PDA

View Full Version : Brag About a Player Your Team Drafted

D-Unit
05-04-2011, 07:39 PM
So what? You think your team hit gold??? Think you know something about his fit with the team that no one else has a clue about??? Think he's incorrectly being viewed by the masses???

Then go on... Brag!!!!

TACKLE
05-04-2011, 07:41 PM
At his peak, Jimmy Smith will be a top 5 CB in the league. That is all.

metafour
05-04-2011, 07:46 PM
At his peak, Jimmy Smith will be a top 5 CB in the league. That is all.

The penal league?

SeanTaylorRIP
05-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Chris Neild in the 7th round could be a steal. Kid is an absolute beast, undersized for a nose but he's strong as hell and plays angry. I see a potential Kelly Gregg type steal. Also keep your eye on Aldrick Robinson, could end up being a great slot receiver outperforming Niles Paul who I see too much Devin Thomas in.

RealityCheck
05-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Ryan "The Future" Mallett.

shylo3716
05-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Casey Matthews! What else is there to say, the bloodlines run long & deep.

D-Unit
05-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Tyron Smith... To those who think he's just a workout warrior... or last year's Bruce Campbell....

Suck it!

hRL2h7_yLyI

Roddoliver
05-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Jeremy Beal? He will be able to play 4-3 DE instead of 3-4 OLB. His 40-yard dash won't hurt him so much. The Broncos drafted the Big 12 Defensive Lineman of the Year and AP Defensive Player of the Year with a 7th round compensatory pick. That's crazy. 223 tackles (58.5 for loss) and 29 sacks for Oklahoma. He makes a lot of big plays despite the inferior athleticism. Did not look good in shorts, but plays some good football with pads.

GaMeTiMe
05-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Danny Watkins will be the best player on our line and Jaiquawn Jarrett will win DPOY. Pow

initial_flo
05-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Greg Little yall, I haven't been this excited about a Cleveland WR since Andre Rison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VRKB-KIQMg4#t=182s

scottyboy
05-04-2011, 08:32 PM
we got Prince Amukamara at pick 19. that's really all that needs to be said.

Duffman57
05-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Jonas Mouton will be as good as Larry Foote was in his prime with us. He's not a guy thats going to wow you with any athleticism but on film, he just keeps getting the job done over and over.

Nalej
05-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Nate Solder will make C.Wake, BUF rusher?, and C.Pace his bitches

TheBuffaloBills
05-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Michael Jasper. Going to convert to NT and become a wrecking ball. He's 448lbs in the pic

http://www.weck1230.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/michaeljasper-300x199.jpg

ellsy82
05-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Chris Carter, OLB...in about 5 years. :(

SeanTaylorRIP
05-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Michael Jasper. Going to convert to NT and become a wrecking ball. He's 448lbs in the pic

The guy is a shockingly fluid athlete for his size. Obviously we have to wait and see how everything translates onto the field but I can definitely see the NT potential:

vyWFh3Lp5u8

JustDezIT
05-04-2011, 09:18 PM
we got Prince Amukamara at pick 19. that's really all that needs to be said.

To bad Jimmy Smith shits all over him... But please, carry on.

Mr.Regular
05-04-2011, 09:19 PM
You thought our offense was scary before?

Add in Randall Cobb. Dynamic weapon...good route running and can run any type of route.... can line up in the backfield.... will be sick in the slot....oh and you also have Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley, DD, Jordy Nelson, and possibly James Jones to contend with. Yeah, Cobb makes us even scarier.

Also, our biggest weakpoint was probably the return game.... Cobb also helps fix that. We get better field position now.

mmmmmmm we gun be good.

cajuncorey
05-04-2011, 09:20 PM
i refuse to. because im a jets fan and dread draft days.

Mr. Goosemahn
05-04-2011, 09:27 PM

Add in Randall Cobb. Dynamic weapon...good route running and can run any type of route.... can line up in the backfield.... will be sick in the slot....oh and you also have Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley, DD, Jordy Nelson, and possibly James Jones to contend with. Yeah, Cobb makes us even scarier.

Also, our biggest weakpoint was probably the return game.... Cobb also helps fix that. We get better field position now.

mmmmmmm we gun be good.

This makes me think he'll be nothing more than a returner early on. Gonna have to have Driver retire or Jones leave for him to be the #4 receiver, IMO. Still, he will become a good player for you. The rich get richer.

In 5 "WR" sets, Finley will probably still play, he's athletic enough to do so.

scottyboy
05-04-2011, 09:32 PM

god, trolls these days aren't even funny or creative.
sure, Jimmy Smith might get more picks when he's playing in the prison league, but when Prince locks down Dez for the next however many years Dez can stay in the league, I'll be ok with it.

Mr. Goosemahn
05-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Also, Cameron ************* Heyward!

I had him as a top 3 3-4 DE and we got him with the second to last pick in the 1st. I know he didn't have the best season, but he was completely dominant prior to this year and was unstoppable in his bowl game. Him and Hood helping Woodley and Harrison in future years will be amazing.

This is probably me being homer-ly optimistic, but I could seriously see him playing at an Aaron Smith / Richard Seymour level for the majority of his career.

Splat
05-04-2011, 09:40 PM
I think Rodney Hudson is a perfect fit on the Chiefs OL and should be a starter day one.

coordinator0
05-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Jah Reid is going to start at RT from day one and he's going to be almost as good next to Yanda as Oher was.

scottyboy
05-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Jah Reid is going to start at RT from day one and he's going to be almost as good next to Yanda as Oher was.

that and Torrey Smith was one of the best fits and picks of the entire draft for you guys

SeanTaylorRIP
05-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Torrey Smith and Tandon Doss in the slot between Boldin and Mason is going to be deadly, hell if Mason gets to play the slot against nickel corners and safeties he's going to dominate. I can't even imagine how good the Ravens receiving options will be if either of last years picks Ed Dickson or Dennis Pitta develops into a solid backup for Heap. Flacco has a ton of receivers, a solid O-line, and one of the best backfields in the NFL if McClain is retained, no more excuses for him.

scottyboy
05-04-2011, 10:04 PM
and STRIP, don't forget the best running back in the league. Ravens O could have some real fire power next year

Woody56
05-04-2011, 10:16 PM
At pick 30 the Jets selected a guy who is 6-4 315 with little body fat, who can get after the QB and runs 4.9 in the 40 at only 21 years of age. How many guys that big can run that fast. I believe Wilkerson has one of the highest upsides in this years draft and with arguably the best d-line coach in the NFL (Rex Ryan), who better to help him reach that potential.

My favorite 1st round pick for the Jets since 07.

dunagan15
05-04-2011, 10:25 PM
QUIZZZZZZZZ....in the 5th? Absolute steal, will be more exciting than Julio in the ATL offense.

armageddon
05-04-2011, 10:26 PM
The Rams nailed picks 1-4.

DE Quinn - future pro bowler
TE Kendricks - combination of Dallas Clark and Hernandez
WR- Pettis - Boldin comparison and 2 inches taller
WR - Salas - similar to Pettis, great hands and physical. McShays steal of draft

WINNING !!

SeanTaylorRIP
05-04-2011, 10:27 PM
^^ Lol thanks for the nice laugh.

armageddon
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM
^^ Lol thanks for the nice laugh.

Weren't you one of the people laughing at the Rams for taking Bradford over Clausen too ?

edgrenade
05-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Kaepernick, Kendall Hunter, Ronald Johnson.

Enough said.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Weren't you one of the people laughing at the Rams for taking Bradford over Clausen too ?

What?? Where the heck did you get that from? The fact that you would even compare Pettis to Boldin is baffling beyond comprehension. Boldin is a RB with the ball in his hands. Pettis is the definition of posession receiver. And I can just as easily throw a Travis Beckum comparison to Lance Kendricks as you throw out the Dallas Clark comparison.

WMD
05-04-2011, 11:31 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/n_fairley_n_suh_110429_CP.jpg

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/he_smiles.gif

vidae
05-04-2011, 11:38 PM
I have two!

First, I think Baldwin came into the perfect situation for him. Haley will turn him into a beast and he'll be a fantastic compliment to Bowe.

Second, Justin Houston is going to be dangerous opposite Tamba in our 3-4. If RAC can coach him up, watch out.

RaiderNation
05-04-2011, 11:50 PM
I guess I would go Taiwan Jones for the Raiders. IMO he was a steal in the 4th round and could be one of the top big play threats from this draft. Sure we are loaded at RB, Jones gives us an explosive player that is needed on this offense. He can impact the game at KR or PR, and could also be a deadly weapon out of the back field and could be a Reggie Bush type player in our offense. He is a great athlete and will be a impact player early.

Mr. Goosemahn
05-05-2011, 12:14 AM
The Rams nailed picks 1-4.

DE Quinn - future pro bowler
TE Kendricks - combination of Dallas Clark and Hernandez
WR- Pettis - Boldin comparison and 2 inches taller
WR - Salas - similar to Pettis, great hands and physical. McShays steal of draft

WINNING !!

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052009/1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

C'mon man!

Jk, jk, jk. I respect your opinion and admire your optimism. :)

Smash28Dash34
05-05-2011, 02:55 AM
Kealoha Pilares is a physical slot WR who has no fear of contact and going over the middle. He also has the speed to get some serious yac. This kid has potential, I just pray we somehow keep #89.

AntoinCD
05-05-2011, 03:46 AM
Shane Vereen for the Pats. If he can earn the confidence of BB and Brady then he could be like a more dynamic, bigger Kevin Faulk. Absolutely perfect fit for when the Pats show their spread looks

fenikz
05-05-2011, 03:51 AM
LddTmQNu4ug
that is all.

Caddy
05-05-2011, 04:59 AM
I'm very jelly fenikz

Shere Khan
05-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Well, A.J. Green goes without saying. If Dalton develops at the pace which I think he can, A.J. will be a top 5 WR in the league sooner than later. I give him by his third season, he'll be torching secondaries all over the place.
Jimmy Smith who?

But my pick that I'm jazzed about is.....(wait for it)

Dontay Moch.

He'll start out destroying returners as a gunner in the Special Teams game, while he gets acclimated to the speed of the NFL.

And then conversely, he will utilize his speed to seek and destroy offenses the league over.

Hopefully the coaching staff is smart enough to use him as a Clay Matthews type, don't complicate things for this man, just have him use that blinding speed and incredible athletic abillity to go and hunt whatever poor soul that is holding the ball.

I'm predicting about 5 or 6 splash plays from this kid in his rookie year.
He'll be the next O'Dell Thurman, in terms of generating excitement for the 'D'.

GoRavens
05-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Torrey Smith is the next Donald Driver. Ravens win.

Shere Khan
05-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Torrey Smith is the next Donald Driver. Ravens win.

Yeah, they win the ENTIRE draft because they drafted Torrey Smith.

Gotcha.

SenorGato
05-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Kenrick Ellis will be the best non-first round DL amongst the large crop of Rex Ryan guys. He'll do it at either DE or NT. Guy is a beast.

Kerley will be a top tier slot WR for the Sanchize. Yes, the Sanchize.

CheeseKnuckles
05-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Caleb Schaulderaff in the 6th for the Packers... best pick of the draft.

Rosebud
05-05-2011, 08:26 AM

Not if Perry Fewell uses any zone, in which case Prince smacks Smith with his royal **** and people will **** about his lack of picks in college the first time we have a royal sack-pick with Osi forcing a QB to throw the ball to Prince. I like Smith a lot and he's a better blanket man right now but Prince is a better zone guy, can play off coverage really well, stop the run and is a better fit to play NB as a rookie since he's a better blitzer.

Long story short, Prince > Smith at everything except for man-press. Boom.

Rosebud
05-05-2011, 08:30 AM

mmmmmmm we gun be good.

This is almost exactly how I feel about Jernigan for us, as a young player he's unlikely to get on the field over Smith, Nicks, Mario and Barden. He should give us the first impact return man the giants have had in over a decade while making sure that even if the **** hits the fan we won't have sign guys off of the street again.

TheFinisher
05-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Felix and Demarco in the same backfield :D

http://www.gossipbeast.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/dave1.jpghttp://hiphop.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Kevin-Hart-Steve-Harvey-Movie.jpg

z-V6103dPAs

GoRavens
05-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Prince > Smith at everything except for man-press. Boom.

Wrong.
Jimmy Smith has better ball skills.
Jimmy Smith is also 10 times more clutch than Prince.
Any big game, against any big name WR, Prince failed to impress.
(Look up tape on him vs. Justin Blackmon, just one example)

Halsey
05-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Why your team needs a big, physical corner:

KO8Wf0VKip4

Rosebud
05-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Wrong.

Yeah Ball skills to, but I still trust Prince to go out and play all sorts of different coverage much more. Prince just has a lot more versatility which IMO is a great match for his work ethic and focus to truly maximize his gifts. Plus he's got a great corner to study in Corey Webster who's game I see a lot of resemblance to.

Everyone loves to bring up the Blackmon game but are there other examples where Prince really got taken advantage? I haven't gone back and watched every game and didn't pay attention that closely during the season so I'm genuinely asking, since one game in college does not a career make, especially for a guy who's got his head on straight and determined to succeed.

Pat Sims 90
05-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Wrong.

Jimmy Smith got tourched by AJ Green so that was the best WR that Jimmy Smith went up against. Watch tape on that game and tell me he did not look bad in that game.

scottyboy
05-05-2011, 10:12 AM
it's ok, it's a classic case of "my team got this player, so that automatically now makes him better than everyone else".
especially from this dude. 99% of his posts are pure trolling

NY+Giants=NYG
05-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Wrong.

LOL Both arguments are stupid. We got excellent value with respect to where we picked at # 19. I'll take that any day. And with our coaching staff and pass rush, that means more QBs hurrying to get rid of the ball quickly. That means more chances for all our guys in the secondary to make plays. Every CB gets beat now and then. However, we aren't going to throw Prince to the wolves. We will do what we normally do and try to develop him. If he does cover an elite WR, it will probably be bracket coverage with Rolle or Kenny Philips over the top.

Fan bickering over who is better is comical. Both teams got good value. You guys are happy with Smith and we got a great player at an excellent draft spot. We didn't even need a CB and drafted him. We are fine with Webster, TT, and Ross. Our pass rush and DL was our focus areas. We are addressing both areas last year and now.

bitonti
05-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Danny Watkins will be the best player on our line and Jaiquawn Jarrett will win DPOY. Pow

Im sorry a 27 year old right guard in round 1? There's no measure by Danny Watkins is better than Gabe Carimi the outland trophy winner. Yes he will be the best player on a terrible line.

if Reid had real guts he'd have taken Cam Jordan. Jordan at 23 would be a better pick than Graham at 13 (and I loved Graham coming out.)

The Saints didn't seem to be worried he only fit in a 3-4.

bitonti
05-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Jimmy Smith got tourched by AJ Green so that was the best WR that Jimmy Smith went up against. Watch tape on that game and tell me he did not look bad in that game.

in fairness Patrick Peterson also got torched by AJ Green. It happens.

FuzzyGopher
05-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Why your team needs a big, physical corner:

KO8Wf0VKip4

I'd get a ball hawker to snag all of the passes that bounce off of his hands. Just kidding, I actually like Julio, he just needs to be more consistent and focus on catching the ball before turning upfield.

coordinator0
05-05-2011, 10:29 AM

IIRC Brown was the guy matched up most of the time on Green. Since their scheme relegates the corners to a specific side they just lined Green up on the right side (Brown's side) and kept him away from Smith.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
05-05-2011, 10:34 AM
3 pages in and I disappointed in Chicago fans :(

The Bear Jew Gabe Carimi (or Semite Truck, as some prefer) will be straight wreckin fools. The Bloodline can't touch Jay when Gabe has him eating **** every snap. It's like we drafted Cutler, Forte, and [insert disrespected Chicago WR here] all with the 29th overall pick.

The Bear Jew = OROY.

domingo
05-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Daniel KILLER Kilgore for the 49ers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3r6z5kiMhA&feature=related

roscoesdad27
05-05-2011, 11:05 AM
3 pages in and I disappointed in Chicago fans :(

The Bear Jew Gabe Carimi (or Semite Truck, as some prefer) will be straight wreckin fools. The Bloodline can't touch Jay when Gabe has him eating **** every snap. It's like we drafted Cutler, Forte, and [insert disrespected Chicago WR here] all with the 29th overall pick.

The Bear Jew = OROY.

lol...love the nicknames

Ravens1991
05-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Torrey Smith and Tandon Doss in the slot between Boldin and Mason is going to be deadly, hell if Mason gets to play the slot against nickel corners and safeties he's going to dominate. I can't even imagine how good the Ravens receiving options will be if either of last years picks Ed Dickson or Dennis Pitta develops into a solid backup for Heap. Flacco has a ton of receivers, a solid O-line, and one of the best backfields in the NFL if McClain is retained, no more excuses for him.

Cam Cameron definetly has the potential to screw this all up.

SINCE1978
05-05-2011, 11:26 AM
FAIRLEY certain, Detroit got a steal @ 13 ... juat say'n

DcmRulz
05-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Our offense just got deadlier with Rudolph in tow, and our D is ready for the next generation with Burton and Ballard.

Saints-Tigers
05-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Jimmy Smith is a better corner IMO.

Difference is, Smith is a moron and a partier, and Prince is an upstanding citizen and intelligent guy.

Anyway, I could brag about anyone the Saints drafted this year, I'm probably least excited about Patrick, and he's still a nice mid round pick :D

What a nice draft, even if it doesn't pan out, I really love the value we got.

JBCX
05-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Wrong.

Jimmy Smith also has better coke-snorting skills and codeine-mixing skills.

Another excellent high-character Ozzie Newsome pick for the future. See: Kindle, Sergio.

Ravens1991
05-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Do you have a link saying that he did coke? Hines came in claiming Smith had a facebook photo doing cocaine. Im not saying it isnt true I would like to see a link about that.

JBCX
05-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Im sorry a 27 year old right guard in round 1? There's no measure by Danny Watkins is better than Gabe Carimi the outland trophy winner. Yes he will be the best player on a terrible line.

if Reid had real guts he'd have taken Cam Jordan. Jordan at 23 would be a better pick than Graham at 13 (and I loved Graham coming out.)

The Saints didn't seem to be worried he only fit in a 3-4.

If you watch Jordan on tape, however, you see he has only average first step and quickness. He's purely an effort / power guy who can't turn the corner as a pass rusher. He's purely a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT, imho. If you put him at 4-3 DE he'll be a decent run-stopper, 4-5 sack type of guy at best.

draftguru151
05-05-2011, 11:46 AM
911 career rushing yards, 189 career catches, 2544 career receiving yards, 38 career TDs. 6-3, 245, 4.69 40, 1.55 10, 18 reps, 35" vert, 9-10 broad jump, 4.15 SS, 7.02 3 cone. What a beastly H-B prospect.

JBCX
05-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Do you have a link saying that he did coke? Hines came in claiming Smith had a facebook photo doing cocaine. Im not saying it isnt true I would like to see a link about that.

He's been known to enjoy his Peruvian Marching Powder if you talk to people "in the know" around Colorado. I'm just scared to see what will happen when he starts cutting his first NFL paychecks.

Even with all that physical talent, I'd pass on him in the first and second rounds in a heartbeat. It's just not worth the headache to pick that kind of player, especially when you can find decent corners elsewhere.

Grizzlegom
05-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Edmond Gates will be the deep threat that Ted Ginn never was.

Token
05-05-2011, 12:40 PM

That's not true, and it's a common misconception.
Here's an article that talks about the match up

Was really impressed with his ability to cover A.J. Green of Georgia. Bulldogs tried to send Green on a vertical route, inside down the middle of the field. Smith is lined up in outside technique, reads the break and drives to the middle of the field as Green is in the clear. The ball is well thrown but Smith is there to knock the pass away. Later in the game, Green lines up wide in the red zone setting up the fade. Green tries to beat Smith inside but Smith cuts off that route with his feet, then jams Green with his hands. As Green tries to separate, Smith drives allowing no space for the ball to be fit in. As the game wore on, the Georgia coaches moved Green to the opposite side of the field away from Smith and he was able to make play after play.

Remember this about Jimmy Smith: He went toe to toe with the best receiver in this draft and won.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4679161/draft-watch-colorado-cb-jimmy-smith

In fact, he only allowed 1 reception for 1 yard against AJ Green. The rest of his yards came against Jalil Brown.

SenorGato
05-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Edmond Gates will be the deep threat that Ted Ginn never was.

Too bad it's still Chad Henne throwing him the ball. He'll have a spot of trouble getting it to Gates when K.Ellis crush heem like bug.

K Train
05-05-2011, 12:56 PM
heyward is gonna take over for aaron smith as a top 3 34end by the time guys like smith and seymour retire

fear the elf
05-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm interested to see what Jabaal Sheard can do. Two undersized DE's in Sheard and Marcus Benard flanking two oversized DT's in Phil Taylor and Ahtyba Rubin. Maybe the Browns have a chance to have a mediocre DL. :)

KCJ58
05-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Greg Salas bitches

wicket
05-05-2011, 01:34 PM
ingram is just a perfect fit for the saints run-first between the tackles power smashmouth offense

johanns21
05-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Everyone loves to bring up the Blackmon game but are there other examples where Prince really got taken advantage? I haven't gone back and watched every game and didn't pay attention that closely during the season so I'm genuinely asking, since one game in college does not a career make, especially for a guy who's got his head on straight and determined to succeed.

Just thought I'd add my observations.

Prince didn't have a lock down game against Blackmon, but it wasn't all his fault. Blackmon ended up with 157 yards and 2 touchdowns against Nebraska. The first touchdown he had was an 80 yard flea flicker. If you watch the highlights you'll see that Prince was in underneath coverage and DeJon Gomes the safety in that play bit very hard on the play fake and was out of position. Prince actually caught Blackmon but thier feet got tied up and he couldn't make the play. Blackmon's other TD catch was a 25 yarder at the end of the game and Prince wasn't even covering him. So if you take those two passes away Blackmon had 52 yards. So its not like he was killing it all day long.

Now the big knock on Prince is that he doesn't have good ball skills. But where does that come from? Is it because of his lack of interceptions this season? Well if thats the case then the same can be said about Jimmy Smith. Smith had 0 interceptions this season. Prince has 5 career picks while Smith has 3.

Another thing that makes me wonder is if Jimmy Smith is Colorado's best corner, why didn't he start the game on AJ Green instead of Brown? But thats probably an indication of the Buffalo's coaching staff.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
05-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Mario Williams filed for retirement after hearing the colts drafted Anthony Castonzo.

coordinator0
05-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Another thing that makes me wonder is if Jimmy Smith is Colorado's best corner, why didn't he start the game on AJ Green instead of Brown? But thats probably an indication of the Buffalo's coaching staff.

Again, it's the scheme Colorado uses. Smith played the left side and Brown played on the right. I don't think it's a great idea but it's what they used.

Grizzlegom
05-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Too bad it's still Chad Henne throwing him the ball. He'll have a spot of trouble getting it to Gates when K.Ellis crush heem like bug.

Gonna be tough for him to get to Henne considering Pouncey's gonna have Ellis on his arse all game.

stl9erfan
05-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Kendall Hunter running behind last year's no. 1s Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati. Be afraid, NFC West.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Hunter is incredibly important not if but when Frank Gore goes down. While Gore's still healthy he'll be a nice 3rd down back.

DoughBoy
05-05-2011, 05:16 PM

!!!!!

Jasper used to go to my high school and is friends with my brother! Dude is one of the strongest human beings I have ever seen in person. He lifted the back-end of our truck up in the school's parking lot. Our D-line was so ******* stacked in HS because we had Jasper and a 5-9 300 pound guy that could bench 615 pounds (currently does some strongman stuff).... not to mention we had Levi Brown at QB at the same time.

49erNation85
05-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Should be a good combo of DE on SF d line once Aldon Smith get to starts.Gonna be hard to run on the out side with these two DE guys.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Huh Aldon Smith is playing DE? Why?

Matthew Jones
05-05-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm extremely excited to see how Nate Solder and Marcus Cannon develop. Dante Scarnecchia is easily one of the best offensive line coaches in the NFL - he's developed guys like Dan Koppen, Stephen Neal, etc. into long-term NFL starters, and made sure top picks along the offensive line reach their full potential (Matt Light, Logan Mankins, Sebastian Vollmer, etc.) I see Solder as a long-term left tackle, and if Marcus Cannon fully recovers from cancer, he could project as a long-term starter at one of the guard spots. He has a ways to go mentally but hopefully the Patriots' strong coaching, locker room, and veteran OL presence gets him there.

Rabscuttle
05-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Huh Aldon Smith is playing DE? Why?

You should have seen the surprised looks in the room when 49erNation85 told our coaching staff that our 260 pound OLB was going to play 3-4 DE.

VernonLawson89
05-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Ryan "The Future" Mallett.

Kendall Hunter and the guy on your sig... NUFF SAID!

LonghornsLegend
05-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Am I allowed to be excited about Greg Little even though he's not on my team? I think he could be a stud if he puts in the time and effort, but I don't know much about his character and if he's likely to fulfill that potential.

He's a natural athlete though and surprisingly gifted at WR even though he was previosly at RB. He is just extremely impressive on the field and with Cleveland having a lack of play-makers he should contribute right away.

Also, Cameron Heyward going to Pitt makes me jealous. There is no doubt he's gonna end up 1 of the best 3-4 DE's in the league, and being that Ziggy Hood already looks like a stud, it's no wonder that their defense continues that tradition.

They don't have to rush any of their picks either, even though Heyward is good enough to start right now.

toddmlazarchick
05-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Leonard Hankerson bitches....that is all!

Wodwo
05-06-2011, 05:13 AM
Ok, so this thread is for homers to brag about their draft picks?

Best fit of the draft:

Kaepernick + Harbaugh = Win

Kaep has the highest ceiling in the draft. He's got a QB guru to teach him the WCO. He'll have the luxury of a year to sit on the bench and learn. Arguably the biggest arm, most athletic, and most intelligent QB prospect in the draft.

This year is probably going to suck anyway, what with the labor issue. Mulligan this season and next year, the 49ers are ready to unleash the beast.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1102/nfl-combine-2011/images/colin-kaepernick-077903885.jpg

the_dark_knight
05-06-2011, 09:41 AM
That's not true, and it's a common misconception.
Here's an article that talks about the match up

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4679161/draft-watch-colorado-cb-jimmy-smith

In fact, he only allowed 1 reception for 1 yard against AJ Green. The rest of his yards came against Jalil Brown.

The only issue with that article is that the best WR isn't A.J. Green, it's Julio Jones.

It will never be a fair comparison as Atlanta is in a much better spot with much better coaches than Cincy is, but that's my opinion. He went to a place where he fits better than A.J. does and A.J. seems to play too soft, where Julio is far more aggressive.

I'd say at this point my favorite pick for the Falcons OTHER than Julio of course.

QUIZZ. That kid is lightning in a bottle, he's got the feet of Barry Sanders, but is severely lacking in the top end speed department in comparison. Quizz's acceleration, and change of direction skills are phenomenal, and he really reminds me a bit of Barry. Obviously he's no where near the player Barry was, as he was the greatest runningback in the history of the NFL, but he's got me excited to see him break some ankles on 3rd downs.

wicket
05-06-2011, 09:44 AM
The only issue with that article is that the best WR isn't A.J. Green, it's Julio Jones.

It will never be a fair comparison as Atlanta is in a much better spot with much better coaches than Cincy is, but that's my opinion. He went to a place where he fits better than A.J. does and A.J. seems to play too soft, where Julio is far more aggressive.

I'd say at this point my favorite pick for the Falcons OTHER than Julio of course.

QUIZZ. That kid is lightning in a bottle, he's got the feet of Barry Sanders, but is severely lacking in the top end speed department in comparison. Quizz's acceleration, and change of direction skills are phenomenal, and he really reminds me a bit of Barry. Obviously he's no where near the player Barry was, as he was the greatest runningback in the history of the NFL, but he's got me excited to see him break some ankles on 3rd downs.

thats not really fair, those two were like the only picks you had

the_dark_knight
05-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Ok, so this thread is for homers to brag about their draft picks?

Best fit of the draft:

Kaepernick + Harbaugh = Win

Kaep has the highest ceiling in the draft. He's got a QB guru to teach him the WCO. He'll have the luxury of a year to sit on the bench and learn. Arguably the biggest arm, most athletic, and most intelligent QB prospect in the draft.

This year is probably going to suck anyway, what with the labor issue. Mulligan this season and next year, the 49ers are ready to unleash the beast.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1102/nfl-combine-2011/images/colin-kaepernick-077903885.jpg
WOAH BRO, LAY OFF THE SAUCE!

You've got to be kidding. There isn't a question who has the biggest Arm, it's Mallet, and it's not even close. I hate the Patriots and I hate the Razorbacks, but there is not even the slightest possibility of him having anywhere near the biggest arm.

As far as highest ceiling, I disagree there too, Cam has the highest ceiling(as much as I hate Carolina and Auburn), Kapernick just has the farthest to go to reach his ceiling. He's got potential to be an above average starting QB in the NFL, but he's got a floor that says, out of the league in 2 seasons.

If Harbaugh was really the QB guru, well things would be different, but he's not.

the_dark_knight
05-06-2011, 09:48 AM
thats not really fair, those two were like the only picks you had

http://bookexcerpts.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/andrew-jackson.jpg

^this guy would disagree.

Cliff Matthews was a nice late round pickup too, Akeem Dent, plus we got a friggin KICKER!! WHAT, we winz!

wicket
05-06-2011, 10:00 AM
WOAH BRO, LAY OFF THE SAUCE!

You've got to be kidding. There isn't a question who has the biggest Arm, it's Mallet, and it's not even close. I hate the Patriots and I hate the Razorbacks, but there is not even the slightest possibility of him having anywhere near the biggest arm.

As far as highest ceiling, I disagree there too, Cam has the highest ceiling(as much as I hate Carolina and Auburn), Kapernick just has the farthest to go to reach his ceiling. He's got potential to be an above average starting QB in the NFL, but he's got a floor that says, out of the league in 2 seasons.

If Harbaugh was really the QB guru, well things would be different, but he's not.

kaepernick was tested to have the biggest arm during the combine. he threw the fastest passes. Not saying that he plays like it but there was a fundamental for that claim. Id say kaep and newton are physically quite evenly talented with kaep having the better arm and newton being able to carry a bigger frame.

Whilst I dont agree with all the statements none of them are indefensible

SeanTaylorRIP
05-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Kaep does have a monster arm it's his mechanics which are awful. Also the fact that much like Newton he played in a gimmicky offense in which even when he did pass he had passing lanes you could drive a school bus through and he never threw the ball until he saw a guy open.

SenorGato
05-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Gonna be tough for him to get to Henne considering Pouncey's gonna have Ellis on his arse all game.

Touché Dolphins fan.

Luckily, Henne will probably fall over himself anyway. Or just get Revis'd.

wicket
05-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Touché Dolphins fan.

Luckily, Henne will probably fall over himself anyway. Or just get Revis'd.

yeah, why would you even want to pressure henne, just diminishes the chance of an interception

Monomach
05-06-2011, 10:45 AM
ingram is just a perfect fit for the saints run-first between the tackles power smashmouth offense
+1

Anyway...Gabe Carimi is going to be punching bitches in the mouf.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
05-06-2011, 11:35 AM
he never threw the ball until he saw a guy open.

As opposed to throwing into triple coverage?

wicket
05-06-2011, 11:38 AM

as opposed to timing routes and routes where you know your guy will be open but isnt yet

SeanTaylorRIP
05-06-2011, 12:09 PM

In the NFL if you wait until a guy is open to throw the ball you are already sacked.

armageddon
05-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Greg Salas bitches

Dude is a beast. Steal of the draft according to McShay

Buffalo M
05-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Dareus at #3, because he's the best player in the draft.