04-30-2011, 05:32 AM
They've traded back multiple times and turned 10th overall into:

round 1: 16th
round 3: 79th
round 4: 127th
round 5: 146th
round 6: 152nd
round 7: 217th

As a Redskins fan its really exciting to have the front office be patient and acquire a lot more picks. As of right now the redskins have 13 draft picks

the natural
04-30-2011, 11:04 AM
..was the best quarterback prospect to come along in the last decade, who also happens to have matinee idol charisma and cool. Also, if Gabbert went to Washington he would be the smartest politician in the city from day one, and he is still just 21 years old. But he got lucky.

CashmoneyDrew
04-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Jesus Christ. He's been drafted. Let it go and get bent.

BuddyCHRIST
04-30-2011, 11:41 AM
..was the best quarterback prospect to come along in the last decade, who also happens to have matinee idol charisma and cool. Also, if Gabbert went to Washington he would be the smartest politician in the city from day one, and he is still just 21 years old. But he got lucky.

this guy is funnny

Monomach
04-30-2011, 12:13 PM

Agree 100%. Gabbert is pretty much better than Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, and Willie Beaman all rolled into one. Will be shocked if he doesn't win the next 8 super bowls, tbh.

onejayhawk
04-30-2011, 03:05 PM
I'll give it to you. This is exactly what a team in their situation should do. They have been doing a solid job adding players as well.

J

initial_flo
04-30-2011, 03:41 PM
john beck ..

SolidGold
04-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Quanity over Quality...hopefully some of them stick and add youth to the roster. Still blows my mind they didn't even draft a qb.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Quanity over Quality...hopefully some of them stick and add youth to the roster. Still blows my mind they didn't even draft a qb.

past stanzi there was no point.

Iamcanadian
04-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Well, if they cannot find a decent QB in FA, they be picking in the top 5 next year, maybe for the next 3 drafts.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Well, if they cannot find a decent QB in FA, they be picking in the top 5 next year, maybe for the next 3 drafts.

not if we get Andrew luck haha.

Iamcanadian
04-30-2011, 05:49 PM
not if we get Andrew luck haha.

On average, it takes QB's at least 3 seasons to reach a really productive stage.
Besides, how do you know how the scouts and GM's feel about Luck, all we have is a few guru's opinions.
How do you know he didn't go back to school because the NFL Advisory Board didn't give him a high 1st round grade.
Leinert fell to # 10 the following year and Locker fell to #8, after they returned to school.
A couple of people say Luck is special and everybody jumps on the bandwagon like Lemmings, nobody questions its validity.
How close to the early original 2011 top 10 does the reality match after the draft is complete. Quite a bit of difference since last December.

CashmoneyDrew
04-30-2011, 05:56 PM
On average, it takes QB's at least 3 seasons to reach a really productive stage.
Besides, how do you know how the scouts and GM's feel about Luck, all we have is a few guru's opinions.
How do you know he didn't go back to school because the NFL Advisory Board didn't give him a high 1st round grade.
Leinert fell to # 10 the following year and Locker fell to #8, after they returned to school.
A couple of people say Luck is special and everybody jumps on the bandwagon like Lemmings, nobody questions its validity.
How close to the early original 2011 top 10 does the reality match after the draft is complete. Quite a bit of difference since last December.

I didn't know you were a hipster IAC. Not a fan of Luck just because he's too popular?

If you honest to God don't think he was going to be the number one pick in this draft, then I just have no words.

SolidGold
04-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Did you watch Luck play IAC? The growth from his first to second season was astounding. He is highly intelligent and is the prototype QB. He is the consensus number 1 overall player in the draft for 2012

SeanTaylorRIP
04-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Luck is one of the best prospects in the last 15 years.

CashmoneyDrew
04-30-2011, 06:09 PM

I doubt you're watching this because it's not NFLN and you'll probably poo poo this because this isn't your boys Casserly or Mayock's opinion but Kiper is talking right now about the juicy studliness of Luck. Adam Schefter as well.

BigBanger
04-30-2011, 06:10 PM
You are the most worthless poster on this site. I don't think you've ever uttered one subjective thought. Outside of citing a couple goons from NFLN on a daily basis, what do you do?

You question Luck's validity, but since you haven't seen him play, you just simply question it and call other people lemmings. That's great logic you bozo. Go ahead and question it. Break down his weaknesses. What will cause him to fall?

Thanks for your "on average" statistic. That's not completely vague and worthless. Luck has been productive in his first year, and really productive his second year. I'm pretty sure you could have googled his stats. Once you get them, you should post them. I know I'd love to see them, because I'm positive they would look "really productive."

That's what you need to feel like an opinion can be validated? What a scout or GM thinks? Because they're never wrong.

WCH
04-30-2011, 11:12 PM

I like your sarcasm. I appreciate ALL sarcasm.

Saints-Tigers
04-30-2011, 11:34 PM

So if they took one this year, they'd only be picking in the top 5 for 2 years?

I like how you act like passing on a QB means you'll never take one for the next 10 years.

You and thenatural's shtick are so tired and annoying now, but at least he grows the legend of Gabbert by the day, yours is just stale.

dannyz
04-30-2011, 11:49 PM
I think the Redskins were Drafting to get Luck. If Gabbert was in a good QB Class like Next Year he would be a 2ND Rounder. I think the Redskins were Drafting to get Weapons for Luck next year.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-30-2011, 11:56 PM
I think Shanny viewed Locker as the only franchise QB. So hey if you dont' think Gabbert, Ponder, Dalton, are franchise QB's which I don't, why waste a pick when you have so many other needs. I said it before the draft but simply drafting a QB for the sake of drafting it is dumb. I'll gladly take a potential starting WR like Leonard Hankerson over people saying we shoulld have drafted Stanzi. Look with Stanzi in a year you'd still be looking for a franchise QB, might as well draft that guy like Hankerson who could be a long term starter.

JBCX
05-01-2011, 12:06 AM
The Redskins had a very good draft, overall, minus the QB issue, obviously. If they had a competent QB on the roster this draft would have been a grand slam.

PossibleCabbage
05-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Definitely, any time you're a bad team because your roster is old, depleted, untalented, in transition or whatever I have to give you credit for trading down as long as you're making fair deals and you're not just randomly squandering picks. So I have to give props to both the Browns and the Redskins for their draft maneuverings. When you're bad, quantity over quality is the way to go.

Good teams, like the Patriots, are not always best served by constantly trading back IMO.

FUNBUNCHER
05-01-2011, 12:57 AM

It's hard to project what team in 2011 is going to implode because of the lockout and having less time to get its players ready for the season. Add to that a team suffering a major injury to their QB, and it's a crapshoot which franchise has the inside track for Luck in April.

I will say this about Luck, IMO his stock isn't going to fall one bit, based on how the guys in this class were regarded who weren't a 1/5th IMO the QB Luck already is.

Since I watch a lot of Va Tech, they've become my my early indicator of how good certain teams/players are nationally.

WHen the Hokies played USC 1st game of the year in 2004, you could see how much of an x-factor Reggie Bush was for that football team and the mental and physical toughness of that squad to travel across the country to play in a hostile environment in what was basically a home game for the Hokies.

After losing to Alabama by 10 points in 2009, as a fan you were blown away by how dominant Mark Ingram was and the overwhelming talent on the Tide D.

Those were all great eventual NC teams, but none of them did to the Hokies D what Luck did to Va Tech. I can't remember the last time ANY QB got off against Va Tech the way Luck did in the Orange Bowl. Firstly, the Cardinal 'team' was better than advertised, but for Luck to complete nearly 80 percent of his passes and complete 4 TD/1 INT, it's almost like Stanford was cheating.

The strength of Va Tech is their secondary, tons of great speed athletes who excel in man coverage. Luck dismembered them with 'slow' WRs and didn't look like he was trying that hard.

Luck isn't hype IMO. He's simply very advanced in his game as a college QB.

Rare accuracy, poised, processes the game extremely fast, even under pressure.

dannyz
05-01-2011, 01:18 AM
I think Luck would be the Type of QB the Redskins need. Not a Cam Newton "Come in and think he is the best player" Luck would come in Day 1 and be a Leader to a very Young Team.

WMD
05-01-2011, 01:22 AM
I just discovered that Mr. Luck was born in Washington DC.

The fix is in!

TonyGfortheTD
05-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Congratulations to the Redskins for not pissing down their leg for once on draft weekend!

the natural
05-01-2011, 01:38 AM
I just discovered that Mr. Luck was born in Washington DC.

The fix is in!

I think they're actually West Virginia hillbillys. You can tell by the chromosonal deficiency. But close enough to Washington, I suppose.