PDA

View Full Version : Schefter on Nnamdi: 4 teams are primary suitors

D-Unit
05-05-2011, 09:04 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=779&line=204177&spln=1

ESPN's Adam Schefter lists the Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins, and Ravens as the primary suitors for Nnamdi Asomugha.

SickwithIt1010
05-05-2011, 09:04 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=779&line=204177&spln=1

ESPN's Adam Schefter lists the Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins, and Ravens as the primary suitors for Nnamdi Asomugha.

Eagles! Eagles! Eagles!

Shane P. Hallam
05-05-2011, 09:10 PM
I think the Eagles draft shows they are betting on it, perhaps the Cowboys too. Ravens and Skins will likely fade out pretty quickly.

D-Unit
05-05-2011, 09:12 PM
I just noticed that 3 of them are NFC East teams. Ugh... If not Dallas, it better be the Ravens.

bullg8rdaddy
05-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Tampa not mentioned?

I am Disappoint.

WMD
05-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Come to the Lions you fruitcake assmunch.

Matthew Jones
05-05-2011, 09:20 PM
If Asomugha signs with the Eagles, that'd be incredibly scary for the rest of the NFL.

JustDezIT
05-05-2011, 09:22 PM

He said he wanted to go to a contender.

So, LMFAOLOLHAHAHLOLLMFAO at Washington being named. To an extent, same with the Eagles.

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-05-2011, 09:22 PM
yeah, don't expect the Ravens to push hard for Nnamdi. They just added Jimmy Smith and re-signing Ngata is much more of a priority than Nnamdi.

JustDezIT
05-05-2011, 09:23 PM
If Asomugha signs with the Eagles, that'd be incredibly scary for the rest of the NFL.

Lol, huh?....

scottyboy
05-05-2011, 09:23 PM
dear sweet jeebus I hope he goes to none of those teams.
GO LIONS...wait, that'd be scary too.
GO TO...the...BROWNS!

thenewfeature06
05-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Lol, huh?....

I mean they would be worlds better with him...

He is that good. Asante as your 2 is money.

CashmoneyDrew
05-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Jerruh will make him an offer he can't refuse.

bucfan12
05-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Not surprised the Cowboys and Redskins are mentioned.

Have the Redskins still not learned their lesson? I mean, Nhamdi is a heck of a player, but they never workout well in Washington.

bam bam
05-05-2011, 09:39 PM
If he joins the Ravens I would have an erection that would not subside for years

Hed probably have to sacrifice a bit of money to do so, however. Ngata and Yanda are priorities.

bam bam
05-05-2011, 09:41 PM
yeah, don't expect the Ravens to push hard for Nnamdi. They just added Jimmy Smith and re-signing Ngata is much more of a priority than Nnamdi.

Perhaps after a few more elite years at corner he would be a replacement for Ed Reed. Kind of like what Rod Woodson did.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I'd love Nnamdi, I'd gladly pay him 10 mil a year if the alternate option is paying Carlos Rogers a big sum. With that said no chance Nnamdi will sign with the Skins, why would he want to play with Deangelo Hall again. Deangelo was great last year but if he plays with Nnamdi again it means being targeted every play and biting on every play. That would be a nasty secondary though with Landry and Atogwe and safety.

SickwithIt1010
05-05-2011, 09:51 PM

So, LMFAOLOLHAHAHLOLLMFAO at Washington being named. To an extent, same with the Eagles.

Lol, huh?....

How are the eagles not a contender? They made the playoffs and were one of the most explosive teams in the league. They lost there best safety which killed there secondary, and they need another corner and they are a scary team....

....With the way youre talking why in the **** would he go to the cowboys? they didnt make the playoffs, how are they a contender? Cmon.

FUNBUNCHER
05-05-2011, 09:53 PM
If you wanna be the highest paid player in the NFL, come to Washington, scrabble, where the owner wipes his ass with one-hundred dollar bills!!

Bills2083
05-05-2011, 09:55 PM
It should be interesting to see the bidding war that will most likely ensue in the NFC East

scottyboy
05-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Lol, huh?....

oh man, don't you just love troll season?

Splat
05-05-2011, 10:47 PM
If you wanna be the highest paid player in the NFL, come to Washington.

And if you want to win go some where else.

niel89
05-05-2011, 10:49 PM
I wish in my heart that the Ravens could get him, but I dont think its gonna happen. We have some other guys to resign and we just got Smith at CB. Ravens won't be even close to the others in terms of cash.

PACKmanN
05-05-2011, 11:04 PM
the only reason WAS is there is to drive up the $$$. Everyone knows Snyder will pay whatever it takes and Aso is using that fact to get the type of contract he would like while still playing for a team of his choice

FUNBUNCHER
05-05-2011, 11:40 PM
the only reason WAS is there is to drive up the $$$. Everyone knows Snyder will pay whatever it takes and Aso is using that fact to get the type of contract he would like while still playing for a team of his choice

.......TRUTH. Unfortunately.

Unless the Dan starts throwing gold ingot bars at Aso!!Lol.

Raiderz4Life
05-06-2011, 12:15 AM
='''''( Nooooo!!!

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
05-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Come to Indianapolis it is just like SoCal except instead of the cryptkeeper we have a ginger with no soul and win games.

Giantsfan1080
05-06-2011, 12:35 PM
This is terrible news even though I've already prepared myself that he's definitely going to the Eagles or Cowboys.

fear the elf
05-06-2011, 01:10 PM
dear sweet jeebus I hope he goes to none of those teams.
GO LIONS...wait, that'd be scary too.
GO TO...the...BROWNS!

haha... ohhh... you made me sad scotty...

GoRavens
05-06-2011, 01:17 PM
So he's made it clear he wants to get paid handsomely AND go to a super bowl caliber team. I doubt the Ravens even pursue him simply because he's too expensive. He would be amazing paired up with Jimmy Smith and (like someone said earlier) take over FS once Reed retires. I say;
5) Broncos
4) Jets
3) Eagles
2) Texans
1) Cowboys
- If any billionare owner can land a guy like Nnamdi, goddamit its Jerry Jones. This move would be epic

Splat
05-06-2011, 01:30 PM
I thinking it's going to be the Eagles. They are ready to win now and are willing to pay if they want a player bad enough.

D-Unit
05-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I can't help but think Jerry will try to catapult the Cowboys to another SB by repeating history...

http://www.knowyourdallascowboys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/1009_large.jpg

I also think having the DC (Rob Ryan) that helped make Aso into the player he is, gives the Cowboys a leg up.

All speculation though. I like the way it tickles me. :D

zachsaints52
05-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Nnamdi in Baltimore would be scary.

Jimmy
05-06-2011, 03:12 PM
The irony is he "wants to be on a contender" and listed the skins.

Whats funnier is Nnamdi alone would pretty much make any defense playoff caliber.

bearsfan_51
05-06-2011, 03:23 PM

That's cute, you think the Cowboys are good.

wicket
05-06-2011, 03:28 PM

exactly my thought

SeanTaylorRIP
05-06-2011, 03:35 PM

In all honesty if the Skins still ran a 4-3 Nmandi would make our defense formidable, him, Landry, Otogwe, Deangelo Hall in the secondary, Kerrigan, Orakpo, Andre Carter, Haynesworth, Jarmon, Jarvis Jenkins rushing the passer, Fletcher and McIntosh in their natural fits. But no because of Jim flippin Haslett Haynesworth, Andre Carter, and Rocky McIntosh won't be back, and London Fletcher has to take on extra blockers because we don't have a nose tackle.

bearsfan_51
05-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Also, Rex Grossman is your quarterback.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-06-2011, 03:37 PM

Wrong

http://phinphanatic.com/files/2009/04/john-beck-a-dolphin.jpg

bearsfan_51
05-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Also, some guy worse than Rex Grossman is your quarterback.

JBCX
05-06-2011, 05:56 PM
I see the Bears as a possible sleeper destination for Nnamdi. They need a some better cornerbacks, and Virginia McCasky might just open up her pocketbook for a second year in a row. I know the mantra of the Cover-2 guru Lovie Smith is "elite pass rush" and "solid but unspectacular tackling corners", but you can't argue that Nnamdi would vastly improve the passing defense of pretty much any team. Nnamdi and Peppers together might push the Bears defense over the top.

bearsfan_51
05-06-2011, 05:57 PM
No chance in hell.

JBCX
05-06-2011, 06:00 PM
No chance in hell.

Why not, if I may ask?

D-Unit
05-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Does that make me handsome if I think the Cowboys are GREEEEAT????

hahahahaha. Cowboys are gonna turn the corner, I say!

In the words of the late great Creekeagles's sig... "THIS IS OUR YEAR". :D

bearsfan_51
05-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Why not, if I may ask?
Actually, I think you hit on most of the main reasons. The two biggest being that we don't put a premium on corners (if we did, we'd at least spend a 1st round pick on one, which Angelo hasn't done in 10 drafts). The second being that we just spent a ton of money on Peppers, not to mention Cutler. The Bears aren't as cheap as some people like to think, but they aren't the Redskins or the Cowboys either. It just doesn't make sense.

PACKmanN
05-06-2011, 07:12 PM
for all we know, he`s just using all these teams to his advantage. Each team listed was obvious place for him to land and are in need of a CB. The actually team may not be listed here

I could throw the fact that Woodson is very good friends with him and was a teammate of his(maybe teaching him during his stay) in Oakland

armageddon
05-06-2011, 08:08 PM
The Rams have the wealthiest owner in football and will be a contender in another year or two. I hope they would atleast make an offer.

toddmlazarchick
05-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Not sure how I would feel about this. If it meant signing him kept him from Dallas and Philly then you do it but on the other hand, him and D-Hall didn't work well the first time around. Hall would be getting picked on every play. On the other hand Landry and OJ are light years better then any FS/SS duo they ever had in Oakland.

I just cant see Shanahan wanting to drop a boat load on a CB like that. If it was Vinny still calling the shots then it would be a given he would be here.

NIN1984
05-06-2011, 11:56 PM
I'll miss him but Baltimore would be a great spot for him.

Abaddon
05-07-2011, 02:06 AM

Mike Shannahan being the HC certainly doesn't help much either.

whatadai
05-07-2011, 03:51 AM
Am I the only one that's learned to not trust any ESPN football analysts?

Asomugha will be re-signing with the Raiders. People should just stop speculating...it's getting ridiculous. The city, the fans, the team, and Al Davis loves him and he loves them back. It's not about the money or the rings for him.

Splat
05-07-2011, 08:56 AM
He is as good as gone.

Iamcanadian
05-07-2011, 08:58 AM
I'd love Nnamdi, I'd gladly pay him 10 mil a year if the alternate option is paying Carlos Rogers a big sum. With that said no chance Nnamdi will sign with the Skins, why would he want to play with Deangelo Hall again. Deangelo was great last year but if he plays with Nnamdi again it means being targeted every play and biting on every play. That would be a nasty secondary though with Landry and Atogwe and safety.

You won't get him for 10 million, CB is one of the highest paid positions in the NFL at around 14 million for the top guys. Nnamdi might make as much as 20 million.

T-RICH49
05-07-2011, 09:37 AM

Asomugha will be re-signing with the Raiders. People should just stop speculating...it's getting ridiculous. The city, the fans, the team, and Al Davis loves him and he loves them back. It's not about the money or the rings for him.

anytime a player says it's not about money...it's about money.money+chance at ring means he gone

LonghornsLegend
05-07-2011, 05:54 PM
I think it's gonna come down to the Eagles or Cowboys. I know Synder is gonna throw him an outrageous contract but I don't think Dallas or Philly would be far off. I don't like the CB situations of either team and like JBond said probably both may be banking on him now that they didn't address it early in the draft.

Baltimore is a great spot but they have too many great players in house who need to be brought back. I don't know the cap situation of Philly either, but if this 2011 season is played without a cap I think Dallas ends up landing him then proceeding to cut Barber, Newman, Leonard Davis, and Marc Columbo.

SickwithIt1010
05-07-2011, 06:04 PM

He wants to win, and the Raiders arent in the same situation teams like Philly and Dallas are.

LonghornsLegend
05-07-2011, 06:19 PM
I just found this news update:

The Dallas Morning News' Rainer Sabin speculates the Cowboys may make a big push for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha simply to keep him away from the Eagles.
Both clubs need to upgrade their secondaries, and figure to be two of Asomugha's most vigorous suitors. ESPN's Adam Schefter listed Dallas and Philadelphia as two of Asomugha's most likely destinations on Thursday, along with division rival Washington.
Related: Cowboys
Source: Dallas Morning News May 7, 5:50 P

Abaddon
05-08-2011, 12:48 AM

http://api.ning.com/files/iDjFwpaI1iOVrGZdIavMJQWuThI8onFhIDZCuwGp0YaUfpow3L SCstoHeu0B87Lc1symCAboWGwmNGf65KhQDRgoAA3oxnfb/LMAO.gif

Um no.

SickwithIt1010
05-08-2011, 01:02 AM
I just found this news update:

Prolly the same situation in Philly. Neither team wants him to play against another team in the division.