PDA

View Full Version : Which Player Made the Worst Decision to Declare?

proshoota25
04-30-2011, 08:38 PM
^^^^ This? A guy who thought he was gunna go early, but got drafted late or didnt at all..... theres many of these guys every year.

My choice: Will Hill

SeanTaylorRIP
04-30-2011, 08:44 PM
^ Meh Will Hill is overrated and has so many character issues.

Lawrence Guy could have been a 2nd rounder if he went back to school and had a strong season. Tori Gurley should have went back to school, so many scouts are going to be showing up for Alshon and even Marcus Lattimore for the future that he would have so many chances to shine in front of scouts and would face constant one on one matchups. Instead he goes undrafted. Some other guys I don't really blame Darvin Adams for declaring. Coming off a strong national title campaign next year the Auburn pass game will be weak and will be run heavy. He probably thought he was a lock to be drafted. Darren Evans was definitely an idiot to declare. With Ryan Williams gone he could have had another 1000 yard season like early in his career and been a mid round pick, instead he goes undrafted. I'm just shocked that Ridley declaring proved to be a winning choice and situation. Lucky SOB.

SchizophrenicBatman
04-30-2011, 09:05 PM
On the other end of the spectrum, pretty much every UNC player who came back went much later than they were expected to go if they declared last year

descendency
04-30-2011, 09:10 PM
^^^^ This? A guy who thought he was gunna go early, but got drafted late or didnt at all..... theres many of these guys every year.

My choice: Will Hill

Will Hill was going to get kicked off the Florida team.

iowatreat54
04-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Tyler Sash.

Declared early to go get drafted in the 6th.

Someone had to have given him bad advice or lied to him or something...

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Kind of opposite: worst decision not to declare last year?

DeAndre McDaniel. Why wasn't he drafted? A sure-fire 1st/2nd rounder last year to undrafted...

SeanTaylorRIP
04-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Kind of opposite: worst decision not to declare last year?

DeAndre McDaniel. Why wasn't he drafted? A sure-fire 1st/2nd rounder last year to undrafted...

He is not great in coverage, really Gilchrist was a superior prospect. Plus he's a PR nightmare given the report that he choked his girlfriend, punched her in the chest, and threw her down a flight of stairs. I'm sure that was a huge red flag for every team. I think Jeron Johnson and Lefeged are bigger stories as being undrafted as they are better players than McDaniel without the character and injury concerns.

jrdrylie
04-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Georgia Tech had two guys declare (Jerrard Tarrant and Nick Claytor) but neither were drafted. Nobody is really sure why they declared in the first place.

ElectricEye
04-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Lawrence Guy for sure. The Packers got a hell of a get there, actually. Had he stayed in school he well could have gone in the second round like STRIP said.

Complex
04-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Noel Devine should not have listened to Deion, he should of went last year.

Deandre Brown should of stayed.

Mikey D
05-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Thomas Keiser. Left Stanford and a possible NC to not even get drafted.

TheMorningZoo
05-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Yeah as states Lawrence Guy. I go to ASU and initially when he declared I thought at WORST he would have been a 4th Rounder (more like late 2nd/3rd). But as the draft process went on he kind of fell off the radar and I am surprised he went in the 7th. People said he regressed over the past two years, but he is a good run stopper but just needs to have a better motor. The talent is their, he can be a steal and prove people wrong, but the lockout won't really help his cause.

wicket
05-01-2011, 04:07 PM

solid first post although it must be added that im pretty sure he did graduate already

ElectricEye
05-01-2011, 04:23 PM
I still think Keiser has a place in this league for sure. Probably was a bad move for him to come out though.

phlysac
05-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Two guys from my college team that are obvious good choices here...

Should have stayed for 2012 - Henry Hynoski - UDFA 2011

Should have left early in 2010 - Greg Romeus - 7th round 2011

fischbowl
05-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Two guys from my college team that are obvious good choices here...

Should have stayed for 2012 - Henry Hynoski - UDFA 2011

Should have left early in 2010 - Greg Romeus - 7th round 2011

Hynoski would have been the top FB in 2011, and he probably declared because of Dave Wannstedt's departure from Pitt. The fullback class this year was extremely cluttered with Owen Marecic, Stanley Havili, and Anthony Sherman all eligible and drafted. I'd like to see Hynoski follow Dave Wannstedt to Buffalo and possibly replace an ineffective Corey McIntyre as the starting fullback.

J-Mike88
05-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Lawrence Guy for sure. The Packers got a hell of a get there, actually. Had he stayed in school he well could have gone in the second round like STRIP said.
I don't understand why he lasted as long as he did.
He has size, skills, and had production.

Coming to Green Bay, he'll probably be our last DL on the roster and be allowed to develop. While getting paid a little bit for his efforts.
It might look like a poor decision now because it costs him draft position compared to 2012, but he'll be +$400K or something for the season, and one year closer to a big 2nd contract. I don't blame him, and he gets to go to a great team and play on real grass.

Docta
05-01-2011, 07:58 PM
I'll have to go with Romeus. Has back and knee injuries, and ended up going late in the 7th.

fenikz
05-01-2011, 08:08 PM

I entirely agree, that Sun Devils defense would be one of the best in the country and his stock would of rose because of it

Ozzy
05-01-2011, 08:18 PM
[quote]SeanTaylorRIP: He is not great in coverage, really Gilchrist was a superior prospect. Plus he's a PR nightmare given the report that he choked his girlfriend, punched her in the chest, and threw her down a flight of stairs. I'm sure that was a huge red flag for every team. I think Jeron Johnson and Lefeged are bigger stories as being undrafted as they are better players than McDaniel without the character and injury concerns.[quote]Really, that is sad to hear, if that is the case he deserves not to be drafted. Too bad, the kid can flat out play, and if he is so awful in coverage why did he have 15 INTs in his career and 20 pass breakups? Sure not ideal cover man but does not always have to be as a SS, oh well, will see if he gets onto a team.

Tori Gurley was a surprise he came out, especially with such a great South Carolina team coming back next year, when he first came out I was pretty surprised.

niel89
05-01-2011, 10:16 PM

I was a little shocked when I saw he declared. He is a good player but not a well know talent or anything.

aheineken
05-02-2011, 10:17 PM
DeAndre Brown - After an incredible freshman year, he had a subpar Soph year, and a terrible Junior year both riddled with injuries and off the field issues. He should have come back to prove himself as a senior.