PDA

View Full Version : Which QB's

bigbuc
05-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know out of all the QB's picked this year, which ones will be tossed aside next year when Luck and Barkley come out.

I'll say Ponder, Minny could lose Rice and Edwards to FA and Williams Wall for four games. Plus rookie QB... no mas.

Second Dolton, Cinny has too young of skill players, why the D might be top ten. They won't be able to win very many games for there young O.

draftgod
05-05-2011, 01:18 AM
Tossed aside? It isn't gonna be any of the teams that picked a QB in the top 12 picks...it makes 0 financial sense. I don't even think Cincinnati or San Francisco will replace Dalton or Kaepernick that quick..I think they genuinely view them as their long-term starters. See what Carolina did..give up on a guy after 1 year, is unusual. Doesn't happen every year. And wouldn't have happened if there were more of a financial commitment made.

bigbuc
05-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Tossed aside? It isn't gonna be any of the teams that picked a QB in the top 12 picks...it makes 0 financial sense. I don't even think Cincinnati or San Francisco will replace Dalton or Kaepernick that quick..I think they genuinely view them as their long-term starters. See what Carolina did..give up on a guy after 1 year, is unusual. Doesn't happen every year. And wouldn't have happened if there were more of a financial commitment made.

I think your so wrong dude, I think that if the Panthers get the 1st pick again they take Luck and trade Newton. Thats how good of a QB Luck is.

Shane P. Hallam
05-05-2011, 01:51 PM
I think your so wrong dude, I think that if the Panthers get the 1st pick again they take Luck and trade Newton. Thats how good of a QB Luck is.

Nah, they'd trade out of #1 overall. I imagine a few teams would gladly pay the price...

AntoinCD
05-05-2011, 01:58 PM

No chance IMO. If Newton shows enough next year that would entice a trade with enough compensation to take the sting out of losing a former #1 overall pick then he will do enough to convince the Panthers to not take Luck. It will always probably be enough to take them out of the running for Luck but that's besides the point. Some teams QB will retire, get hurt, flat out bust or head coahces and GMs will get itchy on the hot seat and give up a lot for Luck assuming he doesn't have a Jake Locker like fall

bigbuc
05-05-2011, 02:30 PM
The owner came out before the draft and said if Luck comes out he's our pick. I'm not saying the Panthers will be picking 1st again, but if they were it would be talked about in there War Room. I think it would be as much as a 50/50 split as to them taking back to back QB's 1st overall.

Put it like this, If it was me and Newton gave me a split second of second guessing myself for drafting him and I was drafting 1st again. I would take Luck, trade Newton... and watch me team have a Rams like turn around in the first year.

jth1331
05-05-2011, 03:02 PM
No the Panthers will not take Luck next year if they pick first.
They would trade out, probably get what the Chargers got for trading down with the Giants with Eli Manning.

stephenson86
05-05-2011, 03:32 PM
The biggest problem you have is that you can't predict NFL success, if you take YOUR guy this year, you stick with them through thick and thin because if you toss them aside and they flourish and then Luck never quite gets there you will look like a dick.

whatadai
05-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know out of all the QB's picked this year, which ones will be tossed aside next year when Luck and Barkley come out.

I'll say Ponder, Minny could lose Rice and Edwards to FA and Williams Wall for four games. Plus rookie QB... no mas.

Second Dolton, Cinny has too young of skill players, why the D might be top ten. They won't be able to win very many games for there young O.

Your thread makes no sense. Ponder was taken with the 12th overall pick, which is ridiculously high and a waste of a pick if they intend on trading him away immediately. There will probably be no rookie salary cap this year so Ponder will get a large salary...no GM would tarnish their name by picking a quarterback with the 12th overall pick, paying them a hefty salary, and quitting on him before the second year even starts.

Ponder is the most pro-ready quarterback in this draft class...therefore making him the most likely to have the most success out of this class in their rookie year. I'm not saying it will be an amazing year...just that he'll probably have the best rookie year compared to other 2011 rookie quarterbacks.

I don't know why the loss of Edwards or the Williamses could hurt Ponder since they're not even on the field at the same time.

He also has an underrated offensive line which will protect him well, even though they're aging and Minnesota needs to find successors for them in the next draft.

He has a top three running back in Peterson which will take attention away from him, and Peterson is improving on his pass blocking. Not only that, I believe the contract year for him will make him have one of his best years.

They took Rudolph who would make a great pair for 2 tight end sets with Shiancoe, who are both very able in pass catching to allow Ponder to check down when needed. Rudolph can also pass block well. He also has a great offensive weapon with Harvin and I wouldn't be surprised if Rice is re-signed.

A good number of teams wanted Ponder around the pick he was taken so giving him starting experience for one year and trading him away is ridiculous.

This is also considering that the Vikings will have to be the worse team in the NFL and be last in their division to have the first pick in the draft, which is where Luck will probably go. However, we all know that it is impossible for the Vikings to be last in the league because the Bears are in their division and they're just horrible.

CashmoneyDrew
05-06-2011, 04:37 PM
I actually wouldn't be surprised to see a a team give up on a 1st round QB after one year if they signed that rookie with a wage scale (which is looking likely for this class I'd say).

Teams like the Bengals and 49ers who took QBs in the 2nd wouldn't hesitate to take Luck next year for sure.