PDA

View Full Version : Glad To See Broncos Don't Need TE / Pats Don't Need RB!

FordFairlane
05-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Jcut and StrikeAnywhere were correct about the Broncos not needing a TE and RavenOfProphecy was correct the Pats don't need a RB. The Broncos needed two TE and the Pats needed two RB's.

Don't talk so much crap next year like you know everything. They are Mock Drafts with peoples OPINIONS. Opinions are like butts we all have them, AND YOURS STINKS! HAHAHAHA

niel89
05-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm just sad the Broncos didn't draft Rudolph haha. The Broncos 2nd TE pick did come in the 7th though and was a great value there.

PossibleCabbage
05-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Fans, and the media think that need factors into drafting much more than it actually does. There are a few teams out there who are strict BPA drafters (BPA by their value boards, which none of us are privy to), but every other team will balance "value-drafting" and "need-drafting". So if a player is the highest rated player on your board by a wide margin and you can use him, then you take him no matter what position he plays.

So the Pats don't need an RB, the Broncos and Packers don't need a TE, the Lions don't need more defensive tackles, and the Chiefs sure don't need more 5-techs... but teams don't care about need when they perceive that they're getting enough value from a pick. "Don't need" and "can't use" are entirely different things.

ElectricEye
05-02-2011, 03:21 PM
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5653/umad.jpg

I love these threads people make after the draft because they're mad. Besides, you probably gave the Pats Ingram in the first and the Broncos Rudolph in the second. Both of those teams selected players at those positions much lower than you put those two up, in all likelihood. So your little "HAHAHAHA" thread isn't even based in anything remotely close to reality or the sentiment that was likely expressed by those two.

Oh, and while I don't know the two Broncos fans who have enraged your anus, I know for a fact ROP isn't the kind of guy who would make a thread like this and go HAHAHA YOUR OPINION stinks. Crappy, crappy thread.

Scotty D
05-02-2011, 03:42 PM
I commented on a lot of mock drafts that the Lions would pick a CB and LB in the second and third rounds. I'll eat crow on that one. This draft definitely made me realize I need to change how I criticize people's mocks.

AntoinCD
05-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Almost every single Pats fan on this board, along with almost every single NFL expert said the Patriots had a huge need for OLB and DE in the draft. Yip they took one player at OLB in the 6th so obviously they have no need at all at those positions. Or maybe they didn't like the value of those positions??? It's a strange concept to take players who are higher rated on your board I know, but if you take your head out of your ass long enough you'll realise this happens. To echo what ElectricEye said about ROP, he's not only one of the most knowledgeable of Pats fans but of all posters on this board and I'd think he'd have a bit more class than calling someone out after missing on a projection. Cool thread though

Monomach
05-02-2011, 04:27 PM
http://oi55.tinypic.com/24pvqle.jpg

Roddoliver
05-02-2011, 04:33 PM
I believe some people thought the Broncos did not need a TE because John Fox apparently does not care about having a receivng TE on his offense. Richard Quinn and Dan Gronkowski would block most of the time and that's it. But guess what... The Broncos drafted a former basketball player after Clancy Barone, who coached Antonio Gates, took a good look at him. And then another receiving TE that can work more as an H-Back. I would say Fox will let OC Mike McCoy be more creative and have more freedom with the playbook.

Caulibflower
05-02-2011, 04:36 PM
http://oi55.tinypic.com/24pvqle.jpg

Wait, when was Oprah hot?

fenikz
05-02-2011, 05:35 PM

:o You better hope that Darnell Dockett doesn't read the DC boards

ChiefMojo
05-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Virgil Green was a GREAT selection by the Broncos. If it wasn't for a micro fracture in his leg early in his career, he would have gone possibly the 1st day or early 2nd day. He is a good in-line blocker, but is a very talented pass catcher.

descendency
05-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Obviously Patriots fans and Bill Belichick don't see eye to eye. Or he was just trolling us.

Diehard
05-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Rudolph in the 2nd was the mock pick that Broncos fans on this board generally disagreed with. There was plenty of discussion on the team board about acquiring a TE on day 3.

FordFairlane
05-04-2011, 10:47 AM
See I look at the draft as a work in motion. You have to look at mocks in the sense does the player have value there, does he fit the system, is the player a need. I also never say never. I will put my opinion on a player, make a suggestion but usually say if there was a slight chance of him going there it could happen. Because you never know.

FordFairlane
05-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Let me also state these two made it very clear they KNEW what the Broncos and the Pats WOULD and WOULDN'T do. I just wanted to make it clear they knew they did not!

Monomach
05-04-2011, 03:23 PM

1989?

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8173/oprah1988narrowweb300x4.jpg

Even now, I'd still hit it like the fist of an angry god. I'd hit it so good that she'd fall in love and then I'd get PAID.

Matthew Jones
05-04-2011, 03:37 PM
I really shouldn't dignify this topic with a response, but drafting a specific position does not signify a need at the position, only a value. The Patriots do not draft players based on a checklist of what their most needed positions are, otherwise Ryan Mallett wouldn't be a Patriot. New England ranked in the top ten in rushing yards and touchdowns last year. That doesn't sound like a position where an upgrade is required. Obviously they felt like the two players they drafted were the best available at their respective draft spots. "The Patriots don't need a running back" =/= "The Patriots will not draft a running back." Are these topics really necessary?

Monomach
05-04-2011, 04:07 PM
I really shouldn't dignify this topic with a response, but drafting a specific position does not signify a need at the position, only a value. The Patriots do not draft players based on a checklist of what their most needed positions are, otherwise Ryan Mallett wouldn't be a Patriot. New England ranked in the top ten in rushing yards and touchdowns last year. That doesn't sound like a position where an upgrade is required. Obviously they felt like the two players they drafted were the best available at their respective draft spots. "The Patriots don't need a running back" =/= "The Patriots will not draft a running back." Are these topics really necessary?

Stop it. We're trying to talk about Oprah here.

Rabscuttle
05-04-2011, 08:11 PM
More Oprah or wondering what it would take to get the Donks to draft a DT.

FordFairlane
05-07-2011, 09:38 AM

I didn't say it was a NEED. I said you KNEW they would not draft a RB. And you were correct they drafted two of them. Bottom line next year when you want to comment on peoples mock drafts don't pretend to know what is going on in the Pats war room and look at picks subjectively. Otherwise when you KNOW something and you are WRONG you look like a moron. Unless you prefer looking like a moron then keep telling it how it isn't.

i'm curious if you ever bloody read any of our comments, or if you actually think you were somehow right? all of you people mocked rudolph to denver in the second. and bitched anytime you were questioned about 'zomgz valuez' or 'they needz tez' and ignored all of us saying that it bloody well wasn't a second round need. well guess what? it wasn't. you were wrong. you weren't even in the vague realm of correct. especially because we all agreed that TE was a likely late round need. shockingly, it bloody was.

so honestly? can it. you have zero credibility. you make terrible mock drafts. and you don't understand any team's actual needs. i'm absolutely appalled, and you should be embarrassed, that you made such an inane thread.

The response I got was the Broncos don't need a TE because a pass catching TE will not be used with their coaching staff. Of course the two TE the Broncos drafted are both PASS CATCHING TE'S ONLY! They are known for being great pass catchers but neither one of them could block a 12 year old girl and that is why they fell in the draft. So these people who "KNOW" what WILL happen were completely and utterly WRONG!

Mock drafts are peoples opinions of how a draft will fall. If you disagree that is understandable. But respond in a matter that reflects intelligence and give advice of what you see happening. Don't act like you know because you don't. If the owner of that mock responds back and gives a reasonable explination of why they mocked it that way have an open mind and see their point of view.

Roddoliver
05-07-2011, 10:15 AM
The response I got was the Broncos don't need a TE because a pass catching TE will not be used with their coaching staff. Of course the two TE the Broncos drafted are both PASS CATCHING TE'S ONLY! They are known for being great pass catchers but neither one of them could block a 12 year old girl and that is why they fell in the draft. So these people who "KNOW" what WILL happen were completely and utterly WRONG!

Actually, Virgil Green is a pretty good blocker. Nevada asked him to block several times. He managed to block 20-year old guys, so he probably would be able to block a 12-year old girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K84KLokZGIM

Green fell to the 7th round because of a microfracture surgery.

Julius Thomas... Yea, he is a former basketball player and will have to learn the proper technique to play as an in-line TE.

ElectricEye
05-07-2011, 10:30 AM
I can't believe anyone is actually childish enough to keep this up. You picked the WRONG picks in a mock draft, in the WRONG round and are bitching about people telling you they didn't like the pick. So it's not even like you're this great mocker that was laughed at like you're trying to build yourself up to be.

When you post something on the internet, you're putting yourself out there for opinion that might not line up with your own. Maybe you should just stop posting if it bothers you that much. I disagree with people all the god damn time here, but you don't see me(or anyone else) making threads about it when I'm on the right end of it.

Going by your logic;

I'M GLAD TO SEE FORDFAIRLINE WAS TOTALLY RIGHT ABOUT ARIZONA NEEDING A QUARTERBACK LOL. HE POSTED AN ENTIRE THREAD SAYING THAT GABBER WAS GOING TO BE SLECTED 5th OVERALL AND HE DIDNT EVEN GO THERE. I GUESS EVERYONE HAS POOP AND ITS YOUR OPIONOONS LUUUULLl

That's what you look like.

DBNYDP
05-07-2011, 01:16 PM
To be fair...
In John Fox's press conference he referred to Thomas as an inline TE that would resemble Gates in the future. When talking about Green he talked about him as an H-Back. So it isn't exactly as if they are getting two pure TEs in the least, Green will be used in the passing game, but also will be used as a lead blocker for Moreno.

And pretty much every Broncos fan had the Broncos taking a TE in later rounds that was a pass catcher (several had Julius Thomas taken after his visit with Barron/Fox).

cajuncorey
05-08-2011, 06:20 PM

never brother.

CT Bronco Fan
05-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Jcut and StrikeAnywhere were correct about the Broncos not needing a TE and RavenOfProphecy was correct the Pats don't need a RB. The Broncos needed two TE and the Pats needed two RB's.

Don't talk so much crap next year like you know everything. They are Mock Drafts with peoples OPINIONS. Opinions are like butts we all have them, AND YOURS STINKS! HAHAHAHA

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/MikeOBrien/2011-04-27_120337_obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

FordFairlane
05-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Like I said. It's an opinion. It's great you thought the Broncos wouldn't draft a TE and the Pats wouldn't take a RB but you were wrong. I did think the Cardinals would take a QB. If not in round one at least in round two. Or some point in the draft. Maybe they went into the draft saying we don't need a QB or maybe they thought the QB they wanted would still be around in the second or third round. I don't know, but either way I was wrong. Of course I have no problem admitting I was wrong.

FlyingElvis
05-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Epic douchbaggery.

Also

NVxm-SO6Vdo

EDIT: I'm busy and accidentally gave +rep. Can a mod fix that? lol

descendency
05-13-2011, 03:52 PM
WTF^^^^^????

Saints-Tigers
05-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Anyway, lets pretend for a second that the two being called out are 100% wrong.... you're mad because someone critiqued your mock?

Should everyone just agree that every mock is correct? Do you post mocks in the hopes that everyone will hold hands and sing its praises?

FordFairlane
05-16-2011, 10:22 AM
No, I am just pointing out how wrong they were. I just didn't understand how a team that had no TE that can catch a ball would not be interested in a TE. And a team with a maybe RFA depending on the CBA and a 150lb backup would not be interested in a RB. But these two KNEW what would happen and they were wrong.

FlyingElvis
05-16-2011, 10:56 AM
I decided to look through ROP's comments in your mocks to determine the true level of douchbaggery involved. It looks like you posted six mock drafts and ROP commented in exactly two. His comments are included below in order to display the aforementioned level.

The first mock in which ROP commented – linked here (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2559133#post2559133).
I like Kendall Hunter but I don't think the Patriots will draft someone so similar to what they already have. With Woodhead and possibly Faulk on roster I just don't see a role for him on the team. Aaron Williams is solid but I'd go with Nate Solder there as someone for Dante Scarnecchia to try and coach up and eventually take over at one of the tackle spots.
To which you responded:
Hunter seems to be a good mix between Woodhead and Faulk. Woodhead is a good gadget guy but can't handle a 20 carry game if the need would arise. The Pats have the luxury at this point to get depth at RB since Faulk is 35 and you aren't going to win many games as Woodhead as a featured back.
ROP replied with:
BenJarvus is the primary ballcarrier, and Woodhead is the change of pace/spread/third down guy. There is no situation where the Patriots would rather have Hunter in than Woodhead, so the pick doesn't make much sense. The Patriots have held private workouts with Shane Vereen and Jordan Todman, and those two might be options around there.

The second mock in which ROP commented – linked here (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2570954#post2570954).
Wilkerson is a much better fit than Liuget. So is Heyward. I'd go Wilkerson because he's a little bigger and has 3-4 experience. His motor seems more consistent too. I'd go with Mark Ingram over Williams, much better player. Watkins is very nice. Barksdale is a huge reach and not really a good fit. I'd go with Clint Boling there. Guy, I've heard character concerns about. I'd go with someone else.

In both threads ROP mentions drafting RBs. Hell, in the first he nailed it and was exactly right in naming Shane Vereen the better fit. In the other he recommends Ingram as a better option/value. There is not even one instance of ROP saying the Patriots would not draft a RB, nor is there any post that even uses a definitive tone, suggesting he "KNEW what would happen."

So, in short, you created a thread to "call out" another member and pat yourself on the back. Solid douchebaggery, that.

In researching what actually happened, it is clear that you're 100% in the wrong in doing so in regards to ROP. Yet here you are, still trying to defend a position which is 100% wrong in regards to ROP.

Congratulations. You have officially topped my personal list for the most epic level of douchebaggery on this board.