PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Lindley QB - SDSU

SolidGold
05-06-2011, 08:47 AM
I have seen a couple early 2012 mock drafts and they all seem to list Lindley as a first round pick. I have looked at his numbers but do not think I have seen him play.

Has anyone on here followed him? What are his strengths and weaknesses? It looks like he has good size at 6'4 215.

Judging from his stats he looks to have improved every year, but stats don't tell the whole story.

Hopefully I will get to see him play a few times this year.

Big Bird
05-06-2011, 09:45 AM
He has been generally inconsistent. Lindley reminds me a good amount of Mark Sanchez, just more physically gifted. If Lindley continues to improve this year, he will be a 1st Rounder. His footwork is still sloppy and while he makes some unbelievable passes at times, other times he hangs the ball up there too much (Wyoming game, huge overthrow to an open Tight End).

I've seen the guy drop it between three defenders on the sideline like it's nothing, and I've also seen him airmail a few for Interceptions. Talent is certainly there.

ElectricEye
05-06-2011, 10:23 AM
He's a BIG time talent with a lot of work to do to fully bring it out. As a small school prospect, I feel like he's drastically better than Nathan Enderle was at this stage last year. You can't teach some of the physical skills he has, with one of the better arms in next years draft in all likelihood. As BigBird mentioned, he really needs to work on being more consistent, but not all of it has been his fault I don't think. Aside from Vincent Brown, he's had some pretty good receivers....but also some receivers who have a tendency to drop some passes from time to time. The offensive line play at San Diego State has been pretty poor during his tenure there. Despite all that, he's been fairly productive.

As far as draft position goes, he's in that dreaded second round range right now...but if he has a real big year it's possible he works himself up into the first round mix. He took some major strides forward last year, if he can make the same type of improvement this year we might have something. Hasn't been a real good small school quarterback prospect lately after a run on them in the early 2000's. Lindley could fit that bill.

TACKLE
05-06-2011, 10:41 AM
I haven't seen too much of him but from what I have seen, I love the way the way the ball comes out of his hand. He generates a lot power from his lower body which allows him to have great velocity on his throws. He'll need to improve foot quickness a bit and be more consistent with his accuracy but a guy who can throw the ball like he can will surely be coveted when the 2012 draft rolls around.