PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Steals and Reaches of the 2011 draft...?

JustDezIT
05-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Steals:

Greg Romeus
Randall Cobb
Christian Ballard
Chris Carter
Dwayne Harris
Nick Fairley
Prince

Reaches:
Ponder
Carpenter (James)
Jake Locker
Vareen
Mouton

what do you guys think?

bored of education
05-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Steal:
Justin Houston.

shylo3716
05-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Steals
Marvin Austin=1st Round Talent
Ryan Mallett-Will learn from 1 of the best
Marcus Cannon

Reaches
Danny Watkins
Jaiqauwn Jarrett
DeMarcus Van Dyke
Jacquizz Rodgers

NY+Giants=NYG
05-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Getting Prince at 19..The Giants said they had him as an upper tier guy. It really was no hesitation on our part to draft him according to the front office post draft interviews.

Austin was another guy Reese and Ross though dropped but had first round grade. That jives with other media post and pre draft stuff I read too. So once again we went BPA and trusted our draft board.

BaLLiN
05-01-2011, 05:05 PM
definitely like Chris Carter, he is not only a steal because his value is higher than the pick given his abilities, but bc of the team he landed on. The steelers are a great fit for him and likewise.

JustDezIT
05-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Getting Prince at 19..The Giants said they had him as an upper tier guy. It really was no hesitation on our part to draft him according to the front office post draft interviews.

Austin was another guy Reese and Ross though dropped but had first round grade. That jives with other media post and pre draft stuff I read too. So once again we went BPA and trusted our draft board.

Marvin Austin is garbage. Prince was good value.

ChiefMojo
05-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Reach: Mouton (San Diego) Seattle Seahawks in general

Steal: Beal (Denver) Powe (KC) Harris (Dallas)

Rosebud
05-01-2011, 11:18 PM

Yeah I am still pissed we passed on Paea, but maybe he really did mature over the season off like the reports around the combine seemed to suggest...*shrug* if he did grow up it's a steal, but given how iffy that is you can't call it one at the moment.

descendency
05-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Of the two patriots running backs: Vereen was under-rated but Stevan Ridley was a huge reach.

Locker and Ponder were my #1 and #2 QBs (respectively). (Mallett was 3. Dalton 4.
Newton 5.
Greg McElroy 6.
Ricky Stanzi 7.
Gabbert 8.
TJ Yates 9.
Kapernick 10) So I disagree with them being reaches.

Steal: Nate Irving. Book it.

edit: I have a strong feeling Marvin Austin will be kicked off a few teams for being a weasel. His talent rarely showed on the field despite being a big recruit.

Caulibflower
05-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Cameron Jordan lasting til #24 is fantastic for the Saints.

BeerBaron
05-02-2011, 12:12 AM

THANK YOU.

High School Hype being mentioned as a "steal" is nearly enough to give me an aneurysm. Very glad the Bears didn't take him. Paea >>>>>>>>>>>>> (I could type that symbol all night and it wouldn't be enough) Austin.

Victory X
05-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Of the two patriots running backs: Vereen was under-rated but Stevan Ridley was a huge reach.

Locker and Ponder were my #1 and #2 QBs (respectively). (Mallett was 3. Dalton 4.
Newton 5.
Greg McElroy 6.
Ricky Stanzi 7.
Gabbert 8.
TJ Yates 9.
Kapernick 10) So I disagree with them being reaches.

Steal: Nate Irving. Book it.

edit: I have a strong feeling Marvin Austin will be kicked off a few teams for being a weasel. His talent rarely showed on the field despite being a big recruit.

Kaeperkick is your 10th best QB?

batsandgats
05-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Steals

Chris Prosinski
Tyler Sash
Kris Durham

Reaches
Shane Vereen
Steven Ridely
Christian Ponder

Monomach
05-02-2011, 02:56 AM
Yeah I am still pissed we passed on Paea, but maybe he really did mature over the season off like the reports around the combine seemed to suggest...*shrug* if he did grow up it's a steal, but given how iffy that is you can't call it one at the moment.

It's going to take more than maturing. Remember, he never was good. He has to mature AND get good at football.

Rosebud
05-02-2011, 03:10 AM
It's going to take more than maturing. Remember, he never was good. He has to mature AND get good at football.

Yeah but if his head is out of it's position firmly between his buttcheeks our staff will teach him how to play DL. That I have no doubts about, it's why I loved the JPP pick last year, he wasn't very good but he had huge potential and busted his ass.

OzTitan
05-02-2011, 04:01 AM
I think in hindsight Locker doesn't get much further past 8 so while it may be a reach in the sense a particular individual thinks he's overrated etc, I don't think it was a reach in real world terms of where 2 or more teams would have taken him - you gotta think between the Redskins, Vikings and Jags, one was probably getting Locker if the Titans didn't.

Ponder I'm not so sure about though - he probably could have been had a bit later, but if the Vikings can't trade down what are they meant to do, not take the QB they want? If they felt there was no realistic hope he would be there for their 2nd pick, then that's how you're meant to draft (so now the question becomes, is that how you're meant to scout?).

Lil Quip
05-02-2011, 04:10 AM
Watkins is definitely one for me. Despite what the talking heads say about age not being a factor, it does matter. His age is just a big of a red flag as health for Bowers and Cannon.

Reach:
Ridley
Ponder
Aldon Smith - Pass rushers are inherently risky
Tackle picked by Seattle

Value:
The Prince
Cannon
Fairley
Quinn
Jimmy Smith
Ayers (titans)