR or something, there is no way they trade their top 10 pick for Kolb with a 2nd rounder just invested in the position.

Plus, is Kolb really that much better than trying work with Alex Smith for a year? I say no.

I just feel that Smith might be mind ****** at this point. Benched off and on throughout his career. Multiple offensive schemes in which hes failed in almost all....it takes a toll.

Iamcanadian
04-30-2011, 01:17 AM
He'll get traded for a 1st and 4th in next year's draft. Likely destinations are:

Miami
Washington
Arizona
San Fran
Oakland
Seattle

Philly has little choice other than keeping him but I doubt his value will be as high after riding the bench behind Vick for a year.

BeerBaron
04-30-2011, 01:19 AM
I just feel that Smith might be mind ****** at this point. Benched off and on throughout his career. Multiple offensive schemes in which hes failed in almost all....it takes a toll.

They WILL NOT trade Aldon Smith for Kevin Kolb.

phlysac
04-30-2011, 06:44 AM

Why not? I'm sure Trent Cole and Brandon Graham think its a GREAT idea. lol

abaddon41_80
04-30-2011, 12:57 PM
The 49ers have no interest in Kolb, at all. Like someone said, why give up a ton to get Kolb when CK is supposed to be the QBOTF and you could just resign Alex Smith until then. Makes no sense

keylime_5
04-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Seattle of Miami. Most likely Seattle, they have one QB on contract, and it's charlie friggin whitehurst.

Splat
04-30-2011, 02:50 PM
He'll get traded for a 1st and 4th in next year's draft.

LOL @ any team that gives that much up.

keylime_5
04-30-2011, 03:26 PM
well if teams think he's a franchise QB (they do) then the price for one of those is a first round pick unless they are like 29 years old. Either they give up a first or a package of picks like Houston gave up for Schaub.

Splat
04-30-2011, 04:19 PM
A 2nd and a 4th I could see. A 1st and a 4th for a guy that has never started a full season no thanks.

Iamcanadian
04-30-2011, 06:41 PM
A 2nd and a 4th I could see. A 1st and a 4th for a guy that has never started a full season no thanks.

When Andy Reid says you are his starter and dumps McNabb, teams take notice. This isn't some 2nd string QB having a good game or 2, this is a young QB who was handed the starting job by one of the best HC's in the NFL who knows what he is doing.
I think they easily get a 1st and a 4th.

CashmoneyDrew
04-30-2011, 06:52 PM
When Andy Reid says you are his starter and dumps McNabb, teams take notice. This isn't some 2nd string QB having a good game or 2, this is a young QB who was handed the starting job by one of the best HC's in the NFL who knows what he is doing.

Teams don't base their decisions on what other coaches say. They trust their own personnel to make those decisions. Of course Reid is going to pimp his own players. He dropped McNabb because it was clear that boat had sailed in Philly. When you've got a younger guy who you invested a high pick in and then you can sucker a team out of good draft picks for a declining and aging QB, why not make that switch?

Kevin Kolb will never be anything more than an average starter in this league. At best. And any GM that trades a king's ransom for him like what you suggest will eventually and rightfully be fired for that decision.

SchizophrenicBatman
04-30-2011, 08:45 PM
I think Kolb's upside is mediocre at best but if Christian Ponder is worth #12 overall then Kolb is worth a top 10 pick

superman8456
05-01-2011, 12:16 AM

When the trade is completed, Atlanta and Houston will flip-flop first-round picks in April's draft, and Atlanta will receive Houston's second-round picks in 2007 and 2008. The deal will be announced Thursday. Houston has the No. 8 pick in the first round of the draft, while Atlanta is slotted 10th.

Matt Schaub didn't start a full season and he got that. I'd say this is in the same ballpark. Not to mention, a rookie scale still hasn't been agreed upon so early draft picks aren't THAT appealing. I mean what owner wants to pay ridiculous amounts of guaranteed money to unproven players?

SickwithIt1010
05-01-2011, 01:06 AM

Never said they would. Just said Kolb might be a better QB that Smith.

Dont put words in my mouth :)

kthxbye

Finsfan79
05-01-2011, 01:27 AM
he doesnt really fit miami's offense we dont run the west coast so no thanks there let him go to seattle instead. besides I think he isnt any better then henne both had horrid years last year and both were "ok" before that. he isnt worth a 2nd let alone a 1st which will be top 10 most likely with or without him.

no thanks for miami rather just sign vince young and run the wild cat all day (which would super funny to watch at least as we failboat with our crappy coach and FO)

MidwayMonster31
05-01-2011, 01:40 AM
I think the Cardinals will end up with Kolb. Anything more than a third round pick for Kolb will be overpaying for him since there are plenty of QBs better than Kolb at this point.
They are going to try and win with running and stopping the pass behind Ryan Williams and Beanie Wells running to go with Peterson and DRC to cover the passing game. If they get decent quarterback play, they can compete in that division.

Splat
05-01-2011, 09:40 PM

And then had it taking away.

Just because Andy Reid (Who I Like) saw something that wasn't there shouldn't mean some one else should make the same mistake.

fenikz
05-02-2011, 09:29 PM
According to Seth Pollack of SB Nation Arizona reported today that before the lockout was abruptly back on last week, the Arizona Cardinals and Philadelphia Eagles had a deal in place to send Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb to Arizona in exchange for a 2012 NFL Draft first round pick. http://raisingzona.com/2011/05/02/more-rumors-on-arizona-cardinals-going-after-kevin-kolb/

not sure how to feel, obv if AZ feels he is the guy then a 1st rounder is worth it but just from my personal viewing and a lot of philly fans opinions it makes me uncertain

SickwithIt1010
05-02-2011, 10:09 PM
http://raisingzona.com/2011/05/02/more-rumors-on-arizona-cardinals-going-after-kevin-kolb/

not sure how to feel, obv if AZ feels he is the guy then a 1st rounder is worth it but just from my personal viewing and a lot of philly fans opinions it makes me uncertain

I dont think he has what it takes to be a stud QB in this league, but if you wanna give us a 1st for him....ill be more than happy to take it lol.

Rabscuttle
05-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Is it worth it for Arizona to take themselves out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes for Kolb?

Probably better to stay the course and tank the season a la the Penguins in their quest for Lemieux.

Splat
05-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Probably better to stay the course and tank the season.

http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/herm.jpg

J-Mike88
05-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I think Kolb's upside is mediocre at best but if Christian Ponder is worth #12 overall then Kolb is worth a top 10 pick
Good point.
(I didn't see anyone post this already, but I missed page 2. Peter King has been told that someone has offered Philly a #1 for next year already, for Cobb. I mean Kolb.)

draftgod
05-04-2011, 02:52 AM
6th round as a back-up. This has got to rank right up there with Seattle getting a 1st rounder for Rick Mirer...one of the greatest sell jobs ever. The guy has thrown more picks than touchdowns...

GaMeTiMe
05-04-2011, 03:47 AM
Kolb isn't worth a 1st rounder, and I'm an Eagle fan. I understand the importance of having that franchise QB is worth a 1st round pick, and that's why he'll get us one, but if we're going to haul a 1st and a 4th we'll turn those picks into a lot more production than the other team will get from him. At this point I'd bet on Arizona because it makes Fitzgerald much more likely to stay

Matthew Jones
05-04-2011, 08:15 AM
I can see how Kolb would be worth a first-rounder...a second at the least. He has already shown the ability to play in the NFL at a respectable level, and when you go back and look through the second-round quarterbacks chosen in recent years, you can see how trading for Kolb might be a better idea than drafting someone at that point:

2010: Jimmy Clausen (48)
2009: Pat White (44)
2008: Brian Brohm (56), Chad Henne (57)
2007: Kevin Kolb (36), John Beck (40), Drew Stanton (43)
2006: Kellen Clemens (49), Tarvaris Jackson (64)

SolidGold
05-04-2011, 08:36 AM
I heard Schefter said its pretty much a done deal to have Kolb shipped to AZ. If the Cardinals think he is worth it, I don't think its the worst deal in the world. I do think Beanie Wells will be the third RB option behind Williams and Hightower. It should also be interesting to see if AZ addresses the o-line in Free Agency as well.

Hines
05-04-2011, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't waste a first round pick on an average quarterback. Small sample size, I know, but I'm not sold that he can be anything other than average.

king2am
05-04-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't like this for Arizona - if indeed they do it - and this is coming from a Niners fan. As many have already stated, there's nothing really that jumps off the film from this guy. Solid? Sure. Worth a 1st and a 4th? That seems way too steep.

The scariest thing in terms of acquiring him is, not only will you have to pay the 1st and 4th to Philly, but then you have to give him the franchise quarterback contract that he's going to want.

Big Bird
05-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Maybe the Cleveland Browns? (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/690968-browns-new-quarterback-is-kevin-kolb-cleveland-bound)

Can also view the story here. (http://thecovertwo.com/2011/05/kevin-kolb-to-arizona-think-again/)

GaMeTiMe
05-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Maybe the Cleveland Browns? (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/690968-browns-new-quarterback-is-kevin-kolb-cleveland-bound)

Can also view the story here. (http://thecovertwo.com/2011/05/kevin-kolb-to-arizona-think-again/)

Interesting. They did get a 1st and 4th from Atlanta..They will keep talking up McCoy but Heckert and Shurmur have had to at least discussed it

fenikz
05-04-2011, 07:17 PM
I heard Schefter said its pretty much a done deal to have Kolb shipped to AZ. If the Cardinals think he is worth it, I don't think its the worst deal in the world. I do think Beanie Wells will be the third RB option behind Williams and Hightower. It should also be interesting to see if AZ addresses the o-line in Free Agency as well.

Hightower is a FA if Wells isn't traded then I don't think he will be brought back, RB should be Ru Williams on 1 & 2 and Hyphen on 3rd downs

abaddon41_80
05-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Kolb is not going to the 49ers and the Cards are giving a 1st for him? Oh happy day.

draftgod
05-04-2011, 10:13 PM

Here's the problem....he played. And he sucked. Andy Reid is such a coy talent evaluator that he had to go against his word and bench "his guy" for the risky FA signing because he damn well he wasn't winning with Kolb. That said, you have to pump the guy up and try to seep every last drop of value from him. The stats don't lie though...the guy really isn't that good and its verrrrrry hard to make the case that he's a franchise QB. I pity the poor Cardinals if they hitch their wagon to Kolb.

Maybe you can't identify talent yourself, so you take the word of an NFL coach, but there's no excuse for another team to fall for this trick. Andy Dalton has a brighter future than Kevin Kolb.

SickwithIt1010
05-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Here's the problem....he played. And he sucked. Andy Reid is such a coy talent evaluator that he had to go against his word and bench "his guy" for the risky FA signing because he damn well he wasn't winning with Kolb. That said, you have to pump the guy up and try to seep every last drop of value from him. The stats don't lie though...the guy really isn't that good and its verrrrrry hard to make the case that he's a franchise QB. I pity the poor Cardinals if they hitch their wagon to Kolb.

Maybe you can't identify talent yourself, so you take the word of an NFL coach, but there's no excuse for another team to fall for this trick. Andy Dalton has a brighter future than Kevin Kolb.

He played half of the first game, got hurt.....and Vick played out of his mind. No one knows how we would have played with Kolb because he didnt play that much.

I would have benched him too with how Vick was playing. cmon man....I dont like Kolb but none of what you said there was true.

draftgod
05-04-2011, 11:05 PM
He threw 7 touchdowns to 7 interceptions. He looked like a 7th round rookie being thrown into the fire against GB and looked absolutely clueless and skittish. I was dancing on Philly's grave thinking that guy was gonna start 16 games. You rundown for me how he amassed 7 picks and 6 fumbles over what little action he saw, but yet he's a great QB and a franchise cornerstone. He has 0 arm. He took Desean Jackson completely out of the gameplan. If you can make a case for the guy other than saying he got hurt, go for it. He still managed an ugly statline. There is no other QB amassing those stats and looking that weak in the pocket in year 4 that anyone would consider anything but a scrub.

JBCX
05-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Again, it's not what you think of Kolb that matters. It's what the GM of the team trading for him thinks Kolb will *become* on his team that matters.

All it takes is *one* GM to say "This guy could step in and be my franchise QB right away, I think he is worth a 1st round draft pick", and the deal is done. Just because you think he sucks does not mean that there isn't a GM out there who thinks otherwise.

draftgod
05-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Where does my argument say there won't be a GM that trades for him? That was never my argument..you following me? I said all of the evidence state pretty clearly he's a marginal NFL QB. Let's trade a 1st for John Beck and John Skelton too while we're at it. The point is...no one should be trading a 1st. I have no doubt someone will...teams make idiotic assessments all the time. I remember the Texans thinking Jacques Reeves was a starting caliber CB when he was toasted repeatedly in Dallas. I just can't justify it myself.

JBCX
05-04-2011, 11:31 PM
So you think Kevin Kolb isn't worth a first rounder... great. When you become the GM of an NFL team someday, maybe then your opinion, will, you know, actually matter?

draftgod
05-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Lol like anyones opinion on here matters. You need to get over it...we disagree on the value of Kevin Kolb, though you did nothing in the way of actually argue any of my points. All you did was get pissy and point out I'm not a GM. Its ok...we can disagree on the matter and life will go on lol. If you wanna actually debate it sometime, stop back.

Rabscuttle
05-05-2011, 05:03 PM
So you think Kevin Kolb isn't worth a first rounder... great. When you become the GM of an NFL team someday, maybe then your opinion, will, you know, actually matter?

Opinions that matter would mean those that fall in line with yours? Going to be a pretty boring message board if it's just one big circle jerk until the NFL gm's start posting here.

alexthegr8
05-06-2011, 08:57 AM

I actually agree with every bit of this (including the Dalton comparison.) It's one thing to have a qb with physical limitations, there have been plenty of qbs with average arm strength that have found success in the NFL, but Kolb seems to lack the grittiness and pocket awareness to be a top level starter in the NFL. If you don't have arm strength, you better damn well have moxie in spades. You also need to have other areas of your game that are so highly developed as to make up for the lack of a big-time arm (excellent accuracy, some type of playmaking ability, high end cerebral ability.) I don't really see any of that in Kolb's game. Kolb has good accuracy, he seems to think the game decently well, he has some poise in the pocket. To me, that's not good enough.

In regard to the Dalton comparison, I think Dalton has a better arm than Kolb, and is far tougher in the pocket. I've seen Dalton repeatedly feel free blitzers or dlineman bearing down on him and stand directly in the pocket, make an accurate throw before absorbing a mammoth hit. From an intangible standpoint, Dalton has a meantal toughness about him that's rare imo, and apart from Kolb being the more developed of the two, if I was making the decision on who I'd want quarterbacking my team for the next 7 to 10 years, I'd go Dalton.

fenikz
05-06-2011, 04:23 PM
I actually agree with every bit of this (including the Dalton comparison.) It's one thing to have a qb with physical limitations, there have been plenty of qbs with average arm strength that have found success in the NFL, but Kolb seems to lack the grittiness and pocket awareness to be a top level starter in the NFL. If you don't have arm strength, you better damn well have moxie in spades. You also need to have other areas of your game that are so highly developed as to make up for the lack of a big-time arm (excellent accuracy, some type of playmaking ability, high end cerebral ability.) I don't really see any of that in Kolb's game. Kolb has good accuracy, he seems to think the game decently well, he has some poise in the pocket. To me, that's not good enough.

In regard to the Dalton comparison, I think Dalton has a better arm than Kolb, and is far tougher in the pocket. I've seen Dalton repeatedly feel free blitzers or dlineman bearing down on him and stand directly in the pocket, make an accurate throw before absorbing a mammoth hit. From an intangible standpoint, Dalton has a meantal toughness about him that's rare imo, and apart from Kolb being the more developed of the two, if I was making the decision on who I'd want quarterbacking my team for the next 7 to 10 years, I'd go Dalton.

lol what, anything you say now isn't credible

JBCX
05-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Andy Dalton's noodle arm makes Kevin Kolb look like Terry Bradshaw...

alexthegr8
05-06-2011, 06:10 PM
lol what, anything you say now isn't credible

That hurts my feelings fenikz. The whole point of me posting on this site was to bolster my credibility in your eyes.

alexthegr8
05-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Andy Dalton's noodle arm makes Kevin Kolb look like Terry Bradshaw...

Nothing anyone says should ever make you use Kolb and Bradhaw in the same sentence, even in relative terms. Literally nothing could make Kolb's arm look like anything approximating Bradshaw's arm. It's my belief based on watching the two play repeatedly that Dalton has a quicker release and a stronger arm than Kolb. You can disagree with me if you choose, it's just one man's opinion.

fenikz
05-06-2011, 06:13 PM
it very well should be

youre a Bengals fan i'm guessing? no one else would suggest that Dalton's arm is any stronger than a girl scout

alexthegr8
05-06-2011, 06:22 PM
it very well should be

youre a Bengals fan i'm guessing? no one else would suggest that Dalton's arm is any stronger than a girl scout

I'm a Skins fan (although my wife is a Bengals fan, so I have a tangential appreciation for some of the players on the team.) I'm pretty unbiased in my analysis of them and their players, I just happen to think that Dalton's arm is underrated by many.

Rabscuttle
05-06-2011, 08:10 PM
By the time Dalton plays his first game he's going to have an arm that's closer to Jeff George than Colt Brennan.

fenikz
05-06-2011, 08:27 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/061/508/whatisthis.png

alexthegr8
05-06-2011, 09:41 PM
By the time Dalton plays his first game he's going to have an arm that's closer to Jeff George than Colt Brennan.

The legend continues to grow, huh? I want to be clear, I'm not insinuating that Dalton has a big arm. I'm just saying that imo, it's better than many people give him credit for.

Iamcanadian
05-07-2011, 09:32 AM
According to NFLN, the Eagles are actually desperate to trade him ASAP. Next year, they would have to franchise him in order to retain his rights before trading him and the average salary of the top 5 QB's will be prohibitive and make him a lot less attractive to other teams.
The Eagles are trying hard to drum up business now and spreading rumours hoping to get as much as possible but I doubt most of the rumours are true. We'll know as soon as the CBA is settled.

gouldo
05-08-2011, 06:47 AM

Kolb is not worth a 1st round pick. Period.

I hope he doesnt go to Miami either. I would prefer Henne or VY over Kolb.

bucfan12
05-08-2011, 09:50 AM
The team that trades a 1st round pick for Kolb will regret it. They'll be looking for a franchise QB within 2-3 years after the deal when they figure it out that he isn't a top starting QB in this league.

bucfan12
05-08-2011, 09:51 AM
The only way Kolb can be successful is if he goes to a team thats great around him. Excellent run game, o-line, WRs and defense. Basically, what Mark Sanchez is to the Jets.

descendency
05-08-2011, 10:36 AM
When you've got a younger guy who you invested a high pick in and then you can sucker a team out of good draft picks for a declining and aging QB, why not make that switch?

Because that young guy may not be any good?

Brothgar
05-08-2011, 10:47 AM
I tend to stay away from Andy Reid QBs. Based off from experience they tend to look a lot better in Philly than they do anywhere else.

mellojello
05-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Not that I was ever his biggest fan, but there's a lot of hate for Kolb on this thread.

fenikz
05-12-2011, 11:57 PM
thats kind of how this place works, tons of people overreact in 1 direction or another and the subject is more likely in the middle

CrankthatCrabtree
05-13-2011, 12:00 AM
I think Kolb is pretty terrible and will not succeed as an NFL QB, but that the Cards will trade a first rounder for him(at the min). It is def too bad for the Cards imo. really liked what they have going

JBCX
05-13-2011, 09:35 AM
I think Kolb is pretty terrible and will not succeed as an NFL QB, but that the Cards will trade a first rounder for him(at the min). It is def too bad for the Cards imo. really liked what they have going

Because whichever player they select with that first round pick will be so much more valuable to them than a potential franchise QB, right?

People Waaaaaay over-value draft picks nowadays. I guess it's to be expected on a forum named "Draftcountdown", however.

Iamcanadian
05-13-2011, 10:34 AM
I have no doubt Kolb will be a solid starter in this league, a true franchise QB, no, but a very decent starter quite capable of taking a team to the playoffs. He would have fetched a 1st round pick and likely a 4th rounder as well, but as the lockout continues, his value will decrease especially if it lasts till late August. He will be at least as solid a pro as Schaub.

bucfan12
05-20-2011, 05:57 PM
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4151/kevin-kolb

Michael Lombardi from the NFL Network has said it best and sees what I actually see of Kolb. He's not going to be worth the 1st round pick and contract that the Arizona Cardinals are going to give up. He hasn't played like a 1st round pick nor elite QB, which is what a 1st round pick is worth. I agree that the Eagles would have been a 6 or 7 win team at best if Kolb was the starter throughout the season.

Arizona is making a huge mistake if all is true that they will surrender a 1st round pick. To me, he honestly hasn't showed he's capable of being a top notch starter in this league. He's somewhat like Sanchez, only I give Sanchez an edge over him.