PDA

View Full Version : A little perspective

Monomach
05-01-2011, 09:29 PM
The cost of QB Jay Cutler and a fifth: two firsts and of a third
The cost of WR Anquan Boldin: one third and one fourth
The cost of WR Brandon Marshall: two 2nds
The cost of WR Juilo Jones: two 1sts, one 2nd, and two 4ths

The most expensive of these guys has never played a snap. The others have been to the pro bowl.

Why do I keep seeing people praising this trade? You know...other than from the Browns side of things? It's like Holmgren was playing Madden with "fair trades" turned off.

BlindSite
05-02-2011, 03:47 AM
I think it's a terrible trade, Atlanta runs a pretty obvious run first offense and Julio is a deep threat where atlanta has struggled namely due to matt ryans inefficiencies in that area in the past.

He's a good player fair enough, but if they just wanted a deep burner they could've stayed put and taken Baldwin, I don't think this puts them over the top, esp with Ocho being on the outs in Cincy, take Ocho and draft a WR later on to develop a little bit.

The pick was perplexing to say the least.

Halsey
05-02-2011, 05:33 AM
The Falcons won't regret the trade if Julio is a star WR for 5 or more years. The 2011 picks were late in each round. The 2012 picks likely will be too. Of those 5 picks, at least 1 or 2 would have been busts. That's how the Draft works. In the long run, the Falcons likely traded Jones for 2 or 3 legit players.

Ness
05-02-2011, 06:28 AM
The Falcons won't regret the trade if Julio is a star WR for 5 or more years. The 2011 picks were late in each round. The 2012 picks likely will be too. Of those 5 picks, at least 1 or 2 would have been busts. That's how the Draft works. In the long run, the Falcons likely traded Jones for 2 or 3 legit players.

But were the receivers the problem in Atlanta? It seemed like the defense was the main culprit in the dismissal from the playoffs. The offense got in a hole and the defense just rolled over. I suppose this gives them more firepower, but Atlanta could have used those picks to upgrade it's defense, which in my opinion really isn't dominant. I admit I haven't watched that many Atlanta games, but at the same time this just seems really unnecessary. We'll see though.

AntoinCD
05-02-2011, 06:39 AM
I think it's a terrible trade, Atlanta runs a pretty obvious run first offense and Julio is a deep threat where atlanta has struggled namely due to matt ryans inefficiencies in that area in the past.

He's a good player fair enough, but if they just wanted a deep burner they could've stayed put and taken Baldwin, I don't think this puts them over the top, esp with Ocho being on the outs in Cincy, take Ocho and draft a WR later on to develop a little bit.

The pick was perplexing to say the least.

I dont get why people say that Julio Jones is a deep threat simply because he ran in the 4.3s. He's not a deep threat. He is actually more of a west coast WR due to his abilities after the catch. Everyone says Julio doesn't play as fast as he runs but seldom was he asked to simply go deep, especially with McElroy's lack of an elite arm.

Halsey
05-02-2011, 06:42 AM
But were the receivers the problem in Atlanta? It seemed like the defense was the main culprit in the dismissal from the playoffs. The offense got in a hole and the defense just rolled over. I suppose this gives them more firepower, but Atlanta could have used those picks to upgrade it's defense, which in my opinion really isn't dominant. I admit I haven't watched that many Atlanta games, but at the same time this just seems really unnecessary. We'll see though.

Atlanta clearly needed another weapon in the passing game. Look at the teams that have been winning Super Bowls in recent years. They have multiple threats in the passing game. Atlanta was way too dependent on Roddy White. Gonzalez is likely playing his last year and who knows how good he'll be this year at 35. One way to help a defense is to sustain drives and score points.

JBCX
05-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Thomas Dimitrioff should be fired if Atlanta doesn't make the playoffs next year (which is highly possible, imho).

AntoinCD
05-02-2011, 07:16 AM
Thomas Dimitrioff should be fired if Atlanta doesn't make the playoffs next year (which is highly possible, imho).

I dont get how this trade is that much worse than what the Saints gave up for Ingram. 2 1sts and a 2nd seems way too high unless he has Adrian Peterson-type talent which Ingram does not.

The Falcons aggressively went after a guy they had as either their top player or at worst 2nd player on their board. The Saints already passed on Ingram 4 spots earlier yet they're not getting bashed as much as Atlanta

Halsey
05-02-2011, 07:21 AM
lol Yeah, Atlanta is going to fire the guy who hired Mike Smith, signed Michael Turner, drafted Matt Ryan, drafted Curtis Lofton, helped them have 3 winning seasons in a row, etc...

ps Arthur Blank signed off on the Jones trade. It's not like Dimitroff went rogue.

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-02-2011, 08:04 AM
by no means should Dimitroff lose his job, he's turned that franchise around, however it was a very questionable trade, had they given up those picks for A.J. Green, I think a lot more people would have been okay with it, but I just don't see Julio Jones worth two 1st and 4th rounders and a 2nd.

SolidGold
05-02-2011, 08:11 AM
It was a ballsy move, I think they went a little overboard, they panicked after they saw AJ Green get selected by Cinci and viewed Jones as the only other big play WR.

They probably have guys targeted in FA whenever that happens to address the defense.

SchizophrenicBatman
05-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Atlanta clearly needed another weapon in the passing game. Look at the teams that have been winning Super Bowls in recent years. They have multiple threats in the passing game. Atlanta was way too dependent on Roddy White. Gonzalez is likely playing his last year and who knows how good he'll be this year at 35. One way to help a defense is to sustain drives and score points.

yea, it sure would be nice if Atlanta had some picks to draft a TE to replace Gonzalez soon

oh, wait...

thebow305
05-02-2011, 05:49 PM
IMO, they shoud've stayed put and drafted Jon Baldwin, but that's just me.

I honestly think he'll be just as good as the top 2 guys. He's just a headcase.

SickwithIt1010
05-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Dumb ass move by the falcons IMO. They got smoked by the Packers due to a lot more than just their passing game.

Keep the picks and like someone mentioned earlier, take Baldwin.

JBCX
05-02-2011, 06:42 PM
It really was a ridiculous trade to give away two first round picks plus two fourth round picks for a WR, of all positions, who has never even played in the NFL.

I mean, I wouldn't even give up more than one first round pick (plus lower picks) for Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson, to be honest.

The only reasoning I can think of to make this sound better for the Falcons is that there is a slight possibility that the 2012 draft will be null and void if no CBA is in place before that time, and the Falcons would have lost no picks.

roscoesdad27
05-02-2011, 06:47 PM
They didn't give up 2 first rounders for Jones in the same way that Miami and Washington gave up picks for Marshall and Boldin. Jones was 1 of those picks after they SWAPPED selection spots with Cleveland. They gave up a first, a second and 2 fourths in reality, still a bad trade for Atlanta. They have an even greater need at d.e. which is a much more premium position than a #2 receiver. Shoulda stayed put and got B. Reed to play d.e. in the first and L. Hankerson in the second + more importantly have a first round pick next year!!!

G.B. 48 Atlanta 21...reckon Atlanta foolishly thinks they're gonna out score Rogers, lol

nepg
05-02-2011, 07:26 PM
What did Atlanta need in this draft? Does anyone really think that getting anyone after AJ Green and Jones was going to help this team out that much and be an obvious upgrade?

They were aggressive and landed the guy they absolutely needed to help get the team to the next level.

PackerLegend
05-02-2011, 07:35 PM
How does a WR help to not give up 31/36 for 366 yards,3 tds and 48 points?

J-Mike88
05-02-2011, 07:43 PM
??? He goes both ways a la the dude from the Patriots back in the early 2000's (Troy Brown?) ???

roscoesdad27
05-02-2011, 07:48 PM
What did Atlanta need in this draft? Does anyone really think that getting anyone after AJ Green and Jones was going to help this team out that much and be an obvious upgrade?

They were aggressive and landed the guy they absolutely needed to help get the team to the next level.

Problem is the next level means getting past G.B., what u think their gonna win 49-48 or something?

G.B. 48 Atlanta 21

1) The defense needs help just as bad as the offense.
2) I had #2 w.r. and r.e. as the only immediate needs.
3) r.e.>>>>#2 w.r. value wise.
4) LOL ...the falcon fans will be skipping over the first round only 2012 mocks!, SUCKS!...might get a top 10 pick, magnifying the stupidity of this trade.
5) bet on the falcons OVERS next season.

ElectricEye
05-02-2011, 07:58 PM
I actually think the Falcons needed more of an underneath target/annoying slot receiver type and better, more aggressive playcalling much more than they needed a long ball threat. It's true that the Atlanta offense was in need of playmakers not named Roddy White, but I think you could find a more complimentary player like a Titus Young type get better value out of it. As much as I love Julio and think he will be a very good player for Atalnta, it was just too much to give up.

descendency
05-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Randy Moss cost a fourth :D

Halsey
05-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Some people seem confused about how the NFL Draft works. I keep reading that the Falcons traded their entire Draft for 2 years. Yeah, they still drafted 6 players this year and only gave up 2 picks from next year's Draft. Just trying to help lol...

Halsey
05-02-2011, 11:42 PM

By helping to keep the other team's offense off the field and not making it so obvious the ball is going to Roddy on most passing plays. The Falcons went 3 and out 3 times in the game and never sustained a drive to double digit plays. The Packers only went 3 and out once and had multiple drives of double digit plays. In football the offense and defense don't play in a vacuum. Good offense helps the defense and vice versa.

Rosebud
05-03-2011, 02:14 AM

If they were gunna trade up why not for the falling Robert Quinn? That would give them a dynamic pair of DEs that could actually harass a guy like Rodgers, at least until Abe retired. Plus they probably could've gotten in position for him much cheaper.

Rosebud
05-03-2011, 02:17 AM
By helping to keep the other team's offense off the field and not making it so obvious the ball is going to Roddy on most passing plays. The Falcons went 3 and out 3 times in the game and never sustained a drive to double digit plays. The Packers only went 3 and out once and had multiple drives of double digit plays. In football the offense and defense don't play in a vacuum. Good offense helps the defense and vice versa.

Do you know what helps the defense? Good defense. Good pass rushers to, and corners, but primarily pass rushers. How many stand out pass rushers do the Falcons have? And how old is he getting?

CrankthatCrabtree
05-03-2011, 02:21 AM
One of the funnier things I find about this trade is how they passed up a better WR in Dez Bryant last year. Shows how much jerking off to high character can end up biting you in the ass.

Halsey
05-03-2011, 05:26 AM
Do you know what helps the defense? Good defense. Good pass rushers to, and corners, but primarily pass rushers. How many stand out pass rushers do the Falcons have? And how old is he getting?

In the NFL they have what's called free agency. The Falcons will be signing a pass rusher, so that criticism is moot.

Cliff Matthews is considered a steal by some btw

One of the funnier things I find about this trade is how they passed up a better WR in Dez Bryant last year. Shows how much jerking off to high character can end up biting you in the ass.

Yeah, Bryant is so much better that he lasted almost 20 picks longer lol...

roscoesdad27
05-03-2011, 07:19 AM
In the NFL they have what's called free agency. The Falcons will be signing a pass rusher, so that criticism is moot.

Cliff Matthews is considered a steal by some btw

There are 4-7 teams in the market for a starter at d.e. and 2 of them in need of an impact d.e. you being one of them. Not much to chose from either and even if you do sign a d.e. it was still a bone head trade. You don't give up a future first rounder when the need is at #2 w.r..

J. Jones and signing Ray Edwards would be a good haul

BUT

J. Baldwin/G. Little + a second rounder that u missed out on + a freaking stud first rounder next year and the hope that comes with having a first round selection would be exponentially better. It's gonna be a looooong, boring, uninspiring mock draft season for falcon fans.

K Train
05-03-2011, 08:19 AM
it was a ballsy move and the falcons sold their soul but it gives them a legit number one target across from their...uhhh, legit number one target.

the offesne has some serious potential

roscoesdad27
05-03-2011, 08:38 AM
it was a ballsy move and the falcons sold their soul but it gives them a legit number one target across from their...uhhh, legit number one target.

the offesne has some serious potential

The offense will be awesome, the defense will suck. They're still not getting past g.b. and they don't have a first rounder next year to do anything about it.

Jones is awesome but G. Little coulda done essentially the same thing and Cleveland picked him up with your second round pick. On a team with an already established #1 receiver taking the coverage there isn't much difference between them. If I'm a team that's looking for a #1 receiver than yea Jones would be much better, but thats not the case here.

BONE HEAD TRADE!!!!

1) B. Reed
2) G. Little
+ + + + + +
A FIRST ROUND PICK AND ALL THE HOPE THAT COMES WITH IT IN 2012!!!!!!!

much better

duckseason
05-03-2011, 10:16 AM
I wish more teams who are on the brink of a championship would put their foot on the throats of the competition and make moves like this.

For example, I love how the Pats work the draft and generally get the better value in the trades their involved in, but when will you see the payoff if you keep pushing the accumulated value back a year? It's like putting money in a savings account rather than aggressively investing in something you believe in. It never translates to the field until you use that value.

Would have loved to see the Pats use their ammo and make a play like this. They'd still have had plenty in the clip to have a full draft like everybody else and then some.

Sure the trade could end up biting the Falcons in the ass, but we can't knock the pick unless that happens.

If Jones ends up being what they think he will, he's definitely worth what they gave up. Now, for a team like the Browns to make a move like that would have been beyond foolish.

Also, keep in mind that "1st rounder" is not even close to an accurate indicator of value. The two Falcons 1st rounders is like 1 top 5-10 pick value-wise. Meaning the Bengals gave up just as much for AJ Green as Atlanta gave up for Jones. In fact, the Bengals effectively made the same trade for Green that the Falcons did for Jones so that move should garner just as much criticism.

Additionally, the value of a player like Marshall or Boldin is more than just how good they are. Both players saw their market value decreased due to situation with their former teams. So yeah a rookie Calvin Johnson or AJ Green or Julio Jones is definitely worth more than a guy like Marshall as far as trade value is concerned at the time the transactions took place.

Halsey
05-03-2011, 10:51 AM
It's gonna be a looooong, boring, uninspiring mock draft season for falcon fans.

That's exactly the problem many people have with the trade. Fans love draft picks and don't want to lose them. The Falcons still took 6 player's in the year's draft and have 2nd, 3rd, and late round picks in next year's Draft. They wanted one of the premier WRs in the Draft more than they wanted a 2nd rate WR and all their picks. They clearly had no interest in bringing in 9 rookies, which is how many picks they entered the 2011 Draft with. Just because fans like Baldwin and Little doesn't mean they did.

K Train
05-03-2011, 11:09 AM
The offense will be awesome, the defense will suck. They're still not getting past g.b. and they don't have a first rounder next year to do anything about it.

so GB definitely wins the NFC next year cause they won it this year? wow if only it were that easy.

the falcons won alot of games last year...and this makes them a little better. if julio jones ends up as a top 5 WR they look like geniuses, if he flops hard it was a swing and a miss. the falcons have a pretty solid team and a swing and a miss with jones wouldnt even set them back too far, it would be unfortunate but this is a good team on the cusp of getting better, not a good team thats gonna need to rebuild in a year or two

Rosebud
05-03-2011, 11:26 AM
so GB definitely wins the NFC next year cause they won it this year? wow if only it were that easy.

the falcons won alot of games last year...and this makes them a little better. if julio jones ends up as a top 5 WR they look like geniuses, if he flops hard it was a swing and a miss. the falcons have a pretty solid team and a swing and a miss with jones wouldnt even set them back too far, it would be unfortunate but this is a good team on the cusp of getting better, not a good team thats gonna need to rebuild in a year or two

See I just don't think it makes them all that much better. That D is still weak and a rookie Julio Jones doesn't turn that Offense into something scary and dominant.

And Halsey, maybe I'm just not sure of who's going to be a UFA, but who's this impact DE who you guys are going to sign ahead of all of the other teams looking for a starting DE?

roscoesdad27
05-03-2011, 11:28 AM

They're definitely the measuring stick, they are the team that put em out at their place last season in embarrassing fashion. This move is saying were gonna beat u 49-48 this time, which is stupid.

Bengalsrocket
05-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Also, keep in mind that "1st rounder" is not even close to an accurate indicator of value. The two Falcons 1st rounders is like 1 top 5-10 pick value-wise. Meaning the Bengals gave up just as much for AJ Green as Atlanta gave up for Jones. In fact, the Bengals effectively made the same trade for Green that the Falcons did for Jones so that move should garner just as much criticism.

Uhh, no we didn't. Because we're still going to be picking in the first round next year.

If we're as awful as we're expected to be, we're going have AJ Green + a top 10 pick over 2 drafts. The Falcons will just get Julio Jones. Even if we're better than expected and are picking in the 25ish range, we still get AJ Green + that pick.

K Train
05-03-2011, 11:40 AM
See I just don't think it makes them all that much better. That D is still weak and a rookie Julio Jones doesn't turn that Offense into something scary and dominant.

And Halsey, maybe I'm just not sure of who's going to be a UFA, but who's this impact DE who you guys are going to sign ahead of all of the other teams looking for a starting DE?

but would a rookie DE turn that defense around into a top 5 caliber one? i dont think so.

i think a rookie julio jones gives them a legitimate threat opposite roddy white...deep, over the middle, short with YAC ability....it was a ballsy move like i said, but i wouldnt call it a bad one. they could have moved up for robert quinn too and i would have liked that move as well. i just like the mindset of "well we were almost there, we have a good foundation, lets really make a move today to make the team better in the now"

duckseason
05-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Uhh, no we didn't. Because we're still going to be picking in the first round next year.

If we're as awful as we're expected to be, we're going have AJ Green + a top 10 pick over 2 drafts. The Falcons will just get Julio Jones. Even if we're better than expected and are picking in the 25ish range, we still get AJ Green + that pick.
I understand that. What I obviously meant was that Cincinnati had the same pile of picks sitting in front of them that Atlanta had, and both teams chose to go with the elite young WR instead. Meaning they both placed a similarly extremely high value on a rookie WR. Cincy's '12 pick isn't relevant to my point.

Not trying to knock the Bengals here. Just providing "a little perspective" that many in this thread don't seem to have.

CrankthatCrabtree
05-03-2011, 11:50 AM

He fell due to character, because teams like the Falcons wont touch a guy with any skirmishes on his record. I am shocked that people Julio is a better prospect on the field over Dez(especially given Dez's flashes his rookie year)

ryno626
05-03-2011, 12:53 PM
He's going to play DB...(wait for it)...BECAUSE HE KNOWS WHAT THE OPPOSING WR IS THINKING

Rosebud
05-03-2011, 01:05 PM
but would a rookie DE turn that defense around into a top 5 caliber one? i dont think so.

i think a rookie julio jones gives them a legitimate threat opposite roddy white...deep, over the middle, short with YAC ability....it was a ballsy move like i said, but i wouldnt call it a bad one. they could have moved up for robert quinn too and i would have liked that move as well. i just like the mindset of "well we were almost there, we have a good foundation, lets really make a move today to make the team better in the now"

I don't really disagree, but that's probably a big reason why I don't think the Falcons are actually going to win the superbowl this season. Another part of why I don't like them giving away so much of their ammo to make this move. That D needs more talent added to it to make it a top tier unit, the secondary isn't exceptional they need a starting DE and high upside guy to polish behind Abe, they need Jerry to either start playing like the first rounder he was or to find a better partner for Babs and they just need more impact players on D. Granted the O wasn't beastly and so could be better, it's the D, at least IMO that let them down and needs to be their focus, and even with the improved offense they get with Julio Jones I don't see them being able to make up for a more middle of the road D when they're deeper in the playoffs.

Monomach
05-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Wait wait wait.

Julio's a possession receiver all through college. All of a sudden, Atlanta makes a Herschel Walker trade for him and Falcon fans are hyping him up as a first-year impact as a deep threat...?

Holy ****. The level of crazy is well over 9000.

D-Unit
05-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Do Falcons fans prefer Julio Jones over AJ Green? Or how about Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald? I'm pretty sure for that price you could've gotten them and most any player in the league for that price too.

2 firsts, a second and 2 fouths??? Yeah... probably could've gotten DeMarcus Ware.

Saints-Tigers
05-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Julio could end up a better player than Roddy White, people are discounting how good he COULD be.

Still a bad trade though. But you need elite receivers all over when you don't have an elite QB.

Halsey
05-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Wait wait wait.

Julio's a possession receiver all through college. All of a sudden, Atlanta makes a Herschel Walker trade for him and Falcon fans are hyping him up as a first-year impact as a deep threat...?

Holy ****. The level of crazy is well over 9000.

Herschel Walker was traded for 5 active players and 6 Draft picks. But don't let the facts get in the way of your jealousy lol.

and the Falcons didn't Draft Julio Jones for college. They drafted him for the NFL. As you learn about football you'll find players aren't always the same in pros and they were in college. He'll won't be playing for Alabama, catching passes from Greg McElroy in the NFL.

Halsey
05-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Do Falcons fans prefer Julio Jones over AJ Green? Or how about Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald? I'm pretty sure for that price you could've gotten them and most any player in the league for that price too.

2 firsts, a second and 2 fouths??? Yeah... probably could've gotten DeMarcus Ware.

The Falcons will take the 22 year old elite prospect. The Texans and Cardinals can keep the 30 year old WRs. Age matters in the value of a player. If it didn't, the Falcons could just sign Randy Moss.

Iamcanadian
05-03-2011, 03:50 PM
The cost of QB Jay Cutler and a fifth: two firsts and of a third

The trade was forced on them hardly a comparison. They were dealing from weakness with few options.

The cost of WR Anquan Boldin: one third and one fourth

A veteran with maybe one or 2 more seasons when he will still be effective. Rotton comparison.

The cost of WR Brandon Marshall: two 2nds

Another forced trade from weakness and a player with huge character issues. Another weak side to your argument.

The cost of WR Juilo Jones: two 1sts, one 2nd, and two 4ths

The most expensive of these guys has never played a snap. The others have been to the pro bowl.

Why do I keep seeing people praising this trade? You know...other than from the Browns side of things? It's like Holmgren was playing Madden with "fair trades" turned off.

Just show me a # of teams that have been rebuilt by trading top 10 picks for selections in the 20's, at a # where you are basically looking at round 2 talent. In fact to even get a decent pick, Cleveland had to give up a #3 to move up for Taylor.
Cleveland has done it twice in the last 3 years, something no team in my memory has every been successful at, rebuilding using this method.
Madden couldn't recognize a fair trade if it saw one, I got news for you, it's a game with little reality to real pro football.
IMO, the trade stunk for Cleveland and will likely doom them to at least another 5 years of mediocrity.

Brown Leader
05-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Just show me a # of teams that have been rebuilt by trading top 10 picks for selections in the 20's, at a # where you are basically looking at round 2 talent. In fact to even get a decent pick, Cleveland had to give up a #3 to move up for Taylor.
Cleveland has done it twice in the last 3 years, something no team in my memory has every been successful at, rebuilding using this method.
Madden couldn't recognize a fair trade if it saw one, I got news for you, it's a game with little reality to real pro football.
IMO, the trade stunk for Cleveland and will likely doom them to at least another 5 years of mediocrity.

So who would you have preferred at 6?

CrankthatCrabtree
05-03-2011, 04:42 PM
The Falcons will take the 22 year old elite prospect. The Texans and Cardinals can keep the 30 year old WRs. Age matters in the value of a player. If it didn't, the Falcons could just sign Randy Moss.

I would nto consider Julio Jones an elite prospect. C'mon now.

CrankthatCrabtree
05-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Julio could end up a better player than Roddy White, people are discounting how good he COULD be.

Still a bad trade though. But you need elite receivers all over when you don't have an elite QB.

No ******* way is Matt Ryan an elite QB. Jeez...people throw around the word elite like it means nothing. Is every fringe top 10 QB considered elite these days?

D-Unit
05-03-2011, 04:54 PM
I guess the point went way over your head. Basically for that cost, you could've gotten your choice of many players in the NFL.

D-Unit
05-03-2011, 04:55 PM
No ******* way is Matt Ryan an elite QB. Jeez...people throw around the word elite like it means nothing. Is every fringe top 10 QB considered elite these days?
EXACTLY. No way is Matt Ryan elite.

yo123
05-03-2011, 05:04 PM

....He said they don't have an elite QB.

ElectricEye
05-03-2011, 05:06 PM
The funny part is Saints-Tigers was fairly implicit about Ryan NOT being an elite QB and has stated such multiple times in the past.

http://www.success-in-magic.com/read_trans.gif

Raiderz4Life
05-03-2011, 05:11 PM

Should..uh...re-read that again and maybe apply some reading comprehension.

CrankthatCrabtree
05-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Ya dumbass. Learn to ******* read!!!

(hangs head in shame)

:(

NGSeiler
05-03-2011, 05:27 PM

Not without a CBA.

Also, Adam Schefter did report that the Falcons talked to Cincy about moving up to the four-spot for Green, but the deal fell through.

I'm not sure how I feel about the trade. It's a pretty ballsy move and it's a lot to give up, but if the end result is a championship or multiple championships, I don't think the organization or fans will care that much.

Saints-Tigers
05-03-2011, 06:20 PM
The funny part is Saints-Tigers was fairly implicit about Ryan NOT being an elite QB and has stated such multiple times in the past.

http://www.success-in-magic.com/read_trans.gif

Freals!

I throw it out there every chance I get!

Halsey
05-03-2011, 08:02 PM
I would nto consider Julio Jones an elite prospect. C'mon now.

The Falcons consider him an elite prospect. Hopefully, unlike Crabtree, he'll live up to those expectations.

Halsey
05-03-2011, 08:05 PM
I guess the point went way over your head. Basically for that cost, you could've gotten your choice of many players in the NFL.

They made their choice. They wanted a stud WR to help Matt Ryan for the next decade.