PDA

View Full Version : It's Never Too Early- 2012 Mock

OSUGiants17
05-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Don't complain about the order. This is my prediction, deal with it.

1. Denver Broncos: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
Elway gets a real QB and a franchise QB, no brainer pick here.

2. Minnesota Vikings: Jon Martin, OT, Stanford
Vikings have to protect Ponder.

3. Carolina Panthers: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
Give Cam his weapons.

4. Washington Redskins: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Beck and Grossman? Lolz

5. Tennessee Titans: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
Will be hard for Locker to fail with CJ2K, Britt and Blackmon.

6. Cincinnati Bengals: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
Bengals get the DE they should have taken this year.

7. Seattle Seahawks: Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
Can't trust Charlie Whitehurst as your future QB.

8. Arizona Cardinals: Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State
Home town boy to give them a force on defense. I think they grab Kolb and don't need a QB next draft.

9. Miami Dolphins: Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State
Another team desperate for a franchise QB

10. San Fransisco 49ers: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
Shut down corner to take over for Nate.

11. Buffalo Bills: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
If they truly trust Fitzpatrick they need to protect him.

12. Dallas Cowboys: Kenny Tate, S, Maryland
A leader for the secondary who can fill the whole at safety.

13. Cleveland Browns: Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
Colt McCoy needs a #1 WR.

14. Oakland Raiders: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
Replacement for Aso.

15. Jacksonville Jaguars: Janzen Jackson, S, Tennessee
Jaguars got their QB, now they bolster the D.

16. Detroit Lions: Riley Rieff, OT, Iowa
The D is set, now it's time to help keep Stafford on the field so he can play for more than 5 years.

17. Chicago Bears: Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
Big man to fill gaps up front and help that front 7.

18. San Diego Chargers: Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
Man in the middle to lead the D.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma
Tampa could have taken Ayers this year but it would have been a reach, Lewis is not a reach here so they get their LB.

20. Huston Texans: DeVier Posey, WR, Ohio State
Someone to take the heat off of Andre Johnson

21. St. Louis Rams: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
Perfect compliment to Steven Jackson.

22. Baltimore Ravens: Courtney Upshaw, LB, Albama
Perfect 3-4 LB in this class who will fit the Ravens perfectly.

23. Philadelphia Eagles: Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon
After passing on Jimmy Smith, the Eagles finally get their CB a year later.

24. Indianapolis Colts: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
Reggie Wayne isn't getting any younger, Collie is the concussion poster boy and Garçon is a one trick pony. Peyton needs a #1 to take over for Reggie.

25. New York Giants: Luke Kuelchy, LB, Boston College
Leader of the D who is a tackling machine and can play any LB position for the G-Men.

26. Pittsburgh Steelers: Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State
Perfect LB to play with Timmons inside that Steelers D.

27. New England Patriots(from Saints): Ray Ray Armstrong, S, Miami
A replacement for Merriweather.

28. Kansas City Chiefs: Don'ta Hightower, LB, Alabama
I won't be that guy to mock yet another OT to the Chiefs, cause it won't happen. The Chiefs need a LB bad.

29. Green Bay Packers: Donte Paige-Moss, DE/OLB, North Carolina
Perfect edge rusher to play opposite Clay.

30. New York Jets: Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall
The Jets need to add to their pass rush and Curry can do that.

31. New England Patriots: Brandon Jenkins, DE, Florida State
New England gets their edge rusher.

32. Cleveland Browns(from Falcons): Shayne Skov, LB, Stanford
Cleveland needs a face on Defense and Skov can be that guy.

Will add pictures later, posting this from an iPhone. Sorry if I picked a player twice, just let me know. Comments and critics are welcome.

prock
05-04-2011, 08:29 PM
I dig Martin. I say ******** to us picking second though. But Martin is awesome.

OSUGiants17
05-04-2011, 08:33 PM
I dig Martin. I say ******** to us picking second though. But Martin is awesome.

No stability on that team, sorry man. I like the talent, but Ponder as a rookie will be shakey, the D has some holes and is getting a little older.

Hines
05-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Burfict is from Cali, not AZ.

Love the Steelers pick. I just hope he takes that next step, though.

SickwithIt1010
05-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Idk if a team like the Colts would take a guy like Floyd with the baggage hes gonna bring, but looks like a solid mock.

Early on I have Kalil as my top OT but its still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay early.

OSUGiants17
05-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Burfict is from Cali, not AZ.

Love the Steelers pick. I just hope he takes that next step, though.

I know he was born and raised there as whent to HS there, but he plays at Arizona State is what I'm getting at.

jrdrylie
05-04-2011, 10:32 PM
The Bears pick is kind of meh. The Bears really like Anthony Adams. They also just traded up for Stephen Paea. Melton and Toeaina provide solid depth so defensive tackle is not really a need right not.

I also love that I've seen about ten 2012 mock drafts so far and every single one of them has the Bears drafting in the 15-18 range. I think it's kind of ridiculous that everybody is so certain that the number two seed from last year who came within a possession of the Super Bowl and isn't going to lose anybody important will become an 8-8 team.

thebow305
05-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Lindley is a decent pick there, but I find it hard to believe that four QB's will go in the Top 9 next year.

ChiFan24
05-05-2011, 01:08 AM
The Bears pick is kind of meh. The Bears really like Anthony Adams. They also just traded up for Stephen Paea. Melton and Toeaina provide solid depth so defensive tackle is not really a need right not.

I also love that I've seen about ten 2012 mock drafts so far and every single one of them has the Bears drafting in the 15-18 range. I think it's kind of ridiculous that everybody is so certain that the number two seed from last year who came within a possession of the Super Bowl and isn't going to lose anybody important will become an 8-8 team.

It's really not that ridiculous....we were kind of lucky to finish where we did considering all of our weaknesses. And the 15-18 range really isn't that bad. Some 2010 playoffs teams are going to miss the 2011 playoffs and we're a fairly obvious candidate to win fewer games. Also, just because ten people think it will happen doesn't mean they're all strongly against the Bears or positive they'll miss the playoffs....it just means ten people think it will happen.

Anyway, Worthy is fine depending on how Melton/Paea do and whether Adams is re-signs. I'd prefer to keep adding to the offensive line though.

wicket
05-05-2011, 02:16 AM
nice, more irish drafted in the first round thatn drafted alltogether this year

fenikz
05-05-2011, 04:36 AM
if we are picking top 10 we will be selecting a QB, Ryan Lindley seems like a perfect fit. But since we will be in the playoffs if we have a QB then I would look at guys like Kuelchy, Hightower or Armstrong as an eventual Wilson replace, also any position on the OL really(KO, Potter, Reynolds)

Abaddon
05-05-2011, 07:01 AM
14. Oakland Raiders: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
Replacement for Aso.

Didn't they just draft two CBs? And two more in 2010? And sign Routt to a nutty contract?

C'mon now. Do better.

Pat Sims 90
05-05-2011, 07:34 AM
I don't see Coples as a 4-3 DE he is more going to be a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DT I also don't see him going that high because he does not have real elite pass rushing skills. CB will prolly be a huge need next year if they can't keep Joseph this year and they lose Hall next year.

jrdrylie
05-05-2011, 10:20 AM
I don't see Coples as a 4-3 DE he is more going to be a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DT I also don't see him going that high because he does not have real elite pass rushing skills. CB will prolly be a huge need next year if they can't keep Joseph this year and they lose Hall next year.

Coples is 6'6 245. That is not the size of a 3-4 end or 4-3 DT.

Pat Sims 90
05-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Coples is 6'6 245. That is not the size of a 3-4 end or 4-3 DT.

Yea he has the frame to beef up and play that position. I think he better against the run then he is the pass.

DiG
05-05-2011, 02:22 PM
id be happy with barkley although id prefer to trade whatever it takes for luck.

Dam8610
05-05-2011, 04:53 PM
I find it funny that after two concussions Collie is "the concussion poster boy".

OSUGiants17
05-05-2011, 08:40 PM
I find it funny that after two concussions Collie is "the concussion poster boy".

Concussions have really only been talked about heavily the past 2-3 years and he has had one 2 years in a row so his name is actually mentioned just about every time the words concussion and football are said.

Matthew Jones
05-05-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure the Patriots are going to get rid of Meriweather...the firing of Corwin Brown at the end of the season might signify that they thought Meriweather was not receiving the proper coaching, and that was the reason he regressed. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if New England cut him loose should he repeat his 2010 campaign. A pass rusher would be nice but at this point it's hard to project New England to draft one, especially one that lacks bulk, as Jenkins does.

Dam8610
05-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Concussions have really only been talked about heavily the past 2-3 years and he has had one 2 years in a row so his name is actually mentioned just about every time the words concussion and football are said.

He had two last year. He had no concussions in 2009.

OSUGiants17
05-05-2011, 09:35 PM
He had two last year. He had no concussions in 2009.

My bad, 2 in 2 years. That better?

thefridge15
05-05-2011, 11:28 PM
What is the status of Janzen Jackson? He left the Vols right?

HEISMANHERSCHEL
05-05-2011, 11:39 PM
I loved the comment after the Lions pick. "The D is set." Their D is set? Their front four is gonna be like a tsunami, and the LB's are ok. But their secondary is kinda far from set.

Poz51
05-06-2011, 09:09 AM
11. Buffalo Bills: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
If they truly trust Fitzpatrick they need to protect him.

Good pick for Buffalo, if Merriman and Co. dont work out, Paige-Moss, Upshaw, D. Taylor, B. Lindsey, and B. Jenkins at rush OLB, or a QB like Jones if they are in position to get one. I can live with Kalil though, and right now he looks like a great value at that spot as well, nice job.

IwannatalktoSampson
05-06-2011, 03:50 PM
these mocks are so pointless...most of these picks will probably end up in the 2nd or 3rd round

CrankthatCrabtree
05-07-2011, 01:14 AM
if we are picking top 10 we will be selecting a QB, Ryan Lindley seems like a perfect fit. But since we will be in the playoffs if we have a QB then I would look at guys like Kuelchy, Hightower or Armstrong as an eventual Wilson replace, also any position on the OL really(KO, Potter, Reynolds)

Well...he said you would get Kolb and seeing as Kolb ******* blows. There is no problem with him keeping you guys at 8

rawdawg
05-07-2011, 04:33 PM
these mocks are so pointless...most of these picks will probably end up in the 2nd or 3rd round

It's kinda strange to harp on the players being picked where they are, when right now it makes sense. The most pointless thing about mocks for next year is that the draft order will probably be drastically different when all is said and done.

I like the Jerel Worthy pick for the Bears. But I hope they don't need DT again next year. I really hope Justin Blackmon hangs out with Deion Sanders next school year and is there for the Bears in the mid-to-late 1st. If not, then I'd really like Osemele (OG, Iowa St), the C from Ohio St (Brewster), or one of the many talented DEs, CBs, or WRs in this draft.

ChiFan24
05-08-2011, 10:49 PM

When are mocks not pointless?

roscoesdad27
05-09-2011, 03:06 PM
3-4 olb isn't the problem in Baltimore, a passing rushing 5 tech is what's needed. J. Crick would be better or free safety Lester from Bama.