PDA

View Full Version : NFL Position CB or S

shylo3716
05-03-2011, 11:08 PM
What NFL position whill the following players play, CB or S?

Patrick Peterson
Ras-I Dowling
Aaron Williams
Marcus Gilchrist
Ahmad Black
Chris Culliver

Don Vito
05-03-2011, 11:09 PM
My guesses

Peterson: CB
Dowling: CB
Williams: S
Gilchrist: S
Black: S
Culliver: S

Dowling could play safety but I think he will be a corner for us. Culliver should just be a returner if you ask me but he definitely has the physical tools to make it on defense.

shylo3716
05-03-2011, 11:14 PM
My guesses

Dowling could play safety but I think he will be a corner for us. Culliver should just be a returner if you ask me but he definitely has the physical tools to make it on defense.

You don't think Ras-I will replace Merriweather.....BTW I seen him outside yesterday when I was leaving out the neighborhood. I was wondering why he was still down here until I realized they got locked out again.

Iamcanadian
05-03-2011, 11:15 PM
My guesses

I agree but both Williams and Gilchrist could play CB if their teams want them there. They both would be effective in a Cover 2 defense which asks their CB's to play zone.

HawkEye30
05-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Serious question here: At what point do we stop talking about the 2011 draft and move onto the 2012 draft? Because i thought after the draft was over the 2011 draft stuff went in the pro-football and the draft was 2012 stuff, but I could be wrong?

shylo3716
05-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Serious question here: At what point do we stop talking about the 2011 draft and move onto the 2012 draft? Because i thought after the draft was over the 2011 draft stuff went in the pro-football and the draft was 2012 stuff, but I could be wrong?

Soon as the season kicks off

will99890
05-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Patrick Peterson - CB
Ras-I Dowling - S
Aaron Williams - CB
Marcus Gilchrist - S
Ahmad Black - CB
Chris Culliver - S

fischbowl
05-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Aaron Williams will play FS in Buffalo

fenikz
05-04-2011, 02:03 AM
Patrick Peterson CB
Ras-I Dowling S
Aaron Williams S
Marcus Gilchrist S
Ahmad Black S
Chris Culliver S

Leon Sandcastle
05-04-2011, 02:22 AM
Aaron Williams will play FS in Buffalo

No he won't. The Bills have Jairus Byrd at FS and Da'Norris Searcy as our future SS.

Williams will be a CB and with Florence as a UFA and McGee's injury history he'll be starting sometime this year beside McKelvin.

AntoinCD
05-04-2011, 02:46 AM
Dowling is not going to be playing safety for the Pats, at least not this year. With Merriweather, Chung, Sanders, Page, Magowan and Sergio Brown the position is already really deep with a lot of talent. However after McCourty and Bodden the CB depth isnt great. He likely play as the nickel back before taking over outside

phlysac
05-04-2011, 11:51 AM
49ers GM believes Culliver to be a nickle DB and with the pass-happy offenses, believes that a player with experience at both CB and S to work best.

for all of these guys that are learning new positions and whether they played the position at the college level or whether they didn't, when they come up to the National Football League there's a learning curve, so in some ways it can be beneficial because he doesn't have maybe as many bad habits as he might have. So, the versatility is something we look for in players; how many positions can they play, can they help you on special teams? And he's obviously proven at a high level that he can compete. Now does improvement have to take place? You bet it does, but it has to for all of these players.

FuzzyGopher
05-04-2011, 12:00 PM

Usually this forum gets converted to "Discuss the 2012 Draft" around August. Feel free to make threads about any 2012 prospects though, at least we know for sure those guys will be playing this year.

defensiveback23
05-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Gilchrist is a CB in SD. They want him to win the nickel job and eventually replace Jammer down the line.

Docta
05-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Ras-I Dowling will play CB. Belichick has already stated this. I think Peterson will play CB also. Culliver is the only one I'm iffy about.