PDA

View Full Version : Quarterbacks for 2013 & 2014 NFL Drafts

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-04-2011, 11:57 PM
I know, I know this is very early, but this is the down time now that the draft is past and the lockout is still in effect.

Lets take a look at some of the potential quarterbacks in the 2013, 2014 & 2015 NFL Draft Classes.

Class of 2013
Garrett Gilbert, Texas, 6'4/210
Tyler Wilson, Arkansas, 6'3/215
Kyle Padron, SMU, 6'4/233
EJ Manuel, Florida State, 6'4/223

Class of 2014
Casey Pachall, TCU, 6'4/208
Tyler Bray, Tennessee, 6'6/210
Jake Heaps, BYU, 6'1/194*
Case McCoy, Texas, 6'2/200
AJ McCarron, Alabama, 6'4/190

* - Heaps status unknown due to mormon mission

Class of 2015
Kiehl Frazier, Auburn, 6'3/210
Tyler Gabbert, Missouri, 6'0/190
Blake Bell, Oklahoma, 6'6/241
Jeff Driskell, Florida, 6'4/238
Braxton Miller, Ohio State, 6'2/185
Max Wittek, USC, 6'4/215

Let's have some fun with this and not **** on it because some people think it is too early. Lets hear some thoughts on these guys.

draftgod
05-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Christian LeMay is pretty good.

SickwithIt1010
05-05-2011, 12:12 AM
I know, I know this is very early, but this is the down time now that the draft is past and the lockout is still in effect.

Lets take a look at some of the potential quarterbacks in the 2013, 2014 & 2015 NFL Draft Classes.

Class of 2013

Class of 2014

Class of 2015
Max Wittek, USC, 6'4/215

Let's have some fun with this and not **** on it because some people think it is too early. Lets hear some thoughts on these guys.

This is waaaaaaaaaaay to early, but just to point out....Kessler has all the hype at USC, people are expecting him to be the guy over Wittek after Barkley leaves.

edgrenade
05-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Forgot Nick Montana

SchizophrenicBatman
05-05-2011, 01:03 AM
http://blogs.roanoke.com/aaronmcfarling/files/2011/04/mike-glennon.jpeg

+ Arm strength
+ Tall
+ More mobile than you'd think
+ Good enough to force Russell Wilson out of the program
+ Coached by Tom OBrien (Ryan, Hasselbecks, etc)
+ Ranked above Andrew Luck by Rivals in high school (for thenatural)

- Look test fail
- Brother was awful (don't doubt this. It was right about Clausen)
- Giraffe neck
- Injury prone
- Anorexic
- Was going to transfer to Wisconsin

descendency
05-05-2011, 01:10 AM

Russell Wilson doesn't want to be at NC State. It's really that simple. All he has to do is show up to summer camp and he'd be the starter.

shylo3716
05-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Tajh Boyd
Phillip Sims

shylo3716
05-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Russell Wilson doesn't want to be at NC State. It's really that simple. All he has to do is show up to summer camp and he'd be the starter.

On College Football Live NC State head coach said if he comes back he will not be the starter they have moved on with or without him, he will not hold them up.

SchizophrenicBatman
05-05-2011, 01:16 AM

No. OBrien made his choice in January. All the stuff coming out now is PR damage control. Wilson wanted to announce he was coming back a couple months ago. But if OBrien left the door open Glennon was going to transfer (he's only a few credits shy of graduating so he'd be able to play next year no matter what). The circumstances on Wilson's end haven't changed from last year. They have for Glennon, though. OBrien chose 2 years of the giraffe over 1 of Wilson. We'll see how it works out

FUNBUNCHER
05-05-2011, 01:22 AM
http://blogs.roanoke.com/aaronmcfarling/files/2011/04/mike-glennon.jpeg

+ Arm strength
+ Tall
+ More mobile than you'd think
+ Coached by Tom OBrien (Ryan, Hasselbecks, etc)
+ Threw more touchdowns to Julio Jones in an all star game than Greg McElroy did in his first 7 starts
+ Ranked above Andrew Luck by Rivals in high school (for thenatural)

- Look test fail
- Brother was awful (don't doubt this. It was right about Clausen)
- Giraffe neck
- Injury prone
- Anorexic
- Was going to transfer to Wisconsin

Mike Glennon will be the best QB in the ACC this fall, and will think hard about entering the 2012 draft. I think he's gonna blow UP!!!!!

BTW, he's way better than his brother, same way that Evan Royster was better than his, who played at Stanford.

If Mike Glennon stays at NCSTU for two years, he will be a top 5 pick.

SchizophrenicBatman
05-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Strike the McElroy fact. I just looked it up and it was false. All I remember about that game is that he only threw the ball to Jones but they didnt actually connect for any TDs

Duffman57
05-05-2011, 02:08 AM
Just throwin it out there "techincally" both Barkley and Luck are a part of the 2013 class But just throwin that out there.

stl9erfan
05-05-2011, 02:50 AM
Just throwin it out there "techincally" both Barkley and Luck are a part of the 2013 class But just throwin that out there.

I was about to bring this up myself... everyone's assuming those two go pro after this season, but football's a crazy game. Guys can get hurt and decide they need to return to show they've still got it, or have down seasons, etc. Luck already surprised us once, and while I don't think he'd do it again, you never know.

Duffman57
05-05-2011, 03:06 AM
I was about to bring this up myself... everyone's assuming those two go pro after this season, but football's a crazy game. Guys can get hurt and decide they need to return to show they've still got it, or have down seasons, etc. Luck already surprised us once, and while I don't think he'd do it again, you never know.

Landry Jones should also be included in that group.

BufFan71
05-05-2011, 10:37 AM

I played against this kid twice in HS.... we beat him both times, but hes gonna be a stud... ive never seen a HS QB with such ability to sit in the pocket and not get flustered

DcmRulz
05-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Aaron Murray anyone? Love Glennon and Richard Brehaut as well. And as a darkhorse, I like Mettenberger.

jrdrylie
05-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Aaron Murray anyone? Love Glennon and Richard Brehaut as well. And as a darkhorse, I like Mettenberger.

The love that Aaron Murray has received is getting ridiculous. He is small (6'1 215 but most believe that listing is very generous) and he has had one season of play. Yet people on here are calling him a top-10 pick already. Let's see how he does without AJ Green before we anoint him as the next Drew Brees. I am not looking forward to seeing all of Murray fan boys drool over him for the next two or three years.

thenewfeature06
05-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Bryn Renner

ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY

DiG
05-05-2011, 11:53 AM
2014 - The year of:
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/574095/4981198585_5b0130f7c6_b_d_large.jpg

Hands down the best freshman qb in ncaa last season.

Preston
05-05-2011, 03:47 PM
2014 - The year of:
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/574095/4981198585_5b0130f7c6_b_d_large.jpg

Hands down the best freshman qb in ncaa last season.

Came here to say this. O'Brien will be a top 10 pick in a year or two.

wicket
05-05-2011, 03:53 PM
The love that Aaron Murray has received is getting ridiculous. He is small (6'1 215 but most believe that listing is very generous) and he has had one season of play. Yet people on here are calling him a top-10 pick already. Let's see how he does without AJ Green before we anoint him as the next Drew Brees. I am not looking forward to seeing all of Murray fan boys drool over him for the next two or three years.

If he develops well I want my saints to take him after his sizerelated fall to the second round. After that Brees will learn him all the tricks to play with that size in about 3 years and then we'll have Brees 2.0

etk
05-05-2011, 04:13 PM
I actually like Murray a lot as an NFL prospect. He's short but it doesn't mean much because he stands tall in the pocket and throws a beautiful deep ball with ample arm strength. If he dedicates himself like Brees and continues to improve, that would be an accurate comparison. Murray is more athletic though.

Gilbert was a mess last year. He has more physical tools than the typical Texas spread QB but he needs to improve his accuracy, decision-making, pocket presence, etc.

Wilson looked good when given opportunities. With Petrino coaching I think he'll be a highly-rated prospect when he's eligible.

Manuel hasn't done much of anything yet and struggled in the spring game. He profiles as a mid-rounder barring a surprising 2 seasons.

Bray is skinny but he's poised and throws a nice ball. His production as a tFr on an inferior team was very impressive. I think he's a 4-year QB who ends up a top 10 pick, but you never know.

McCarron has impressed given the opportunity and I think he'll have a solid career, beating out Sims in the process. Alabama coaches and fans have been high on him all along, although last time I saw him was at the USAAA game where he sucked.

Frazier is my favorite incoming freshman but that AU spread isn't the best for QB development. Frazier can make all the throws, has ideal size and is very athletic - he played both ways in HS. His intangibles are great - he's a clutch leader.

Bell has more physical tools than past successful OU QBs so if he develops like the rest he'll have a chance to go #1 overall.

Driskel has intirguing physical ability. He can improvise and do freakish things at a position where few can give that impression. Problem is he's really raw and hasn't produced up to his ability on Fridays.

Tajh Boyd hasn't shown anything at CU. He struggled in the spring game and fans are nervous about him. He's short as well.

Nick Montana got beat out this spring so cross him off the list for now.

Surprised to see Dayne Crist left off the list but whatever. Logan Thomas (rSo) has drawn rave reviews from VT coaches and players and he's 6'6 245 so that's another guy to look out for.

holt_bruce81
05-05-2011, 07:04 PM
James Franklin will be the next Missouri Tiger Quarterback drafted.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/photo_images/2487074/58170_Missouri_Scrimmage_Football_large.jpg

shylo3716
05-05-2011, 08:47 PM
I actually like Murray a lot as an NFL prospect. He's short but it doesn't mean much because he stands tall in the pocket and throws a beautiful deep ball with ample arm strength. If he dedicates himself like Brees and continues to improve, that would be an accurate comparison. Murray is more athletic though.

Gilbert was a mess last year. He has more physical tools than the typical Texas spread QB but he needs to improve his accuracy, decision-making, pocket presence, etc.

Wilson looked good when given opportunities. With Petrino coaching I think he'll be a highly-rated prospect when he's eligible.

Manuel hasn't done much of anything yet and struggled in the spring game. He profiles as a mid-rounder barring a surprising 2 seasons.

Bray is skinny but he's poised and throws a nice ball. His production as a tFr on an inferior team was very impressive. I think he's a 4-year QB who ends up a top 10 pick, but you never know.

McCarron has impressed given the opportunity and I think he'll have a solid career, beating out Sims in the process. Alabama coaches and fans have been high on him all along, although last time I saw him was at the USAAA game where he sucked.

Frazier is my favorite incoming freshman but that AU spread isn't the best for QB development. Frazier can make all the throws, has ideal size and is very athletic - he played both ways in HS. His intangibles are great - he's a clutch leader.

Bell has more physical tools than past successful OU QBs so if he develops like the rest he'll have a chance to go #1 overall.

Driskel has intirguing physical ability. He can improvise and do freakish things at a position where few can give that impression. Problem is he's really raw and hasn't produced up to his ability on Fridays.

Tajh Boyd hasn't shown anything at CU. He struggled in the spring game and fans are nervous about him. He's short as well.

Nick Montana got beat out this spring so cross him off the list for now.

Surprised to see Dayne Crist left off the list but whatever. Logan Thomas (rSo) has drawn rave reviews from VT coaches and players and he's 6'6 245 so that's another guy to look out for.

Phillip Sims is not on your analysis for what reason?

703SKINS202
05-05-2011, 10:32 PM
http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/09/geno-smith-cfb-ap.jpg

49erNation85
05-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Really guys this is like way to early to be thinking about this.Will be fun to see Driskel rise in Florida though.Cause after our QB Brantley leaves we have no one really.He should also be primed and ready by his next season to the new offense.

dannyz
05-06-2011, 12:00 AM
What do you guys know about Blake Bell? I think Landry Jones Leaves after this Year which means Blake Bell should be the Starter in 2012.

shylo3716
05-06-2011, 12:12 AM
What do you guys know about Blake Bell? I think Landry Jones Leaves after this Year which means Blake Bell should be the Starter in 2012.

You don't think Kendal Thompson could win the job?

Ozzy
05-06-2011, 07:54 AM

Class of 2013

Class of 2014

Class of 2015
Max Wittek, USC, 6'4/215

Let's have some fun with this and not **** on it because some people think it is too early. Lets hear some thoughts on these guys.What kind of a list is this? Very odd I must say, kind of cool but hard to do it based on high school rankings, know what I am saying?

Here are a few that have not been talked about yet, Bolden has a ton of potential but who knows if he will see playing time he needs at Penn State with McGolin there. And hopefully Savage can turn himself around in Arizona, and Forcier should be great at Miami.

Tom Savage Arizona transfer
Tate Forcier Miami FL transfer
Matthew McGolin Penn State*
BJ Daniels South Florida
Jordan Wynn Utah
Austyn Carta-Samuels Wyoming
Jerome Tiller Iowa State

Robert Bolden Penn State
Nathan Scheelhaase Illinois
Devan Gardner Michigan
Jeffrey Godfrey Central Florida

After watching the NFL draft, it is sad how over analyzed quarterbacks are, and all other positions are almost obsolete. Would be wildly interesting to see talk that indepth about cornerbacks or tight ends. But sadly in the NFL today, it is all and only about the quarterback.

jrdrylie
05-06-2011, 08:22 AM
What kind of a list is this? Very odd I must say, kind of cool but hard to do it based on high school rankings, know what I am saying?

Here are a few that have not been talked about yet, Bolden has a ton of potential but who knows if he will see playing time he needs at Penn State with McGolin there. And hopefully Savage can turn himself around in Arizona, and Forcier should be great at Miami.

Tom Savage Arizona transfer
Tate Forcier Miami FL transfer
Matthew McGolin Penn State*
BJ Daniels South Florida
Jordan Wynn Utah
Austyn Carta-Samuels Wyoming
Jerome Tiller Iowa State

Robert Bolden Penn State
Nathan Scheelhaase Illinois
Devan Gardner Michigan
Jeffrey Godfrey Central Florida

After watching the NFL draft, it is sad how over analyzed quarterbacks are, and all other positions are almost obsolete. Would be wildly interesting to see talk that indepth about cornerbacks or tight ends. But sadly in the NFL today, it is all and only about the quarterback.

A lot of those guys don't have a shot at being high draft picks. Forcier and BJ Daniels especially. Both are good runners who are absolutely horrible passers. Daniels may not even be the starter for much longer.

And as a UCF fan, I really like Jeff Godfrey. He is going to do great things in Orlando. But after watching him in person a few times, I can tell you he is not an NFL QB.

SolidGold
05-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Tom Savage Arizona transfer - if he can get his act together he has potential.
Tate Forcier Miami FL transfer - Very good college QB, just don't think he has the size
Matthew McGolin Penn State* - Was a spark for PSU. Not sure he has the size, arm strength for the next level.
BJ Daniels South Florida - Inconsistent, raw, not as big as you would like a pro qb to be
Jordan Wynn Utah - good college QB, winner but has a more slender frame and also is short for the prototype QB
Austyn Carta-Samuels Wyoming - future up in air after leaving Wyoming
Jerome Tiller Iowa State - don't really know enough about him, but i know the ISU program has been terrible for the better part of the last decade.

Robert Bolden Penn State - Up and down first year as a starter. Competition with McGloin for the job, will he even stay at state college.
Nathan Scheelhaase Illinois - has potential, played well his first year. I just hope I don't hear comparisons to the much overrated Juice Williams, this kid deserves beter.
Devan Gardner Michigan - Recruited by RichRod, will Hoke recruit a pro style QB, how does he fit in to the program moving forward
Jeffrey Godfrey Central Florida - too small for the position in the pros

I think alot of the QBs you listed are very good college QBs Ozzy but besides Tom Savage and Nathan Scheelechase, I do not think any others will be legit pro QB prospects. Savage was a real disappointment last year, I don't know what happened to him. I think AZ is a good landing spot, hopefully after sitting this year out he will be able to replace Foles in 2012.

Ozzy
05-06-2011, 08:56 AM
SolidGold 2013
Tom Savage Arizona transfer - if he can get his act together he has potential.
Tate Forcier Miami FL transfer - Very good college QB, just don't think he has the size
Matthew McGolin Penn State* - Was a spark for PSU. Not sure he has the size, arm strength for the next level.
BJ Daniels South Florida - Inconsistent, raw, not as big as you would like a pro qb to be
Jordan Wynn Utah - good college QB, winner but has a more slender frame and also is short for the prototype QB
Austyn Carta-Samuels Wyoming - future up in air after leaving Wyoming
Jerome Tiller Iowa State - don't really know enough about him, but i know the ISU program has been terrible for the better part of the last decade.

Robert Bolden Penn State - Up and down first year as a starter. Competition with McGloin for the job, will he even stay at state college.
Nathan Scheelhaase Illinois - has potential, played well his first year. I just hope I don't hear comparisons to the much overrated Juice Williams, this kid deserves beter.
Devan Gardner Michigan - Recruited by RichRod, will Hoke recruit a pro style QB, how does he fit in to the program moving forward
Jeffrey Godfrey Central Florida - too small for the position in the pros

I think alot of the QBs you listed are very good college QBs Ozzy but besides Tom Savage and Nathan Scheelechase, I do not think any others will be legit pro QB prospects. Savage was a real disappointment last year, I don't know what happened to him. I think AZ is a good landing spot, hopefully after sitting this year out he will be able to replace Foles in 2012.I agree, and I love doing pre rankings of young players, but to rank prospects just out of high school that have never played is a little much. It is basically taking the prospects ranking as a high school player, and saying the top five will be potential NFL stars. At least the guys I listed have potential to grow and have played college football and proven something at that level. But of course they are the bottom of the barrel guys, but still they have potential. Godfrey of course he is suspect, but if Tyrod Taylor gets a chance, I think Godfrey might be farther along passing than Taylor was at the same age. Gardner is way to early to make a good or bad call on, in Spring ball last year and even in the season he looked good and is a legit passing quarterback, he is not a running quarterback everyone thinks he might be. And I agree with Daniels, he is a huge work in progress but he still has time to develop if he puts his mind to it. Same can be said for all of these guys.

But yeah if you are talking elite level talent in the currently sophomore class Bray and Murray are those guys clearly. Junior guys are just flat out obvious. Not a great deal of depth but will see what happens this year.

I might have to start the discussion about other positions, that might be interesting ;o)

SolidGold
05-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Lol...im game, not to say i am as knowledgeable about the other positions, but it gives me names of players I can keep an eye out for.

What do you think of Tom Savage? Do you know why he fell so far at rutgers? Was it just injury?

Ozzy
05-06-2011, 10:01 AM
What do you think of Tom Savage? Do you know why he fell so far at rutgers? Was it just injury?I do not know, I just know he did not play last year and have the real breakout year that I thought he would have. I was very impressed with him as a freshman in that bowl game. Thought he had a good arm and got the most out of those solid receivers. Not sure what happened with him, guess the injury had to have something to do with it, who knows.

As for Forcier, that kid is a baller, straight up gamer when he gets his chance. He could be a decent backup in the NFL potentially and should be a flat out star on Miami. Maybe they can actually have a quarterback for once. Jacory Harris was a joke last season after playing so well the season previous.

ElectricEye
05-06-2011, 10:34 AM
I really don't want to get into this because it's an absolute CRAP shoot at this point for most of these guys, but the guy I like the most far and away hasn't even been mentioned yet. Given how most of you like to be so far out in front of things like this, I'm sort of surprised haha.

Pete Thomas out of Colorado State looks to be the real deal. Strong arm, completed 64% of his passes last year in a Pro Style offense, ideal size at 6'5 220. The kicker is the kid is really, really smart too. He had offers from Ivy League schools(Harvard, to name one, as well as other big football programs like Boston College, Northwestern, and Arizona State) and chose Colorado State for comfortability with the coaching there. The supporting cast he has right now at CSU is TERRIBLE, but as they continue to improve and bring people around him who can play, we might be looking at quite the prospect in a few years.

703SKINS202
05-06-2011, 03:10 PM
What are your guys thoughts on Geno Smith? True sophomore last year and had a phenomenal year. Pocket passer with a strong arm, accurate, prootypical size. He is a leader and takes control of the huddle, has shown he can make the comeback (Marhsall). He is the best pure passer WVU has had in a while and although his stats will probably be inflated this year in the spread I think he is a legit 2nd round prospect.

BuddyCHRIST
05-06-2011, 03:19 PM
I think EJ Manuel will eventually be a 1st round prospect, Jimbo Fisher has shown that QBs are his specialty and this kid has all the physical ability with a great head on his shoulders. I dunno if he'll ever put up old time FSU big passing numbers due to the offense FSU runs, but he'll be a big time player.

He hasn't put up big numbers yet but he's shown big time ability especially in tight moments, he's won 2 bowl games and lead game winning drives all in limited action.

Someone said he struggled in the spring game and he did to an extent, but FSU had 3 starting O-Lineman out and he had guys who should still be in HS (Early Enrolees) blocking for him sometimes. Hopefully FSU's WR's step up because thats all that could hold him back.

dannyz
05-06-2011, 03:41 PM
What about the Guy from Arizona State? He is like 6-8 but I don't know what Class he will be in whether it's 2012/2013/2014.

FUNBUNCHER
05-06-2011, 05:07 PM
There's a kid at Va Tech they're comparing to VY/Cam Newton.

Logan Thomas, 6'6, 245#. Tearing up spring ball, Beamer thinks he's capable of winning the ACC for the Hokies.

Ozzy
05-06-2011, 05:19 PM
There's a kid at Va Tech they're comparing to VY/Cam Newton.

Logan Thomas, 6'6, 245#. Tearing up spring ball, Beamer thinks he's capable of winning the ACC for the Hokies.We will see what happens, last year I think they overachieved big time, it was not all that talented of a football team. And this year could be even less talented than last years. Not sure I can put my figure on it, they just seem less elite than they once were on defense. Will see, but comparing him to a Heisman trophy winner is a bit much at this point, basically any athletic black quarterback that is around 6-6 250 will be compared to Vince Young or Cam Newton from here on out.

RealityCheck
05-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Bryn Renner

ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_fkGGg4KhKOc/S8JbD76DcMI/AAAAAAAAA0o/IlGbRxU17Fw/keithcoward.com-8453.jpg

Sex.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-07-2011, 11:31 AM
What about the Guy from Arizona State? He is like 6-8 but I don't know what Class he will be in whether it's 2012/2013/2014.

Brock Osweiler.

He will be a junior this season. He could come out early for the 2012 NFL Draft, but 2013 seems more likely.

etk
05-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Phillip Sims is not on your analysis for what reason?

Because I'm confident that McCarron will beat him out and that puts his NFL draft prospects on hold.

What are your guys thoughts on Geno Smith? True sophomore last year and had a phenomenal year. Pocket passer with a strong arm, accurate, prootypical size. He is a leader and takes control of the huddle, has shown he can make the comeback (Marhsall). He is the best pure passer WVU has had in a while and although his stats will probably be inflated this year in the spread I think he is a legit 2nd round prospect.

I like Smith a lot. The ability is there but I'd like to see him take more command of the offense and turn into a winner and leader. Maybe if McCartney steps up this year he'll have a productive target for 2 years, and Holgorsen will help of course.

I remember seeing Jarrett Brown come off the bench for White and thinking he would be what Smith is now.

Clarkw267
05-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Was there really a Tate Forcier mention in this thread?? Really??

He's the absolute opposite of an NFL prospect. He's a decent scrambler with a weak arm and poor decision making skills.

OSUGiants17
05-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Who wants to discuss the Long Snapping class of 2034?

Preston
05-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Chase Rettig - Boston College
Danny O'Brien - Maryland
Chas Dodd - Rutgers
Nathan Scheelhaase - Illinois
Ryan Williams - Memphis
Jake Heaps - BYU
Pete Thomas - Colorado State
Aaron Murray - Georgia
Tyler Bray - Tennessee
Kolton Browning - Louisiana-Monroe

All were freshman this year, so they're class of 2014 I believe.

MassNole
05-10-2011, 08:19 PM
I think EJ Manuel will eventually be a 1st round prospect, Jimbo Fisher has shown that QBs are his specialty and this kid has all the physical ability with a great head on his shoulders. I dunno if he'll ever put up old time FSU big passing numbers due to the offense FSU runs, but he'll be a big time player.

He hasn't put up big numbers yet but he's shown big time ability especially in tight moments, he's won 2 bowl games and lead game winning drives all in limited action.

Someone said he struggled in the spring game and he did to an extent, but FSU had 3 starting O-Lineman out and he had guys who should still be in HS (Early Enrolees) blocking for him sometimes. Hopefully FSU's WR's step up because thats all that could hold him back.

Exactly we had walkons and EE's going against one of deepest DL's in the country. Yet Manuel lead his team down the field for what would have been a GW FG had they opted for it. Not to mention the plays where he was tagged and "sacked" would likely have been big runs in a game situation. Come the 2014 Draft, teams will be salivating over a 6'4/230 kid who runs in the 4.5's and played under center his entire career.

shylo3716
05-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Because I'm confident that McCarron will beat him out and that puts his NFL draft prospects on hold.

Sims is too good to sit. If he does not have the starting job which I doubt McCarron will get over him, they will split the snaps mark my word.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/sandmountainreporter.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/f/aa/863/faa863c8-5ef9-11e0-b731-001cc4c03286-revisions/4d9a29b90e196.preview-300.jpg

gpngc
05-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Yes it is early, thus why this is an idiotic post.

Deep throw it!

Who wants to discuss the Long Snapping class of 2034?

No one.

But a bunch of people want to discuss young college QBs on a website dedicated to the NFL draft. How ridiculous.

OSUGiants17
05-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Deep throw it!

No one.

But a bunch of people want to discuss young college QBs on a website dedicated to the NFL draft. How ridiculous.

This shouldn't be in the NFL draft thread then if you want to discuss young COLLEGE QBs, post in the COLLEGE Football forum.

Hurricanes25
05-12-2011, 07:32 PM
This shouldn't be in the NFL draft thread then if you want to discuss young COLLEGE QBs, post in the COLLEGE Football forum.

The thread title specifically says, "Quarterbacks for 2013 & 2014 NFL Drafts".

OSUGiants17
05-12-2011, 07:38 PM
The thread title specifically says, "Quarterbacks for 2013 & 2014 NFL Drafts".

But you don't even know if there will be a draft then or if these guys will be alive, playing or declaring. This thread shouldn't be about their draft potential since it's too far away. It should just be discussing the top Non-Senior QBs in College in the College football thread.

CashmoneyDrew
05-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Dude, if you don't like the premise of the thread just don't open it.

BufFan71
05-13-2011, 11:15 AM

idk if u know this... but when Driskel was a freshmen, his school Hagerty, was starting its first season as a varsity football team

etk
05-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Sims is too good to sit. If he does not have the starting job which I doubt McCarron will get over him, they will split the snaps mark my word.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/sandmountainreporter.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/f/aa/863/faa863c8-5ef9-11e0-b731-001cc4c03286-revisions/4d9a29b90e196.preview-300.jpg

OK...your guarantee is nice but every Bama fan has been saying for 2 years that McCarron will be the starter and he's done nothing to indicate otherwise.

But you don't even know if there will be a draft then or if these guys will be alive, playing or declaring. This thread shouldn't be about their draft potential since it's too far away. It should just be discussing the top Non-Senior QBs in College in the College football thread.

We don't know if these guys will be alive the day before the draft either. Who knows...maybe they'll all drop dead at the podium. Brilliant logic.
idk if u know this... but when Driskel was a freshmen, his school Hagerty, was starting its first season as a varsity football team

Yes I've heard this excuse 100000 times from Gator fans talking about how bad his supporting cast was. I don't really care. Special players that have the intangibles find a way. See: Tebow, Tim.

Driskel was Locker-like at the HS level. I'll wait til he's a starter to start thinking about the NFL with him.