PDA

View Full Version : Can I Get Some Thoughts on the 49ers Draft?

49ersfan_87
04-30-2011, 06:16 PM
7- 3-4 OLB Aldon Smith
36- QB Colin Kaepernick
80- CB Chris Culliver
115- RB Kendall Hunter
163- OG Daniel Kilgore
182- WR Ronald Johnson
190- S Colin Jones
211- OLB Bruce Miller (will convert to FB)
239- OT/OG Mike Person
250- DB Curtis Holcomb

A lot of prospects i don't know much about other than the top 2...thoughts on this draft?

BaLLiN
04-30-2011, 06:27 PM
first two picks have great potential, don't think Culliver is anything more than a returner and nickel/dime player. Hunter is a solid pick, probably a guy who is brought in as a sturdy backup and maybe finds himself starting in a few seasons. I dont know what to think of the rest.

BigBanger
04-30-2011, 06:32 PM
I honestly would not be surprised if they missed on everyone but Aldon Smith. I'm gonna go ahead and call that a terrible draft.

Pat Sims 90
04-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Solid draft for the 9ers filled some needs. Think Kaepernick makes or breaks this draft for them.

edgrenade
04-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Ronald Johnson is an absolute STEAL in the 6th

SF Dolphin Fan
04-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Love the Kapernick pick. This guy will dominate in a few years with Harbaugh's coaching. Can never have enough pass rushers and Smith reminds me a lot of Jason Taylor. Honestly not sure on the other picks, but looks like this franchise is headed quickly in the right direction.

Babylon
04-30-2011, 08:54 PM
If someone said to me before the draft do you want Locker and Brooks Reed or Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick i'm going witb the first choice without hesitation. I didnt think Harbaugh would ever go after a QB who was more high profile than him (Locker, Gabbert), just my take.

Do like Ronald Johnson.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Bruce Miller to FB tells me that they should have drafted Marecic when they had a chance. Love Aldon he was my dream skins pick. Hate to be blunt but think Kaepernick will bust. Culliver was a reach, raw talent but I thought he was a late 4th at best, a bit of a tweener. Love the Rojo pick he'll be a nice slot. Kilgore was a nice pickup. Really like the Hunter pick I think he'll surprise some and be a featured back one day. Other picks are meh. Overally I give this draft a C+ with potential to be an A if Kaepernick and Culliver turn into quality starters. They are the definition of boom or bust.

phlysac
05-01-2011, 06:31 PM
211- OLB Bruce Miller (will convert to FB)

When I heard that, it blew my mind.

FUNBUNCHER
05-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Honestly I think the 49ers biggest need was QB and new HC. If any of these guys can add depth, great. If Aldon Smith becomes the next Charles Haley, awesome.

But IMO the core pieces are already in place for SF. They had enough talent to challenge for the playoffs in 2010.

J-Mike88
05-01-2011, 07:41 PM
If someone said to me before the draft do you want Locker and Brooks Reed or Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick i'm going witb the first choice without hesitation. I didnt think Harbaugh would ever go after a QB who was more high profile than him (Locker, Gabbert), just my take.

Do like Ronald Johnson.
Exactly ^^^^.
I'm expecting Kaepernick will be forgotten 3 drafts from now.
I think there's a better chance Alex blossoms into a capable starter who holds down the job for 4+ years than there is that Kaepernick turns into a good NFL QB.