PDA

View Full Version : Draft Picks Getting Booed

Splat
05-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Does it bother anyone else that pretty much every draft pick especially in the first round gets booed by most of the crowd?

I know they are getting ready to get fat paid so hard to feel real sorry for them but every year it rubs me the wrong way.

Halsey
05-03-2011, 10:23 PM
I really doubt they care. If they do, it's a lesson about what not to worry about.

WMD
05-03-2011, 10:24 PM
It's New York.. their opinions don't matter.

Halsey
05-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I don't want to make a new thread for this, so I'm just gonna ask here. Did anyone else notice the guy standing right behind Goodell when the military personnel were brought on stage. He made me laugh. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you either didn't notice him or just didn't find him funny. Wish I could find a pic of him.

superman8456
05-03-2011, 10:31 PM
BUT TEH IGGLEEZZ FANZZ BOOED McNabb!!!!1!!!ii!!!

Splat
05-03-2011, 10:32 PM

I wasn't going to go there but... :)

Halsey
05-03-2011, 10:35 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2011/09000d5d81f8f877_gallery_600.jpg

There he is. Poca-dot shirt guy was hilarious and so out of place looking.

PossibleCabbage
05-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Well, why even go to the draft if you aren't going to boo and cheer things? I mean, if I wanted to be informed I would stay at home and watch Mayock.

Brothgar
05-03-2011, 11:35 PM

This this and more this. They are all disgruntled NY Jet fans that are bitter because they almost never have a good draft pick and/or ever make a super bowl so they **** on everyone elses parade. Welcome to NY.

HawkEye30
05-03-2011, 11:37 PM
I thought they were all just booing goodell everytime he talked lol

Halsey
05-03-2011, 11:40 PM
They were just saying "Gooooooooood" because his name is Goodell and he's good at his job. Stop hating.

shylo3716
05-03-2011, 11:52 PM
I wanted to personally boo the Danny Watkins pick. You don't draft a 26 year old rookie! He will be 30 in 4 years. 30 is the age of a veteran player who should have been in the league for approx 6 years already.

CJSchneider
05-03-2011, 11:55 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2011/09000d5d81f8f877_gallery_600.jpg

There he is. Poca-dot shirt guy was hilarious and so out of place looking.

I think he was part of the "Wounded Warrior Project" group.

Halsey
05-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Watkins is 26 in 2012. It doesn't seem all that out of the question he could play for a decade or more.

shylo3716
05-04-2011, 12:04 AM
Watkins is 26 in 2012. It doesn't seem all that out of the question he could play for a decade or more.

I'm not too bumbed about it because we are protecting Vicks backside. The only problem I have with the pick is if we do not get Nnamdi we f*cked ourselves over by passing on Jimmy Smith & Brandon Harris TWICE!

Brothgar
05-04-2011, 12:17 AM
u1K3HfzqHQk

They weren't saying boo they were saying Boo-urnes! In reference to that classic simpsons episode!

ellsy82
05-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Didn't Dirty Sanchez get booed by Jets fans? He turned out okay.

Hurricanes25
05-04-2011, 12:23 AM

If I remember correctly, most Jets fans were pretty happy. You have to remember that Giant and Patriot fans probably boo'd the pick.

Woody56
05-04-2011, 12:27 AM

only by the two idiot brothers

Complex
05-04-2011, 12:34 AM
Jimmy Clausen and Cam Newton got booed and so did Brady Quinn I think.

Handel
05-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Boooooo urns...

WMD
05-04-2011, 01:08 AM
only by the two idiot brothers
I believe the technical term for them is actually "the black people". Not "brothers", please adjust your vocabulary accordingly.

draftgod
05-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Cam Newton deserved every boo he got. And if you watched Year of the QB, it actually did bother him a bit. He seems a little too sensitive and frazzled by everyones opinion of him. Its ok if you're attacking his daddy or his eligibility, as long as you still believe he's the finest man on earth and the best QB on the planet. The second you start attacking his inteligence or his ability to learn an NFL play, he goes off the deep end. Can't wait till the guy goes all "vince Young" in Carolina. Nice to see New Orleans and Tampa Bay beef up their defenses over the weekend LoL

GaMeTiMe
05-04-2011, 01:25 AM
I wanted to personally boo the Danny Watkins pick. You don't draft a 26 year old rookie! He will be 30 in 4 years. 30 is the age of a veteran player who should have been in the league for approx 6 years already.

Being 30 as a guard isn't as big of a deal as a skill position. Watkins is going to be a stud and is immediately the best player on the line, and it isn't close. We'll all see that in his rookie season.

Sione Pouha was a 26 year old rookie too. He's been around with the Jets for a long time now and has been an important player on their line, and still probably has 2-3 years left.

You can't get on this team for not making the flashy pick. We picked Jackson and Maclin in back to back years and McCoy the same year as Maclin. We have to get back to building in the trenches.

I'm not too bumbed about it because we are protecting Vicks backside. The only problem I have with the pick is if we do not get Nnamdi we f*cked ourselves over by passing on Jimmy Smith & Brandon Harris TWICE!

Jimmy Smith may be a stud corner and I do love him as a prospect, may even have a better career than Watkins but if he makes it it'll be because the Raven locker room whips him into shape. We've added players with checkered pasts before, but no one that was a flat-out horrible person.

Brandon Harris doesn't fit what we want to do across from Samuel. Was never a remote possibility

We'll get Nnamdi. I'm completely confident in that. The Ravens will probably still be suitors but obviously won't shell out as much with Smith on board. Other than them, the Lions and Texans should be in pursuit and we have a better chance than those teams at hauling a top free agent. We have a good amount of money to play with aswell with a lot of our top players still with rookie deals and our veterans with shorter, less-expensive contracts.

If Nnamdi is brought in and we deal Kolb for a 1st rounder, I give this off-season an A++++. The draft doesn't look as good without free agency playing out yet.

niel89
05-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Only a select few guys got booed when they got drafted. Newton got a ton of boos, Gabbert got a few. There were a couple more I forgot but it wasnt bad or crazy excessive.

Before each pick though I booed the **** out of the commish, everyone did.

Also it isn't just only NY people at the draft. I saw a pretty good mix of teams. The Broncos fan next to me flew in from South Africa!

CheeseKnuckles
05-04-2011, 09:00 AM
This this and more this. They are all disgruntled NY Jet fans that are bitter because they almost never have a good draft pick and/or ever make a super bowl so they **** on everyone elses parade. Welcome to NY.

It was all the Jets fans try to trump all the dumb things their coach says.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6461634

Like him saying his team would of beaten the Packers in the Super Bowl... ummm ok.

JoeJoeBrown
05-04-2011, 01:27 PM
A large percentage of the NFL fanbase is made up of the Lowest Common Denominator of society. It's in full display at the draft.

swordman
05-05-2011, 09:51 AM
I don't mind the booing.

it is kind of a tradition, that's just the way things are.

If I ever attend a draft I will boo the picks just because it is fun.

I don't know if the actual booers means that, but now for me it is just part of the folklore.

If I was a draftee (as if!) not being booed would feel weird, it is a rite of passage, if you get booed by another team's fan it is because they know you are going to be good against them and if you are booed by your team's fan it is because so far you have done nothing YET to prove your lofty draft status and the fans are expecting you to perform, and all you want to do is prove you belong.
If you get picked and nobody boos it is just that no one cares about you! nobody boos the seventh round pick because nobody expect nothing from you

the day the booing stops is the day the fans stop caring....

then again I could be totally wrong about this

Saints-Tigers
05-05-2011, 11:39 AM
I would be so fired up if I walked into another team's stadium and the fans greeted me with a rain of boos.

the natural
05-06-2011, 08:56 PM
I heard a lot of boos for Newton, not much after that. I think most football fans don't like or trust the guy.

PossibleCabbage
05-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I think, honestly, that the thing about the booing leads credibility to the notion that moving the draft to different NFL cities periodically would be a good idea. At least that way we could have different people booing different things. In some particularly polite parts of the world, we would have only cheering from the locals.

Jimmy
05-06-2011, 09:29 PM

I go every year and I have to say... not even close to 25% of the picks in RD 1 get boo'ed. Not really sure where this is coming from. The only teams that get boo'ed are the Jets/Giants (from the other team's fans) Pats/Cowboys

niel89
05-07-2011, 02:20 AM
I go every year and I have to say... not even close to 25% of the picks in RD 1 get boo'ed. Not really sure where this is coming from. The only teams that get boo'ed are the Jets/Giants (from the other team's fans) Pats/Cowboys

I tried to say the same thing but it got stuck at the bottom of the page. It was only a very few select people/teams who got booed. Well and the commish.