PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Team needs

bullg8rdaddy
05-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Post your team needs here in order of importance.

prock
05-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Vikings
1. Left Tackle
2. Safety
3. Defensive Tackle
4. Wide Receiver

wicket
05-03-2011, 12:06 PM
bit early prolly as you need to see how rookies and stuff develop. The things that comes to mind for my saints.

4-3 Nose tackle: Rodgers is getting old and the D can use someone to pair up with Ellis.

Weakside Linebacker: Our starter will either be Shanle or Casillas. If its the former the saints need an upgrade very much, if the latter is the case I dont know.

Interior Offensive line: Not sure yet where exactly but the saints are a bit thin on bodies there and goodwin is getting old. If Tennant gets to start at Center then Id prefer someone who can play both center and Guard. If Goodwin keeps starting a pure guard is good enough.

Tight End: The saints did not draft a replacement for Shockey and with Jimmy Graham a capable starter the saints do lack depth at the position.

marshallb
05-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Vikings
1. Left Tackle
2. Safety
3. Defensive Tackle
4. Wide Receiver

It's way too early to be looking at this, especially without knowing the results of this year's free agency, but I would have something very similar.

LT is definitely #1
Safety is definitely #2
After that a lot depends on what happens and where we play some guys, but DT, WR, OLB, and OG are likely to be up there.

phlysac
05-03-2011, 12:47 PM
49ers

Cornerback (Still don't believe they added a potential starter in this year's draft)
Nose Tackle (Depending where Ricky Jean Francois ends up)
Defensive End (see above)
Wide Receiver (Alot of young guys but lacking explosion)

bullg8rdaddy
05-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Bucs

1. Playmaking LB (depends on who we resign Ruud/Black)
2. Right Tackle
3. Full back
4. Playmaking S

Smash28Dash34
05-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Judging by how they drafted and who they might lose in FAs, I would put it in this order.

Carolina Panthers:
1)WR. We drafted Cam Newton, but we are losing Steve Smith. If he is truly gone who will fill the void. Gettis, LaFell, Edwards and Pilares are young and would be nice complements to a #1 type of reciever. Alshon Jeffery is widely considered the #1 WR going into next years draft and goes to local school South Carolina. Seems to me he would be a target for us next season.

2)CB. This is the most underrated need for the Panthers as their defensive line needs always get the attention. Well, we used two 3rd round picks on DTs and we are set at DE so its time to focus on our secondary. Gamble's numbers and play have gone down since he signed that big money contract and I doubt he will be resigned after his final year. Marshall is all but gone once the new cba is signed, which leaves 5'9 Captain Munnerlyn as our only long term player at the position. We drafted Brandon Hogan out of WVU in the 4th round, but I can't see him being anything more than a nickel corner in the NFL. Dre Kirkpatrick and Stephon Gilmore, as of right now, are the top 2 cbs going into next year. If the Panthers were to go in this direction, my guess is Gilmore would be the favorite coming from South Carolina.

3)OT. Jordan Gross has been the staple of the Panthers offensive line since their magical run to the Superbowl in 2003. Gross' time as an elite tackle in this league is expiring as each year passes and will eventually need to be replaced. I can't imagine the Panthers haven't toyed with the idea of drafting Matt Kalil when he comes out next year. First, Matt is widely considered the best OT in next years draft and has been a staple at LT for the Trojans in his time there. Second, if the Panthers were to take Kalil they could start him at LT and move Gross up to Guard effectively solving two needs. The final reason the Panthers should take Matt is the possibility of pairing him up with his brother Ryan. Ryan was considered to small to play C in the NFL, but has made the pro bowl for the Panthers the last two seasons and Matt compared too his brother is a far better OL prospect/way more athletic. The Panthers could give Cam Newton a solid Pro Bowl LT to watch his blindside for years to come.

Matthew Jones
05-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Obviously it's hard to tell which prospects will and won't pan out in any given draft, but here are the positions that the Patriots didn't really address in the draft and could need an upgrade at next season:

Wide Receiver - Deion Branch and Wes Welker will both be free agents after this season, so it's possible they'll be losing their two starting wide receivers after the season. Julian Edelman could most likely replace Welker if needed, but Branch may require a new addition. It's still unclear whether or not Brandon Tate and Taylor Price will pan out, but that should come into focus this season.

Offensive Guard - The Patriots have a lot of players who could start if needed, and Marcus Cannon could end up being a quality starter at either left or right guard, but it's safe to say that they might need to draft another starter if they lose Logan Mankins.

Center - Dan Koppen has had to be replaced for a while (according to fans.) The Patriots should look for a bigger, stronger center to match up better against the 3-4 fronts of the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets, as well as rival teams like the Ravens, Chargers, and Steelers.

Defensive End - This may not be as big an issue as people think if Ty Warren recovers from his injury. Marcus Stroud has a chance to be productive in New England as well, and Ron Brace was a second-round pick. The Patriots must have felt somewhat comfortable in these things happening to not draft a 3-4 end.

Outside Linebacker - The Patriots lack pass rushers, but are weirdly specific about size requirements (they seem to look for guys that are 6'3", 260 and up and are very strict about this.) Nevertheless, a premier edge rusher is needed. If Jermaine Cunningham doesn't show improvement, they might want two.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Without Free agency yet, Redskins:

1) Quarterback: This is need 1,2, and 3. Rex Grossman and John Beck likely 2011 QB's, nuff said.

2) Nose Tackle: Anthony Bryant and Chris Nield are the depth right now, that's simply not good enough in a 3-4.

3) ILB: London Fletcher is on his last legs and Rocky McIntosh is likely not to return to the team. Unless Perry Riley shocks this is a major need.

4) CB: Carlos Rogers probably won't be retained. A starter opposite of Deangelo Hall is needed. Kevin Barnes shows some promise but that won't cut it.

5) G: Montgomery and Litschisteiger(sp?) fit the sytem well but are completely average. Either can be replaced.

Right now really the only positions that aren't needs are safety, OLB, and RB as I think Torrain, Helu, Royster, and Keiland Williams is good enough for Shanny. A true #1 wideout is still needed but we'll see how the rookies develop. Expecting big things from Hankerson and Aldrick from the slot. Also hoping Niles Paul develops.

jrdrylie
05-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Wide Receiver- Devin Hester is good in the slot. And I like Johnny Knox's potential to eventually turn into a number one receiver. But we need a receiver who is more than just a smallish speedster who we can rely on to get a first down on third-and-long

Linebacker- I still don't know who the third starting linebacker will be this season so needless to say, that will be a big need (unless we can sign one whenever Free Agency starts).

Cornerback- I thought this need would be addressed in the draft this year. Charles Tillman has been a good player, but it is obvious that he has lost a lot of speed. The other corners are better suited to play the nickel spot.

Center- Olin Kruetz, who was once one of the best centers in the league, will be 34 when this season starts. His replacement needs to be drafted this year.

Safety- This all depends on whether or not we resign Danieal Manning. If we don't, there will be a huge hole at free safety. And I don't really think 2011 draft pick Chris Conte will be able to fill that hole.

SuperPacker
05-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Breen Pay Gackers

Just realised we have no needs. Arguably a pass rushing OLB but Zombo, Walden and Jones are all still young. Umm....

1st - OG (Maybe Lang isnt very good)
2nd - OLB - (Maybe Zombo, Walden and Jones all flop)

Dont have any other needs. OLB and OG are the only places that could possibly be upgraded. And for depth i could say...

1st - WR - When Driver retires we will only have 3 quality WRs
2nd - CB - Same for when Woodson retires

Seriously we have no needs. Wow didnt realise untill i started thinking.

RaiderNation
05-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Oakland Raiders
1 WLB- McClain is at the MLB, and Wimbley at SLB, but we still lack another starting quality OLB.

2 OL- We probably will need to add 1 more OG/RT through the draft. The position depends on what we do with Bruce Campbell and Barksdale

3 QB- Al and Hue are confortable with Campbell starting for now, but I think drafting a QB early to develop would be a good idea.

4 FS- Michael Huff could be gone through F/A, and we could be looking to get an upgrade over him.

5 CB- Routt is a for sure starter, but the other position is up in the air. We will see if Van Dyke, Cheka, McFadden, Johnson or Ware can be a solid starter

5 DL- Our dline is the strong point of our defense, but we could look to add youth since Seymour and Kelly are entering their 30's

jCut
05-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Denver

- DT
- QB
- RB
- CB

OSUGiants17
05-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Giants:
1. MIKE
2. C
3. RT
4. SAM

BaLLiN
05-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Giants:
1. MIKE
2. C
3. RT
4. SAM

I think

1. MLB
2. RB
3. C
4. DT

OSUGiants17
05-03-2011, 07:18 PM
I think

1. MLB
2. RB
3. C
4. DT

Marvin Austin and Linval Joseph + Canty and his big unmoveable contract yet DT is a need? RB is up there too, but next year seems to be a deep RB class with no one elite. Davis, James and Richardson are all good but not great.

xpmar9x
05-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Titans:

1. SS
2. C
3. WR
4. DE

MooshooGawd
05-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Bengals

1. Safety
2. Center
3. Linebacker

bullg8rdaddy
05-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Without Free agency yet, Redskins:

1) Quarterback: This is need 1,2, and 3. Rex Grossman and John Beck likely 2011 QB's, nuff said.

2) Nose Tackle: Anthony Bryant and Chris Nield are the depth right now, that's simply not good enough in a 3-4.

3) ILB: London Fletcher is on his last legs and Rocky McIntosh is likely not to return to the team. Unless Perry Riley shocks this is a major need.

4) CB: Carlos Rogers probably won't be retained. A starter opposite of Deangelo Hall is needed. Kevin Barnes shows some promise but that won't cut it.

5) G: Montgomery and Litschisteiger(sp?) fit the sytem well but are completely average. Either can be replaced.

Right now really the only positions that aren't needs are safety, OLB, and RB as I think Torrain, Helu, Royster, and Keiland Williams is good enough for Shanny. A true #1 wideout is still needed but we'll see how the rookies develop. Expecting big things from Hankerson and Aldrick from the slot. Also hoping Niles Paul develops.

Why is Rocky not projected to return?

jared3
05-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Colts:

1) Secondary, especially at safety
2) Punt returner/Kick returner

HawkEye30
05-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Seattle Seahawks= everything

derza222
05-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Obviously a projection but for the Jets:

1. OLB - A pass rusher was a target this past draft but they ended up liking the value better with Wilkerson. Nobody on the team really inspires confidence as the type of guy who can just get after the QB and be disruptive on his own. Needing to blitz to get pressure will eventually catch up with the team, so a pass rusher should definitely be a priority. Don't really see them being able to sign a FA there either, so I'd be really surprised if this wasn't a target next year.

2. WR - Mostly because there's two free agents at the position, both starters this past year. They might be alright if one of Holmes/Edwards comes back and Cotchery plays better, and it's a run-based offense anyway, but having targets for Sanchez is important.

3. CB - Ryan loves having corners, and right now the only guys who will definitely be back are Revis, Kyle Wilson, and Marquice Cole. Cole's a nice player but I'm not sure I'd have confidence in him starting and Wilson didn't do much to prove himself as a rookie. Cromartie's obviously a FA but Drew Coleman got some significant PT this past year two and did really well so if he moves on he'll be missed too. This could pretty easily be over WR depending on how things play out.

4. S - Right now I don't think anybody has any idea who will start at FS for the Jets whenever football starts again, and Jim Leonhard is coming off an injury. Again this could jump CB and WR depending on how things play out, but it doesn't appear to be a priority position for the team so I've got it lower. More confidence that things can work without a big time player than at other positions.

5. RT/G - Not sure if Vlad Ducasse will make himself a legitimate option at RT this coming season or how Matt Slauson will play in his next year. Depth on the line in general is a question too, so adding somebody would probably be good and if things are a disaster next year then this will be a priority. More for uncertainty at the position than anything else.

fenikz
05-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Cardinals (basically 100% positive we are bringing in a vet QB)
1. LT
2. OG
3. SILB
4. WR
5. D-Line depth
6. Developmental S

stephenson86
05-04-2011, 06:36 AM
Before FA:
OG/C
DE
WR
TE

AntoinCD
05-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Before FA:

Interior Offensive line
OLB
WR
DE

TheFinisher
05-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Before FA:

1. Free Safety- Still have not found a decent replacement since Darren Woodson left. We drafted Akwasi Owusu-Ansah last year in the 4th round but he missed most of the season due to injury, he's a question mark at this time. Other than that we are bare bones at the position with guys like Barry Church and Danny McCray as possible starters. We can't go into the season without an upgrade.

2. Guard- Oft-injured Kosier has been solid but is slated to hit FA once the lockout it over, and given his age I'm not sure if he'll be back. Even if we do re-sign him we have problems on the other side with Leonard Davis, who was flat out terrible this past season and might be aging quicker than we expected. We drafted David Arkin in the 4th but he needs at least a year of seasoning before he can compete for a job. Montrae Holland is still on the roster and has done a decent job in spot-duty, but I wouldn't feel comfortable if he was named starter heading into the year.

3. Strong Safety- Sensabaugh is a FA and hopefully we can bring him back for some stability at the position. He's nothing more than average and we could stand to upgrade, but given the status of our secondary we can't afford to risk letting him walk.

4. Cornerback- Newman is always battling injuries and he's getting up there in age, he's a shell of his former self. He may not be back with us heading into the season. Jenkins was spectacular in his sophomore campaign but his struggles this past season are well documented. If he doesn't turn it around we're going to have a huge problem in the secondary going forward as he's the only young player who's showed promise. Scandrick was awful the first half of the season but turned it around in the 2nd half, he may have to battle Josh Thomas in TC for the nickel job.

5. Defensive Line- I'm ranking this a little lower than most would expect because we have some young promising talent at NT in Josh Brent and DE in Stephen Bowen. Marcus Spears has been a bust and might not be back, Jason Hatcher has some nice measurables but he just can't seem to put them all together. Igor is what he is, a decent run stuffer and nothing else. Ratliff had somewhat of a down year and the wears of playing as an undersized NT are beginning to show, hopefully the change in scheme and improved play from those around him will help him bounce back. 7th Round pick Sean Lissemore was somewhat of a pleasant surprise at the end of the year, hopefully he pans out. We needs to find a way to create some pressure from our DL.

6. Strong Side LB- Spencer flashed moments of greatness in the 2nd half of the 09 season but other than that he's been JAG and Demarcus Ware can only do so much without a counterpart. This is a contract year and it's time for Spencer to step up, if he can't then you can add OLB to our list of needs heading into 2012 draft.

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Baltimore Ravens Team Needs

Center - Matt Birk is on his final year of his contract and his replacement will likely be Chris Chester, who is better suited to be our #1 backup and come in on un-balanced packages, in other words, he's our best backup and not good enough to be a starter. We need a long-term solution at center.

ILB - Ray Lewis said he can't see himself playing past 37, so he's probably got 2, maybe 3 years left. The earlier we can get his replacement, the better. Outside of Ray, we look pretty bad with Gooden who sucks, McClain, who should be used more at OLB, and Ellerbe who isn't used enough.

S - Like Lewis, Reed is likely on his final contract as an NFL player. Zbikowski has the talent to play at either SS or FS, but in the draft, we need another playmaker across from him.

3-4 OLB
5tech DE
OT
CB
WR

All 5 ^^ of those positions may or may not become needs depending on free agency and how our 2011 draft class turns out.

TimmG6376
05-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Breen Pay Gackers

Just realised we have no needs. Arguably a pass rushing OLB but Zombo, Walden and Jones are all still young. Umm....

1st - OG (Maybe Lang isnt very good)
2nd - OLB - (Maybe Zombo, Walden and Jones all flop)

Dont have any other needs. OLB and OG are the only places that could possibly be upgraded. And for depth i could say...

1st - WR - When Driver retires we will only have 3 quality WRs
2nd - CB - Same for when Woodson retires

Seriously we have no needs. Wow didnt realise untill i started thinking.

I'd add C to that list, but really more for depth/eventual replacement for Wells. Perhaps that guy is already on the roster between McDonald and Dietrich-Smith, but both of those guys are developmental at this point and no way to know if they will ever be starter material.

vidae
05-07-2011, 04:04 PM
For the Chiefs:

1) RT
2) ILB
3) NT (depending on if Powe works out or not)
4) RB (backup/change of pace to JC)

rawdawg
05-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Wide Receiver- Devin Hester is good in the slot. And I like Johnny Knox's potential to eventually turn into a number one receiver. But we need a receiver who is more than just a smallish speedster who we can rely on to get a first down on third-and-long

Linebacker- I still don't know who the third starting linebacker will be this season so needless to say, that will be a big need (unless we can sign one whenever Free Agency starts).

Cornerback- I thought this need would be addressed in the draft this year. Charles Tillman has been a good player, but it is obvious that he has lost a lot of speed. The other corners are better suited to play the nickel spot.

Center- Olin Kruetz, who was once one of the best centers in the league, will be 34 when this season starts. His replacement needs to be drafted this year.

Safety- This all depends on whether or not we resign Danieal Manning. If we don't, there will be a huge hole at free safety. And I don't really think 2011 draft pick Chris Conte will be able to fill that hole.

The Bears have drafted FS in each of the last 2 years in the 3rd round. Major Wright or Chris Conte should be able to fill that spot. Oh and the FS last year was Chris Harris (not Manning) who was 2nd team all NFL.

As for the Bears need for the 2012 draft,

1. Guard. It is mentioned that Kreutz will be 34, but Garza will be 32 this year and is a FA after the year. Oh and he sucks. At the other guard spot is Chris Williams, who also sucks. Guard was a bigger need than OT this draft (IMO) and the Bears didn't address the position.

2. Wide Receiver. The Bears need someone good enough to push everyone else down to where they would be best. Knox is not a #1. He's a decent 2 though. Bennett's a solid 3. Hester is a good WR to use all over the place.

3. Cornerback. Really should have addressed this position with Curtis Brown, Davon House and others on the board in the 3rd. Though I don't think it is the #1 need by any means, I would be happy if the Bears went CB in the 1st next year. They don't have any top level talent at the position and they could get OG and WR later in the draft.

4. Defensive End. Peppers will be 31. Idonije is a FA after 2011. Wootton hasn't proven anything yet. Some real pass rushing talent will be needed there.

I really wish the Bears had shored up either of the top 3 positions this draft (better so something in free agency) so they wouldn't be worrying about them still.

GaMeTiMe
05-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Eagles:

(I'm not listing corner because I'm pretty damn sure we'll be signing Nnamdi)

RT - Winston Justice will have to 'hold off' King Dunlap to prove he belongs as a starter this year. Either way, unless Dunlap destroys Justice in the competition and goes on to shine as a starter, the position will likely have a new face in 2012. There was also pre-mature talk recently about Peters moving to RT, if a top LT fell into our laps that may come to fruition.

DT - Hard to predict whether they'll look more for a DT or DE. Bunkley and Antonio Dixon, Bunk especially, have cloudy futures with the team especially if an upgrade falls into our laps. Patterson is a nice player and I think he will really flourish under Washburn but we need to rotate our DL constantly and he can't play every snap at the "nose" position of this defense. Depth at DT will be needed at the very least, but with the way this organization values the trenches a backup can be selected in the first-round.

DE - We'll see how Daniel Te'o-Nesheim develops and how Brandon Graham and Ricky Sapp return from injury. Juqua Parker is likely entering his last season with the team, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets hurt or falls out of favor if the other young guys step up. Tapp is the kind of guy I can also see flourishing under Washburn as he still holds a lot of untapped potential at just 26. But we're not sure to enter 2012 with all of Cole/Graham/Tapp/Sapp/Te'o(who in the best case scenario would play DT aswell) atop the depth chart.

C - Mike McGlynn filled in nicely last year, but fits better as a backup at C/G. Jamaal Jackson should be an upgrade returning to the starting lineup at center but still only has a year or two left in him. If Herremans ever has to kick out to tackle, C/LG is a huge need but if he doesn't we should try and just pluck a center in the mid-rounds in 2012.

LB - We drafted a handful of guys at LB this year, but they are just that - "guys". Usually those are the kinds of players you find starting at the position for us, but Casey Matthews and Moise Fokou aren't sure to be an effective duo on the weak-side. And who really knows what we'll get from Bradley at SAM, even Chaney may prove to be nothing but a rotational thumper at MLB. LB is a hole for us every year and has to be listed but with all the guys we just drafted I'm sure we won't address the position in 2012 early, unless Bradley and/or Chaney fall completely off the map.

QB - Kolb has to go this year, but if he were kept he'd probably be one of the more luxury players on any roster in the league. Vick is injury prone, and despite his comeback he's still going to be 31 when the season starts. With all the QB needy teams in the NFL, I'm extremely interested to see how the Eagles fill their backup QB need after trading Kolb. (Tarvaris Jackson? Josh Johnson?)

gpngc
05-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Seahawks:

QB
CB
DT
DE
WR

TACKLE
05-19-2011, 02:29 AM
Ravens

1) Pass Rusher (OLB or DE)
2) Center
3) Safety
4) Inside Linebacker
5) Runningback (we have no one behind Raymell)

Unbiased
05-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Jaguars

1. CB - Mathis will be a free agent and he failed at getting an extension last year.
2. MLB - They'll resign Morrison or sign someone else, but for now, it's a big hole.
3. SS - Like to have a complete safety in front of Greene.
4. WLB - Durant won't be resigned. Russell Allen is okay but I'd like to bring in a FA sleeper like Nick Roach.
5. C - Brad Meester had a good year but will be 35 next year. Maybe Uche takes his spot, but then someone will be needed to play RG.
6. DE - I want to see what Austen Lane does as a full-year starter. Mincey can be the guy at either spot if needed.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
05-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Lions
1a Number 1 CB. Houston will be gone(possibly even this year depending on the rules used). Lions may sign a CB in FA but if it's not Nnamdi(which is unlikely) they still need a number 1 corner and the FA will be the number 2 with Berry/Alphonso Smith in the nickel role.

1b Future left tackle. Backus contract is up after 2011, he may be resigned and has been playing solid the last 3 years but they need a future blindside protector badly.

2. OLB They need one in free agency for this year and Ashlee Palmer/Carpenter/Follett(if healthy) will be in the other spot. Hogue is a developmental LB. Levy is locked in at Mike unless Tulloch becomes available.

3. Interior Oline. Raiola is average and below average in the run game and could be upgrade. Peterman at RG it depends played poorly with a foot injury all year but he played well in 2009. Big year for him but Lions could definitely bring in competiont for Peterman. Big year for both these guys to prove they belong and our run O has to be better. Sims is locked in at LG and played well last year but he isn't the greatest run blocker.

4. Future DE. KVB is coming off an injury but should have 2 productive years left. Avril's contract is up after this year so a decison must be made on him. Lawrence Jackson will still be here as good depth and Turk McBride is a free agent and Willie Young is developmental DE.

5. Backup QB. Hill's contract is up after this year so we may just extend him or get another veteran backup to Stafford. Hopefully Stafford finally stays healthy or it's going to start to be a questionmark.

6. Right Tackle. Gosder is coming off an injury but seems to be rehabbing well and ready to go by the season. Fox and Hiliard is good developmental depth at RT.

keylime_5
05-21-2011, 06:06 PM
THE CLEVELAND BROWNS

-#1 WIDE RECEIVER- dependent on how Mohamed Massaquoi and Brian Robiskie develop in their 3rd seasons as #2/#3 threats and how good Greg Little looks (he could've been a top 20 pick if he played last year you know). This may be a bit of a luxury pick compared to defensive end, linebacker, and cornerback, but getting a true number one to play across from Greg Little would be ideal for our offensive minded organization.

-DEFENSIVE END - we have Sheard to play LDE or RDE, and we have Benard to be a situational pass rusher. Sheard will be a rookie and is unproven and Benard's success came in the 3-4 as a situational pass rusher where he led the team with 8 sacks last year. GM Heckert is all about building the offensive and defensive lines and he won't be shy to take a great defensive end if one is available.

-LINEBACKER - with D'Qwell Jackson being a free agent after 2011, we could use a WLB to replace him if he doesn't stay healthy (again) or isn't as effective as he was pre-injury and we don't resign him. We will almost certainly need to find a MIDDLE LINEBACKER to replace Chris Gocong in 2012. Scott Fujita is old and we'll need a new SAM to replace him, but that's probably in 2013 not 2012, and if we do draft a SLB to replace Fujita in 2012, it will be in the middle rounds, not the first 2.

CORNERBACK - Joe Haden is a stud. Sheldon Brown is on his last year as a starting corner before he moves to nickel or safety (he should probably be moved this year, but we dont' have anybody else). Eric Wright is a FA either this year or next (depending on the CBA). This is one of our biggest needs, if not our single biggest next offseason depending on Eric Wright's contract and how he plays.

SAFETY - free agency 2011 hasn't hit yet and I expect the Browns will sign a starting safety to play opposite TJ Ward. Until that happens, there is a huge hole at safety across from headhunter Ward.

RIGHT TACKLE - we need someone who isn't Tony Pashos to bookend all-pro Joe Thomas and protect McCoy.

RIGHT GUARD- we need a right guard. Shawn Lauvao was our 3rd round pick in 2010 but he was a rookie last year that didn't show much yet.

this year will also be make or break for Colt McCoy. If he plays well we put the "franchise QB" label on him. If he doesn't produce then we will almost certainly be looking for a franchise QB next year with a great skillset to push Colt into the backup role.

*Some things I suspect will happen this season that will impact our thinking next offseason: The running game and run defense will be pretty sound, but the passing offense and passing defense will leave a bit to be desired. This means that RT, DE, WR, and CB will likely be priorities compared to MLB, RG, SLB, WLB, or even S.

bored of education
05-23-2011, 08:19 PM
What happens if Barry Richardson does not suck this year? Does OT still become the hot trend for KC drafts on SWDC?

TACKLE
05-24-2011, 09:11 PM
What happens if Barry Richardson does not suck this year? Does OT still become the hot trend for KC drafts on SWDC?

It sure does. When it comes to the Chiefs and OT's, assumptions are the way to go on here.

K Train
05-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Steelers

RG- Biggest hole on the team when it comes to starters

FS- Clark sucks, it depends what they plan to do with crezdon butler and keenan lewis, both COULD have a future there

CB-Need to resign ike and curtis brown needs to be amazing, love butelr too but this is a pretty big need still overall and for the future

NT- Casey is old, hoke is old...the good thing is hood was playing his best lined up over center, he was raped a lot as a DE but as a NT he thrived

OT- Always a need...starks is ok, colon is ok, gilbert is the future, and flo is old and dying

MLB- I love stevenson sylvester, but next to timmons he might not be the best bet...teo, or hightower would be a delight

killxswitch
05-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Colts:

SS - assuming we don't bring in a legit free agent starter. Melvin Bullitt is a great backup but not good enough to be the long-term starter.

WR - I am not convinced Reggie Wayne will be re-signed, and as Manning gets older and loses some precision it would be better for him to have a bigger, stronger target to throw to.

DT - we have some solid rotation guys but unless Fili Moala takes another big step forward or Drake Nevis flashes greatness we still need some players here.

OL - I don't know how the OL is going to shake out this season with the two rookies but none of our starters last year were good and Jeff Saturday's last season is probably this one.

ellsy82
06-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Steelers

RG- Biggest hole on the team when it comes to starters

FS- Clark sucks, it depends what they plan to do with crezdon butler and keenan lewis, both COULD have a future there

CB-Need to resign ike and curtis brown needs to be amazing, love butelr too but this is a pretty big need still overall and for the future

NT- Casey is old, hoke is old...the good thing is hood was playing his best lined up over center, he was raped a lot as a DE but as a NT he thrived

OT- Always a need...starks is ok, colon is ok, gilbert is the future, and flo is old and dying

MLB- I love stevenson sylvester, but next to timmons he might not be the best bet...teo, or hightower would be a delight

That's pretty accurate. Maybe finding a late round SS project to backup Troy. I'd put OT ahead of NT, but that's just semantics. We have Hampton, Hoke backing him up, and Ziggy with position flexibility. Plus McLendon if we sign him back. Great list of needs. Can't argue with the top three, in importance or order.

Mr.Regular
06-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Champs:

OLB: Clays a stud, and opposite of him there are some quality players but nothing special. Another beastly rusher would be scary, though any one of the guys we have right now (Jones, Walden, Zombo, Elmore, Smith) could emerge.

DE: The starters are set (Neal/Pickett), but depth isn't the greatest.

OG: Colledge might not be back. There are some guys on the roster that are set to take over, like TJ Lang or Marshall Newhouse, but if they don't work out another may be needed.

That's pretty much it. Maybe some safety depth. Collins and Burnett should be set starting, and Charlie Peprah is an underrated player. But Bigby will be gone and after that no one is special. As well, maybe WR....DD is getting really old, and James Jones might not be back. Yes, Randall Cobb was picked in round 2, but this team is built around a high powered passing attack. Another receiver never hurts in our scheme.

Really, there aren't any 'needs', just depth filling. Think we did a great job in the past draft setting ourselves up.

ellsy82
06-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Champs:

OLB: Clays a stud, and opposite of him there are some quality players but nothing special. Another beastly rusher would be scary, though any one of the guys we have right now (Jones, Walden, Zombo, Elmore, Smith) could emerge.

DE: The starters are set (Neal/Pickett), but depth isn't the greatest.

OG: Colledge might not be back. There are some guys on the roster that are set to take over, like TJ Lang or Marshall Newhouse, but if they don't work out another may be needed.

That's pretty much it. Maybe some safety depth. Collins and Burnett should be set starting, and Charlie Peprah is an underrated player. But Bigby will be gone and after that no one is special. As well, maybe WR....DD is getting really old, and James Jones might not be back. Yes, Randall Cobb was picked in round 2, but this team is built around a high powered passing attack. Another receiver never hurts in our scheme.

Really, there aren't any 'needs', just depth filling. Think we did a great job in the past draft setting ourselves up.

Might want to keep WR as a high priority considering the inconsistencies of everyone behind Jennings, and the age of Jennings himself. Raji is a beast. But you need depth at DE. When Aaron Smith went down in 200?, our run defense dropped to hell and we missed the playoffs. As you can see, the Steeler's coach took 2 first round DEs in 3 years. Its a priority in a 3-4 if you want your LBs to do their magic.

Not debating you Mr.Regular...just heightening your points.

JPF
07-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Judging by how they drafted and who they might lose in FAs, I would put it in this order.

Carolina Panthers:
1)WR. We drafted Cam Newton, but we are losing Steve Smith. If he is truly gone who will fill the void. Gettis, LaFell, Edwards and Pilares are young and would be nice complements to a #1 type of reciever. Alshon Jeffery is widely considered the #1 WR going into next years draft and goes to local school South Carolina. Seems to me he would be a target for us next season.

2)CB. This is the most underrated need for the Panthers as their defensive line needs always get the attention. Well, we used two 3rd round picks on DTs and we are set at DE so its time to focus on our secondary. Gamble's numbers and play have gone down since he signed that big money contract and I doubt he will be resigned after his final year. Marshall is all but gone once the new cba is signed, which leaves 5'9 Captain Munnerlyn as our only long term player at the position. We drafted Brandon Hogan out of WVU in the 4th round, but I can't see him being anything more than a nickel corner in the NFL. Dre Kirkpatrick and Stephon Gilmore, as of right now, are the top 2 cbs going into next year. If the Panthers were to go in this direction, my guess is Gilmore would be the favorite coming from South Carolina.

3)OT. Jordan Gross has been the staple of the Panthers offensive line since their magical run to the Superbowl in 2003. Gross' time as an elite tackle in this league is expiring as each year passes and will eventually need to be replaced. I can't imagine the Panthers haven't toyed with the idea of drafting Matt Kalil when he comes out next year. First, Matt is widely considered the best OT in next years draft and has been a staple at LT for the Trojans in his time there. Second, if the Panthers were to take Kalil they could start him at LT and move Gross up to Guard effectively solving two needs. The final reason the Panthers should take Matt is the possibility of pairing him up with his brother Ryan. Ryan was considered to small to play C in the NFL, but has made the pro bowl for the Panthers the last two seasons and Matt compared too his brother is a far better OL prospect/way more athletic. The Panthers could give Cam Newton a solid Pro Bowl LT to watch his blindside for years to come.

Agree fully on needing a WR! Seems the fans have been clamoring for one for YEARS and the team has just not really attempted to get a top draft prospect at the position.

I also agree that corner is a need, but I don't know how anyone can say that we're set at DE. Charles Johnson is the only remotely proven DE on the roster and he's likely a free agent depending on how the first year of the CBA handles free agency eligibility (though he should realistically be back). Tyler Brayton is probably the penciled in starter at the other DE spot, but he's been most effective for the Panthers as a situational pass rusher from DT. After those two you have Everette Brown (boy does the 1st traded for the pick used on him look like a waste), Greg Hardy (probably my favorite DE not named Charles Johnson on the team), Eric Norwood and Hilee Taylor (Norwood and Taylor are both undersized and far from proven). I just don't see how anyone can see the Panthers are "set at DE".

I also agree that the team needs some more bodies on the O-line, but I don't know that drafting an LT to replace Gross who is all of 30 is the reason for that. I can see OT becoming a pressing need, but the reasoning for it would be more Otah not getting/staying healthy more than anything to do with Gross. When I look at the line right now, I see a gaping hole at RG that the team has had off and on for years. If they could fill that with a David DeCastro next year and Otah can get healthy, we could have our starting o-line in place for the next 5 years.

LonghornsLegend
07-13-2011, 02:53 PM
1. Safety
2. Safety
3. Guard
4. Safety
5. CB
6. Safety

Also, grabbing a safety wouldn't hurt.

bullg8rdaddy
07-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Tack Thissssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbiased
07-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Jaguars: Updated after Free Agency

1. CB - Mathis will be a FA after this year. It's also a make or break year for the other starter Derek Cox.
2. FS - Still time to sign a stop-gap player but we have to see what Prosinski can do.
3. WR - We know what we have in Mike Thomas and Kassim Osgood. All the others are wild cards. We'll learn a lot after this year.
4. DE - Kampman is in his 30s and has been injured. I'm fairly confident on the other side with Austen Lane and Jeremy Mincey but Lane is still unproven.
5. P - Stupid to let Podlesh go.

bullg8rdaddy
07-30-2011, 05:15 AM
Post Free Agent signings.....
Bucs

1. Right Tackle - resigned both starters from 2010, Jeremy Trueblood and James Lee. Didn't draft a OT this year. A little upset that we brought back these two, with no one added so far in this off season to compete with them. Just saw that Jared Gaither signed with Oakland. This should be a priority next year. Have to protect Freesus.

2. Safety - resigned Corey Lynch (FS). Drafted Ahmad Black (SS). Cody Grimm (FS) should be 100% after breaking his ankle late last year.Tanard Jackson (FS) will not be eligible to be reinstated till week 4, I believe. Sean Jones (SS) and Larry Asante (SS)are both back. I would love for us to look for a stud SS in the upcoming draft. Heck, FS might get a look, too, considering T-Jax and his off field history.

3. Cornerback - resigned Elbert Mack and Ronde Barber (RCB). Drafted Anthony Gaitor. Aqib Talib (LCB) status is still unclear to me. Excited to see E.J. Biggers (nickelback) and Myron Lewis improvement after getting a full season under their belts. I don't think Mack makes it to the final 53 (54?). I don't see Ronde playing in 2012. It's on Biggers and Lewis if we look for a CB in the first 3 rounds or not.

4. OLB - resigned Quincy Black (SAM), drafted Mason Foster MLB). Let Barrett Ruud (MLB)and Adam Hayward (SAM) walk. Tyrone McKenzie (MLB) and Foster expected to battle it out in training camp for MLB. Geno Hayes (WILL) has supposedly gained some weight this offseason. I think the future is Black, Foster and Watson, to be honest. Really think we will have a good shot at one of the young stud LBs (Lewis, Te'O, Burfict, or Skov) in 2012.

5. Full back - Lorig and Taylor are Meh. Nuff said. lol