PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite 2012 Prospects

OSUGiants17
05-04-2011, 08:48 PM
This is a thread for your pre-season man crushes. This isnt about your top 10, but your 10 favorite. I'll start:

1. Vontaze Burfict, LB, ASU- love the way he plays
2. Luke Kuelchy, LB, BC- the next Urlacher
3. Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame- another LB, I just love this years LB class
4. Nigel Bradham, LB, Florida State- plays with speed of a player 30lbs lighter, hits like he's 30lbs heavier, fun to watch.
5. Chris Osuwu, WR, Stanford- love playing as him in NCAA 11, lol, he's also great in real life
6. Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas- my favorite RB prospect in this draft
7. Kenny Tate, S, Maryland- like the way he plays and for some reason h just always stood out to me when watching the Terps.
8. Mickey Groody, P, FAU- my cousin so he has to be in my top 10, Im just hoping he gets drafted.
9. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma- wish he came out this year, favorite WR prospect in a while.
10. DeVier Posey, WR, THE Ohio State University- Homer pick, favorite player from my favorite school.

TACKLE
05-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Nuf said.

KvcsffTQojI

I also love me some RG3, Alfonzo Dennard, Trent Richardson and Kelechi Osemele.

TheFinisher
05-04-2011, 09:40 PM
BRUUUUUCCCEEE!

6leAL3eK9jo

awfully raw and is still learning how to play the position (converted WR) but he's one of the more intriguing prospects in this class.

niel89
05-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Andrew Luck, I got to watch him just keep developing in every game last year and its been just a pleasure to watch him run that offense. Could be a really special prospect when he comes out.

tPKUUHEZbjY

draftgod
05-04-2011, 10:23 PM
David DeCastro for giving me his Orange Bowl gloves. They smell horrible but its a pretty neat little treasure.

dannyz
05-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Andrew Luck - One of my Favorite Prospects Ever
Trent Richardson - My Next Favorite RB after AP
Vontaze Burfict - My Next Favorite LB after Patrick Willis
I have alot more but they are pretty much tied at this point.

dunagan15
05-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Trent Richardson, lock to be a top 5 pick

Woody56
05-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Trent Richardson, lock to be a top 5 pick

No RB is a lock to be a top 5 pick

ElectricEye
05-04-2011, 10:32 PM
1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
How can you not love this guy? Physical tools good enough...but what really makes him special is his feel for the game and intangibles. This is just about as good as it gets for a quarterback prospect and the one guy in the past few years I can honestly see thrusting himself up into that Tom Brady/Peyton Manning level of quarterbacks.

2. Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State
Nastiness personified on the field. Maybe a little rawer around the edges than someone like a Luke Keuchly type, but he legitimately changes the game at the inside linebacker spot, something that has become increasingly raw these days. On top of the sheer punishing hitting power, he's a very good athlete and seems to be a very hard worker dedicated to being the best player he can. That's a scary combination and evokes some strong Ray Lewis comparisons

3. Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State
Under the radar guy with an immense ceiling. Great build at 6'4 215 and the kind of arm you expect out of of a well built quarterback. Pretty good at keeping the play alive within the pocket too, which is always something you look for. Defiantly one of my top guys to watch and want to know more about going into next year. He's struggled a bit with turnovers and accuracy early into his career, but he offsets that somewhat by coming out of a pro-style system. He also really hasn't had much in the way of offensive line help, although he has had some nice targets to throw to. If he steps it up and has a great year, he's going to have some real late first/early second round buzz based on his tools alone. I do worry about the obtainably of that, however, with all the unproven players he'll be throwing to this fall. Could end up being a Nathan Enderle type stock wise, but he's got the ability and the buzz to go higher as things stand right now.

4. Alshon Jeffery, Beast, South Carolina
I'm not sure he's Calvin Johnson as a prospect, but he's certainly close. Immensely productive, athletically gifted...what else can you ask for? In a few years, people will be saying Brandon Marshall is a very poor mans Alshon Jeffery.

5. Luke Keuchly, LB, Boston College
The way he gets after the football is absolutely special. He has some things that he needs to work on, but none of them are real back breaking issues. Very good sideline to sideline speed to compliment unmatched instincts. If you really isolate the film on him, seeing him read and diagnose plays is just so much fun to watch.

6. David DeCastro, G, Stanford
Stanford has had one of the best, if not THE best, offensive lines in college football the past few years. DeCastro is a large piece of that puzzle. Absolutely dominating inline blocker who has the ability to pull and play in space to compliment it. Probably would have been a late first round/early second round pick had he chosen to come out this year, but it's a near lock for him to be the first guard off the board barring any kind of injury in 2012.
I like this class a lot, in the early goings.

draftgod
05-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Just throwing this out there guys...I can give you full assurance that DeCastro intends to graduate before the NFL. I don't think he's coming out..I believe him, I just consider him an "eligible prospect" for next year so I gave him some love. Stanford is a rare breed...don't be shocked when DeCastro is a hyped stud for the 2012 and goes back to Stanford.

draftgod
05-04-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm gonna throw the Syracuse DE's Chandler Jones and Mikhail Marinovich out there. Marinovich is versatile, great motor and has the tools to play DE or LB in any scheme, though I'm not sure how well he could drop and cover. Definently a tough lunch-pail type, not elite but he's gonna be a valuable rotation guy. The sky is the limit for Chandler Jones. Not explosive but tall, rangy and surprisingly tough and athletic. The brother of UFC Champion Jon "Bones" Jones. It runs in the family...he'll be a draft pick next year...though its to guage how high. They don't get enough recognition though. Their pressure up front is a big reason Syracuse isn't a joke anymore.

ElectricEye
05-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Just throwing this out there guys...I can give you full assurance that DeCastro intends to graduate before the NFL. I don't think he's coming out..I believe him, I just consider him an "eligible prospect" for next year so I gave him some love. Stanford is a rare breed...don't be shocked when DeCastro is a hyped stud for the 2012 and goes back to Stanford.

DeCastro is a RS Junior(like Andrew Luck) and is well on track towards graduating.

SickwithIt1010
05-05-2011, 12:20 AM
QB: Andrew Luck Stanford- Yes, I know Im a USC fan, but being a former QB myself and what not I am just amazed when I watch this guy.

RB: Trent Richardson Bama- Bama wont skip a beat, this guy has everything you look for in a RB.

WR: Alshonn Jeffery South Carolina- If Robert Woods was eligible he would be my pick no question but Jeffery is a freak. Broke my heart when he backed out of his USC (So Cal) commitment.

OL: Matt Kalil USC- Kid was so good that he kept Tyron Smith on the right side of the line.

DL: Nick Perry USC- Another USC guy, but I think he has what it takes to be a big time player in the NFL.

LB: Vontaze Burfict ASU- Another guy who broke my heart by backing out of a commitment from USC, but Im just amazed when I watch him play.

DB: Cliff Harris Oregon- Another player on a rival team, but this kid is special. Really explosive and just a playmaker.

shylo3716
05-05-2011, 12:43 AM
1.E.J. Manuel FSU-Will be the BEST QB in the NCAA this year. Nat'l Title for him with the supporting cast he has, especially on defense.
2.Terrelle Pryor Ohio State-Will be a 1st Rounder no matter what the critics say. No position change for him.
3.Lamar Miller Miami (FL)-Only a soph. & will be named in the long line of greats from DA U. Will be a 1st-2nd Round back
4.Andre Ellington Clemson-Showed spurts last year of the type of back he can become. Will have a Trent Richardson type of year.
5.Travis Benjamin Miami (FL)-Bulked up a little this year so I expect him to be able to take on contact. If he can limit his drops he will be decent. Will have the 2nd fastest if not fastest combine 40 behind Demps.
6.Denard Robinson Michigan-Explosive as they come, needs to play some WR to get a feel for his NFL position.
7.Russell Shepard LSU-Very agile player, more quick than fast. Will be very effective in LSU offense with reverses/trick plays.
8.Stephon Gilmore South Carolina-Physical CB who can help out in the return game.
9.Vaughn Telemaque Miami (FL)-The most underrated S in the NCAA IMO. Last year was just a taste test to show what he has to offer.
10.Janzen Jackson Tennessee-For sure playmaker

Scotty D
05-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Mike Martin, DT - Michigan - Had an injury plagued year but if he can stay healthy he's a guy to keep an eye on.

ElectricEye
05-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Mike Martin, DT - Michigan - Had an injury plagued year but if he can stay healthy he's a guy to keep an eye on.
He was the only player that really stood out on that Michigan defense last year that I saw. It will probably help him a little bit to switch out of that god awful 3-3-5 too.

WMD
05-05-2011, 01:03 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/JaredOngie/martinhulk.jpg

prock
05-05-2011, 02:00 AM
1. Vontaze Burfict - manimal
2. Andrew Luck - dude is perfect
3. Ashlon Jeffry - I have always had a thing for tall receivers. This dude rocks my world.

wicket
05-05-2011, 02:08 AM

one of mine as well

add:
Chris Owusu
Luke Kuechly

ellsy82
05-05-2011, 02:14 AM
Sammy Brown, OLB, Houston

Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa

Both of these guys will be picked in the first two rounds of the 2012 draft, barring injury. And rightfully so.

roscoesdad27
05-05-2011, 05:41 AM
Vontaze Burfict is like a deranged hybrid between Ray Lewis and Night Train Lane. Don't like his fit as a classic 4-3 mlb unless in a giants/saints scheme, could struggle as a 3-4 weak/feature backer BUT I'M GONNA GO HEAD AND DECLARE HIM THE BEST 3-4 thumper/silb/ted PROSPECT EVER. Won't put up big tackle #'s but will make an all pro out of his wilb partner, bring an intimdating presence and just has that invaluable Ray Lewis esq. contagious intensity.

JFLO
05-05-2011, 09:54 AM
quick list

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas
Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas
James Hanna, TE, Oklahoma
Matt Kalil, OT, Southern Cal
Kelechi Osemele, OT, Iowa State
Mike Brewster, OC, The Ohio State University
William Vlachos, OC, Alabama
Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall
Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington
Mike Daniels, DT, Iowa
Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
Emanuel Davis, CB, East Carolina
Sean Cattouse, SS, California

Babylon
05-05-2011, 11:26 AM

Wouldnt mind seeing Craig Roh take the next step this year.

JBCX
05-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Vontaze Burfict is like a deranged hybrid between Ray Lewis and Night Train Lane. Don't like his fit as a classic 4-3 mlb unless in a giants/saints scheme, could struggle as a 3-4 weak/feature backer BUT I'M GONNA GO HEAD AND DECLARE HIM THE BEST 3-4 thumper/silb/ted PROSPECT EVER. Won't put up big tackle #'s but will make an all pro out of his wilb partner, bring an intimdating presence and just has that invaluable Ray Lewis esq. contagious intensity.

Sounds like the Dez Bryant of MLBs. There's a difference between being an intense player and just being a stupid player (a stupid player will headbutt people for no reason, for example).

I'll take the Te'O kid from Notre Dame instead, thanks.

ElectricEye
05-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Craig Roh is a guy I'm slightly confused by as well. I see a lot of ability there, but nearly no production to match. Getting into the backfield on a consistent basis was a real problem for everyone on that Michigan defense last year..so I can sort of see that it might have been a bad fit for him and everyone around him really. Despite the low numbers, he was actually near the top of the team in TFL. We'll have to see if the switch to a 4-3 has any effect on him.

Grizzlegom
05-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Derek Moye is far and away my favorite at this point.

I also like Brandon Weeden, Dan Persa, Isaiah Peade, Jeff Fuller, Brian Linthicum, Tank Carder, Courtney Upshaw, Alonzo Dennard, and Joe Suhey.

K Train
05-05-2011, 12:59 PM
richardson is a man child...best RB since peterson

and love me some ray ray armstrong and kenny tate, im real interested in jayron hosely too

FTRWRTR
05-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Lamicheal James, he's quick, he's elusive. What's not to love about him? Richardson is the better college rb but I bet james will be the better pro rb. Besides who doesn't root for the little guy?

ElectricEye
05-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Lamicheal James, he's quick, he's elusive. What's not to love about him? Richardson is the better college rb but I bet james will be the better pro rb. Besides who doesn't root for the little guy?

I think you've got that completely reversed...James has been far more productive in college so far and it's unlikely Richardson will be able to even touch his body of work in one season.

etk
05-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Richardson, Te'o, Lamar Miller, Shayne Skov.

Also Kuechly needs to stay for his Senior and bulk up to draw Urlacher comparisons. Right now he's just not thick enough and lacks power.

dannyz
05-05-2011, 05:25 PM

DeCastro is a RS Junior(like Andrew Luck) and is well on track towards graduating.

Yeah Luck/Martin/DeCastro were all in the 2008 Recruiting Class and this will be their Fourth Year at Stanford. I hear Andrew Luck say the two Reasons he came back was to get his Degree and Graduate with his Teammates he started with in 2008, also play in another BCS Bowl Game. I think all Three and Shayne Skov will all come out in 2012.

SenorGato
05-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Current top 5 favorite players:

Vontaze Burfict - He'll be the one that lasts of the big 3 currently hyped ILB prospects.

Justin Blackmon - Reminds me of Hakeem Nicks. He'll be a first rounder next April unless he does something stupid off the field.

Brandon Jenkins - Every year FSU puts out a quality DE prospect, and he might be first first rounder of the group since Wimbley.

Jared Crick

Kenny Tate - As long as they don't pull the LB trick. That would suck.

Three of these guys are seniors, but really they're three of the best seniors in this draft. That 2012 sneak peek of the senior class Scott had to put up is a sign that this is a draft that will desperately need it's underclassmen.

dannyz
05-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Current top 5 favorite players:

Vontaze Burfict - He'll be the one that lasts of the big 3 currently hyped ILB prospects.

Justin Blackmon - Reminds me of Hakeem Nicks. He'll be a first rounder next April unless he does something stupid off the field.

Brandon Jenkins - Every year FSU puts out a quality DE prospect, and he might be first first rounder of the group since Wimbley.

Jared Crick

Kenny Tate - As long as they don't pull the LB trick. That would suck.

Three of these guys are seniors, but really they're three of the best seniors in this draft. That 2012 sneak peek of the senior class Scott had to put up is a sign that this is a draft that will desperately need it's underclassmen.

I think this Draft will get it's Underclassmen and break the Record of Underclassmen set by the 2011 Class.

49erNation85
05-05-2011, 11:33 PM
One HB I will be looking and following in Florida is Jeff Demps if he stays healthy and puts up some good numbers could be top 3 RB for next draft.Also some of the WR coming out of Florida too.It should be a gator draft next maybe if Brantley has a good season as well.

John Gaunt
05-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Another De Castro fan here. Perfect replacment for Chilo.

etk
05-07-2011, 01:06 PM
One HB I will be looking and following in Florida is Jeff Demps if he stays healthy and puts up some good numbers could be top 3 RB for next draft.Also some of the WR coming out of Florida too.It should be a gator draft next maybe if Brantley has a good season as well.

What WRs? You mean Stone Hands and Injuray Debose? I guess if Omarius Hines is eligible then he's worth a look.

TNPatsFan
05-07-2011, 01:42 PM
I have a lot of faves, but here's some of my fave SRs:

1. Andre Branch
2. Juron Criner
3. Don'ta Hightower
4. Quinton Coples
5. Ryan Broyles
6. Brandon Thompson
7. Greg Childs
8. Vince Browne
9. Malik Jackson
10. Emmanuel Acho

ElectricEye
05-07-2011, 03:12 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Luck-will-teach-Kaepernick-San-Francisco-8217-s?urn=nfl-wp1898

Ok, I like Luck even more now. That's really freaking cool.