PDA

View Full Version : Washington Redskins 2011-2012 Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

DiG
05-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Draft is over! Let the path to Luck begin!

Curious what everyone thinks the WR depth chart will look like to start the season and what it looks like at the end of the season?

DiG
05-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Im going to guess that 6 receivers make the roster. I really love the Aldrick Robinson pick and I think he has great potential but at this point I'm projecting him to the practice squad. His best shot imo at a roster spot is if Malcolm Kelly shows no improvement and/or Brandon Banks regresses from his unfortunate injury. I don't think Kelly has much of a leash this year. He's either healthy and plays well enough to be the #3 or he cant shake injuries and is out the door.

Depth Chart:

Base:
Z - Moss / Hankerson
X - Armstrong / Kelly / Paul

3 WR Set
Y - Moss / Paul
X - Kelly / Hankerson
Z - Armstrong / Banks

Practice Squad - Austin / Robinson

I think Hankerson vs Kelly is going to be the matchup to keep an eye on and I'm rooting for Hank.

SolidGold
05-02-2011, 01:14 PM
I think Kelly is gone either way. Robinson should make the team.

DiG
05-02-2011, 01:39 PM
I think Kelly is gone either way. Robinson should make the team.

I just don't see any reason that Shanahan would have kept him on the roster the way he did if he didnt expect to give him a legit shot at the roster and thought if he was healthy he could contribute.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Kelly will take care of himself, he'll be injured and cut before a single preseason game. It will be interesting if Moss decides to sign elsewhere and chase a ring. That would likely make Hank and Armstrong our starters and the fight for that slot wideout would be interesting.

DiG
05-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Kelly will take care of himself, he'll be injured and cut before a single preseason game. It will be interesting if Moss decides to sign elsewhere and chase a ring. That would likely make Hank and Armstrong our starters and the fight for that slot wideout would be interesting.

If Moss decided to sign somewhere I imagine we would target a guy like Sims Walker, Ocho, James Jones, Sidney Rice, Braylon, etc.

Orakpowned
05-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Moss is re-signing with the Redskins. He doesn't want to go anywhere else.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Moss is re-signing with the Redskins. He doesn't want to go anywhere else.

ok even if you do have sources within the organization I'm sorry but are you Santana Moss, are you inside of his head? How can you say he doesn't want to go anywhere else? LeBron James kept telling everyone he was re-signing in Cleveland until it actually happened. I know you get upset when people call you out like on the Gabbert and Dalton thing, but it's kind of annoying how any time any of us make a statement you have to come in and act like we are wrong because you know what will happen. Again you said it yourself nothing is sure. Just like how you say you know Ryan Harris will sign with us. How exactly do you know that. I don't doubt he'd be interested in signing with Shanny and the Broncos drafted someone to take his job, but if Ryan Harris to the Skins was a sure thing, we'd be violating some tampering rules.

Orakpowned
05-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Santana Moss and the Redskins agreed to a deal before the lockout. He will re-sign when the lockout's over. He doesn't want to go anywhere else. I'm 100% about it. If he doesn't re-sign, I'll never post on here again.

As for Harris, had the Redskins had the draft pick the Broncos wanted, they would have traded for him last year. They didn't have the pick, which is why they traded for Jammal Brown. Harris has been told that he's not in the Broncos plans any longer and he will be a free agent. Notice they drafted Orlando Franklin early during the draft.

2 Live Crew
05-02-2011, 03:31 PM

We can dream :)

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

D-Unit
05-02-2011, 06:47 PM

Curious what everyone thinks the WR depth chart will look like to start the season and what it looks like at the end of the season?
If you guys are bad enough to be gunning for Luck, then that is sad.

Does Shanny have that kind of leash?

2 Live Crew
05-02-2011, 08:25 PM

Snyder says he has changed a little bit these days. Shanny will get next year no matter what happens this year I believe. Snyder knows we have to rebuild now. Shanny was pretty much given the worst roster in the league.

And even if he does fire Shanny for having the worst record, I don't care because we get Luck.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2011, 09:06 PM
IF Haslett has another last rank defense year he will be fired, the new Defensive coordinator might then bring in a 4-3 which is fine with me since our personnel fits it better anyways.

DiG
05-02-2011, 09:49 PM

Definetely think hasletts leash is a lot shortert than shanahans. It's clear as all hell we are in a rebuilding phase and a future franchise qb has to be part of that. The goal this year will be to build the defense, find out who steps up at wr and rb, and continue to put together an oline that fits this offense started with trent Williams last year. I don't foresee winning a lot of games but we will compete.

Orakpowned
05-02-2011, 11:00 PM
They're not "gunning" for Luck. The Redskins will try to win every game just like every other team. There could be up to 8 potential franchise QBs in next year's draft. Thinking they're going to tank the season for Luck is absurd.

dannyz
05-02-2011, 11:08 PM
They're not "gunning" for Luck. The Redskins will try to win every game just like every other team. There could be up to 8 potential franchise QBs in next year's draft. Thinking they're going to tank the season for Luck is absurd.

Yeah now one is going to try and loose games but you have to think the Roster is not that Great and you guys did not get a QB at all this year while all the other teams in your Division are getting better. No one wants to Finish Last but at least Next Year the Prize will be better than Cam Newton.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2011, 11:23 PM

Of course they are not tyring to tank the season, although starting John Beck is about as equivalent to that as possible.

DiG
05-03-2011, 07:50 AM

i agree. i dont think for a second any team in the nfl goes into a season with the plan of tanking. i just said i dont foresee us winning many games.

703SKINS202
05-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Besides Luck, who would you want the skins to take as their franchise QB? Barkley, Jones, Foles?

SolidGold
05-06-2011, 08:53 AM
I think Barkley would be a consolation prize to Luck. Has anyone seen anything of Ryan Lindley? I have seen him as a first round in a few mock drafts.

I think Landry Jones could also be an option if he plays well, that is just me going off the rumors that Shannahan loved Sam Bradford who also came out of OU.

Poz51
05-06-2011, 12:10 PM
IF Haslett has another last rank defense year he will be fired, the new Defensive coordinator might then bring in a 4-3 which is fine with me since our personnel fits it better anyways.

Anyone else think that this (running a 4-3) is the best option for the team?
Kerrigan and Orakpo at DE, Haynesworth (If they are stuck with him) and Jenkins at DT would be a formidable front. Not sure if this has been discussed on this board, but in the Tidewater region is a hot topic right now... Thoughts?

SeanTaylorRIP
05-06-2011, 12:20 PM
We've discussed it before, but yeah two years ago we were at top 10 defense with the same personnel. Last year with the conversion to the 3-4 we became the last ranked defense in the league. Andre Carter coming off 10.5 sacks didn't even touch the field. Rocky McIntosh a borderline pro bowl material linbacker became inglufed in blocks, even London Fletcher's play declined. Also it's not like the personnel we are drafting are even great 3-4 fits, Kerrigan like you said is the perfect LDE in a 4-3. As long as Haslett's here though we are running a 3-4. Our defense fits a 4-3 so well. Kerrigan/Carter, Haynesworth, Jenkins and Jarmon/Carriker on the line. London Fletcher MLB, Rocky McIntosh WLB, Orakpo SLB. Secondary with Landry, Otogwe, and Hall. Unfortunately though because of our 4-3 Carter and McIntosh will be gone and Kerrigan is either just a situational rusher or we have the worst coverage linebackers in the league. Always good when you have Jason Witten, Kevin Boss, and Brent Celek in your division. Again it appears that Jarvis Jenkins may in fact be our NT, he's pretty strong but again not a great fit, he's not Haloti Ngata with the insane strength to play NT or 5 tech.

Vick2Jackson
05-06-2011, 03:05 PM
The worst team in the NFCE by a wide margin. Poor fans.... LOL.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-06-2011, 03:09 PM

Haha you are by far the most useless poster on these boards, it's actually quite entertaining.

DiG
05-06-2011, 03:17 PM

i think i found you

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/795/676/106899943_display_image.jpg?1300388494

JustDezIT
05-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Haha you are by far the most useless poster on these boards, it's actually quite entertaining.

he's telling the truth..... Truth hurts.

703SKINS202
05-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Useless trolls.

treyskins
05-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Interesting piece from J. Reid in todays washpost;

Basically saying Beck is gonna be the Skins no1 QB for 2011 and thats why they didnt draft anyone(should have picked up mcelroy).
Gutsy call by the Shanahan's as you dont get long at ANY ballclub in the nfl to turn around its fortunes.
Another losing season= even more pressure for 2012 and the new "franchise" QB.

Mike Shanahan has a track record with QB but is there even ONE of you out there that thinks this will work?
Of course,Reid may have been sold a line and the free agent QB they want to bring in,isnt available.
Yet.

Like i said,Beck as starter with Grossman number 2 is a gutsy call.
Tanking the whole season will do little for Shanahan attempts to re-build,i dont think its in Mikes nature.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-12-2011, 05:01 PM
What exactly is this Mike Shannahan QB history everyone talks about? Yeah he got to work with Steve Young and John Elway, that doesn't tell me anything. What is telling is from the supposed QB guru has never really drafted and developed even a succesful backup. His QB draft picks have been Jeff Lewis, Jarious Jackson, Bradlee Van Pelt, and Matt Mauk. If he's so good why couldn't he develop any of these draft picks into at least players who could stick in the league. He never did anything special with Brian Griese or Jake Plummer. So yeah I think if he has a John Elway or even Jay Cutler he can do things, but I don't see where this QB guru stuff is coming from. John Beck will be the least talented starting QB he's had to work with, thinking he'll be any good is lunacy. Any guy who was a 2nd round draft pick and couldn't beat out Cleo Lemon and Josh McCown for a roster spot isn't worth anyone's time.

Orakpowned
05-13-2011, 02:11 AM
There's more of a chance of making up with McNabb than John Beck starting this season.

DiG
07-18-2011, 07:53 AM
A few rumors out there circulating:

Skins will likely resign Moss first in the 3 day FA grace period then attempt to work a deal with J. Brown.

Potential FAs that the Skins are supposedly interested in include Josh Wilson, Santonio Holmes, Vince Young, Jenkins brothers, Ryan Harris, James Jones, Yanda, and Dahl.

Hearing W. Montgomery might get the nod at center.

Not hearing much on resigning Carlos or McIntosh.

Reports are saying that Shanahans dead serious about Beck getting the chance to start.

Can't wait to see how the chips fall.

703SKINS202
07-18-2011, 08:26 AM
I feel like there hasn't been a Skins game in 3 years.

2 Live Crew
07-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Kind of nice taking a break from a normal crazy skins offseason. But now I'm hungry for some skins news since the sports world is slowing to a crawl.

I'm on the John Beck bandwagon, lets do this.

ArkyRamsFan
07-18-2011, 06:17 PM

Well then it appears you are an army of one as most Skins fans I've heard are upset to say the least.

What is it about the Beck idea that has you on the bandwagon? I'm not criticizing, just wanna know....

SeanTaylorRIP
07-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Kind of nice taking a break from a normal crazy skins offseason. But now I'm hungry for some skins news since the sports world is slowing to a crawl.

I want to set yout bandwagon on fire.

2 Live Crew
07-19-2011, 11:25 AM
The only way to get Luck is to go down in flames my good man. I'm prepared.

DiG
07-19-2011, 06:43 PM

are the Andrew Luck and John Beck bandwagons the same ride?

2 Live Crew
07-20-2011, 10:39 AM
are the Andrew Luck and John Beck bandwagons the same ride?

I hope so.

DiG
07-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Bout to get crazy. Starting to sound like Skins are going to push hard for Santonio Holmes. Can't say I wouldnt like that! Dude is a baller. Would rather give him a 4-5 year deal than resign Moss. If we can keep Moss for a cheap short deal than I'll take both.

703SKINS202
07-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Holmes would be nice as long as we don't overspend.

DiG
07-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Holmes would be nice as long as we don't overspend.

It won't come cheap but Holmes is an elite WR and desperately needed. He may not be on the Andre J, Calvin, Fitz level but he is assuredly on the second tier. I definitely think he is the best FA WR available (not including VJax because he is not an UFA at this point). I would take Holmes over Rice, Braylon, James Jones, or anyone else on the market at this point. I think Rice is the closest. I like some of our youngsters but if we plan to draft a QB next year a guy like Holmes, already with a year in the system, would be a great addition. I'd really like to target Yanda too.

2 Live Crew
07-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Clayton says we are leading suitors for Cullen Jenkins. I'd like.

DiG
07-25-2011, 11:05 AM

definitely would be a nice pickup. would be a good mentor for jarvis. carriker, bryant, and cullen starting with jarvis and nield rotating in. not bad.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-25-2011, 11:12 AM

Cullen is at the top of my free agent wish list. A few under the radar guys I want to look at are Chris Chester as he fits the scheme great and can play G or C, Legedu Naane because he's a big slot receiver who won't demand the contract of the bigger name wideouts, and Ryan Harris because of his fit. I obviously would love to get Marshall Yanda but not sure I want to shell out that much money. Defensively the guys I hope we target are Kevin Burnett and Eric Wright, Wright I like as a high upside guy as long as it isn't a huge contract.

DiG
07-25-2011, 04:22 PM
hearing legit talk that skins are very interested in sidney rice and barry cofield too.

treyskins
07-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Things will now get real busy the next few weeks.

I hope its the Lines that gets the most attention in Free Agency.

Prefer some of our own to get re-signed too,like Moss and Jammal Brown.
After the Lines an Inside Linebacker to go alongside Fletcher and a decent Corner-Joseph(bengals).
With a short pre-season/training camp not expecting any trades for a QB but no doubt Shanny will be looking around to see whats on offer.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Jamaal has shown desire to want to play LT for a team, so I'd rather go with a guy who is committed towards being a full time RT, although obviously I'd rather overpay Jamaal to play RT than ever see Heyer in a Skins uni ever again.

treyskins
07-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Ancient Bears punter Brad Maynard coming to the Skins?

Florida's Safety Will Hill worth the risk for the Skins-any views on him?

DiG
07-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Anyone else really excited about signing Willie Smith, OT, East Carolina? I liked him in the later rounds of the draft and really think he should push heyer right away. Hope we target Zach Hurd, Jake Kirkpatrick, Ryan Bartholomew, Steven Friday, and Mario Addison too.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Ancient Bears punter Brad Maynard coming to the Skins?

Florida's Safety Will Hill worth the risk for the Skins-any views on him?

Will Hill is a sucky football player and an even worse human being.

DiG
07-26-2011, 08:18 AM
word is will hill is not signing here.

2 Live Crew
07-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Where are you guys finding the UDFA signings? What I'm looking at only shows 2 Skins UDFA's.

Canadian_draft_fan
07-26-2011, 11:00 AM
word is will hill is not signing here.
I hope you're right. If there's one moron in this draft I wanted the Skins to avoid, it was Hill.

DiG
07-26-2011, 11:10 AM
per Russellmania980Chris Russell"

Contract is official for #ECU OT Willie Smith. He is en route to #Redskins Park. 3-year deal, 15 K guaranteed. He is a LT, can play RT/G

3 year deal nice!

DiG
07-26-2011, 12:00 PM
PhillipBuchanon Phillip Buchanon
Wuz up, family .. #Redskins or #Jets?????

**NFL UPDATED NEWS**Source: Chiefs in talks with 2 WR'S ( Santana Moss / Breaston ) something could go down later today

DiG
07-26-2011, 02:24 PM
edited. not confirmed.

SolidGold
07-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Can't wait to see if any of Orakpowned's predictions come true in FA

treyskins
07-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Pleased that Santana Moss re-signs to a 3 year deal.

QB carousel has already started-McNabb to the vikes if he wants to re-do his deal.
The Skins not getting much in return(go for a 3rd/4th rounder in 2013 instead)

Researched the twitter on will hill-he cannot be that dumb and get into college,pure comedy,the youtube vid of him taking out the guy in a wheelchair just about sums it up.
Would have been the perfect room mate for Albert.

Canadian_draft_fan
07-27-2011, 02:36 AM
Pleased that Santana Moss re-signs to a 3 year deal.

QB carousel has already started-McNabb to the vikes if he wants to re-do his deal.
The Skins not getting much in return(go for a 3rd/4th rounder in 2013 instead)

Researched the twitter on will hill-he cannot be that dumb and get into college,pure comedy,the youtube vid of him taking out the guy in a wheelchair just about sums it up.
Would have been the perfect room mate for Albert.
I'm OK with Moss staying.

Skins sign Cofield:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/27/redskins-land-barry-cofield/
Seems a little light for NT but he is a good player.

Apparently McNabb to Vikings just a matter of hours:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/santana-moss-re-signs-with-redskins-fates-of-donovan-mcnabb-albert-haynesworth-uncertain/2011/07/26/gIQANe7gbI_story.html
Man did the Eagles see us coming. Oh well, at least we get something for him.

DiG
07-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Not quite sure where the Skins are going to play Cofield but I know hes still young, productive, and has a relentless motor. All things we lack in the trenches.

703SKINS202
07-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Apparently at NT, we'll see how he does there not sure if he can play it effectively but at the very least he can play DE and will be great for pass rush downs.

DiG
07-27-2011, 08:55 AM
donte stallworth 1 year deal with the skins. not confident that the skins are counting on much from him. not even sure hell still be on the roster week 1.

2 Live Crew
07-27-2011, 10:04 AM
I like Cofield, still want Jenkins though.

Mcnabb trade hopefully going down for a 6th and a conditional 2013 6th.

So essentially we traded a 2nd and a 3rd (i think?) for two 6ths. Fantastic deal.

SolidGold
07-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Not quite sure where the Skins are going to play Cofield but I know hes still young, productive, and has a relentless motor. All things we lack in the trenches.

Adam Carriker was actually pretty good as well last year. They still need a true NT for the 3-4 though. I wonder if they will sign a Kelly Gregg type to a one / two year deal if they don't resign Kemo.

DiG
07-27-2011, 05:51 PM
loving the josh wilson signing! two terps in the backfield!!!!

2 Live Crew
07-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Josh Wilson, wow very nice signing there.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-27-2011, 09:28 PM
I actually love trading Jarmon for Gaffney. Jarmon wasn't ever going to do anything in our scheme so although he's young who cares, we probably would end up cutting him eventually. Wouldn't shock me to see him go to the Broncos new 43 and become a great player but in DC it wouldn't have worked out, Gaffney is a very solid 2. Again sucks we have no #1 wideouts but hell anythings better than having Joey Galloway out there. Moss, Gaffney and Armstrong are all #2's but at least there's options. One or both of Stallworth or Stokley will be cut. Would love to cut Malcolm Kelly and his bum ass he isn't going to ever do anything and would waste a roster spot. Moss, Gaffney, Hankerson, and Armstrong are locks. Going to be a real dog fight for the last spot or two between Kelly, Stallworth, Stokley, Austin, Banks, Aldrick, and Niles. I'm scared Stokely makes the roster because of his veteran leadership. I'd hate to lose a nice young player for a vet like that. My wish is that Kelly, Stallworth, and Stokely all get axed. I'd keep Banks and either Terrence Austin or Niles Paul. Unfortunately it looks like both Niles Paul and Aldrick could be on the practice squad and could be stolen from us.

DiG
07-28-2011, 07:15 AM
so long fat al!! similar to mcnabb im just happy to get some sort of compensation in return and glad he didnt go to an nfc east team. i was really excited about the gaffney trade as well. i am not too thrilled about stokley or stallworth because i dont want them to take away playing time from hankerson but i am hoping hankerson outplays them right away. wouldnt at all be surprised to see stallworth cut. probably going to see what hes got but i dont expect much.

DiG
07-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Rabach cut!!!! Hearing the Cullen Jenkins will be a done deal by end of today and sounds like Stokely isnt coming here after all. Too many other WRs signed/traded for. Glad to hear.

DiG
07-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Defense 2011/2012:

Cullen Jenkins // Barry Cofield // Adam Carriker

Brian Orakpo // London Fletcher // Lo Alexander // Ryan Kerrigan

DeAngelo Hall // OJ Atogwe // Laron Landry // Josh Wilson

Backups:
DL - Jarvis Jenkins, Anthony Bryant, Chris Nield
ILB - Perry Riley, Robert Henson
OLB - Chris Wilson, Rob Jackson
CB - Kevin Barnes, Byron Westbrook
S - Dejon Gomes, Kareem Moore, Macho Harris

I think Henson and Alexander will battle for the starting ILB spot. Hard to say at this point who wins out. I like what I'm seeing otherwise. This should be a much improved defense imo. Still wouldn't mind adding a dime cb. Maybe bring back Phil Buchanon if the price is right. Would also like another OLB. Didn't Gomes play CB at Nebraska? He could get a shot there too.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Isn't Chris Horton still there? I know Shanny isn't a huge fan but he still probably beats out Gomes and Macho for a roster spot with his special teams ability and experience stepping in and starting.

DiG
07-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Looks like Horton is under contract for one more year. Probably will beat out Harris. I expect Gomes to get a shot because he can play CB and S.

SolidGold
07-28-2011, 08:52 AM
I like the look of the Redskins defense if they sign Jenkins. The secondary looks really good on paper.

DiG
07-28-2011, 09:05 AM
I like the look of the Redskins defense if they sign Jenkins. The secondary looks really good on paper.

In most defenses, and especially the 3-4, your secondary is only as good as your ability to put pressure on the qb. I do think with jenkins and cofield on the line that Orakpo and Kerrigan could really do some damage.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-28-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm still unsure with Cofield as a nose personally I'd like to find at least a serviceable NT then we could rotate Cofield between DE and inside on rush downs. Someone with experience like Kelly Gregg or Justin Bannan would make sense.

Canadian_draft_fan
07-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Defense 2011/2012:

Cullen Jenkins // Barry Cofield // Adam Carriker

Brian Orakpo // London Fletcher // Lo Alexander // Ryan Kerrigan

DeAngelo Hall // OJ Atogwe // Laron Landry // Josh Wilson

Backups:
DL - Jarvis Jenkins, Anthony Bryant, Chris Nield
ILB - Perry Riley, Robert Henson
OLB - Chris Wilson, Rob Jackson
CB - Kevin Barnes, Byron Westbrook
S - Dejon Gomes, Kareem Moore, Macho Harris

I think Henson and Alexander will battle for the starting ILB spot. Hard to say at this point who wins out. I like what I'm seeing otherwise. This should be a much improved defense imo. Still wouldn't mind adding a dime cb. Maybe bring back Phil Buchanon if the price is right. Would also like another OLB. Didn't Gomes play CB at Nebraska? He could get a shot there too.
I like this list but i think Riley wins the ILB job. Both Orakpo & Kerrigan aren't/won't be good in coverage so we need an athletic ILB to cover TEs, and that ain't Alexander. Plus i think the Skins will have 1 more DL and 1 more CB (Buchannon?) to make 25 roster spots for the defense.

2 Live Crew
07-28-2011, 09:49 AM
So Fat Al traded for a 5th and Rabach cut!? I think this is the best offseason day for the skins of all time.

DiG
07-28-2011, 12:20 PM
really happy with the bowen signing. 3 years younger than cullen and entering the prime of his career. cowboy fans on here have been talking him up like crazy the past year.

Canadian_draft_fan
07-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Skins just signed Chris Chester C from the Ravens. Not sure if he will be C or G but at least it's an Olineman.

DiG
07-28-2011, 03:30 PM
id guess guard. i think kory l at center and will montgomery at the other guard spot.

Canadian_draft_fan
07-28-2011, 03:40 PM
really happy with the bowen signing. 3 years younger than cullen and entering the prime of his career. cowboy fans on here have been talking him up like crazy the past year.
I actually like what the Skins have done today. Dumped a bunch of old underperforming vets and got younger & potentially better replacements. Getting younger is a huge win for me.

703SKINS202
07-28-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm getting so tired of people crowning us off-season kings again. We have made a lot of signings but they are all modest and have been guys who are hitting their prime. Also we're adressing the trenches not just throwing ridiculous cash at one plug in skill player. It's not like Haynesworth, McNabb, Archuleta, Deion, etc.

treyskins
07-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Bowen and Chester(think he'll be the center) were useful pick-ups for us.
Very useful.

"Getting younger/Hitting their prime"-

erm,we didn't get the ancient Bears punter but we land the iggles former punter Sav Rocca.
He is 37 years old.

On twitter, the skins have allegedly contacted Corner Nate Clements(san fran).
Tomorrow should see some more movement for the O-Line.

703SKINS202
07-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Who cares how old a punter is he an be 65 as long as he can still kick

monson
07-28-2011, 07:22 PM
how well will Al and Donovan do this year? Will this be a reflection on Shanahan? The worst case is both meet in the superbowl.... But, if both have solid seasons and outperform rex and cofield...... What do you guys think? I like Shanahan but he seems to have botched it with both these guys. Maybe not?

SeanTaylorRIP
07-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Love almost all the moves we've done so far glad Stokely isn't coming and that we cut Roydell. We basically cut dead weight salary and have signed guys who fit. Obviously with the Bowen signing we no longer will go after Cullen in all liklihood but hell if we managed to get him on our Dline would be nasty. Of course though would rather spend money elsewhere. I actually love the Chester fit in Shanny's system. He is soft as tissue paper at times but he is versatile and one of the best pulling lineman in the league. What we need now is either a starting ILB or OLB, I prefer ILB, and we do need a RT, maybe another interior lineman, and it would be cool if we added another corner or at least keep Buchanan. Of course though if we start Beck we will still be a 5 win team but at least the future would be bright as well other than the QB spot.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-29-2011, 07:10 AM
Also I wish we would target Manny Lawson. He's exactly what we need. He's the perfect complement to Orakpo with his coverage skills then you can bring in Kerrigan as Orakpo's backup and a rush end. Also I feel like Lawson's lack of pass rush ability is a bit overblown given his athleticism. A lot of that has to do with scheme and him not being sent on blitzes.

DiG
07-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Kerrigan rocking #53. Fred Davis switched to #83. Atogwe with #20. Helu took Portis #26. Hankerson sticking with his same college number #85.

DiG
07-29-2011, 08:17 AM
What we need now is either a starting ILB or OLB, I prefer ILB

Guy I would love to look at is Tulloch. Heard the Eagles are looking at him.

Canadian_draft_fan
07-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Also I wish we would target Manny Lawson. He's exactly what we need. He's the perfect complement to Orakpo with his coverage skills then you can bring in Kerrigan as Orakpo's backup and a rush end. Also I feel like Lawson's lack of pass rush ability is a bit overblown given his athleticism. A lot of that has to do with scheme and him not being sent on blitzes.
Sorry, but don't see any way that Kerrigan isn't starting opposite Orakpo. I think the skins are sticking with what they have at LB but will add a RT (Brown or Harris) and that will be that. I'm glad the Skins have spread Fa money around to fill holes as opposed to going for big names.

DiG
07-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Don't take too much stock into practices this early but first team LB crew today was Orakpo, Fletcher, Riley, and Kerrigan. Lorenzo was 2nd team ILB.

DiG
07-29-2011, 11:17 AM
First OL group today -- T.Williams LT, Lichtensteiger LG, Montgomery C, Hicks RG, Oldenburg RT

Shanahan said that they intend to play Chester at RG so itll look like probably week 1:

First OL group -- T.Williams LT, Lichtensteiger LG, Montgomery C, Taylor RG, Brown/Harris RT

DiG
07-29-2011, 11:19 AM
@granthpaulsen
Grant Paulsen
Learned that Dan Snyder was not at #Redskins Park over the last 3 days while the team was busy making moves. Has actually been out of town.

703SKINS202
08-01-2011, 09:13 AM
How do you guys like the addition of Hightower? I think it's a pretty good move considering we only gave up Holliday and a conditional pick. I really like the youth movement that this team is making, they've finally realized to re-build you gotta go young.

Also glad we re-signed Brown and at a pretty reasonable price only $8 mil guaranteed.

JRTPlaya21
08-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Well being a Richmond kid I'm quite ecstatic that Tim gets to represent our organization.

DiG
08-01-2011, 11:31 AM
i think we got a steal on hightower and on jbrown. i really thought we were going to have to break the bank with LT money on jbrown and im very pleased with the contract we got worked out with him. hightowers only 25 and has shown some legitimate sparks. he has some nice speed and runs hard but i really like his receiving ability out of the backfield and ive read he does well with blitz pickups. im impressed we went after a young guy like hightower with upside rather than spending on a 30+ year old on the downside of his career.

2 Live Crew
08-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Eh, I think I'd rather have kept the draft pick then take Hightower...have enough young RB's as it is.

Shanny's real worried about Torain's injury history it seems

D-Unit
08-01-2011, 04:26 PM
We liked him as a break out candidate for sure. But you paid him like he's proved a lot, which he hasn't. It's a gamble that could work or not.

hawkeye123
08-01-2011, 04:52 PM
How was Carlos Rogers for you guys?

treyskins
08-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Was getting withdrawal symptoms at the weekend,
what with the iggles loading up on talent and future picks.

Pleased to get Jammal Brown back on a decent contract BUT our new re-vamped O-Line has 4/5ths of the players who were with the team BACK AGAIN.
Time will bring the best out of this Z.B.S.unit or we haven't much improved a Line that was really bad last year?
Are you confident this lot can untrack the run game in 2011?

Hightower is good value,especially on 3rd downs but i'm hoping Helu is the star,after all he is taking over the number 26 jersey.

Corner;
Losing out to cincy for nate clements felt a downer but if we have re-signed phil buchanon AND got kelvin hayden(oft.injured) then we have got some height back in the secondary.

Linebacker;
Losing out to buffalo for nick barnett was another downer but the Skins are looking at channing crowder(downgrade) and lofa tatupu(is he a f.a.?).
Riley has youth on his side but if london fletcher were to miss any time the inside linebacker position would suffer.

Kicking;
Shayne Graham brought in to give graham gano competition.
Graham versus Graham,may the best one win.

treyskins
08-01-2011, 04:56 PM
How was Carlos Rogers for you guys?

Ended up injury prone and couldn't catch.
Wants lots of dollars but a change of scenery may help him,
just dont overpay like you did with nate clements.

2 Live Crew
08-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Rocky re-signs, Golston/Doughty back as well.

Jarvis Jenkins impressing early in camp, nice to see that.

Torain broken hand. Rex looks fat at camp

SeanTaylorRIP
08-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Glad with our draft and signings we are actually trying to build depth. Keyaron Fox is a nice signing, good special teams player and actual 34 experience. Glad we cut Robert Henson never liked him. I'm just glad we aren't throwing Perry Riley to the Wolves he simply isn't ready to be a starter but the Rocky contract means he could be a starter as soon as next year, if he in fact is worthy of it. Hell if we miss out on Luck I'll gladly take Burfict.

DiG
08-09-2011, 10:29 AM
First Depth Chart released. Surely will change from now until week 1 but definitely a few interesting battles going on.

WR Santana Moss / Anthony Armstrong / Donte' Stallworth / Aldrick Robinson / Malcolm Kelly
LT Trent Williams / Sean Locklear / Corey O'Daniel
LG Kory Lichtensteiger / Maurice Hurt / Selvish Capers
C Will Montgomery / Erik Cook / Donovan Raiola
RG Chris Chester / Artis Hicks / Xavier Fulton
RT Jammal Brown / Willie Smith / Clint Oldenburg
TE Chris Cooley / Fred Davis / Logan Paulsen / Mike Sellers / Joe Torchia
WR Jabar Gaffney / Leonard Hankerson / Terrence Austin / Niles Paul / Brandon Banks
QB Rex Grossman / John Beck / Kellen Clemens / Ben Chappell / Marc Verica
FB Darrel Young / Keiland Williams
RB Tim Hightower / Roy Helu / Evan Royster / Shaun Draughn / James Davis

DE Adam Carriker / Jarvis Jenkins / Doug Worthington
NT Barry Cofield / Anthony Bryant / Chris Neild / Thomas Weaver
DE Stephen Bowen / Kedric Golston / Darrion Scott / Jeff Stehle
OLB Ryan Kerrigan / Lorenzo Alexander / Markus White
ILB London Fletcher / Keyaron Fox / Obi Ezeh
ILB Rocky McIntosh / Perry Riley
OLB Brian Orakpo / Rob Jackson / Edgar Jones / Eric McBride
CB DeAngelo Hall / Kevin Barnes / Reggie Jones / Brandyn Thompson
Tyrone Grant
S Laron Landry / Reed Doughty / Chris Horton / DeJon Gomes
S Oshiomogho Atogwe / Anderson Russell / Davonte Shannon
CB Josh Wilson / Phillip Buchanon / Byron Westbrook / Dante Barnes

On offense its wierd as hell to see Sellers as 3rd string FB. I get the feeling he might be cut by the time everything is said and done. I'm excited about Gaffney. I think he could be a guy that makes a nice impact. Disappointed to see Capers not showing the coaches much promise. I think Locklear was a nice depth pickup. Should push Kory. Didn't take long for Rex to quiet the John Beck talk. I never actually believed any of the Beck as starter BS. Most exciting for me offensively though is Hightower. We all knew we couldn't trust Torrains health and he's already shown that hes just as fragile as ever. Hightower has been really impressing so far and I think he is going to make the most of this time without Torain around.

Defensively, everything out of camp is that Jarvis Jenkins is absolutely tearing it up! Looks like we were wrong about Lo moving inside. It will be interesting to see how the ILB rotation works out this year. I don't expect Gomes to be so far down the depth chart much longer. He's been killing it in practice and Horton apparently has been struggling. I'd love to see him end up right behind Landry.

PS - Malcolm Kelly is officially worthless (not that he wasnt already)

SolidGold
08-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Dirty....how has Neild looked? U mentioned something about him in the studs/dudes thread. Also not to sound to stupid but has Clemens looked decent? How is his arm? Im sure he has to be better than Beck.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-09-2011, 07:58 PM
I still think Beck will be the starter, this is just the depth chart for this weeks games, Beck has been hurt so it's understandble Rex is #1 on the depth chart. Also I definitely would keep Sellers as the #3 TE instead of Paulsen. Sellers can block alright from the TE spot and is a good special teamer who can play FB at any time. I don't feel comfortable putting all our eggs in DY's basket. Also Keiland isn't really a full back. He's just a slow RB.

DiG
08-13-2011, 08:47 PM
sexy rexy 200 yrds in the first half. nuff said. lots of good things to take from the game. ill post detailed stuff soon.

McBain
08-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Manning usually sits the pre season, rigt?

JBCX
08-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Is it just my imagination or are the Skins actually pretty stacked on defense this year?

Could easily be a top 10, if not top 5, defense.

703SKINS202
08-18-2011, 09:41 AM
I would hardly say we're stacked. We added some depth along the defensive line which is great but the lincebacking corp and secondary is pretty thin. Landry will probably be hampered by that Achilles injury all year and Wilson already got nicked in preseason. We really have no solid backups at the OLB position that could come in and make us top 10 worthy. I'd be happy with a top 20 defense at this point. We have a lot of potential but we are pretty young and only in the 2nd year of the 3-4 and have a lot of new guys that still haven't gelled.

Hurricanes25
08-20-2011, 08:23 PM
How did Hankerson look last night? (I saw the stat line). I know the 'skins haven't been too happy with him thus far.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-20-2011, 08:29 PM
How did Hankerson look last night? (I saw the stat line). I know the 'skins haven't been too happy with him thus far.

Much better made some plays albiet he went completely uncovered however he had another awful Carlos Rogers type draft. I'm just not impressed at this time. He's big and pretty fast but he runs bad routes, has awful hands, and isn't very strong after the catch. He has a ton of potential and while unlikely I honestly wouldn't be sad if he were on the pratice squad, it's depressing considering when we drafted him I thought for sure he'd be the #2 WR. As of now Moss, Gaffney, Armstrong are roster locks. Brandon Banks is as well if he can stay healthy because of his return ability. If not Terrence Austin will take his spot. That leaves 1-2 more spots. Stallworth should get a spot so it would be down to Hankerson, Niles Paul, Aldrick Robinson, and Malcolm Kelly. Personally I'd give it to Paul but Hankerson will get it since he's a 3rd round pick.

TACKLE
08-24-2011, 01:00 PM
I just came in here to say that Trent Williams has been one of the most impressive players I've watched this preseason. He looked flat out dominant against Pitt and looked very good from what I saw in the game against Indy. I'm excited to watch him this week again vs. the Ravens and for the rest of this season really. It appears as if he's really taken that next step.

Also, any word on how Aldrick Robinson is doing? I'm assuming his PT has been limited because of all the new WR's you have on the roster but what have you heard/seen from him so far?

DiG
08-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Just reading through the ESPN top 200 players and had to vent/laugh a bit. Heres where the Skins players fall in:

#119 Cooley

#122 Orakpo
Ranked ahead of Orakpo: Trent Cole 26, Suggs 31, Freeny 32, Mario 33, Charles Johnson 48, Cam Wake 57, Mathis 70, Ray Edwards 79,

#138 London
Ranked ahead of London: Ray Lewis 67, Beason 72, Daryl Smith 80, Urlacher 86, Greenway 100

#142 DHall
Ranked ahead of DHall: Tramon 61, Winfield 63, Champ 64, Newman 82, DRC 83, Vontae Davis 92

2 Live Crew
08-24-2011, 05:03 PM
I just came in here to say that Trent Williams has been one of the most impressive players I've watched this preseason. He looked flat out dominant against Pitt and looked very good from what I saw in the game against Indy. I'm excited to watch him this week again vs. the Ravens and for the rest of this season really. It appears as if he's really taken that next step.

Also, any word on how Aldrick Robinson is doing? I'm assuming his PT has been limited because of all the new WR's you have on the roster but what have you heard/seen from him so far?

Have to disagree on Trent. His pass blocking was pretty sub par vs Indy, gave up 2 sacks. Granted one was to Freeney, but the other I believe he just whiffed on some 2nd string lineman.

Other than that, I have been pleasantly surprised so far this preseason by the team. The OL seems to have gelled a bit in the zone blocking scheme and big holes have been opening up. The D could surprise as well this year and be around league average.

Re: Robinson, hasn't shown up much in practice and I haven't seen him do anything in the preseason games yet. He's going to be on the Practice Squad or probably cut.

TACKLE
08-26-2011, 04:02 AM
Have to disagree on Trent. His pass blocking was pretty sub par vs Indy, gave up 2 sacks. Granted one was to Freeney, but the other I believe he just whiffed on some 2nd string lineman.

Other than that, I have been pleasantly surprised so far this preseason by the team. The OL seems to have gelled a bit in the zone blocking scheme and big holes have been opening up. The D could surprise as well this year and be around league average.

Re: Robinson, hasn't shown up much in practice and I haven't seen him do anything in the preseason games yet. He's going to be on the Practice Squad or probably cut.

Hmmm well I only saw a little bit of that Indy game though I did watch him extensively against Pitt and today against Baltimore. Still, I think he's in for a great season and has looked flat out dominant in the run game. So far it looks like he's lived up to the billing of being a perfect fit in that offense.

2 Live Crew
08-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Hmmm well I only saw a little bit of that Indy game though I did watch him extensively against Pitt and today against Baltimore. Still, I think he's in for a great season and has looked flat out dominant in the run game. So far it looks like he's lived up to the billing of being a perfect fit in that offense.

Yea his run blocking is on point. On that Hightower TD run last night, he MAULED Ray Lewis on the backside

DiG
08-26-2011, 10:39 AM
really really sucks to lose jarvis jenkins for the year.

SolidGold
08-26-2011, 11:49 AM
That sucks about Jenkins. Carriker played well last year though. My fav Redskin is officially Chris Neild though, looks like a crazy barbarian with the shaved head and that beard. Hope he makes the team as a reserve NT.

DiG
08-31-2011, 10:54 AM
malcolm kelly finally placed on waivers. epic facepalm.

2 Live Crew
08-31-2011, 01:45 PM
"malcolm kelly finally placed on waivers. epic facepalm."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/cerratoradioshow.jpg

703SKINS202
08-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Wish Malcolm the best. Super talented, just too many injuries time and again.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-31-2011, 03:48 PM
So kelly and Thomas from that year are gone? Who else was from that year?

SolidGold
08-31-2011, 07:50 PM
I think a QB for all Redskins fans to keep an eye on is Ryan Tannehill. If he has a good senior year he could be the first senior QB off the board next April. He is very athletic - played WR for 2 1/2 years before overtaking Jerrod Johnson. With college football starting this weekend I figured I might as well throw his name into the mix as conversation as a potential QBOTF.

DiG
09-01-2011, 11:34 AM
So kelly and Thomas from that year are gone? Who else was from that year?

Fred Davis picked in between. Some interesting notes on the Kelly pick:

"Noticed a lot of stuff today linking Vinny Cerrato with Malcolm Kelly. Let's be clear about this: Daniel M. Snyder picked Kelly. He picked him despite the warnings of the team's medical staff. Several coaches on staff at time thought it was a mistake, but as one told me after Kelly was picked: "That's what the owner wanted to do." Just setting the record straight." They flew to Kelly's private workout and Snyder fell in love with him. Coaches were informed that because of knee, Malcolm would have problems practicing. Some teams assigned Malcolm a medical-reject grade, essentially saying he should not be drafted because of knee concerns.

Just to be clear II: Cerrato shares responsibility for what occurred on his watch. That's what comes with the big title and salary to to match. I would never suggest otherwise. But Snyder's supposed lack of involvement through the years is my all-time favorite fairy tale. Makes for a good laugh, though.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Great win, Fred Davis is beast. I've got to say though if Landy doesn't come back soon we are in trouble, Reed Doughty is the worst safety in the league. I'm fairly certain every single play the Giants made was because of him. I don't care if he's green as hell Dejon Gomes has got to be a better option or Kevin Barnes, just god no not Reed Doughty.

SolidGold
09-12-2011, 08:59 AM
I liked that the Redskins stayed dedicated to the run all game although it was not completely effective. Grossman looked good just about all game, his arm strength is really up there with the best in the league, he just needs to eliminate mistakes.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Our O-line phyiscally is too weak to hold up a whole game especially in run blocking. Trent Williams meh, he continues to struggle. JPP is good but he cotninues to make the same technical mistakes over and over again. Makes me question his ability to improve and learn.

SolidGold
09-12-2011, 09:24 AM
They did get good contributions from the rookie class, that has to be something to build upon. Kerrigan played great and made an impact play by scoring off the pass he intercepted, Neild had two sacks and Niles Paul had the FG block. Those are really encouraging early returns for their draft class. I wonder if the Skins will go QB in the first round next year, I guess alot of it depends on Rex's performance throughout the year. I never expected them to be in the Luck sweepstakes. I would love to see them get Tannehill from Texas A&M, he would be a great fit in the offense. They also need o-line help, secondary depth and ILB depth to groom as Fletcher's replacement and for McIntosh if he decides to leave.

Also, did everyone see McNabb's line...he threw for 39 yards..lol

DiG
09-12-2011, 09:27 AM
how bout my boy Chris Nield!!! Dude is relentless. 2 sacks and a forced fumble.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/9a/fullj.1359eba4fac2c045ad43581908377bbe/1359eba4fac2c045ad43581908377bbe-getty-124720704.jpg

Canadian_draft_fan
09-12-2011, 09:36 AM
how bout my boy Chris Nield!!! Dude is relentless. 2 sacks and a forced fumble.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/9a/fullj.1359eba4fac2c045ad43581908377bbe/1359eba4fac2c045ad43581908377bbe-getty-124720704.jpg
Loved how Neild played, shows that a hardworking lunch bucket type of guy gets rewarded once and a while. The book on him was more a space eater and wouldn't get much push or pocket pressure. That's not what I saw on Sunday. Pretty disappoined with Trent - JPP owned him again. STRip's comments are my concerns as well - he hasn't shown any progress and maybe has regressed some.
Edit: Saw mcnabb's stats and further confirms my opinion that he is done as a reliable starter. the Iggles saw us coming and fleeced the Skins in that trade.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-12-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm also very happy with Josh Wilson he's an upgrade over Carlos Rogers. I'm also shocked through the preseason and yesterday how good Rocky looks. Last year he was lost and horrible. He's looked real stout and has improved his pass rushing.

2 Live Crew
09-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Wait, so you CAN win by more than one score!?

Seriously though, pretty solid win. Rex looked good. The Giants D just seemed all over that stretch run play...hopefully the run game looks better against a non divisional foe. Trent getting owned by JPP wasn't fun to watch either.

Skins front 7 played real well. I said this before the season but this secondary without Landry is in for a hurting vs better passing teams. Luckily we have a last place schedule so we don't face a whole lot of them.

DiG
09-12-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm also very happy with Josh Wilson he's an upgrade over Carlos Rogers. I'm also shocked through the preseason and yesterday how good Rocky looks. Last year he was lost and horrible. He's looked real stout and has improved his pass rushing in the second half.

fixed your post. mcintosh struggled in the first half imo but looked a lot better in the second half. still a liability in coverage though.

703SKINS202
09-12-2011, 01:09 PM
So happy we got Neild, I knew whoever got him was going to get a steal. I thought the D looked great yesterday with the exception of some horrible mistakes by Doughty who is an astronomical liability in coverage. The addition of Cofield has been great, although not a typical NT he still does a great job of controlling the line, although he was getting worked pretty good a couple plays. However, when we really needed a stop we got them and that was the difference in the game.

As far as offense I thought Rex did a great job throwing the ball with the exception of the deep ball. I really hope he tries to work on that but at this point I don't think there is much room for improvement. If he can this offense should really take off because guys are getting open in this system so credit to Kyle. The run game looks pretty good so far the line is not very strong and we aren't that deep so I think we might get out muscled by some teams but Hightower looks great and ready to roll. He took all but one carry which says a lot about the condition he's in and I still think that Ryan Torrain is a good RB that we should utilize when fully healthy.

Fred Davis was the stand out yesterday, he looks like he's in the best shape of his life and I know he trimmed down a bit which is obviously helping. I think he could be poised for a 700-800 yard type season and will be a good option in the red zone so he will have a chance to score. I thought Armstrong made some really nice catches, he dropped some too but the one near the goalline that Phillips knocked out was a great play by the safety. Gaffney is an improvement over what we had last year and Moss looked like his consistent self. I don't recall seeing Hank in the game but he has to earn it and work on the drops.

As far as Graham Gano, what can you do? He just can not make a kick when you need one but his leg is a big plus for touchbacks with the new rule. I just we would could find a steady kicker for once in my life.

Hurricanes25
09-12-2011, 01:38 PM
You guys looked very goo agianst the Giants yesterday. Sexy Rexy looked good for the most part. The guy that stood out the most was Fred Davis. He was all over the field making plays. Santana looked crisp and healthy so that's a good sign. I was impressed.

McBain
09-12-2011, 04:22 PM
As far as Graham Gano, what can you do? He just can not make a kick when you need one but his leg is a big plus for touchbacks with the new rule. I just we would could find a steady kicker for once in my life.

Bring back Lohmiller and Mosely.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-12-2011, 08:53 PM
703skins Hank wasn't active, neither was Stallworth, problem with Hank and Stallworth is they don't play special teams which is why Terrence Austin and Niles Paul were in there. I think we are pretty much comfortable with Moss, Gaffney, Armstrong, Cooley, and Davis, then Austin, Paul, and Banks as backup WR's if need be. I don't expect Hank or Stallworth to be active or get pt until injuries. Really makes you wonder why you'd keep a stallworth over a young guy like Royster or Aldrick or a backup D-lineman like Bryant or Worthington. Or Edgar Jones who is a nice special teams player and rotational pass rusher.

703SKINS202
09-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Ok that makes sense then. I heard Mike Shanahan say he needs to prove himself in practice if he wants to get pt. IIRC Shanahan said that Banks will strictly be a return specialist and wont take reps at WR.

2 Live Crew
09-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Gano finally coming through, Kerrigan is a beast.

Dhall gettin burned by Fitz probably shouldve lost us the game. This team actually fights back and plays smart though, totally different than past yrs when they wouldve lost this game easily.

Rex threw one bad pass but looked pretty good otherwise. Fred Davis making Cooley obsolete like I said before the season.

SolidGold
09-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Through two games they have looked good. Kerrigan looks great, pairing him the Orakpo should solidify that pass rush for awhile. Not to jump the gun but I can't wait to see what they do in the draft next year.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-18-2011, 09:41 PM
I wouldn't give Gano too much credit, he's making field goals even a high school kicker should. I've never seen an NFL player in which you are so nervous for field goals within 40 yards. His kicks are just way too low, I called that blocked kick before the play. Great win though, Fred Davis is beast and has really improved his blocking. Wilson will probably be out although in comparison the Boys may be missing Miles Austin and Felix Jones. Need Landry back asap.

DiG
09-19-2011, 01:33 PM
nuff said

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0918/nfl_u_orakpo_gb1_576.jpg

703SKINS202
09-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Orakpo and Kerrigan played great yesterday. Kerrigan is a stud.

Cicero
09-20-2011, 12:05 AM
I saw Helu got involved in the gameplan on Sunday. What do you guys think the chances of him splitting carries or taking over for Hightower are?

SeanTaylorRIP
09-20-2011, 12:13 AM
I saw Helu got involved in the gameplan on Sunday. What do you guys think the chances of him splitting carries or taking over for Hightower are?

He's not taking over Hightower unless Hightower starts fumbling. Hightower is perfect for Shanny's one cut system, he runs hard as hell and is our best option in pass protection. I do see Helu implemented though more in the passing game and he is definitely the top option when Hightower is resting.

SolidGold
09-20-2011, 10:18 AM
This team seems tailor made to take on the Eagles. A run heavy offense to go right at the Eagles weakpoint - the middle of the defense with a defense that will get pressure on Vick who still gets rattled when blitzed and makes mistakes. Orakpo and Kerrigan both have 70lbs on Vick, they can really do some damage.

McBain
09-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Dallas Week!

D-Unit
09-20-2011, 06:07 PM
nuff said

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0918/nfl_u_orakpo_gb1_576.jpg
Oh dayum .

DiG
09-26-2011, 10:50 PM
thanks for one of the worst called games in the last 5 years kyle shanahan...and that includes zorns terribleness. and the 3rd and 21 blitz call wasnt much better.

2 Live Crew
09-26-2011, 10:57 PM
Extremely disappointing to lose that game the way they did. An average team beats Dallas by 2 TDs with all the mistakes they made. Dallas was trying to give the game away repeatedly and they just didn't take it.

3rd and 21 all out blitz was dumb. The offensive playcalling wasn't that bad until near the redzone when it was pretty terrible.

DiG
09-26-2011, 10:58 PM
3rd and 21 all out blitz was dumb. The offensive playcalling wasn't that bad until near the redzone when it was pretty terrible.

are you kidding me?? you must have been watching a different game than me.

2 Live Crew
09-27-2011, 10:24 AM
The fans of every team will complain about playcalling if they lose, its inevitable. The playcalling will never be perfect. Could it have been better? Of course. Bottom line, the players should've won this game, no excuses.

SolidGold
09-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Deangelo Hall gets my blame for losing this game. The guy run's his mouth all week and than gives up a huge conversion on 3rd & 21 to Dez Bryant with a face mask pentaly of 15 yds on top of it.

D-Unit
09-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Deangelo Hall gets my blame for losing this game. The guy run's his mouth all week and than gives up a huge conversion on 3rd & 21 to Dez Bryant with a face mask pentaly of 15 yds on top of it.
We used to have our version of Deangelo Hall in Patrick Crayton. Dude's mouth was always all over the media and then he would come up with the worst busted plays in the crunch.

Mad props to Orakpo for making Doug Free his *****. We've got fans suggesting maybe it's time to move Tyron to the left side already. lol.

Trent Williams also did a good job on Ware. You had to have loved his dirty push when the play was over but the 2 were still going at it a little. Ware still did his thing, but Williams did a good job.

...and good Lord... Laron Landry is a BEEEEEEAST! When does his contract expire?

Canadian_draft_fan
09-28-2011, 11:21 AM
We used to have our version of Deangelo Hall in Patrick Crayton. Dude's mouth was always all over the media and then he would come up with the worst busted plays in the crunch.

Mad props to Orakpo for making Doug Free his *****. We've got fans suggesting maybe it's time to move Tyron to the left side already. lol.

Trent Williams also did a good job on Ware. You had to have loved his dirty push when the play was over but the 2 were still going at it a little. Ware still did his thing, but Williams did a good job.

...and good Lord... Laron Landry is a BEEEEEEAST! When does his contract expire?
Hard fought but sloppy game on both sides.
Interesting comments on the snap count controversy and lack of holding calls:
http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2011/09/for-the-winning-team-the-cowboys-sure-complained-a-lot.html
For the most part referee calls tend to even out over time so I try not to complain too much abut them. It's hard to do so when you apssionately support one side, however.

treyskins
10-02-2011, 04:03 PM
At least we found some answers regarding our run game.

Torain makes a difference.
The D is still holding up pretty well.
Everything else...............pretty ugly.

The Skins must be the worse 3-1 team out there but hey-the cowgirls and iggles lose.
Plenty to work on but that "draft a franchise QB" is starting to look out of reach.
Sucks to keep winning!

Cicero
10-02-2011, 06:11 PM
At least we found some answers regarding our run game.

Torain makes a difference.
The D is still holding up pretty well.
Everything else...............pretty ugly.

The Skins must be the worse 3-1 team out there but hey-the cowgirls and iggles lose.
Plenty to work on but that "draft a franchise QB" is starting to look out of reach.
Sucks to keep winning!

Torain looked like an absolute monster today. If he was a little more durable I really think he would be one of the better RBs in the NFL.

SolidGold
10-02-2011, 06:32 PM
It's nice to see the Skins staying dedicated to the run game and playing strong defense.

DiG
10-02-2011, 06:43 PM
It's nice to see the Skins staying dedicated to the run game and playing strong defense.

i dont think we stayed with the run enough honestly. but damn orakpo and kerrigan with a decent dline is just nasty.

703SKINS202
10-02-2011, 09:26 PM
7 sacks, this defense is already pretty complete in the front 7, kerrigan is the droty so far and rak is unstoppable at times...props to the front office

DiG
10-02-2011, 09:30 PM
our dline has 6.5 sacks this season through 4 games. Last year our dline had 9 sacks total through the entire season.

703SKINS202
10-02-2011, 09:39 PM
not just that, they are creating plays for the backers, i've been really impressed with cofield at the nose and wilson has played great the last two weeks..at this point im not quite sure what position i want us to target in round 1....im a huge blackmon fan but i guess we'll have to see where were picking first, mlb seems most likely at this point

SolidGold
10-02-2011, 09:48 PM
I think the Skins go QB in all honesty. I think they will make a move up to get one of the top ones. The Redskins have had a pretty damn good draft class this year and infused alot of youth into the team. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Redskins put some huge package of draft picks to try and get Luck if the team drafting number one has a young QB they view as their franchise (Vikings, Rams, Chiefs (maybe) Colts - I know this is a stretch but Polian could convince himself that Manning will be back to 100% and be around for 4-5 more years).

Blackmon doesn't really do it for me, I would rather they got someone like Floyd if they wanted a WR.

703SKINS202
10-02-2011, 09:55 PM
What does Blackmon not do for you? Easily a top 15 talent.

DiG
10-02-2011, 10:02 PM
blackmon is my favorite non qb player in this draft right now honestly. but im still going with luck, barkley, griffin iii over blackmon right now if im the front office. hopefully we will be drafting too late for any of them though!

SolidGold
10-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Floyd is bigger, more physical, plays in a pro style offense and can create after the catch. The spread WRs make me uneasy. Admittedly I have not seen much of Blackmon though. I'm just a bigger Floyd fan.

DiG
10-02-2011, 10:04 PM
not sure i agree taht floyd is more physical...bigger might be the only thing id give floyd over blackmon

703SKINS202
10-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Blackmon is Hakeem Nicks, I would take Hakeem Nicks at this point.

Dirty I have Luck and Barkley ahead of Blackmon too but don't think we will have a shot to draft either one. RG3 I'm not sure about yet, need to watch him more.

SolidGold
10-02-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm not sold on Griffin yet. That WR they have is damned good and is getting really overshadowed.

This WR class is pretty deep, I won't argue that it is a need though. Moss is our best WR and he is like 32. Gaffney is a journeymand, Armstrong is a nice story. Hankerson has been a big disappointment in training camp and Paul has shown flashes.

D-Unit
10-03-2011, 03:32 PM
blackmon is my favorite non qb player in this draft right now honestly. but im still going with luck, barkley, griffin iii over blackmon right now if im the front office. hopefully we will be drafting too late for any of them though!
Luck and Barkley will be out of reach for you guys and RG3 is not a Shanahan type QB. I think you could be looking at Tannehill, Lindley, or Foles though.

DiG
10-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Luck and Barkley will be out of reach for you guys and RG3 is not a Shanahan type QB. I think you could be looking at Tannehill, Lindley, or Foles though.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/9/1/donotwant128647321583253281.jpg

D-Unit
10-03-2011, 05:48 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/9/1/donotwant128647321583253281.jpg
Haha how do they get a dog to make such a human like expression!

I wonder if the Front Office considers Beck to be the future.

Canadian_draft_fan
10-04-2011, 09:31 AM
I agree on Tannehill - I think he fits Shanny's system. The last couple of games have been rough outings for him so we'll see if he can bounce back.

SolidGold
10-04-2011, 09:46 AM
This year's draft is actually pretty good in terms of QB depth. I think a good QB can fall to them unlike last year where teams made some pretty big first round reaches. Next year is actually deep at the two positions the Redskins are weakest - QB and WR.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I disagree I think RGIII is a Shanny type QB, he's got monster deep ball accuracy, has a quick release which is important, and is incredibly mobile, not to mention he's incredibly intelligent and a fast learner. IMO if Shanny can look past the raw parts of his game RGIII has pro bowl potential in a Shanny system. BTW if the front office thought that Beck was anything more than a backup QB he'd be our starter considering he was with the team the whole offseason and played even with Grossman in the QB competition. Even considering him in the future is ludicrous.

DiG
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM
another great weekend for the skins! losses to giants and eagles!

Canadian_draft_fan
10-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Skins are sure having things role their way early on. I still think this team is an 8-8 team and will miss the playoffs but I think Shanny has the team on the right track.

2 Live Crew
10-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Wow, they can pretty much bury the Eagles for this year with a win. I think they matchup well vs Philly and coming off a bye too...But I won't get my hopes up yet

SeanTaylorRIP
10-10-2011, 08:48 PM
I don't forget last year, I know we are different but still I won't forget that embarassment so I'll temper my expectations.

gpngc
10-10-2011, 08:53 PM

You're welcome.

D-Unit
10-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Wow, they can pretty much bury the Eagles for this year with a win. I think they matchup well vs Philly and coming off a bye too...But I won't get my hopes up yet
You guys play the Eagles? Wow.

BURY THEM ALIVE!!!!

SolidGold
10-14-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm expecting the Redskins to win this game. I have said it a few times that they are built to beat the Eagles. Their strengths as a team exploit the Eagles weaknesses.

Canadian_draft_fan
10-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm expecting the Redskins to win this game. I have said it a few times that they are built to beat the Eagles. Their strengths as a team exploit the Eagles weaknesses.
If they stick to the running game and take the ball out of Rex's hands they'll have a decent shot.

DiG
10-17-2011, 09:51 AM
lol rexy doing what rexy does

Canadian_draft_fan
10-17-2011, 10:38 AM
lol rexy doing what rexy does
We all knew this was coming. So far in 2011 Sexy Rexy has 11 turnovers and 6 TD passes. Even when we were winning he was hurting the team.
Maybe a couple of good things can come of this: Beck is at least competent as a starter and Shanny realizes he has to draft his QB of the future in April.
If we start Rex next week I will gouge my eyes out rather than watch that game.

2 Live Crew
10-17-2011, 10:57 AM
lol Rex. I'll take a loss if it means I never have to see Rex on the field again. Let me see what's behind door #2

DiG
10-17-2011, 02:08 PM
lol Rex. I'll take a loss if it means I never have to see Rex on the field again. Let me see what's behind door #2

bring back colt brennan!!!

SolidGold
10-17-2011, 02:19 PM
I feel stupid :(

The Skins got away from the running game pretty quick. I guess they had to because they were down alot. The Orakpo hit in the end zone on vick which negated an intentional grounding call (IMO) really hurt too.

treyskins
10-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Last week it was the iggles making the mistakes which let the bills beat them.

This week,fresh from a bye it was our turn to mess up and since we are not a quick score team like the iggles we had no chance.
Especially when 2 of our Linemen are badly injured(deliberate cheap shots??).
Only we DID have a chance in the second half thanks to our improving D.
The Skins out-scored the dirty birds and shut them out.
That was with Rexy and the wideouts with the dropsies and lack of a run game and a re-shuffled O-Line and no Cooley.

Crazy!

Felt bad after the game(deja vu) but today i dunno....................

Of course if they are starting Rexy next sunday im looking elsewhere!

2 Live Crew
10-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Well at least Beck looked like a competent QB out there compared to Rex. The injuries are probably a blessing in disguise.

We weren't expecting these guys to do any damage in the playoffs and now some young guys like Helu and the WR's can step in and get some playing time. Probably end up with about 6-7 wins like originally thought. Decent draft spot for an early QB or not too far down to trade up if needed.

Injuries are going to affect this team worse than others since they're just now starting to rebuild some depth on this team. The D looked pretty atrocious. Orakpo's play was dissapointing.

DiG
10-25-2011, 12:02 PM
I am not sure what makes you think we can pull off 6-7 wins. Moss is out 5-7 weeks...Hightower for the year...we can't seem to get a string of games going with two healthy starting safeties...fletcher pulled his hamstring...trent williams is out anther week or two at least...If we win 2 more games I will be surprised. Beck did look pedestrian at best but god help me if I have to watch this guy play qb for long term.

2 Live Crew
10-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Lol, well they have a pretty cake schedule is the only reason I think they win a few more, not like it matters. BUF, SF, MIA, SEA, MIN. They'll probably pull something out of that. That's not really the point though, I could care less if they win 1 more game. In fact, I'd rather them not.

Canadian_draft_fan
11-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Lol, well they have a pretty cake schedule is the only reason I think they win a few more, not like it matters. BUF, SF, MIA, SEA, MIN. They'll probably pull something out of that. That's not really the point though, I could care less if they win 1 more game. In fact, I'd rather them not.
The Skins will be lucky to win 3 more games. MIA, SEA and maybe MINN are the only games I see the Skins have any hope of winning. Skins may have to overdraft a QB (like Minny did with Ponder) because depending on where they finish.

SolidGold
11-06-2011, 07:16 PM
If the Redskins pick in the top 5 they could very well throw everything possible at the team picking number 1 to try and get Luck.

DiG
11-07-2011, 07:24 AM
If the Redskins pick in the top 5 they could very well throw everything possible at the team picking number 1 to try and get Luck.

Would be fine by me if we did. I'd be happy with Barkley too. Really impressive 6 td performance this weekend against Colorado. Colorado is awful but 6 tds in any game is impressive and some were quite nice throws.

It was nice to see Hankerson get some playing time and contribute this weekend. I thought he looked much improved from the preseason. The Niners are a really tough team to run the football on so I wasnt surprised that we didnt try to force it. Helu ran pretty well though and obviously showed he has the ability to catch passes out of the backfield. He made a few mistakes but you can definitely see the upside and the more touches he gets the better I think he will be going forward.

Kerrigan and Orakpo played outstanding I thought. Kerrigan started off the season beyond expectations then kind of cooled off for a couple games but he was back and better than ever this weekend. Those two are really going to be something to watch over the years.

OLine played better. Maurice Hurt made an appearance and didnt embarrass himself or even give up a sack for that matter. Trent Williams back makes a big difference. He was playing really well until he got yanked for the personal foul. It sucks that the second man always is the one that gets caught.

I know it doesnt need to be said but John Beck is plain awful. He shows zero confidence, zero mechanics, zero leadership, zero anything. He's painful to watch.

DiG
11-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Shannys post game quote on Hank:

"Well, [wide receiver Leonard] Hankerson has been practicing pretty good through the last few weeks. We wanted to give him an opportunity. I think he’s a difference-maker in this league. He’s got a chance to be an elite receiver. You can see it in practice — his ability to beat bump coverage one-on-one."

Some food for thought. Brandon Marshalls rookie year under Shanahan in Denver he only played in the last 8 games and finished the year with 20 rec 309 yds and 2 tds.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-07-2011, 09:07 AM
And he also said he'd stake his reputation on Beck and Grossman and also said Royster remineded him of Terrell Davis, so I put little stock in what Shanny says, I still feel like Hankerson has bad hands, can't run a route, and isn't really physical given his size. He's just kind of in between, I saw far more potential in Malcolm Kelly if it weren't for the injuries.

2 Live Crew
11-07-2011, 09:48 AM
This team is what it is at this point, not sure what else to say. Arguing over Beck and Rex is like arguing which fat chick looks better.

Bottom line, this team needs a real QB. Its kind of hard to judge the rest of the offense with Beck/Rex running the team. Almost every sack in that Bills game was on Beck, the Oline played ok. Its tough to tell how good some of these WR's are as well this QB combo. Lots of missed reads and inaccurate throws.

DiG
11-13-2011, 01:36 PM
kerrigan is having himself a game

DiG
11-14-2011, 08:45 AM
The Good:
-Kerrigan is a beast.
-Hankerson impressed. Kid is getting open a lot and showing that he can play when given the chance.
-Perry Riley was great in his first start.

Not much else really.

Canadian_draft_fan
11-14-2011, 09:34 AM
The Good:
-Kerrigan is a beast.
-Hankerson impressed. Kid is getting open a lot and showing that he can play when given the chance.
-Perry Riley was great in his first start.

Not much else really.
You're wrong - were getting competitive in the Andrew Luck derby. Still think it will go to Indy but if the Skins keep losing it may be close.

703SKINS202
11-14-2011, 09:52 AM
If the Colts said, "We'll give you the #1 pick but you have to give us Orakpo or Kerrigan." Who do you pick?

2 Live Crew
11-14-2011, 10:18 AM
You're wrong - were getting competitive in the Andrew Luck derby. Still think it will go to Indy but if the Skins keep losing it may be close.

The Colts are throwing this season and are happy to be doing so. I'm pissed that the Skins won 3 games already

DiG
11-14-2011, 11:14 AM
If the Colts said, "We'll give you the #1 pick but you have to give us Orakpo or Kerrigan." Who do you pick?

straight up thats a no brainer...but gets more complicated if you start adding picks...

Canadian_draft_fan
11-14-2011, 11:49 AM
I'd go with giving them Orakpo. Kerrigan may not have as much talent but he more than makes up for it with smarts & effort. Rak still dissapears for long stretches.
Oh, & Kerrigan is better against the run.

Canadian_draft_fan
11-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Hankerson done for the year. This season is going to be worse than last year. Skins will be lucky to win 4 games. Minny & Seattle are the only possible wins I see (and we never win in Seattle).

Hurricanes25
11-14-2011, 08:32 PM
A shame that Hankerson is out for the year. I was able to catch part of the game and he looked pretty damn good. I know he struggled a bit in the pre season so it was a pleasant surprise to see him play so well.

DiG
11-15-2011, 07:10 AM
A shame that Hankerson is out for the year. I was able to catch part of the game and he looked pretty damn good. I know he struggled a bit in the pre season so it was a pleasant surprise to see him play so well.

Coach had nothing but great things to say yesterday about Hanks progression since preseason. Talked about the tremendous level of improvement in his practice ethic, training, and attitude which obviously started to translate onto the field. He played really well catching the ball with his hands and turning upfield for extra yards. It really sucks to lose him right when he was at a point in his development where he could begin to make an impact.

critesy
11-20-2011, 05:26 AM
fully content on losing out and taking rg3. please.

DiG
11-20-2011, 12:31 PM
fully content on losing out and taking rg3. please.

i dunno. barkley is really impressing me. i like rg3 too, moreso than landry jones, but im on board the barkley bandwagon right now. honestly would be happy with any of luck barkley or rg3 though.

DiG
11-20-2011, 02:41 PM
dhall might be my least favorite player on the redskins

DiG
11-20-2011, 03:36 PM
nice work dhall...keeps us in the barkley rg3 race...

Paul
11-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Great Game. I really hate playing yall

NY+Giants=NYG
11-20-2011, 03:53 PM
That 3rd down play was terrible! If you go 4 wide or empty throw the ball and get closer! Terrible play! You need to get closer to get more yards for a kicker who already has missed a prior kick.

DiG
11-20-2011, 09:06 PM
"The way I'm playing right now, they need to go and cut me, because I'm definitely not worth what I'm getting," Hall said. "It's frustrating.

"Hopefully they see something in me and bring me back next year. But the way things are going right now, I'm definitely not playing up to par."

HChu
11-21-2011, 12:31 AM
Same poopy team? Same poopy team.

Really like Matt Barkley for some reason, even if RG III is the more dynamic player. Just no Landry Jones.

critesy
11-21-2011, 12:30 PM
landry reminds me of flacco,no thanks. will gladly take luck, barkley, rg3.

2 Live Crew
11-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Glad they lost that one, that was a little too close for comfort. Can't afford to win anymore games and have a possibility of missing on MB or RG

treyskins
11-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Skins dodged a bullet big time;

Left Tackle Trent Williams doesn't have a MCL tear,otherwise Shanny might be looking to draft another Tackle with his first pick in 2012.

Taking a QB first then getting a Right Tackle in Round 2 sounds like a plan.
Jammal Brown has guaranteed money so will probably remain starter in training camp..................but during the season will soon get injured again.

Although i see alot of Nose Tackles and Corners in Round 2 on the early mocks.
How do we get 3 second rounders?

O i forgot, vinny tried that route with thomas/kelly/davis,
Scratch that thought!

critesy
11-27-2011, 08:13 AM
4 years since sean tay passed. hope the skins win today for him.

RIP

DiG
11-28-2011, 08:16 AM
good win. hurts our chances of drafting barkley a bit but it still feels good to end a 6 game losing streak. there were some definite bright spots too.

helu obviously looked very solid again. perry riley looks like a stud out there. it was nice to see armstrong making plays downfield again. i believe that the helu and armstrong TDs were our only 2 tds this year over 20 yards.

defensively, hall had ups and downs. he made a nice play in the endzone to break up a td and had the int to ice the game but missed an easy pick 6 and gave up the td to tate. landry made some big plays but has to wrap up in the open field. he tried for the big hit in center field and gave up an extra 15-20 yards by not wrapping up. i dont blame him at all for lynchs td because the replay clearly shows he was chop blocked. in general our guys arent tackling well enough consistently.

2 Live Crew
11-28-2011, 09:13 AM
It did not feel good to end a 6 game losing streak. Same record as Seattle now and they need a QB. Ok we won a game to make the players feel good about themselves, now lets lose out.

treyskins
12-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Laron Landry missing again today,

Free Agent in 2012,
Wonder if his Redskin career is coming to a close soon
Shanny never drafted him.

BnG
12-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Laron Landry missing again today,

Free Agent in 2012,
Wonder if his Redskin career is coming to a close soon
Shanny never drafted him.

He does like him though. Shanny thinks Landry can be a playmaker. Questionable with all of these injuries, but I wouldn't be surprised if they franchise him. From articles that analyze this, it seems in order of likelihood, option 1 is Franchise Tag, option 2 is let him walk, option 3 is long-term contract.

For the people here who enjoy seeing us lose games, have no fear, we'll lose the next 4. Trent Williams and Fred Davis are suspended for the rest of the season. There goes what remains of our offense.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-07-2011, 08:22 AM
He does like him though. Shanny thinks Landry can be a playmaker. Questionable with all of these injuries, but I wouldn't be surprised if they franchise him. From articles that analyze this, it seems in order of likelihood, option 1 is Franchise Tag, option 2 is let him walk, option 3 is long-term contract.

-For the people here who enjoy seeing us lose games, have no fear, we'll lose the next 4. Trent Williams and Fred Davis are suspended for the rest of the season. There goes what remains of our offense.
You must be forgetting the Tebowzz of tight endzzz

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04bC2ZX13odMq/439x.jpg

SolidGold
12-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Trent Williams has to be considered a mild disappointment after two years, to be drafted as high as he was he certainly has not lived up to his status.

Fred Davis is just a bonehead, its a shame because he really improved ever year.

DiG
12-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Impressive win. Love beating the Giants. I thought it was the best game yet from our defense. Especially the secondary. Both DHall and Wilson played a very good game. Love seeing Orakpo and Kerrigan both get sacks and damn if Bowen isn't a beast.

Also thought that Polumbus played really well. Could turn out to be a good depth player going forward. Willie held his own decently as well. Not confident in either as full time starters but I like that they are making the most out of this experience and hopefully it'll help build depth later. Glad to see Niles Paul get some snaps but damnit please throw him some balls. I want to see what he can do in the passing game.

BnG
12-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Wow, a completely unexpected win. It hurt our draft position, but **** it. We swept the Giants, I'm happy about that.

Our defense is somehow looking very solid. It's like our players are suddenly getting what they're supposed to be doing.

On offense, it's clear we need a #1 WR, hopefully that'll be Hankerson. But we've got some great WR depth assuming we do in fact get or develop a #1 WR.

BnG
12-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Trent Williams has to be considered a mild disappointment after two years, to be drafted as high as he was he certainly has not lived up to his status.

Fred Davis is just a bonehead, its a shame because he really improved ever year.

Trent Williams is a beast on the field though. He hasn't been a disappointment, as he was our best o-lineman every week pretty consistently. He also run blocks very well.

Fred Davis has improved as a receiver, sure. But he's still a bad blocker. We still need Cooley back, because Davis is a little too hit or miss with his blocking.

BnG
12-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Impressive win. Love beating the Giants. I thought it was the best game yet from our defense. Especially the secondary. Both DHall and Wilson played a very good game. Love seeing Orakpo and Kerrigan both get sacks and damn if Bowen isn't a beast.

Yep. Our defense is very solid. Wilson, Cofield, and Bowen were all good FA pickups. I really want to see what our guys do next year with a full offseason and a year of experience in this system under their belt. Also with Jarvis Jenkins coming back so we can actually have a good d-line rotation.

Also thought that Polumbus played really well. Could turn out to be a good depth player going forward. Willie held his own decently as well. Not confident in either as full time starters but I like that they are making the most out of this experience and hopefully it'll help build depth later. Glad to see Niles Paul get some snaps but damnit please throw him some balls. I want to see what he can do in the passing game.

Yeah, I'll agree with most of that. I don't think Willie or Polumbus can start for us in the future, although Willie could surprise me. Both were solid in pass protection. Polumbus is a beat weak while run blocking though. I'm actually wondering what would happen if we moved Willie over to the right side. Willie is inconsistent while run blocking, one play he goes nowhere, the next he drives his man back. I guess that's what you can expect from a rookie, and a UDFA at that.

I don't think Niles Paul will be of any service to us in the passing game for at least another year. His routes aren't good enough. But as long as he sees and works on the little things that Stallworth and Gaffney do to get open on intermediate routes, he could be valuable to us. His run blocking is fantastic. Sometimes I'll just see him drive his man way back.

I think our receivers for next year are Gaffney, Hankerson, Moss, Stallworth, and Paul. Paul's run blocking and special teams are too valuable to leave off the team, so he'll be allowed more time to develop as a WR. Which is great. I imagine Armstrong leaves in FA, and Austin gets cut.

Canadian_draft_fan
12-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Rumours are that Beck will start Sunday. Shanny needs to secure a high draft position and Beck gives us a better chance, LOL. Seriously both QBs , should be off the roster in 2012.

DiG
02-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Tandler claims the Skins are planning to franchise Fred Davis and not Laron. Says there could be interest in transition tag on Laron.

DiG
02-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Rank your QB Preferences:

1. Draft Andrew Luck
2. Sign Peyton, trade back for Tannehill
3. Sign Peyton, draft QB mid rounds or next year
4. Draft RG3 at 6
5. Trade up for RG3
-----
6. Trade down for Tannehill, sign Orton
7. Tannehill at 6, sign Orton
8. Sign Flynn
-----
9. Draft mid round QB, sign Orton

That seems to about cover everything I can think of. Hash marks seperate my "tiers" of preference. The one scenario I honestly can't envision is one that would involve both Peyton and Luck/RG3.

2 Live Crew
02-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Tier 1
1. RG3

Tier 2
Everything else

SolidGold
02-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Not sure about Griffin...good prospect and all but no one seems to question anything about him.

If he fell to six than the Redskins should draft him, the only QB they should be trading up for is Luck.

DiG
02-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Per Laron:

"This year, I went back to the same doctor in Anderson and he instructed the best thing for me was to get open up and fully cut my Achilles and that's a tough surgery as it takes a year and a half to heal," he continued.

"So I went to get a second and a third opinion and everyone I've talked to, and not to criticize Dr. Anderson, but they said, ‘why would you want to operate on that Achilles' when there are other options to healing?' So that's where the hick-up comes in with the team. I told them I wanted to try the other procedure and it's better than the PRP and the procedure would allow my body and heel to strengthen, along with my bone structure and tendons, instead of cutting and taking away those things. It would heal on its own, so why not grant me the opportunity to do this procedure before going through a major surgery?"

On new DB coach:

“I’m happy he’s here, I’m looking forward in meeting him and hope to play with him,” said Landry. “Hopefully, if everything comes around and get worked out the way it suppose to work out, despite having surgeries and everything. Hopefully, the team isn’t thinking otherwise and we can talk about next. Other than that, I can’t wait to meet him.”

D-Unit
02-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Tandler claims the Skins are planning to franchise Fred Davis and not Laron. Says there could be interest in transition tag on Laron.
You can't just come to an agreement on Davis? He's good but the Franchise tag seems too extreme. He's not a Top 5 TE in the league. Do you really want to pay him like one?

DiG
02-10-2012, 08:08 AM
You can't just come to an agreement on Davis? He's good but the Franchise tag seems too extreme. He's not a Top 5 TE in the league. Do you really want to pay him like one?

I think that he probably wants a sizeable long term contract and the Skins probably want him to first prove that he can play a full season without injury/suspensions. I honestly think he can be a top 5 TE with a real QB and a full season. He was 3rd this year in average yards/game among TEs with a crappy QB. He was 8th in yards and only played 12 games.

treyskins
02-10-2012, 09:35 AM

A good business move by Shanny/Allen,
T.E. is one of the cheapest positions to franchise
approx $5.5 mill as opposed to nearly $10 mill for a W.R.

Not heard that it is a good year for drafting a T.E.(though wouldn't mind coby fleener) so the Skins see if Davis stays clean and mean in 2012 and pay him next year or Shanny drafts his own T.E. IN 2013.

D-Unit, how do you fancy playing two Mannings a year in the NFC East-would it add to the cowboys cup of woe?

(this, of course, has still to be determined).

Orakpowned
02-10-2012, 10:47 AM

Can't do both.

1crazyredskinsfan
02-10-2012, 04:45 PM
wtf should they franchise landy? all he's done the last two seasons is miss half of each season,and not have surgery! he's good as gone.

Orakpowned
02-16-2012, 07:15 PM
wtf should they franchise landy? all he's done the last two seasons is miss half of each season,and not have surgery! he's good as gone.

They're not going to tag Landry...

SolidGold
02-17-2012, 07:27 AM
Landry can leave as far as i am concerned. He is a good player and has improved but does not have the elite ball skills. His injury history does not help his case either.

DiG
02-24-2012, 10:31 AM
After 3 rounds of the draft and free agency, heres what ive got our depth chart looking like:

Offense
QB - Robert Griffin // David Garrard // Matt Leinart
RB - Roy Helu // Evan Royster
FB - Darrel Young
WR - Marques Colston // Leonard Hankerson // Niles Paul
WR - Jabar Gaffney // Eddie Royal // Aldrick Robinson
TE - Chris Cooley // Fred Davis // Logan Paulsen
LT - Trent Williams // Willie Smith
LG - Kory Lightensteiger // Will Montgomery
C - Chris Myers
RG - Chris Chester // Sean Locklear
RT - Barry Richardson // Mitchell Schwartz

Defense
DE - Adam Carriker // Jarvis Jenkins
NT - Barry Coefield // Chris Neild
DE - Stephen Bowen
OLB - Brian Orakpo
MLB - Perry Riley // Keyaron Fox
MLB - London Fletcher
OLB - Ryan Kerrigan // Rob Jackson
CB - DeAngelo Hall // Kevin Barnes
CB - Josh Wilson // Byron Westrbook // Brandyn Thompson
FS - Markelle Martin // DeJon Gomes
SS -Tyvon Branch

I dont know about you guys but I'd be all for an offseason that produced that kind of outcome.

2 Live Crew
02-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Yes please

703SKINS202
02-27-2012, 11:03 AM
How does everyone feel about the proposed rumor of trading our 1,2,3 in 2012 and 1 in 2013?

At this point, if that will secure the #2 pick I say go for it.

2 Live Crew
02-27-2012, 05:37 PM
You easily do that and call it a day

Orakpowned
02-27-2012, 07:31 PM
You all ready for your Robert Griffin III Redskins jerseys?!

critesy
02-27-2012, 07:52 PM
if we get RG3 i could really care less who else we get. we were a good qb away from being in the playoffs last year.