MVP: Peyton Manning
Offensive Player of the Year: Peyton Manning
Defensive Player of the Year:
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Patrick Peterson
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Jake Locker
Coach of the Year: Raheem Morris
Comeback Player of the Year: Matthew Stafford
First Coach Fired: Marvin Lewis

Order is based on how I expect them to finish. And yes, I was a homer and said the Bears would win the Super Bowl.

1. Carolina Panthers- DE Quinton Couples UNC: I don't want to put Carolina here for the second year in a row, but I seriously think Cam Newton will be a disaster this season. Even though Andrew Luck is by far the top prospect in this draft, I seriously doubt they use their top pick on a QB three years in a row.

2. Arizona Cardinals- QB Andrew Luck Stanford: This all depends on who the Cardinals get to play QB. If it is Kolb, they will be better. If they get Marc Bulger, which is what I expect, then this season could be horrible. They struck gold with Warner, but I doubt it would happen again with Bulger. In this scenario, Luck would have to be the choice.

3. Cincinnati Bengals- QB Matt Barkley USC: Either Carson Palmer is traded or he retires. Either way, Andy Dalton will be the starting QB next year. I think he is wildly overrated by many and nothing more than a backup. Just like Carolina this year, a new coach is going to want to bring in his own QB.

4. Miami Dolphins- QB Landry Jones Oklahoma: Tony Sparano is in a win now or lose his job mode. Unfortunately for him, this team just does not have the talent to win, especially in their division. A new coach will be here next year, meaning a new QB will likely follow.

5. Seattle Seahawks- CB Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama: Clipboard Jesus dodges a bullet here. He plays poorly enough to lose his job but not quite poorly enough to put the team in position to draft his replacement. Many thought the Seahawks might target Jimmy Smith in the 2011 draft, so getting the top corner next year is obviously a possibility

6. Washington Redskins- OT Matt Kalil USC: This was a hard selection to decide. With Sexy Rexy as their QB, they'd love to draft a QB, but the value isn't there. The value is there at receiver, but they drafted three in 2011. In the end, this is just a best player available pick.

7. Buffalo Bills- OLB Donte Paige-Moss UNC: Von Miller would have been the pick at three had Denver not scooped him up. I don't foresee them making a big jump this year, so the Bills should be in the position to grab an elite pass rusher this time next year.

8. Minnesota Vikings- LB Vontaze Burfict Arizona State: I like Christian Ponder and I think he'll be a good NFL QB. But that doesn't mean the Vikings will be a good team next year. Depending on if they are able to sign their current linebackers to long term deals, this could be a huge need in 2012.

9. Cleveland Browns- WR Alshon Jeffery South Carolina: We all thought Julio Jones-to-Cleveland was a lock until Atlanta bet the farm for him. Luckily, they may just have the chance to add a receiver just as good (and maybe better) in 2012.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars- DE Brandon Jenkins FSU: Justin Blackmon should be the obvious choice here, but he has that pesky DUI arrest on his record, so I doubt he goes here. Kerrigan was pretty much a lock to Jacksonville before they traded up, so DE help is obviously needed.

11. San Francisco 49ers- RB Trent Richardson Alabama: This pick may sound odd, but Frank Gore will be 29 when the 2012 season starts and he is already hurt pretty often. He'll have to be replaced soon and Richardson is a grat guy to do it.

12. Tennessee Titans- WR Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State: Kenny Britt is a headache a minute but they didn't draft anybody to replace him with when he inevitably is suspended. Blackmon offers great value here (assuming his DUI arrest was a one time thing).

13. Kansas City Chiefs- OT Jonathan Martin Stanford: We thought they would go Bulaga. Then we thought they would go Carimi. They have to go offensive tackle in the first round eventually don't they?

14. Philadelphia Eagles- CB Alfonzo Dennard Nebraska: Surprised to see them this low? Don't be. Michael Vick has never led his team to back-to-back playoff appearances.

15. Oakland Raiders- QB Tyler Wilson Arkansas: A QB prospect often comes out of nowhere into the first round (Cam Newton 2011). Wilson has looked pretty good in the little playing time he has received and I think he might actually be a better prospect than Ryan Mallett.

16. Denver Broncos- DT Jared Crick Nebraska: I think they should have selected Dareus at two. Turns out they didn't draft one at all. 16 might seem high for them, but I think Tebow makes a big jump this yea and I actually think the division is pretty average.

17. Detroit Lions- LB Manti Te'O Notre Dame: I think the Lions are one year away from the playoffs, though it would not surprise me if they were the third team from the NFC North to make the playoffs in 2012. Here, they once again stick to the best player available approach.

18. Houston Texans- WR Ryan Broyles Oklahoma: I absolutely love what Houston did in the draft this year. It might be enough to get them into their first playoff berth, but the AFC is super tough. The offense of Houston is already pretty good, but after their first five picks on defense this year, new blood would definitely help in 2012.

19. Dallas Cowboys- CB Cliff Harris Oregon: The Cowboys really need secondary help, yet they neglected to get it in the 2011 draft until pick 143. This could come back to bite them in the butt.

20. New England Patriots (from New Orleans)- LB Courtney Upshaw Alabama: Despite having a ton of picks, the Patriots didn't address their front seven until pick 194. That could be a huge mistake.

21. Baltimore Ravens- OT Mike Adams Ohio State: Help is needed on the right side opposite Michael Oher. Third round pick Jah Reid could provide that help, but he may be better suited for guard.

22. Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta)- RB LaMichale James Oregon: I know Peyton Hillis is the Madden Cover Boy (Jinx?) and their is a lot of love for him on this site, but I'm not 100% sure he is even close to being elite. Even if he does repeat last year's performance, having a 1-2 punch is all the rage in the NFL now.

23. New York Giants- OT Riley Reiff Iowa: The Giants are nearly impossible to mock for because they always disregard their needs in favor of sticking completely to their big board. This is yet another case of this strategy.

24. San Diego Chargers- OLB Travis Lewis Oklahoma: The Chargers really need some help out rush linebacker. Unless, of course, Larry English finally shows he can play in this league. I doubt he does that.

25. St. Louis Rams- DT Billy Winn Boise State: The Rams showed interest in Corey Liuget at 14 but passed on him (and didn't select a defensive tackle at all in the 2011 draft). That can't happen two years in a row.

26. New York Jets- WR Michael Floyd Notre Dame: Pretty much all their receivers are free agents this year. After the CBA is signed, WR could remain a strength or become their biggest weakness.

27. Pittsburgh Steelers- G Mike Brewster Ohio State: I know he played center in college, but I think he can transition to guard (because there is no way he is taking Pouncey's spot). They had an interest in Mike Pouncey in 2011 and I think Brewster is an even better prospect.

28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- OT Nate Potter Boise State: I thought the Buccaneers would focus at least a little bit on improving their offensive line. Turns out I was wrong. Let's hope Josh Freeman makes it through the year.

29. Green Bay Packers- OLB Devin Taylor South Carolina: After the 2011 draft, a pass rusher opposite Matthews is still a huge concern.

30. New England Patriots- DE Baker Steinkuhler Nebraska: More front seven help for the Patriots. It's a must for them after ignoring it in 2011.

31. Indianapolis Colts- QB Nick Foles Arizona: I think next year is when they finally grab Peyton's replacement. He'll be 36 when the 2012 season starts, giving Foles three years to learn from one of th all time greats.

32. Chicago Bears- WR DeVier Posey Ohio State: Every Chicago WR is undersized and fast but kind of one dimensional. I was hoping they would do something to change that in the 2011 draft, but they did not. DeVier Posey would add the size needed to really round out their offense.

Smash28Dash34
05-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Providing he has another nasty year, Matt Kalil will be the Panthers pick imo. His brother Ryan is a pro bowler on the Panthers and Matt is a way better prospect than Ryan was.

jrdrylie
05-01-2011, 01:49 AM
I do think Kalil will be awesome but I knew the Panthers have Jordan Gross at left tackle. I honestly didn't get to watch too many Carolina games so I don't know how well he played last year and number one overall would just be too high for a right tackle.

I also think 6 of the top 10 will want a QB and with Luck being the once in a decade prospect we all think he is, this could be the year someone trades into that top spot.

prock
05-01-2011, 02:21 AM
Burficit is crazy good. I dig it.

VernonLawson89
05-01-2011, 03:39 AM
That pick doesn't make sense for the 49ers. We have Anthony Dixon behind gore, and we just drafted Kendall Hunter... :/

jrdrylie
05-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Sorry, I must have over looked Hunter when I checked tosee the Niners drafted.

BaLLiN
05-01-2011, 09:45 AM
who's winning the superbowl? oh...i see ;)

jrdrylie
05-01-2011, 09:51 AM
who's winning the superbowl? oh...i see ;)

Yeah I was a little bit of a homer there. But I think it's possible. The Bears upgraded both their lines so they should be better. I think Chicago and Green Bay are the best two teams in the NFC and Green Bay could suffer the usual Super Hangover.

OSUGiants17
05-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Use the enter key to separate each pick. I hate seeing that big brick of text.

DiG
05-01-2011, 11:18 AM
booo move the skins up for a qb or drop a qb to us!! i love the 2012 big 3 qbs. cant imagine wed take a RT at #6. maybe CB?

thebow305
05-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Landry Jones is a solid pick, but he's gotta show more consistency this year if he wants to go that high.

Otherwise we'd probably get Barkley, since the Bengals aren't going to take a QB in round one after taking Dalton at the top of the 2nd this year.

SuperPacker
05-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Use the enter key to separate each pick. I hate seeing that big brick of text.

Haha was just thinking that! Its so annoying to read. Please go back and edit it, you could even press enter twice to make an even bigger gap! ;)

vidae
05-01-2011, 12:37 PM
For the Chiefs: No, we don't. OT is not a good round pick for KC and I can tell you a year before the next draft that we'll likely still not pick an OT in the first round.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Skins #6 pick on a RT? No sorry that's way too much money invested in Trent Williams and Matt Kalil. Give me Alson. I'm also looking at Stephon Gilmore to have a huge consistent year.

SuperPacker
05-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Skins #6 pick on a RT? No sorry that's way too much money invested in Trent Williams and Matt Kalil. Give me Alson. I'm also looking at Stephon Gilmore to have a huge consistent year.

I reckon the Redskin will trade up for Andrew Luck after getting loads of talent this year.

Orakpowned
05-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Redskins are going to sign Ryan Harris in free agency when it starts this year. No need to draft a RT early.

Pat Sims 90
05-01-2011, 03:16 PM
The Bengals are not Carolina and will not give up on Andy Dalton after 1 year no matter how bad he is. Marvin Lewis signed a 2 year deal so he will be here for 2 more years Mike Brown won't get rid of him if he does till his contract runs up.

If the Bears win the Superbowl with Crybaby Cutler i will eat a bag full of ****. Detroit and Green Bay will be better then Chicago.

jrdrylie
05-01-2011, 03:21 PM

I thought about a receiver but didn't the Skins take three receivers this draft? Seems like a bit of over kill. In the end, I think someone will move up to get Luck and that could very likely be Washington.

About the format. Sorry about that. I usually bold the teams and space. But I did this from my phone so doing my usual formatting was too difficult. My next mocks will look better.

jrdrylie
05-01-2011, 03:41 PM
The Bengals are not Carolina and will not give up on Andy Dalton after 1 year no matter how bad he is. Marvin Lewis signed a 2 year deal so he will be here for 2 more years Mike Brown won't get rid of him if he does till his contract runs up.

If the Bears win the Superbowl with Crybaby Cutler i will eat a bag full of ****. Detroit and Green Bay will be better then Chicago.

Stuff like this is why the Bengals remain the laughing stock of the league. A coach with two winning seasons and no playoff wins in eight seasons coming off a 4-12 record gets a two-year extension. What a joke! If Lewis does remain, of course they won't replace Dalton. But if he is fired like I expect, the new coach will want a new QB because Dalton isn't even close to being in the same league as next years QB class.

As for Chicago... They almost made the Super Bowl last year and then upgraded their two weakest spots so they'll be better. Green Bay of course will be tough. But Detroit? Their back seven still sucks. They still haven't given Matthew Stafford enough protection on the line. And Fairley may be a good player but he isn't great against the run. And the Lions were 24th in that department last year. If they want to make the playlets, they are going to need the best offensevin the league. They'll be better but they are still a year away.

SimonRath
05-01-2011, 03:45 PM
the 1st rounder cleveland gets from atlanta will not be 22nd. more like 28-32

jrdrylie
05-01-2011, 03:52 PM
the 1st rounder cleveland gets from atlanta will not be 22nd. more like 28-32

Falcon fans hope so. Based ong projections, Chicago and Tampa Bay gets the byes. They gives Atlanta a matchup against the Ramz in round one. Felt like going with the upset. Even with a win against St. Louis the pick would be 25 or 26.

SimonRath
05-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Falcon fans hope so. Based ong projections, Chicago and Tampa Bay gets the byes. They gives Atlanta a matchup against the Ramz in round one. Felt like going with the upset. Even with a win against St. Louis the pick would be 25 or 26.

tampa having a better record then atlanta?

Pat Sims 90
05-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Stuff like this is why the Bengals remain the laughing stock of the league. A coach with two winning seasons and no playoff wins in eight seasons coming off a 4-12 record gets a two-year extension. What a joke! If Lewis does remain, of course they won't replace Dalton. But if he is fired like I expect, the new coach will want a new QB because Dalton isn't even close to being in the same league as next years QB class.

As for Chicago... They almost made the Super Bowl last year and then upgraded their two weakest spots so they'll be better. Green Bay of course will be tough. But Detroit? Their back seven still sucks. They still haven't given Matthew Stafford enough protection on the line. And Fairley may be a good player but he isn't great against the run. And the Lions were 24th in that department last year. If they want to make the playlets, they are going to need the best offensevin the league. They'll be better but they are still a year away.

A Rookie Andy Dalton will be better then a ****** Carson Palmer they have a easy scheldue and will atleast win 6 games. Lewis was really not the problem with that team is was more that they had the Worst OC in NFL and they fixed this is offseason.

Chicago did not upgrade their biggest weakest their OL still sucks take a RT does not fix the inside of ur OL. They refused to address WR and they no WRs that scary andybody and their WRs will be covered all season and they still have Culter who will contiune to make terrible decisons. Green Bay has lost no pieces of that team and only added to it and Detroit front 7 will be alot better this season will the pass rush they added.

jrdrylie
05-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Cutler was much better last year. The Washington game was really the only time " Bad Jay" showed up. And with a better line he'll continue to improve. Carimi has the ability to play left tackle in the Chicago offense. Chris Williams, while not a good tackle, is decent at guard. As the season went on, the line got much better thanks to Mike Tics. With even more talent and more time with Tice, I think the offensive line will be much better next year.

SickwithIt1010
05-01-2011, 06:29 PM
still dont see the colts finding a replacement even next year. Manning strikes me as the type of guy who still has 5+++ years in him, hes not athletic right now, he doesnt have a GREAT arm right now, so its really not going to matter as he gets older, he will still get the ball out quick enough and he doesnt get hurt so...

killxswitch
05-02-2011, 02:56 PM
A repeat of of SB XLI huh? Nice. Though I'd argue with the results. I don't know anything about Nick Foles yet but it is weird to see QBs mocked to the Colts in round 1.

bruschis4all
05-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Landry Jones is a solid pick, but he's gotta show more consistency this year if he wants to go that high.

Otherwise we'd probably get Barkley, since the Bengals aren't going to take a QB in round one after taking Dalton at the top of the 2nd this year.

If you watch last year's OU/FSU game, there is no doubt who the better prospect was. Landry Jones hands down. I'm not saying he's going to be a stud qb in the NFL. Just that he's a better prospect than Ponder who went 12th. And, I'm still scratching my head about Locker going 8th.

thebow305
05-02-2011, 05:41 PM
If you watch last year's OU/FSU game, there is no doubt who the better prospect was. Landry Jones hands down. I'm not saying he's going to be a stud qb in the NFL. Just that he's a better prospect than Ponder who went 12th. And, I'm still scratching my head about Locker going 8th.

That's just because FSU's defense was a mess last year at points, especially in that game. I'm just saying that Landry needs to show more consistency this year because there are times when he definitely looks the part of a Top 10 pick, and other times he looks like an UDFA. I'd like to see him do it over a full season this year, that's all. And I do agree Jones is the superior prospect at this point. I never had Ponder going higher than 15 throughout the entire draft process, while I see given the right circumstances that Landry could go Top 10. Similar to how the situation played out with Blaine Gabbert this year.

And I tend to agree with your evaluation of Mike Brewster of OSU. Had he come out, I wouldve had him rated higher than Mike Pouncey, which makes me sad because we drafted the stupid gator. :(