PDA

View Full Version : Who's Better: Amukamara or Dennard?

D-Unit
05-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Who do you guys think is the superior player? And why?

Ozzy
05-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Prince is physically superior, the kid is thick and built like a running back. He is not a pure ball hawk but he is a physical intimidating corner, Dennard is better in coverage and has better ball skills but Prince and his toughness and tackling give him the edge in my opinion.

TACKLE
05-06-2011, 02:36 PM
I'll go with Dennard. It's just unfair for college WR's when he's lined up in press. It's funny watching WR's get off the jam against him. They don't stand a chance. He's got a very unconventional build for a CB but is so strong that he just dominates his man at the line, forces him outside and funnels him to the sideline. I can't say if he'll be a better prospect but I felt he was the more impressive of the two when I watched Nebraska this past season.

ElectricEye
05-06-2011, 02:43 PM
They were dead even last season from what I saw. I literally wasn't able to distinguish which one was the better of the two. Dennard has the advantage of manning up on lesser receivers at times, but he did excellent when he was matched up with better guys as well. He's really hard to get past at the line as tacks mentioned too. Uniquely, even. He has his man dead before the play even starts most of the time. He does have to be careful with his physical style of play at the next level though. He was MAULING Washington wide receivers in both games they played, and many of the times he did it would have been a clear cut penalty in the NFL. Doesn't take away from him as a player at all, I'm just curious about his ability to be more selective with his hands when the ball is in the air.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-06-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm no Steelers fan but i'd pay money to see Dennard on the Steelers.

Jimmy
05-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I'll go with Dennard. It's just unfair for college WR's when he's lined up in press. It's funny watching WR's get off the jam against him. They don't stand a chance. He's got a very unconventional build for a CB but is so strong that he just dominates his man at the line, forces him outside and funnels him to the sideline. I can't say if he'll be a better prospect but I felt he was the more impressive of the two when I watched Nebraska this past season.

This. What's more impressive is that Dennard not only avoided "playingoppositestarCBitis," he outplayed Prince when I watched him (once).

JBCX
05-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Dennard most definitely.

This kid is going to be special, and will probably be a top-10 pick in the draft.

Nebula
05-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Feels like some people here are slightly giving him too much credit. I've scouted a ton of Prince's games recently and watch them Dennard is prone to give up the big play quite often. He's a little too aggressive and doesn't play with a good feel for the game. In press coverage he's very talented tho, however he needs to chill down a bit and play less out of control/bite on double moves. I do think he has a higher ceiling than Prince, but Amukamara was the shut down corner for Nebraksa last season (obviously)

K Train
05-17-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm no Steelers fan but i'd pay money to see Dennard on the Steelers.

<3 <3 <3 i love him

bucfan12
05-18-2011, 10:51 AM
I like Dennard. He's more of a ballhawk than Prince, so he might occassionally give up a play. Honestly, they're both excellent CBs who are going to have strong careers in the NFL.