PDA

View Full Version : Bills Draft

Captain Canuck
05-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Since a couple other people made posts about their team, I figured I'd make one for the Bills. I think its interesting to note that they were the only team to receive an A+ grade from Rick Gosselin. I think they had a very solid draft, and got good value at most of their picks.

1. Marcel Dareus DE/DT
2. Aaron Williams CB
3. Kelvin Sheppard ILB
4a. Da'Norris Searcy SS
4b. Chris Hariston OT
5. Johhny White RB
6. Chris White ILB
7a. Justin Rogers CB
7b. Michael Jasper NT

I know some people will kill them for not taking a QB, but with all their needs I would rather role with Fitz for another year and fill a different position of need than reaching for a QB who probably won't be a franchise guy or be any better than Fitz.

I think the the first 3 picks could potentially be first year starters, and the two 4th rounders will compete for playing time at RT and SS. The other add great depth to the defense and special teams.

What are your thoughts on the Bills draft?

Halsey
05-01-2011, 02:32 PM
They picked high and had lots of picks. How do they not get a good Draft grade? Teams like the Bills, Bengals and Cardinals get good grades every year, yet they are right back with high picks again the next year.

papageorgio
05-01-2011, 02:41 PM
They picked high and had lots of picks. How do they not get a good Draft grade? Teams like the Bills, Bengals and Cardinals get good grades every year, yet they are right back with high picks again the next year.

the falcons were the same until they got Ryan. The falcons prolly had one of the worst drafts.

Rosebud
05-01-2011, 02:42 PM

That's some deep **** right there. Now can you do it in the form of a haiku?

Poz51
05-03-2011, 10:33 AM

Because they did not pick Aaron Maybin... Or because they did not reach on a QB... Or as Gosselin says they got better value for 5 of their picks than where they were drafted, and "hit for the cycle" on the second day... The Bengals were in the playoffs two years ago, went 6-0 in the AFC North, and the Cardinals in the superbowl, what? three years ago.
I could put out a blanket statement about how horrible a draft history some team, like say the Falcans had at one point, but I think I will refrain, for now... Maybe I am over-reacting...
I expect better from you, or maybe I have you confused with someone else...

Poz51
05-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Since a couple other people made posts about their team, I figured I'd make one for the Bills. I think its interesting to note that they were the only team to receive an A+ grade from Rick Gosselin. I think they had a very solid draft, and got good value at most of their picks.

1. Marcel Dareus DE/DT
2. Aaron Williams CB
3. Kelvin Sheppard ILB
4a. Da'Norris Searcy SS
4b. Chris Hariston OT
5. Johhny White RB
6. Chris White ILB
7a. Justin Rogers CB
7b. Michael Jasper NT

I know some people will kill them for not taking a QB, but with all their needs I would rather role with Fitz for another year and fill a different position of need than reaching for a QB who probably won't be a franchise guy or be any better than Fitz.

I think the the first 3 picks could potentially be first year starters, and the two 4th rounders will compete for playing time at RT and SS. The other add great depth to the defense and special teams.

What are your thoughts on the Bills draft?

I love it. Although they did not take a QB or T of immediate consequence, they also did not reach on those postions, which are widely considered a week group respectively.
Dareus and Sheppard start day one if healthy.
The Williams pick was very telling about Florence, and McGee. Williams is looking like the #2, or future #2. Searcy I like alot, guy can cover, hit, and is telling that they are not expecting Whitner back, could push Wilson for PT this year if not start at some point and be the long range answer at SS. Hairson is likely the long term answer at RT.
White will see carries this year, was widely considered under the radar by many (not even on my radar :( ), eases the transition from Freddie in a couple years.
Chris White is a tackling machine, and with Sheppard could mean they potetially let Poz go, or have very good depth.
Rogers is a ball hawking nickel/dime guy, and had plenty of buzz before the draft, and Jasper is a potential rock in the middle of the D, taken with a 7th round comp. pick.

4 Major factors for this draft to consider.
1 - Didnt reach on a QB, T or 3-4 OLB in a weak class.
2 - Value was appropriate, or in many opinions above the actaul pick.
3 -Rick Gosselin gave the only A+ to Buffalo in his grades.
4 - The foundation for the D is almost completely in place.

I love it, for the first time in nearly two decades...

Iamcanadian
05-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Bills' fan here. The Bills' problems are a result of a cheap owner who cannot or won't pay high salaries to his FA's or top players. The Bills are forever losing their high priced FA's to other teams, Winfield, Clements, Pat Williams and Peters(yes, he was traded but teams don't trade LT's ever. It was strictly a money issue.).
As for our drafts, like all cheap owners, they cut their scouting departments to the bone which inevitably leads to far more flops than most successful teams ever see especially past round 1.
As a result, they are never in a position to take too many risks, hence they passed on a QB and played it safe. Dareus will be fine but will they retain him when he reaches FA?????
If either Gabbert or Locker develop into franchise QB's then this draft is an F-, if they don't, this draft is at least an A.

MidwestJimmy
05-04-2011, 04:06 PM
The Bills blew it a few years ago by choosing DT John McCargo over Haloti Ngata. Now Marcell Dareus can be their Ngata, for the same position in the same 35 front (hybrid) defense.

I think they reached for Aaron Williams, but Kelvin Sheppard is a good pick. They needed an OT bad, but I would rather they addressed that before they got down to Chris Hairston. Justin Rogers (CB, Richmond) could be a seventh round steal.

Michael Jasper (NT, Bethel of TN) is a longshot to make the team, but imagine if he does -- he weighs over 390 pounds! He's so big that I think Old Man Wilson got confused and thought he was drafting a new stadium. Sorry for the lame joke. Anyway, for Bills fans sake -- go red and navy blue, and good luck.

Rosebud
05-04-2011, 04:53 PM
The Bills blew it a few years ago by choosing DT John McCargo over Haloti Ngata. Now Marcell Dareus can be their Ngata, for the same position in the same 35 front (hybrid) defense.

I think they reached for Aaron Williams, but Kelvin Sheppard is a good pick. They needed an OT bad, but I would rather they addressed that before they got down to Chris Hairston. Justin Rogers (CB, Richmond) could be a seventh round steal.

Michael Jasper (NT, Bethel of TN) is a longshot to make the team, but imagine if he does -- he weighs over 390 pounds! He's so big that I think Old Man Wilson got confused and thought he was drafting a new stadium. Sorry for the lame joke. Anyway, for Bills fans sake -- go red and navy blue, and good luck.

They didn't pick McCargo over Ngata, they picked Donte Whitner over Haloti Ngata...

SeanTaylorRIP
05-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Love this draft although Seary and Johnny White went 1-2 rounds earlier than they should have.