PDA

View Full Version : New 2012 Mock Draft

AntoinCD
05-04-2011, 09:54 AM
1. Carolina Panthers select Alshon Jeffrey, WR South Carolina

Free for all on Andrew Luck but if they can't move the pick Jeffrey makes the most sense.

2. Arizona Cardinals select Andrew Luck, QB Stanford

They did get better but having no QB kills them. Andrew Luck could be special.

3. Seattle Seahawks select Landry Jones, QB Oklahoma

Like Arizona, not taking a QB could haunt them. Carroll has shown no loyalty to USC prospects in his two years and passes on Barkley for Jones.

4. Cincinnati Bengals select Matt Kalil, OT USC

Andre Smith has been a huge disappointment and Kalil is the best OT prospect in a few years.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars select Dre Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama

The Jags have needed a true shutdown CB for years and Kirkpatrick has an ideal blend of size/speed and talent.

6. Buffalo Bills select Justin Blackmon, WR oklahoma State

It appears the Bills are looking forward with Fitzpatrick at QB. Adding Blackmon gives them a dynamic threat opposite Stevie Johnson.

7. Washington Redskins select Matt Barkley, QB USC

The Redskins had a pretty good draft this year but are expecting John Beck to be the starter. Unless they get a vet FA or trade for a QB they will be looking to address the position next year.

8. Denver Broncos select Jerel Worthy, DT Michigan State

I was surprised the Broncos didn't take Dareus and even more surprised they didnt add an upgrade at DT. Worthy can come in a give the Broncos a legitimate top ten front 7.

9. Miami Dolphins select Vontaze Burfict, ILB Arizona State

The Dolphins spent a lot of money on Karlos Dansby but their ILB play has been quite disappointing. Adding a human wrecking machine like Burfict to play beside Dansby should offer an immediate upgrade.

10. Oakland Raiders select Stephon Gilmore, CB South Carolina

The Raiders have become a more talented team of late but they are still hindered by poor QB play and typical Al Davis drafting. With the top 3 QBs off the board the Raiders go for the top DB prospect left to fill the void left by Nnamdi Asomughua.

11. Cleveland Browns select Manti Te'o, LB Notre Dame

The Browns have changed their defensive scheme to the 43 but are still in need of front 7 players. Te'o could be a tackling machine behind Rubin and Taylor and is probably BPA at this point.

12. Tennessee Titans select Quinton Coples, DE UNC

If either Blackmon or Jeffrey were available Im sure the Titans would look for another weapon to aide the development of Jake Locker. However here they take the top rated pass rusher in the draft to improve their defense.

13. Minnesota Vikings select John martin, OT Stanford

The Vikings made a big step in getting back to contention by drafting their QB of the future however they will struggle, especially offensively in Ponder's first year. Adding Martin to take over at LT from Bryant McKinnie should help with this in the long run as well.

14. Dallas Cowboys select Ray Ray Armstrong, S Miami

The Cowboys neglected to upgrade thier defensive backfield despite this being arguably their greatest need. This selection comes down to Armstrong and CB Cliff Harris from Oregon.

15. St Louis Rams select Trent Richardson, RB Alabama

The Rams could use a DT here however Steven Jackson is not getting younger and has taken a pounding his entire career. Adding a young, dynamic runner like Richardson should help the Rams offense.

16. Chicago Bears select David DeCastro, OG Stanford

The Bears selected Gabe Carimi to address one area of their offensive line and go back in the first round to further strengthen this. DeCastro could offer a massive upgrade inside for the Bears.

17. Philadelphia Eagles select Cliff Harris, CB Oregon

Many thought the Eagles may have drafted Jimmy Smith this year as there is still a hole opposite Asante Samuel. Cliff Harris not only offers a top quality CB ability but will also add great special teams ability.

18. Kansas City Chiefs select Mike Adams, OT Ohio State

The Bulaga jokes are going to start in 3,2,1... however they have done a great job in addressing needs in recent drafts and RT must be close to top of their list this year.

19. Baltimore Ravens select Brandon Jenkins, DE FSU

The Ravens added a top qualtiy CB this year but could still use help rushing the passer. Jenkins could go much higher but will fit in well in Baltimore.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Travis Lewis, OLB Oklahoma

The Bucs are a much better team this year than last however I feel they will once again just miss on the playoffs. They are building what could be an elite defense though and Lewis strengthen an already very strong front 7.

21. New England Patriots from New Orleans Saints select Donte Paige-Moss, OLB UNC

The Pats passed on OLB help this year in favour of better talent, however in this situation they are presented with pass rushing help and BPA. Even Bill Belichick couldn't pass on this...could he???

22. Indianapolis Colts select Ryan Broyles, WR Oklahoma

The Colts did a good job in getting bodies to protect Peyton Manning, however sooner or later they will need someone to take over from Reggie Wayne. Collie is a slot guy and Garcon isn't a #1. Ryan Broyles could have been a first rounder this year had he declared.

23. Detroit Lions select Riley Reiff, OT Iowa

The Lions finally make the playoffs this year but still need to keep Stafford protected. Rumour has it they would have taken Tyron Smith had he fallen this year. Reiff is another player who could have been a high draft pick had he declared this year.

24. San Francisco 49ers select Jared Crick, DE/DT Nebraska

The 49ers went out and got their pass rusher and their QB in the same draft. Now they need to add more pieces on defense to stay in the playoffs. Crick has prototypical size to be a great fit at DE for SF.

25. Pittsburgh Steelers select Luke Keuchley, ILB Boston College

The Steelers are a team with little needs but may want to address the ILB spot next to Lawrence Timmons. Keuchley would be a great fit in either a 43 or 34 defense.

26. New York Jets select Courtney Upshaw, OLB Alabama

The Jets are a loaded team however one area they could still use an upgrade of talent at is OLB. Upshaw will outplay his more high profile counterpart Donta' Hightower and could be a great addition to Rex Ryan's defense.

27. Cleveland Browns from Atlanta Falcons select Devier Posey, WR Ohio State

The Browns added a load of draft picks thanks to the trade with Atlanta and could go in a number of directions here. Adding a #2 WR to newly drafted Greg Little will surely help out QB Colt McCoy.

28. Houston Texans select Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame

The Texans done a tremendous job of adding defensive talent this year and now look to strengthen their offense. Floyd could be a very high pick if he manages to stay out of trouble and healthy. Two big ifs though.

29. New England Patriots select Mike Brewster, OC Ohio State

The Patriots finally addressed their OLB needs and now look to strengthen the interior offensive line. Dan Koppen does not have many years left and could stand to be upgraded now.

30. Green Bay Packers select Alfonso Dennard, CB Nebraska

The Packers added a lot of solid but unspectacular players this year and that is the sign of a good team. However they could still add some depth at the CB position to go along with Williams and Shields after Woodson finally retires.

31. San Diego Chargers select Nate Potter, OT Boise State

The Chargers look to eradicate their many mistakes from last year and should go far if they do. They could upgrade their offensive line and adding an experience starter like Potter should solidify that area.

32. New York Giants select Matt Reynolds, OT BYU

The Giants had a terrific draft this year but the only area of concern was they didn't address the offensive line properly. Adding Reynolds to eventually protect Eli Manning's blindside would be a wise choice.

jrdrylie
05-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I have some issues with where teams are drafting (although I do like someone else predicting the Eagles not making the playoffs) but it is way too early to start harping on that.

The Bears pick is good, but likely unrealistic. More offensive line help very well may be a need next year. I just find it very hard to believe they'd go offensive line two years in a row. Doesn't seem like a Jerry Angelo thing to do.

AntoinCD
05-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Yeah I dont get too caught up in where teams are picking at this point because Im clearly going to get some things wrong in that aspect and a lot of people at times look silly by saying things like "OMGZZ no way do ____ pick that high!!! We're going to the playoffs" yet still end up in the top ten.

As for the Bears I just think they got a big mauling OT last year and adding to the offensive line would not only help Cutler but also the running game. Any suggestions if they go elsewhere?

CJSchneider
05-04-2011, 10:51 AM
You already have our first round pick, you couldn't bump us up a bit in the play-offs? ;)

jrdrylie
05-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Yeah I dont get too caught up in where teams are picking at this point because Im clearly going to get some things wrong in that aspect and a lot of people at times look silly by saying things like "OMGZZ no way do ____ pick that high!!! We're going to the playoffs" yet still end up in the top ten.

As for the Bears I just think they got a big mauling OT last year and adding to the offensive line would not only help Cutler but also the running game. Any suggestions if they go elsewhere?

This is another good receiver class that I hope the Bears go that way (as long as the receiver is 6'2 or taller). Outside linebacker would be good too.

prock
05-04-2011, 12:15 PM
A+ Vikings pick.

jj45
05-04-2011, 02:00 PM
I can't see Carroll passing on Barkley

T-RICH49
05-04-2011, 02:32 PM
forget the Masters.giving KC a OT in the 1st of mock drafts is a tradition unlike any other lol

OSUGiants17
05-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I'll take another ring, don't care who we draft if we win it all.

Duffman57
05-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Chargers need to upgrade their pass rush, NOT their OL (though maybe the RT spot, Potter is a terrible fit there, especially since he's a sub 300 lb guy. Give us Brandon Jenkins or Devin Taylor here.

thebow305
05-04-2011, 04:02 PM
I wouldn't hate Vontaze in Aqua and Orange, but I think I'd prefer Ray Ray Armstrong <3

SuperPacker
05-04-2011, 04:32 PM
forget the Masters.giving KC a OT in the 1st of mock drafts is a tradition unlike any other lol

Lol that made me laugh :D

K Train
05-04-2011, 05:06 PM
i like the steelers pick, but id prefer kenny tate there

LonghornsLegend
05-04-2011, 05:06 PM
I like the Ray Ray pick for Dallas, but I saw some things early on that were hard to see happening.

- I don't see a WR going #1, even if Carolina gets the pick. I know it has happened but not before so many elite QB's, especially since Jeffrery won't run as fast as he needs to.

- Buffalo passing on another franchise QB for a WR? I am a big Blackmon fan, but Fitzpatrick is a nice stop gap QB but even next year he'll be a year older and worse. Passing on Christian Ponder and Blaine Gabbert with the #2 overall pick is 1 thing, but I don't think Fitz is nearly enough to make them pass on Barkley in the top 10 for a shiny new toy I doubt they will be able to fully utilize until they get a signal caller.

Fitz would have at best a year left then, good time to not rush Barkley and be forced your hand into drafting one in 2013 no matter how high or low you have him rated.

Rest of the picks I liked, especially Broyles going to Indy. That would be a perfect fit without a doubt.

Scotty D
05-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Playoffs and Riley Reiff? + rep good sir

proshoota25
05-08-2011, 02:48 AM
i just jizzed for the thought of that pats mock

Caddy
05-08-2011, 04:55 AM
It's useless arguing player value right now, but as far as position went, I think you picked a winner with the Bucs.

Matthew Jones
05-08-2011, 09:16 AM
As much as we all want a pass rusher, I am not sure Paige-Moss is the most realistic option. He's an underclassman who needs to add a significant amount of bulk. He's probably around 240-245 right now and needs to be at about 260 in order to fit in here. He also seems to have a lot of trouble getting off of blocks, which we all know is a key component of New England's 3-4. It could be due to a lack of strength/moves, but it also looks like his feet slow on impact. Mike Brewster would be cool.

TNPatsFan
05-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Well of course it's way too early to say things like "there's no way we draft position X in the first round"!

But let's face it. We all know BB isn't going to draft an OLB in the first round. He just won't do it, no matter how much we want him to. He'd probably sooner bring Troy Brown out of retirement and line him up as an OLB than to draft one in the first round.

Nalej
05-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Well of course it's way too early to say things like "there's no way we draft position X in the first round"!

But let's face it. We all know BB isn't going to draft an OLB in the first round. He just won't do it, no matter how much we want him to. He'd probably sooner bring Troy Brown out of retirement and line him up as an OLB than to draft one in the first round.

Agreed. So I understand the BPA is an OLB arguement. Probably go WR here if there is no improvement from our bunch

K Train
05-09-2011, 09:17 AM
i like the steelers pick, but i would love dennard there

roscoesdad27
05-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Don't like the ravens pick, hes too small and just doesnt fit....olb isnt the problem anyway, pass rushing 5 tech is. J. Crick would be better or a f.s. like Lester from Bama or center M. Brewster.

Texas Homer
05-18-2011, 01:22 PM
28. Houston Texans select Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame

I like the Texans pick.

Pat Sims 90
05-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Kalil is a luxary pick for the Bengals. Whitworth is set as the LT and The Bengals have capable RT on their roster. If the Bengals are picking that high then they will need to add a player that will make a instant impact. CB, DE, DT, and RB would all be positions of impact.

vidae
05-18-2011, 03:33 PM
It's not even a month after the draft and already the OT to KC stuff pops up! Sheesh!

I have a feeling that our biggest needs next year will be ILB, DE (cuz Tyson Jackson will still suck) and RB (to replace Thomas Jones).. I still doubt OT will be a need at all.

redbills
05-18-2011, 04:19 PM
i'd take Barkley