PDA

View Full Version : Which 2012 Underclassmen Will Declare?

Matthew Jones
05-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Which draft-eligible 2012 underclassmen do you see declaring after the year ends? I know we're all speculating on the potentially amazing 2012 draft class, but we have to keep in mind that many of these guys may opt to stay in school for another year. Personally, I think Matt Barkley and Matt Kalil could be prime candidates to stay in school. They didn't transfer when USC's two-year bowl ban was laid down, so they might both stick around for their senior years in order to try and win a bowl game. Tyron Smith, on the other hand, had no reason to stay this year, as the OT class was weak this year, he would have been a senior with no chance at a bowl game, and Kalil was already locked in at LT. Justin Blackmon strikes me as someone who's likely to declare early, although that's just speculation based his considering the draft this year.

CashmoneyDrew
05-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Janzen Jackson is a lock to leave. Also, I think unless Matt Barkley crumbles this season, he is gonna go early. It really seemed like that's the direction he's planning on when Dan Patrick asked him about it.

OSUGiants17
05-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Luck, Barkley, Landry Jones, Jeffery, Blackmon, Richardson, Martin, Kalil, Burfict, Kuelchy, Gilmore, Jackson, and a whole lot more

shylo3716
05-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Vaughn Telemaque
Ray Ray Armstrong
Lamar Miller
E.J. Manuel
Dre Kirkpatrick
Denard Robinson
Cliff Harris
Jayron Hosley

SickwithIt1010
05-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Denard Robinson

Why would Denard leave after his junior year to go to the NFL and play a position he didnt play in college?

shylo3716
05-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Why would Denard leave after his junior year to go to the NFL and play a position he didnt play in college?

Why would he stay not to?

dannyz
05-05-2011, 11:15 PM
I think all big name Stanford players will Declare. I was reading an Article and Lane Kiffin believes Barkley will be gone after this Year, I also think Kiffin will tell him to leave and get to the NFL as fast as he can. Pretty Much all mentioned players and a few more will leave Early. 2011 was a Record for Underclassmen but I think 2012 will beat it.

Iamcanadian
05-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Not so sure, there will be a huge # declaring. There will be a rookie salary cap in place and depending on the $$$, prospects may not rush to declare if the dollars aren't all that great.
You can forget any 2 sport athletes, they will likely look to their other sport where the money will be considerable better.

DBNYDP
05-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Lets be honest. If Denard stayed for his senior season do you really think the coaches would move him to WR or w/e after the success he has at QB? And from what I know about Denard he doesn't seem like the type to demand a position change in college, so I don't see what he has to gain by really staying. Didn't he get injured this year? If that is the case I'd think he'd be happy if he got through this season healthy and not risk an injury with another year to go. He runs a lot with a small frame so he's definitely putting himself out there.

So really I think all said and done he leaves.

etk
05-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Hard to tell with Miami's players. Usually everyone who has a decent grade leaves but that changed last year with Bailey, Hankerson, etc. returning. I guess a lot depends on the vibes from the new coaching staff and how the season goes.

Assuming he gets enough carries, I think Lamar Miller (rSo) will declare. He's not an academic guy and is physically ready for the NFL. He'll tear up the combine and once teams study the tape instead of comparing production they'll see that he's the real deal. 1st round talent, but maybe a 1-2 rounder because RBs are undervalued.

Next most likely to declare is probably Marcus Forston. I think he's a rJr now but he's poised for a huge year. He lost a lot of weight and dedicated himself this year to become a leader. 1st rounder.

Olivier Vernon is next. He'll have to have a breakout year like Forston, but it's less likely for Vernon since we're loaded at DE. He's a solid 4-3 RDE or 3-4 OLB prospect who has burst and functional strength. He needs to play more consistent. 2nd rounder for now.

Adewale Ojomo is a Senior who can take a 6th year but I doubt he will. He's big and strong with enough quickness to draw interest. I'll say Round 3 for now but he can go lower or higher (more talented than Sheard).

Brandon Washington, Vaughn Telemaque and Ray Ray Armstrong are also potential early entry candidates. Washington is huge and the most proven of the bunch but he's had weight issues and interior OL usually exhaust all their eligibility. Telemaque is a leader and a solid player but he hasn't been the playmaker everyone expected and doesn't excel in any one area. Armstrong looks freakish but he runs a slow 40 and his playing speed isn't much faster. He's as tweener as it gets but he's getting early draft attention like other oversized safeties that came before him.

M.O.T.H.
05-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Well from SCAR...we're def. losing Alshon Jeffery and Stephon Gilmore.

I'm not sold that Devin Taylor leaves. With a good year, or a firm enough 1st round grade, he could certainly jump, however.

JFLO
05-08-2011, 09:27 AM
From Ohio State, the only real underclassman I could see declaring is Travis Howard and that's if he has a monster season. I don't see guys like Simon or Sabino leaving after this season but I guess the same goes for them as Howard, big junior season=big pay check

underscore
05-08-2011, 11:12 AM
I can't see Denard Robinson going pro unless he figured his draft stock is already at its ceiling.

He's a great athlete, but at this point, is an injury prone, spread offense version of Seneca Wallace.

shylo3716
05-08-2011, 11:47 AM
I can't see Denard Robinson going pro unless he figured his draft stock is already at its ceiling.

He's a great athlete, but at this point, is an injury prone, spread offense version of Seneca Wallace.

He has nothing to prove on the collegiate level. It is already said he will make a position change to WR. He will still play QB in Michigan's system, so for that matter he has nothing to gain or lose when it comes to his draft stock. He will be a 2nd Round pick, but I can actually see him sliding in the 1st Round with a blazing 40 time since he is on the radar HEAVY.