PDA

View Full Version : Final Roster

CheeseKnuckles
05-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I was just trying to figure out what our final roster could look like... throw yours out there if you think it will be any different.

QB: Rodgers, Flynn
WR: Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Cobb, Jones/Swain (depends on the new CBA)
RB: Grant, Starks, Green
TE: Finley, Quarless, Williams, Crabtree
FB: Kuhn, Taylor, Johnson
OT: Clifton, Sherrod, Bulaga, Newhouse
G/C: Sitton, E-DS, Lang, McDonald, Wells

DE: Pickett, Neal, Wilson, Guy (possibly Jenkins, but seems unlikely)
NT: Raji, Green
OLB: Matthews, Walden, Zombo, Jones, Elmore
ILB: Hawk, Bishop, Chillar, Smith
CB: Woodson, Williams, Shields, House, Lee
S: Collins, Peprah, Burnett, Bush

ST: Crosby, Goode, Masthay

Now when a new CBA is reached there will probably be 18 regular season games. From what I heard the number of players you can have on your final roster would be extended, so this is obviously just speculation.

cvv84
05-01-2011, 02:44 PM
I was just doing this as well! He's my projected after the draft 53 man roster:

OFFENSE (26)

QBs (2)
1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Matt Flynn

RBs (3)
1) Ryan Grant
2) James Starks
3) Alex Green

FBs (3)
1) John Kuhn
2) Korey Hall
3) Quinn Johnson

TEs (4)
1) Jermichael Finley
2) Andrew Quarless
3) D.J. Williams
4) Tom Crabtree

WRs (4)
1) Greg Jennings
2) Jordy Nelson
3) Donald Driver
4) Randall Cobb

OTs (4)
1) Chad Clifton
2) Bryan Bulaga
3) Derek Sherrod
4) Marshall Newhouse

OGs (4)
1) Josh Sitton
2) T.J. Lang
3) Nick McDonald
4) Caleb Schlauderaff

OCs (2)
1) Scott Wells
2) Evan Dietrich-Smith

DEFENSE (24)

DEs (6)
1) Ryan Pickett
2) Mike Neal
3) Howard Green
4) C.J. Wilson
5) Jarius Wynn
6) Lawrence Guy

NTs (1)
1) B.J. Raji

ILBs (3)
1) A.J. Hawk
2) Desmond Bishop
3) Brandon Chillar

OLBs (5)
1) Clay Matthews
2) Frank Zombo
3) Erik Walden
4) Brad Jones
5) Ricky Elmore

CBs (5)
1) Tramon Williams
2) Charles Woodson
3) Sam Shields
4) Davon House
5) Brandon Underwood

Ss (4)
1) Nick Collins
2) Charlie Peprah
3) Morgan Burnett
4) Jarrett Bush

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

K (1)
1) Mason Crosby

P (1)
1) Tim Masthay

LS (1)
1) Brett Goode

SuperPacker
05-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Might throw in a few Free Agents.

OFFENSE (26)

QBs (2)
1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Graham Harrell (Trade Matt Flynn for 3rd round pick next year)

RBs (3)
1) Ryan Grant
2) James Starks
3) Alex Green

FBs (3)
1) John Kuhn
2) Ryan Taylor

TEs (4)
1) Jermichael Finley
2) Andrew Quarless
3) D.J. Williams
4) Tom Crabtree

WRs (4)
1) Greg Jennings
2) Santonio Holmes
3) Jordy Nelson
4) Randall Cobb
5) Donald Driver (sorry old man but cobb is electric)

OTs (4)
1) Chad Clifton
2) Bryan Bulaga
3) Derek Sherrod
4) Marshall Newhouse

OGs (4)
1) Josh Sitton
2) T.J. Lang
3) Nick McDonald
4) Caleb Schlauderaff

OCs (2)
1) Scott Wells
2) Evan Dietrich-Smith

DEFENSE (24)

DEs (6)
1) Ryan Pickett
2) Cullen Jenkins (bring back the big guy)
3) Mike Neal
4) C.J. Wilson
6) Lawrence Guy

NTs (1)
1) B.J. Raji
2) Howard Green

ILBs (3)
1) A.J. Hawk
2) Desmond Bishop
3) Brandon Chillar (trade barnett for 3/4 round pick next year)
4) DJ Smith

OLBs (5)
1) Clay Matthews
2) Frank Zombo
3) Erik Walden
4) Ricky Elmore
5) Brad Jones

CBs (5)
1) Nnamdi Asomugha
2) Tramon Williams
3) Sam Shields
4) Morgan Burnett (can play in the slot untill woodson retires)
5) Davon House

S (4)
1) Nick Collins
2) Charles Woodson
3) Charlie Peprah
4) Jarrett Bush

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

K (1)
1) David Akers (consistant kicker apart from in playoff games vs GB)

P (1)
1) Tim Masthay

LS (1)
1) Brett Goode

YOU NEVER KNOW TT MIGHT GO CRAZY!!

CheeseKnuckles
05-01-2011, 04:32 PM
CVV I have to say I think your a little off on Hall and Kuhn both being resigned. The Pick ups of Taylor and Williams makes one of those two expendable and Hall will most likely be the guy. I am crossing my fingers that Kuhn will be resigned, but you just never know.

If Poppinga is kept over Brad Jones I will shoot myself in the foot, not even a fair trade off in talent there.

SuperPacker.... I need whatever you are smoking because those FA pick ups are beyond a dream lol.

cvv84
05-01-2011, 05:09 PM
CVV I have to say I think your a little off on Hall and Kuhn both being resigned. The Pick ups of Taylor and Williams makes one of those two expendable and Hall will most likely be the guy. I am crossing my fingers that Kuhn will be resigned, but you just never know.

If Poppinga is kept over Brad Jones I will shoot myself in the foot, not even a fair trade off in talent there.

SuperPacker.... I need whatever you are smoking because those FA pick ups are beyond a dream lol.

In terms of track record, Kuhn and Hall are both guys that we know what we have. FBs aren't expensive commodities either and most teams don't even really have a true FB position. Kuhn to me is almost certain to return. Hall is descent but he's been injured alot lately.

Williams is a lock at TE if you ask me. Taylor is still a 7th round pick and will need to excel on special teams in order to make the team. He's a little too big to be a FB IMO.

I forgot about Jones, I was just doing this off the top of my head. I'll have to rectify that mistake. Thanks.

CheeseKnuckles
05-01-2011, 05:56 PM
In terms of track record, Kuhn and Hall are both guys that we know what we have. FBs aren't expensive commodities either and most teams don't even really have a true FB position. Kuhn to me is almost certain to return. Hall is descent but he's been injured alot lately.

Williams is a lock at TE if you ask me. Taylor is still a 7th round pick and will need to excel on special teams in order to make the team. He's a little too big to be a FB IMO.

I forgot about Jones, I was just doing this off the top of my head. I'll have to rectify that mistake. Thanks.

I have to agree with you in that Kuhn will probably be back... Not sure how the FB and TE postion will pan out, but looks to be a good competition this year. I wonder what Johnson's future is in GB, I'm pretty sure he didn't even suit up for the Super Bowl.

cvv84
05-01-2011, 06:24 PM
I have to agree with you in that Kuhn will probably be back... Not sure how the FB and TE postion will pan out, but looks to be a good competition this year. I wonder what Johnson's future is in GB, I'm pretty sure he didn't even suit up for the Super Bowl.

The TE and FB positions are definetly going to be something to watch this training camp. We have so many able bodies and skills guys at those positions.

I think Johnson was supposed to be what Kuhn has become, which is a bulldozer style FB. Needless to say he really hasn't developed.

TT has said though that they plan on using both rookies, Williams and Taylor, at TE. Williams is a lock IMO because of his natural pass catching abilities and I think he could take over the duties of the #5 WR spot. Taylor will have to beat out Crabtree which is no given seeing Crabtree is our best blocking TE.

Reguardless it will be fun to watch and see how these new guys get utilized.

J-Mike88
05-01-2011, 06:37 PM
I see cvv's list being pretty accurate, but I sense Korey Hall's days being done as a Packer with the 2 TEs drafted and Kuhn offering such versatility.

TT will try hard to keep James Jones. That was a reach of a pick that panned out pretty well, and it was Randy Moss or Jones at that point in time. I sense some pride in Jones on Teddy's behalf and I have the odds that Jones is back with us for 2011 at about 60%, so don't write him off yet.nightmare for the defense all over the field.

cvv84
05-01-2011, 06:59 PM
You thought Jones was a reach? I, and I think alot of other Packers fans, felt that Jones was exactally what we needed.

His biggest downfall has been his concentration lapses. He's a more than capable #2 WR IMO but when you lose the confidence of your QB you're toast.

I'm really hoping Cobb pans out for us. Having guys like Driver and Jennings to learn from is just awesome for him. Just look at the progress that Jordy Nelson has made.

BloodBrother
05-01-2011, 07:04 PM
For some reason I have a feeling that they will re-sign Jenkins

OFFENSE (26)

QBs (2)
1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Matt Flynn

RBs (3)
1) Ryan Grant
2) James Starks
3) Alex Green

FBs (2)
1) John Kuhn
2) Ryan Taylor
3) D.J. Williams - will officially be under TE but wouldn't be surprised to see him as the #3 at FB as well

TEs (4)
1) Jermichael Finley
2) Andrew Quarless
3) D.J. Williams
4) Tom Crabtree

WRs (5)
1) Greg Jennings
2) Jordy Nelson
3) Donald Driver
4) Randall Cobb
5) Brett Swain or some UDFA who impresses. Wouldn't completely rule Jones out, which would make this corps soooo much sexier

OTs (4)
1) Chad Clifton
2) Bryan Bulaga
3) Derek Sherrod
4) Marshall Newhouse

OGs (4)
1) Josh Sitton
2) T.J. Lang
3) Nick McDonald
4) Caleb Schlauderaff

OCs (2)
1) Scott Wells
2) Evan Dietrich-Smith

DEFENSE (24)

DEs (5)
1) Ryan Pickett
2) Cullen Jenkins
3) Mike Neal
4) C.J. Wilson
5) Lawrence Guy

NTs (2)
1) B.J. Raji
2) Howard Green

ILBs (3)
1) A.J. Hawk
2) Desmond Bishop
3) Brandon Chillar

OLBs (5)
1) Clay Matthews
2) Frank Zombo
3) Erik Walden
4) Brad Jones
5) Ricky Elmore

CBs (5)
1) Tramon Williams
2) Charles Woodson
3) Sam Shields
4) Pat Lee
5) Davon House

Ss (4)
1) Nick Collins
2) Charlie Peprah
3) Morgan Burnett
4) Jarrett Bush

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

K (1)
1) Mason Crosby

P (1)
1) Tim Masthay

LS (1)
1) Brett Goode

KR/PR

1) Randall Cobb
2) Pat Lee
3) Alex Green

CheeseKnuckles
05-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Looks pretty reasonable BloodBrother... It would sure be nice to be able to keep JJ and Jenkins, but until this CBA crap is done, we won't know and it sucks!

J-Mike88
05-01-2011, 07:13 PM
You thought Jones was a reach? I, and I think alot of other Packers fans, felt that Jones was exactally what we needed.
I saw 1000's of mocks on various websites, and had 3 Draft guides that year, and nobody had James Jones in their mocks in the 3rd round.

Now it was a good pick, but to deny that was a "reach" is disingenuine. Now not all reaches are bad. Sometimes to get a guy before 31 more picks go by, you have to reach.

Some work out, some don't. No big deal. But Jones went higher than 99% of the mocks, ratings, rankings, etc. Even of Rick Gosselin and Bob McGinn. They had him nowhere near the 3rd round.

cvv84
05-01-2011, 07:42 PM
I saw 1000's of mocks on various websites, and had 3 Draft guides that year, and nobody had James Jones in their mocks in the 3rd round.

Now it was a good pick, but to deny that was a "reach" is disingenuine. Now not all reaches are bad. Sometimes to get a guy before 31 more picks go by, you have to reach.

Some work out, some don't. No big deal. But Jones went higher than 99% of the mocks, ratings, rankings, etc. Even of Rick Gosselin and Bob McGinn. They had him nowhere near the 3rd round.

I know some "experts" called him a reach but like I said, I along with numerous other Packers fans felt he was a great pick at the time.

BloodBrother
05-01-2011, 07:46 PM
I felt it was a reach but I wasn't upset about it. After reading up I liked what I read. Oddly enough, coming out one of his main strength's was his great hands

I would like to bring him back but I don't think it happens. I believe GB will focus hard on getting Jenkins back, and won't be able to match or up whatever offer Jones gets. You know some WR hungry team will go hard after him

SuperPacker
05-02-2011, 01:19 AM
It would be good to resign James Jones then we would have 5 WR goid enough to start in the NFL, but i dont think it would be advisible to resign him.

He is gonna want starter money and we just brought in Cobb so paying him more would be stupid. Maybe if he realises that hes the 4th WR and that hes lucky to play for GB then we should re sign him, but when i think of Jones two things come to mind. That horrible play against Chicago where he had the ball in his left hand and got stripped. And in the superbowl when he dropped that easy catch when he could of scored. He could of cost us the superbowl.

Hes not worth the all the dropped catches.

cvv84
05-02-2011, 04:21 PM
I think we'll only carry 4 WRs this year. Finley and D.J. Williams can act as the 5th if needed.

hoekd0250
05-02-2011, 05:40 PM
LT-(1)Clifton (2)Sherrod
LG-(1)Lang (2)Schlauderaff
C-(1)Wells (2)Dietrich-Smith
RG-(1)Sitton (2)McDonald
RT-(1)Bulaga (2)Newhouse

QB-(1)Rodgers (2)Flynn
RB-(1)Grant (2)Starks (3)Green
FB-(1)Kuhn (2)Williams (3)Taylor
TE-(1)Finley (2)Crabtree (3)Quarless
Wr-(1)Jennings (2)Nelson (3)Driver (4)Cobb

LDE-(1)Pickett (2)Neal
NT-(1)Raji (2)Green
RDE-(1)Jenkins (2)Guy (3)Wilson

LOLB-(1)Mathews (2)Jones
LILB-(1)Bishop (2)Smith
RILB-(1)Hawk (2)Chillar
ROLB-(1)Zombo (2)Walden (3)Elmore

LCB-(1)Woodson (2)Shields
SS-(1)Burnett (2)Peprah
FS-(1)Collins
RCB-(1)Williams (2)House (3)Lee

K-(1)Crosby
P-(1)Mastay
LS-(1)Goode

NOTES:Peprah will back up both saftey spots and Lee will have to be able to play FS (3) to beat out Jarrett Bush

cvv84
05-02-2011, 06:21 PM
NOTES:Peprah will back up both saftey spots and Lee will have to be able to play FS (3) to beat out Jarrett Bush

Bush was a special teams beast last year and even a captain for the Super Bowl. Hard to see him gone after such a great season he had.

hoekd0250
05-02-2011, 06:24 PM
I agree I think we would actually keep him over Pat Lee as Bush can play corner, safety and all the special teams. He has also always healthy. I thought lee had potential but we dont have room for him on our team. SO i guess replace Lee with Bush on my roster.

J-Mike88
05-02-2011, 07:37 PM
LT-(1)Clifton (2)Sherrod
LG-(1)Lang (2)Schlauderaff
C-(1)Wells (2)Dietrich-Smith
RG-(1)Sitton (2)McDonald
RT-(1)Bulaga (2)Newhouse

QB-(1)Rodgers (2)Flynn
RB-(1)Grant (2)Starks (3)Green
FB-(1)Kuhn (2)Williams (3)Taylor
TE-(1)Finley (2)Crabtree (3)Quarless
Wr-(1)Jennings (2)Nelson (3)Driver (4)Cobb

LDE-(1)Pickett (2)Neal
NT-(1)Raji (2)Green
RDE-(1)Jenkins (2)Guy (3)Wilson

LOLB-(1)Mathews (2)Jones
LILB-(1)Bishop (2)Smith
RILB-(1)Hawk (2)Chillar
ROLB-(1)Zombo (2)Walden (3)Elmore

LCB-(1)Woodson (2)Shields
SS-(1)Burnett (2)Peprah
FS-(1)Collins
RCB-(1)Williams (2)House (3)Lee

K-(1)Crosby
P-(1)Mastay
LS-(1)Goode

That didn't get past me!!!
I hope you are right about that more than all the other names combined!!

I still think Peprah beats out Burnett (plus Burnett might be fragile, let's wait & see), and I think we keep 5 WRs, again.

johbur
05-03-2011, 03:01 AM
OFFENSE (26)

QB (2)
1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Matt Flynn
(3) Randall Cobb

RB (3)
1) Ryan Grant
2) James Starks
3) Alex Green

FB (3)
1) John Kuhn
2) Quinn Johnson
3) Ryan Taylor

TE (4)
1) Jermichael Finley
2) D.J. Williams
3) Andrew Quarless
4) Tom Crabtree

WR (4)
1) Greg Jennings
2) Jordy Nelson
3) Donald Driver
4) Randall Cobb (Could be #3 by year's end)

OT (4)
1) Chad Clifton
2) Derek Sherrod
3) Marshall Newhouse
4) Mark Tauscher

OG (4)
1) Josh Sitton
2) Bryan Bulaga
3) T.J. Lang
4) Caleb Schlauderaff

OC (2)
1) Scott Wells
2) Evan Dietrich-Smith

DEFENSE (24)

DL (6)
1) B.J. Raji
2) Ryan Pickett
3) Mike Neal
4) Lawrence Guy
5) Howard Green
6) C.J. Wilson

ILB (4)
1) A.J. Hawk
2) Desmond Bishop
3) Brandon Chillar
4) DJ Smith

OLB (5)
1) Clay Matthews
2) Erik Walden
3) Ricky Elmore
4) Brad Jones
5) Frank Zombo

CB (5)
1) Tramon Williams
2) Charles Woodson (if he gave any indication he was OK at safety, I'd be starting him next to Collins and keeping Brandon Underwood)
3) Sam Shields
4) Davon House
5) Pat Lee

S (4)
1) Nick Collins
2) Morgan Burnett (I'd prefer Woodson here)
3) Charlie Peprah
4) Jarrett Bush (Would rather have Bigby, but he made noise about wanting out)

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

K (1)
1) Mason Crosby

P (1)
1) Tim Masthay

LS (1)
1) Brett Goode

PR/KR/Holder
Randall Cobb

There are possibly going to be more players on the roster, and there are five Practice Squad players. If Hall comes back at FB, that would drop Ryan Taylor to the PS for example. Tauscher very well might not be back, but his veteran presence with Bulaga and Sherrod could out-weigh his cost. He helped keep that locker room environment solid, even though he wasn't playing. If he isn't back, I'd have put Brett Swain or Chastin West up on the board for the fifth WR. TT tends to keep the new guys over the guys who had a shot but haven't done much, so it might be time for some of those lesser players to move on to a team that isn't so stacked. Hard to tell how all the injured guys are going to come back as far as athleticism intact and then there is the dozen or so UDFA TT will bring in and the likelihood that one or two will stick and bump off someone like Brad Jones, Quinn Johnson, Tom Crabtree or Tausher.

CheeseKnuckles
05-03-2011, 11:07 AM
DL (6)
1) B.J. Raji
2) Ryan Pickett
3) Mike Neal
4) Lawrence Guy
5) Howard Green
6) C.J. Wilson

I am not so sure Guy will move up that far in the rotation his rookie year, I do believe he'll make the roster, but I do not see him jumping Green and Wilson in the rotation.

ILB (4)
OLB (5)
1) Clay Matthews
2) Erik Walden
3) Ricky Elmore
4) Brad Jones
5) Frank Zombo

Again I don't see Elmore jumping into the roation over Zombo... Zombo could be the starter opposite CM3 when the season starts. Maybe Brad Jones moves to the bottom of the rotation, but I don't see that happening either.

Otherwise the rest of your list looked good

SuperPacker
05-03-2011, 03:52 PM
DL (6)
1) B.J. Raji
2) Ryan Pickett
3) Mike Neal
4) Lawrence Guy
5) Howard Green
6) C.J. Wilson

I am not so sure Guy will move up that far in the rotation his rookie year, I do believe he'll make the roster, but I do not see him jumping Green and Wilson in the rotation.

ILB (4)
OLB (5)
1) Clay Matthews
2) Erik Walden
3) Ricky Elmore
4) Brad Jones
5) Frank Zombo

Again I don't see Elmore jumping into the roation over Zombo... Zombo could be the starter opposite CM3 when the season starts. Maybe Brad Jones moves to the bottom of the rotation, but I don't see that happening either.

Otherwise the rest of your list looked good

I agree. Elmore and Guy will both be at the bottom of the rotation list heading into the season. Maybe if they prove themselves during the season but i doubt it.

J-Mike88
05-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Anything could happen with those OLBers, and I would expect:
A) some fluidity to their rankings, meaning it won't be a Harrison & Woodley 16 game thing.
B) more injuries from some of them.

That's what amazes me about Woodley & Harrison. Haven't they both pretty much been there for like 3 straight years together, maybe 4, without any Barnett/Jones/Chillar/Burnett/Neal type of injuries?

CheeseKnuckles
05-05-2011, 09:23 PM
What is the scoop with Chastin West from the practice squad last year. Any chance this guy pushes Swain out of the way for the 5th WR spot assuming they keep 5 WRs and JJ isn't back...

From what I can tell he is a good athlete with pretty decent hands... from what I can tell his upside is better than Swain's... only thing I see out of Swain is STs coverage.

SuperPacker
05-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Swain is a pointless waste of space! Surely there is a better WR on the practise squad. We wont really need 5 WRs next year, if they do go empty in the backfield Finley will probably be the 5th WR not Swain. (if JJ isnt resigned)

cvv84
05-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Swain is a pointless waste of space! Surely there is a better WR on the practise squad. We wont really need 5 WRs next year, if they do go empty in the backfield Finley will probably be the 5th WR not Swain. (if JJ isnt resigned)

Exactally my point:

I think we'll only carry 4 WRs this year. Finley and D.J. Williams can act as the 5th if needed.

We rarely went 5 wide last year and using a TE like Finley or Williams in that set could really create mismatches while keeping free a roster spot that hasn't been realeven since Ruvell Martin was here.

johbur
05-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Another reason Swain is less relevant is the special teams acumen of the new players. Swain was a decent ST, so with the new guys like DJ Smith, Ryan Taylor, Davon House and especially Randall Cobb, Swain has less value all the way around.

BloodBrother
05-16-2011, 10:11 AM
WHats awesome is that it was tough to figure out who to cut from the current crop of players the Packers have, and yet this doesn't even take into account any UDFA that the Packers will bring in at some point this year during training camp. Imagine being TT/MM during cuts, that's gotta be a tough time. Gonna be losing some pretty decent/solid players just due to how deep their roster is

johbur
06-01-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm just hoping the players who don't make the Packers move out of the division, and preferably go AFC...

J-Mike88
06-03-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm just hoping the players who don't make the Packers move out of the division, and preferably go AFC...
Exactly. Like Kampman and Al Harris went to the AFC, both Florida teams.

bigboiajhawk
08-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Totally forgot about this thread. I like it.

QB: Arod, Flynn, Harrell (3)
RB: Grant, Starks, Green (3)
FB: Kuhn, Johnson (2)
WR: Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Cobb (5)
TE: Finley, Crabtree, Quarless, Williams (4)
OT: Clifton, Sherrod, Newhouse, Bulaga (4)
OG: Lang, Schlauderaff, Sitton (3)
C: Wells, McDonald (2)

Offense: 26

DL: Raji, Pickett, Green, Neal, Wilson, Guy (6)
OLB: Matthews, Walden, Zombo, So'oto, Elmore (5)
ILB: Hawk, Bishop, Francois, Smith (4)
CB: Woodson, Williams, Shields, House, Lee (5)
FS: Collins, Levine (2)
SS: Burnett, Peprah (2)

Defense: 24

K: Crosby
P: Masthay
LS: Goode

Special Teams: 3

Practice Squad:

Brandon Saine
Ray Dominguez
Eli Joseph
Brandian Ross
MD Jennings
Tori Gurley
Jamari Lattimore
Shaky Smithson

Note: It was extremely hard to get down to the 53 man roster, had to get rid of guys like Brad Jones, Jarrett Bush, Brandon Underwood, for guys with more potential. I debated about whether the Pack would keep Quinn Johnson, but I keep thinking about running the ball when it gets cold out and how much of an impact he has. Jarius Wynn was a tough choice as well, because although he might not be the best, he is reliable and stays healthy.

CheeseKnuckles
08-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Totally forgot about this thread. I like it.

QB: Arod, Flynn, Harrell (3)
RB: Grant, Starks, Green (3)
FB: Kuhn, Johnson (2)
WR: Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Cobb (5)
TE: Finley, Crabtree, Quarless, Williams (4)
OT: Clifton, Sherrod, Newhouse, Bulaga (4)
OG: Lang, Schlauderaff, Sitton (3)
C: Wells, McDonald (2)

Offense: 26

DL: Raji, Pickett, Green, Neal, Wilson, Guy (6)
OLB: Matthews, Walden, Zombo, So'oto, Elmore (5)
ILB: Hawk, Bishop, Francois, Smith (4)
CB: Woodson, Williams, Shields, House, Lee (5)
FS: Collins, Levine (2)
SS: Burnett, Peprah (2)

Defense: 24

K: Crosby
P: Masthay
LS: Goode

Special Teams: 3

Practice Squad:

Brandon Saine
Ray Dominguez
Eli Joseph
Brandian Ross
MD Jennings
Tori Gurley
Jamari Lattimore
Shaky Smithson

Note: It was extremely hard to get down to the 53 man roster, had to get rid of guys like Brad Jones, Jarrett Bush, Brandon Underwood, for guys with more potential. I debated about whether the Pack would keep Quinn Johnson, but I keep thinking about running the ball when it gets cold out and how much of an impact he has. Jarius Wynn was a tough choice as well, because although he might not be the best, he is reliable and stays healthy.

I really wish part of the new CBA would have been an expanded roster... but either way your layout looks pretty good, but I would have to say Bush will make the roster over Pat Lee he offers much more as a STs player and proved to be somewhat reliable in the SuperBowl. Also I don't see them parting with Ryan Taylor, it sounds like he has had a pretty good training camp and he has good upside.