PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Broncos Interested in Haynesworth

DiG
05-02-2011, 11:03 AM
There is speculation of a potential trade involving the Denver Broncos and Washington Redskins. The Broncos could send QB Kyle Orton to the Redskins in exchange for DL Albert Haynesworth. Washington needs a quarterback and Denver needs a defensive tackle. The only question would be whether the Broncos are willing to pay Haynesworth.

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=710680-broncos-interested-in-albert-haynesworth?

Scotty D
05-02-2011, 11:17 AM
This could explain why Denver didn't draft a DT and why Washington didn't draft a QB. I think this rumor could have legs. Both players need a change of scenery and I think they are both worth the gamble. Washington can't be serious about this John Beck nonsense.

Nalej
05-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Do it! I want to see what Tebow can do.
Whether he succeeds or falls flat on his face.
I wanna seeeeee!!!

SolidGold
05-02-2011, 11:36 AM
That would be a real good trade for both teams. I hate Haynesworth and want to be rid of him in washington, he fits the 4-3 better. Orton is a solid QB who could lead a team to the playoffs, IMO.

2 Live Crew
05-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Works for both teams. Do it.

Splat
05-02-2011, 11:43 AM
When will people get it that players can't be traded?

DiG
05-02-2011, 11:46 AM

cannot be traded "today", "right now", "as we speak"...not "ever"

Scotty D
05-02-2011, 12:09 PM
cannot be traded "today", "right now", "as we speak"...not "ever"

Exactly. I suspect there are some handshake agreements and trades lined up for when the lock out is over. Teams should be prepared for 4 or 6 year free agency and have trade targets identified.

Halsey
05-02-2011, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't get too excited about Haynesworth if I was a Broncos fan. He's on the path to a league suspension and has a history of not playing hard unless he's up for a contract. The guy is able to put a spell on people, so I'm sure Denver fans will be all "OMG Albert Haynworthzz! Our defense is going to dominate!!1!".

Monomach
05-02-2011, 01:05 PM
I think Tebow is going to be a big bust, so that would probably end badly for Denver.

HOWEVAH...If they're going to commit to Tebow and have Orton rot on the bench, anyway, then it's a very good trade for both teams. They should do it.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Kyle Orton will never win you anything but much like Fitzpatrick you could do a lot worst. He can definitely put up huge numbers pretty consistently. Would be a nice stop gap between Andrew Luck :). But really I think if the Skins landed Orton we would be a decent team, or at least not the worst in the league. The fact that this trade rumor is with Denver I think gives it some legs. I do believe teams are secretly talking with each other just as I believe Marc Bulger has a secret agreement in place with Arizona. Regardless any scenario in which we get any compensation for Haynesworth is positive. I'd trade him for a conditional 7th rounder, no reason to have this bum on the bench being a team cancer.

georgiafan
05-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Kyle Orton will never win you anything but much like Fitzpatrick you could do a lot worst. He can definitely put up huge numbers pretty consistently. Would be a nice stop gap between Andrew Luck :). But really I think if the Skins landed Orton we would be a decent team, or at least not the worst in the league. The fact that this trade rumor is with Denver I think gives it some legs. I do believe teams are secretly talking with each other just as I believe Marc Bulger has a secret agreement in place with Arizona. Regardless any scenario in which we get any compensation for Haynesworth is positive. I'd trade him for a conditional 7th rounder, no reason to have this bum on the bench being a team cancer.

But if they trade for Orton they will win to many games to get Luck.

niel89
05-02-2011, 02:22 PM
It makes sense that they would be interested in him. Broncos have jack at DT and anything would help. Even a lazy Haynesworth is better than nothing.

I don't however think that trading Orton would be a good thing for Tebow. Depending on how the lockout goes, Tebow might not have that long to learn the new offense that is coming in and Orton starting for the beginning of the season might help to give him time to adjust. I do think that Tebow needs to have serious significant play time next year to see what he can do.

SFbear
05-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Rex Grossman "Kyle Orton? I'm so ***** sick of that guy!"

keylime_5
05-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Orton isn't bad, just not a franchise QB. Well, he's better than Tebow, but without the upside. He can throw for 4000 yards and 20+ Tds but he's nothing special when it counts. Haynesworth seems like he won't ever play hard again now that he has that $90M in hand from the Redskins deal.

Bucs_Rule
05-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Rex Grossman "Kyle Orton? I'm so ***** sick of that guy!"

Ha, didn't realize that. A bears QB reunion of the glory days.

roscoesdad27
05-02-2011, 06:21 PM
He may be motivated to show the skins and Shannahan up by being dominate in a 4-3. He could help set the stage for Von Miller by forcing passing situations. They HAVE to take this chance.

Saints-Tigers
05-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Haynesworth will play hard in a 4-3. Dude is a gamer, he's pissed because he was blatantly lied too, and put out of his comfort zone on the field.

SickwithIt1010
05-02-2011, 06:29 PM

They will be eventually. Football will continue someday ya know?

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Haynesworth will play hard in a 4-3. Dude is a gamer, he's pissed because he was blatantly lied too, and put out of his comfort zone on the field.

His first year in Washington we were a 4-3, yet every 2 plays when he got tired he'd pretend to be hurt, lay on the ground after the play and take himself out of the game. Our fears came true, he got paid and doesn't care about football. The guy has zero heart. Also I don't understand this crap about him being lied to. He signed with the Jim Zorn coaching staff and he did get to play in a 4-3. Zorn's staff got fired and we switched to a 3-4. So does that mean any time his team makes a coaching change he has the right to whine.

SolidGold
05-02-2011, 09:23 PM

The dude got paid 100 million dollars. He should show up to work and play in whatever defense they put on the field...defending this hack is a joke.

Scotty D
05-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Obligatory gif

http://i56.tinypic.com/2rpwb5u.gif

SickwithIt1010
05-02-2011, 10:07 PM
The dude got paid 100 million dollars. He should show up to work and play in whatever defense they put on the field...defending this hack is a joke.

Hack! Nice, i thought i was the only one on the board using that.

Great use of the word. Fat Albert is a hack.

Timbathia
05-02-2011, 10:09 PM
It makes sense that they would be interested in him. Broncos have jack at DT and anything would help. Even a lazy Haynesworth is better than nothing.

I don't however think that trading Orton would be a good thing for Tebow. Depending on how the lockout goes, Tebow might not have that long to learn the new offense that is coming in and Orton starting for the beginning of the season might help to give him time to adjust. I do think that Tebow needs to have serious significant play time next year to see what he can do.

The Broncos are essentially retaining much of last years offense, with more emphasis on the run game. Tebow started games last year running this offense, and has spent the off-season with the playbook under his pillow. He may not have it down as much as Orton, but he should be fine to start even with an extended lockout.

descendency
05-02-2011, 10:11 PM
It's worth the risk I guess.

Timbathia
05-02-2011, 10:12 PM
and if this does go down, the Broncos better get him on a heavy-incentive laden deal instead of this guaranteed ****.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2011, 10:30 PM
It's worth the risk I guess.

Is it worth the risk of Tebow sucking and being stuck with him? IMO starting QB or at least top flight backup>>> lazy sack of fat.

Timbathia
05-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Is it worth the risk of Tebow sucking and being stuck with him? IMO starting QB or at least top flight backup>>> lazy sack of fat.

Orton sucked in the second half of the past two seasons anyway.

Tebow was okay/effective in his starts. While he may never warrant the first round pick McD spent on him, I think it is highly unlikely Tebow will become a complete useless bust. And if Tebow sucks that hard, we will be in a position to take Luck next year.

descendency
05-02-2011, 10:43 PM

I realize washington fans and tennesee fans have a reason to be mad at haynesworth(less) but the Broncos need a DT, Haynesworth(less) is a great one when motivated (and wants a change of scenery), and the Broncos have likely already decided on Tebow.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2011, 10:54 PM
That's the thing though I think him being the best D-lineman on your team will be disaster on his work ethic. There are certain situations in which I think he'll try say like the Ravens playing beside Ngata on a playoff team with Ray Lewis, but on the Broncos on a bad defense and a team unlikely to contend for a super bowl I can't see any change in his attitude coming. Certain situations like the Ravens, Falcons, Colts, I can see him being good but with the Broncos it just reeks of disaster. Young defense doesn't bode well for Haynesworth. Also you can't underestimate the detriment to the locker room. Even guys like TO in Dallas he had a ton of supporters in the locker room, pretty much every player in the locker room hated Haynesworth's guts and team leaders like London Fletcher and Phillip Daniels came publicly against him. It's got to be pretty bad for respectable veterans like that to air dirty laundry. Trust me I'd love to get Orton I'm just warning Broncos fans to be careful what you ask for. There surely has to be cheaper and safer options out there. Just because you are desperate for a DT doesn't mean you should settle on a cancer like Haynesworth.

Orakpowned
05-02-2011, 10:58 PM
If this were only true, I'd be one happy dude.

Unfortunately, it's false. Haynesworth ain't goin' nowhere.

Read up on what happened with Shanahan and Darryl Gardener. ;-)

Namy
05-03-2011, 02:02 AM
It's not certain, but it seems generally clear that Tebow will be the starter for the upcoming season even if we retained Orton. Talk about "Orton still being the starter" in my opinion was a mere smokescreen to reinforce Orton's trade value and had little merit in preventing the inevitable -- Tebow will start.

Orton has made it clear that he does not want to back-up Tebow. So, if Tebow starts (which seems highly likely), then we will have a disgruntled backup QB on our team. This, too, can be cancerous to a team.

So, worst case scenario is that we swap one distraction for another. While I fully agree that Haynesworth has become a bum since he got his paycheck, a change in scenario can sometimes work wonders. Maybe unrealistic, but it's possible. Our defense (although terrible) does have some veteran leadership in Champ, Dawkins, and Doom. And our draft has given some reasons for optimism on the defensive side of the ball with the additions of Von Miller, Nate Irving, and Rahim Moore who I expect will start immediately.

Rosebud
05-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Yeah, I think Fat Albert could actually deliver some good play for the Broncos. His first year with the skins when he was slacking off he was still a part of a really strong defense that wasn't dominant but was good. For a year, with guys like Dawkins, Champ and Doom, I think Albert could give them some good play for stretches and while they'd still need to find at least 2 other guys to play next to him and spell him, I actually think it could be a situation where he feels he can make himself a lot of money as the D will be much improved next year, Doom back, Miller in, Ayers back in a 3-point stance, and maybe he convinces himself that people will attribute it primarily to his arrival and return to the 4-3.

I mean it's worth it for Orton since they need to find out from this season whether Tebow is making the strides he needs to be making to become a franchise QB.

ryno626
05-03-2011, 11:43 AM
and if this does go down, the Broncos better get him on a heavy-incentive laden deal instead of this guaranteed ****.

Isn't the majority of his guaranteed salary/huge bonuses already paid out by Washington? I think I saw somewhere that whatever team would trade for him would only be on the hook for a minimal portion of his salary and they could cut him without major salary cap implications.

Monomach
05-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Isn't the majority of his guaranteed salary/huge bonuses already paid out by Washington? I think I saw somewhere that whatever team would trade for him would only be on the hook for a minimal portion of his salary and they could cut him without major salary cap implications.

2011: 5.4 million (not guaranteed)
2012: 7.2 million (not guaranteed)
2013: 29 million (not guaranteed)
2014: 10.8 million (not guaranteed)
2015: 11.8 million (not guaranteed)

The guaranteed money has all been paid out. Who ever takes him can cut him whenever they want (obviously before 8/31/13 when he gets a 20 million dollar bonus).

703SKINS202
05-05-2011, 01:59 PM
I don't even want Orton, cut this bum and get this headache over with.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I don't even want Orton, cut this bum and get this headache over with.

So you want John Beck and Rex Grossman? lol.

Nandoss
05-05-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm loving Elway already.
If I'm not mistaken they are changing back to a 4-3, a system in which Dummervil never developed into the elite pass rusher he was in 2009 and that imo Miller does not fit, and now to plug in the hole in the middle of the line he'll get a guy who barely made it to the field for various reasons and was crying to leave a team who had just paid him the most money he will ever see in his life. Glad to see the Patriots won't struggle at mile high anymore.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Dude there is no confirmation that any of this is true, of course I wouldn't be shocked if Shanny and Elway will make a move but as far as we know this is pure speculation and idea.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm one of the few who actually liked Von Miller more as a 43 Will than a 34 OLB. Although correct me if I'm wrong Miller is projected to play SLB?

Brothgar
05-05-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm loving Elway already.
If I'm not mistaken they are changing back to a 4-3, a system in which Dummervil never developed into the elite pass rusher he was in 2009 and that imo Miller does not fit, and now to plug in the hole in the middle of the line he'll get a guy who barely made it to the field for various reasons and was crying to leave a team who had just paid him the most money he will ever see in his life. Glad to see the Patriots won't struggle at mile high anymore.

Doom had double diget sacks in his rookie season as a 4-3 DE. So you sir FAIL.

asdf1223
05-05-2011, 06:46 PM
I think Orton has much more value than Haynesworth does and the Redskins ought to give something more to this. I dont think they are going to trade picks though. Some 4-3 pieces that dont fit their roster?

Timbathia
05-05-2011, 08:02 PM

And Ebenezer Ekuban was by far and away the best pass-rushing d-lineman he has ever played next with.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
05-05-2011, 08:57 PM
i think, in this case everyone is right. yes, Fat Albert is a hack and a quitter. he got his skrilla and told DC to stick it. however, as njx and others pointed out, they have 0 DTs worth a **** in Denver. they do have 2 QBs that can't really play effectively at the same time. if Tebow is the future and Orton holds value with the Skins, why the heck wouldn't these teams complete this trade at the first available opportunity? this is the epitome of win-win trade. Denver gets a body at DT that has more talent in his fat toe than most other DTs have at all. he has an incredibly high ceiling and all they gave up was a QB that wouldn't see much playing time anyways. DC gets a QB that starts day 1 and makes them a much more competitive team and all they gave up was a DT that has already quit on them and his fat contract. this should be a done deal hours after the lock out is lifted.

703SKINS202
05-05-2011, 10:27 PM
So you want John Beck and Rex Grossman? lol.
Yea I know the whole Beck hype is just Shanny's smokescreen at getting a top QB in the draft next year. Not saying I want the Skins to tank the season but apparently Shannahan wants to.

LonghornsLegend
05-05-2011, 10:47 PM
2011: 5.4 million (not guaranteed)
2012: 7.2 million (not guaranteed)
2013: 29 million (not guaranteed)
2014: 10.8 million (not guaranteed)
2015: 11.8 million (not guaranteed)

The guaranteed money has all been paid out. Who ever takes him can cut him whenever they want (obviously before 8/31/13 when he gets a 20 million dollar bonus).

LOL. Seriously?

SeanTaylorRIP
05-05-2011, 10:56 PM
That's why I was saying when we signed him when people were overreacting that the contract wasn't bad. Yeah 41 mil guarnateed is huge but we are talking about a guy who at the time was the most dominant defender in the leauge. We took a risk and failed but on a guy who was such a beast his last year in Tennessee 41 mil isn't horrendous. Everyone was so stuck on that 100 mil figure.

Nandoss
05-06-2011, 04:52 PM

He actually had 8.5 sacks his rookie season, so if you're counting the decimal than yeah you're right. Also it's digit not diget.
He did have a 12.5 sacks his second season, but much like Tully Banta-Cain, he got 7 against non contenders in Kansas City, Oakland and Detroit.
His third season he had 5 sacks, and in his first 34 season he had 17. So yeah I'm a complete failure.

Nandoss
05-06-2011, 10:44 PM
that is a completely untrue statement. whining about 8.5 vs 12.5 and ZOMG some came against bad teams notwithstanding. it's quite clear that you've watched, at most, one broncos game a year over the last four years and that you've never actually watched doom play during a game. so please, keep regurgitating box scores like they actually mean something.

You are right stats don't mean a thing. Let's just get rid of them and decide who is good based on who has the cooler looks.

You keep saying it's untrue "because I said so" while I give you arguments and evidence otherwise. When you learn how to have a proper discussion without throwing a fit just because someone disagrees with you then I'll talk to you.

Orakpowned
05-06-2011, 11:53 PM
This ain't happening. Some idjit was likely in their office and decided to start some rumors. 0% chance it happens.

Abaddon
05-07-2011, 02:11 AM
do it. holy ****, do it.

I feel the same way. Denver goes from having a decent QB and no DTs to having no QB and no DTs. Love it.

Abaddon
05-07-2011, 02:13 AM
That's why I was saying when we signed him when people were overreacting that the contract wasn't bad. Yeah 41 mil guarnateed is huge but we are talking about a guy who at the time was the most dominant defender in the leauge. We took a risk and failed but on a guy who was such a beast his last year in Tennessee 41 mil isn't horrendous. Everyone was so stuck on that 100 mil figure.

It was a horrible contract in the eyes of anyone who's seen Haynesworth play in a non-contract year. Absolutely lolworthy.

Abaddon
05-07-2011, 02:20 AM
Obligatory gif

http://i56.tinypic.com/2rpwb5u.gif

#99 should have kicked him in his funking head as he ran by.