PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Draft Eligible Prospects From Your School

shylo3716
05-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Feel free to breakdown prospects from your school.

Miami (FL)

This year will be a very good year, as far as Hurricane prospects being projected in the early rounds of the 2012 NFL Draft. With this years class of draft eligible Canes, I am looking forward to seeing big numbers from four Canes in particular.

Travis Benjamin Sr. WR- Has added 6 lbs. during the offseason. “The weight will help me become more physical. The more weight I add the more power I will gain. Although I was in track, it was a good thing I added the weight, because I knew my speed would stay consistant.” If he can limit his drops this season, he will become a much better WR. I expect him to have the 2nd fastest, if not the fastest combine 40 time next year in Indianapolis, behind Jeffery Demps. This year Benjamin broke Santana Moss’ 11-year old record in the indoor track & field 60 meter dash event, with a blazing time of 6.70 seconds.

Lamar Miller RS-So. RB- Who is only a Sophomore will be expected to take on the bulk of the carries this year, with Damien Berry and Graig Cooper leaving due to graduation. Although Miller will most likely become the starter after an excellent Spring Game, he will share the load with returning RB’s Mike James and Storm Johnson. One of the most unique things to know about Miller, is he also is a track guy which is a plus for a Miami team, who has always been known as a speed school. As of late the Canes have been lacking the recognition over the past couple of years. This year he ran 6.79 seconds in the indoor track & field 60 meter dash event. When it is all said and done, Lamar Miller will be on a list with a long line of GREAT RB’s, to come out of the University of Miami (FL). I can almost guarantee if he comes out after this season, he will be a 1st-2nd Round guy in the 2012 NFL Draft.

Vaughn Telemaque Jr. S- Is a fierce competitor to me who came off as the most underrated Safety prospect in college football all of last year. Last year was just a taste test, of what he has to offer with his 58 total tackles, 32 solo, 1 forced fumble, 3 interceptions. Telemaque may have not been on the radar last year as a potential top prospect, but he will be one to keep your eye on all season long.

Ray Ray Armstrong Jr. S- Of all the Cane prospects who are on the 2012 NFL Draft radar, Armstrong has the highest ceiling to become a lock for the 1st Round. He may be a very rangy player with a size and number reminiscent of the late GREAT Sean Taylor, but don’t be confused at all, because no one compares to Taylor. He is somewhat of a ballhawk, but the only knock I have on him is, that he does not dominate a game or change it from the secondary like he should.

Sean Spence Sr. LB
Joel Figueroa Sr. OG
Marcus Robinson Sr. DE
LaRon Byrd Sr. WR
Jacory Haris Sr. QB*
Marcus Fortson Jr. DT

TitansCJftw
05-06-2011, 10:38 PM
you've started 100 some threads man... AT LEAST look through the 1st page to see if you are basically re-posting a thread... come on man

RealityCheck
05-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Quinton Coples and Donte Paige-Moss, two Top 10 DEs.

Draftologist
05-07-2011, 01:16 AM
California

WR Marvin Jones
TE Anthony Miller
OT/OG Mitchell Schwartz
ILB DJ Holt
OLB Mychal Kendricks
S Sean Cattouse
P Bryan Anger

ericzedwards
05-07-2011, 02:30 AM
Not my university, but Vandy has a kid at corner named Casey Hayward, who played quarterback at the high school I graduated from. He was second in the SEC in interceptions last year and was named second-team All-SEC. Yeah it's a homer evaluation, but this is a homer kind of thread, and I LOVE him as a cover-two type of corner prospect.

underscore
05-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Another light year for Penn State

WR Derek Moye
DT Devon Still
LB Michael Mauti (jr)
CB/S D'Anton Lynn

BigJohn98
05-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Nigel Bradham
Greg Reid
Brandon Jenkins
Mike Harris
Andrew Datko
Terrance Parks
Xavier Rhodes
Jermaine Thomas
EJ Manuel

ToldLikeItIs
05-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Iowa:

Riley Reiff
Marvin McNutt
Mike Daniels
Shaun Prater
Markus Zusevics
Tyler Nielsen
Micah Hyde
Brad Herman

deepthoughtlife
05-08-2011, 03:14 AM
Some of the guys I've liked were in the draft this year,and another isn't eligible yet, so I don't really have a great grasp yet on which players on my favorite college team are considered great draft prospects, but there are a couple of intriguing prospects at offensive skill positions.

USC:

Matt Barkley QB Round 1
Homer/Fanboy Alert
An extraordinarily talented and highly productive QB even on a far down USC, who dealt with pressure very well, was highly accurate, and has a good arm. It would be almost impossible to overrate Barkley's talent, and he may be better than Andrew Luck right now [/homer], but he still needs to progress a great deal and show it this season; he has a lot of room for improvement. At times he was the single bright spot on the team besides freshman phenom Robert Woods, who was on the receiving end of his passes, and the following guy.

Marc Tyler RB Round ?
Definite injury issues, but is a strong, reasonably fast, natural runner. Could end up being a huge steal if he slides. Was clearly, and by far, the most talented HB on the roster, despite having some reasonable competitors.I'm glad he's coming back.

I've also heard that Matt Kalil T is a very highly rated prospect. O-line was not a strength of the Trojans last year, so what are the chances they had two top tackles? I admit, my evaluation of the line last year lumped them all in together, so it is possible the guards were just that bad, but is that likely?

wicket
05-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Notre Dame

Seniors (in order of what I presume their draftstock is):

Michael Floyd, WR, round 1 or 2
An extraordinarily physical receiver who is almost unrivaled in locating the ball in the air, deceptive gamespeed although his timed speed will be average, tough with the ball i his hands great in using his body. Huge target. Injuries are an issue as is character to a lesser extend.

Ethan Johnson, DE round 3
Almost the prototypical 5 Tech with great size (6'4 305) good quickness and strength. Requires a double team systematically but double teams do tend to take him out of the play. 4 year started on the Irish and has been the best guy on the DLine for 3 of those years. With the Irish front 7 making huge strides at the end of last season this kids draftstock will rise a bit as well I reckon.

Trevor Robinson, OG Round 3
A very physical and smart offensive lineman who could be an instant starter for most pro teams just like he was as a true frosh for the Irish. Upside might be a bit limited as he lacks elite athletisism but he does have a good frame and a mean streak. Reminds me a bit of those Wisconsin offensive linemen.

Robert Blanton, CB, round 4-5
Again a true freshman starter from the Irish #1 ranked recruiting class of 08. Played down in the 09 season just like the whole secondary but he is a very aggresive physical corner who might have to make the step to safety in the pros. Will be a big contributor on special teams and very solid in run support.

Darius Fleming, OLB round 6
Good pass rusher but limited against the run. Lacks production and elite athletisism but he has some good film as his stats sell him short. Quick enough to contribute on special teams but not very scheme diverse as he is a pure 3-4 OLB. His stock could rise a bunch his senior season, also started as a true freshman at times.

Gary Gray, CB round 7-UDFA
Pretty similar explanation to Blanton but slightly lesser tools. Was the only positive from a very terrible Irish secondary in 09. Would trive in a cover 2.

David Ruffer, K round 7-UDFA
Lacks elite range on his kicks but he has missed just 1 kick in his college career thusfar. Almost every kick isnt even close to missing. Former walk-on from a intramural team and took the place of the kicker which held the longest streak of made fieldgoals ever by an Irish kicker, this record now belongs to Ruffer. Lack of elite legstrength might hurt him to much though.

Seniors who probably wont get drafted.
Harrison Smith, S, UDFA
I think he will make his way on a roster but to much bad film from his 08 and09 season.

Taylor Dever, RT, UDFA
To mediocre in both pass protection and not aggresive enough in run blocking. Solid college tackle, not enough upside or athletisism to make it in the pros.

Not even close to making it imho:
Jonas Gray, RB
Mike Ragone, TE
Andrew Nuss, OG
Steven Filer, OLB

Juniors who might declare

Manti Te'o, ILB round 1
Honestly I think Manti would be the best ILB to go into the draft in about 3 years but Id say the same about Burflict, Kuechly and Skov so the position is pretty stacked. Good athletisism, great instincts, very physical, trusts his eyes, leader on defense. I really dont have anything negative to say about the kid.

kwilk103
05-09-2011, 11:42 PM
wvu

bruce irvin---de/lb
keith tandy---cb
julian miller---de
geno smith---qb
tavon austin---wr

ellsy82
05-10-2011, 03:15 AM
Iowa:

Riley Reiff
Marvin McNutt
Mike Daniels
Shaun Prater
Markus Zusevics
Tyler Nielsen
Micah Hyde
Brad Herman

Add:
Broderick Binns, DE
Adam Gettis, OG

phlysac
05-10-2011, 10:15 AM
University of Pittsburgh

New Head Coach Todd Graham's change of both Offensive and Defefensive philosophies will weigh heavily on many players' stock as it is still quite unknown how many players fit into these schemes.

Ray Graham - Running Back (Jr.) - 5'9" 195lbs.
Fast and shifty RB whom outplayed Dion Lewis last season (277 yards 3TDs against Florida Atlantic) expects to have a significant role in Graham's high-paced, spread offensive system. Projects very well as a 3rd-down/change-of-pace back at the next level.

Mike Shanahan - Wide Receiver (RS Jr.) - 6'5" 220lbs.
Big target with sure hands will surely see a ton of targets in Graham's system. He has proven to be a very reliable possession receiver who's great hands have consistently made plays in a variety of routes and seems to be a strong option underneath. With his size and hands, I'm sure he will get a look at the next level.

Lucas Nix - Offensive Tackle/Guard (Sr.) - 6'6" 305lbs.
A starter at both RT and RG in 2010 his size and versatility could make him a decent pro prospect heading into 2012.

Brandon Lindsey - Defensive End/Outside Linebacker (Sr.) - 6'2" 250lbs.
The injury to Greg Romeus in 2010 allowed for Lindsey to get the starting nod at LDE where he was a terror off the edge, accumulating 10 sacks during the season. His switch to a rush linebacker in Graham's defensive system will widen his potential to wreak havoc on opposing QB's and give him the valuable versatility NFL team's love when evaluating the "tweeners" at the DE/OLB spot.

Those were the players I feel that will be strong NFL prospects regardless of scheme. Here are a few players whom the change in philosophies could make or break their stock entering the 2012 draft...

Myles Caragein - Defensive Tackle (RS Sr.) - 6'2" 290lbs.
Chas Alecxih - Defensive Tackle (RS Sr.) - 6'5" 280lbs.
Justin Hargrove - Defensive Tackle (RS Sr.) - 6'4" 270lbs.
Greg Williams - Outside Linebacker (RS Sr.) - 6'3" 240lbs.
Max Gruder - Inside Linebacker (RS Sr.) - 6'2" 230lbs.

niel89
05-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Stanford Cardinal

QB Andrew Luck JR
- At a minimum very good in all areas of being a QB. Everyone knows about him already.

OT Jonathan Martin JR
-Honestly, I haven't watched him closely but people are giving him 1st round talk apparently. I don't notice him often, which is a good thing.

OG David DeCastro JR
- Great player and a key cog in a dominating run game. Also hearing some 1st round talk about him.

RB Stepfan Taylor JR
- Good running back overall. I have confidence in him carrying the ball. He benefits greatly from a great OL but he is consistently good.

TE Coby Fleener SR
- Great pass catcher. Had a great Orange Bowl (173 yds 3 tds). Was in a platoon of TEs so his numbers dont pop. Does well when split out wide and abused corners when put 1 on 1 in the red zone.

WR Chris Owusu SR
-Big potential player. Dealt with injuries last year that really hindered him all last year. Was a dynamic kick returner and a deep threat. Is noticeably fast on the field and can be dynamic with the ball in his hands. Added some bulk and it may have hindered his speed. Interesting H/W/S prospect.

DE Matthew Masifilo SR
-6-3 280 lbs 3-4 DE. Has an intensity about him. Teams like to see guys like him who have real 3-4 experience.

OLB Chase Thomas JR
-Productive player with 7.5 sacks last year and has experience as a 3-4 OLB. Not top guy but should get a look.

ILB Shayne Skov JR
Strong young leader. He stands out as a very good ILB. Passionate, good tackler, good blitzer, and can make plays. A crowded MLB class but should be a pretty good prospect.

Not sure how many guys declare, probably quite a few once Luck does. These are just the guys that I've noticed while watching games casually. I haven't put an analytical eye on them so my opinions might change once I do.

CashmoneyDrew
05-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Stanford Cardinal

QB Andrew Luck JR
- At a minimum very good in all areas of being a QB. Everyone knows about him already.

OT Jonathan Martin JR
-Honestly, I haven't watched him closely but people are giving him 1st round talk apparently. I don't notice him often, which is a good thing.

OG David DeCastro JR
- Great player and a key cog in a dominating run game. Also hearing some 1st round talk about him.

RB Stepfan Taylor JR
- Good running back overall. I have confidence in him carrying the ball. He benefits greatly from a great OL but he is consistently good.

TE Coby Fleener SR
- Great pass catcher. Had a great Orange Bowl (173 yds 3 tds). Was in a platoon of TEs so his numbers dont pop. Does well when split out wide and abused corners when put 1 on 1 in the red zone.

WR Chris Owusu SR
-Big potential player. Dealt with injuries last year that really hindered him all last year. Was a dynamic kick returner and a deep threat. Is noticeably fast on the field and can be dynamic with the ball in his hands. Added some bulk and it may have hindered his speed. Interesting H/W/S prospect.

DE Matthew Masifilo SR
-6-3 280 lbs 3-4 DE. Has an intensity about him. Teams like to see guys like him who have real 3-4 experience.

OLB Chase Thomas JR
-Productive player with 7.5 sacks last year and has experience as a 3-4 OLB. Not top guy but should get a look.

ILB Shayne Skov JR
Strong young leader. He stands out as a very good ILB. Passionate, good tackler, good blitzer, and can make plays. A crowded MLB class but should be a pretty good prospect.

Not sure how many guys declare, probably quite a few once Luck does. These are just the guys that I've noticed while watching games casually. I haven't put an analytical eye on them so my opinions might change once I do.

Don't forget Delano Howell.

dannyz
05-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Stanford Cardinal

QB Andrew Luck JR

OT Jonathan Martin JR

OG David DeCastro JR

RB Stepfan Taylor JR

TE Coby Fleener SR

WR Chris Owusu SR

DE Matthew Masifilo SR

OLB Chase Thomas JR

ILB Shayne Skov JR

I think Luck,Martin,DeCastro,Skov will all go together. They all want to go Together. Luck,Martin,DeCastro came in and will Leave Together.

Preston
05-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Northern Illinois Huskies
Seniors
Chandler Harnish, QB
Trevor Olson, OT
Joe Pawlak, OG
Adam Kiel, OT
Nathan Palmer, WR

Olson and Harnish could be legitimate mid-round picks; 4th round for both would not surprise me. Pawlak could be a late to mid-rounder, whereas Palmer and Kiel are more 7th round / undrafted types.

Juniors
Martel Moore, WR
Perez Ashford, WR
Devon Butler, LB
Tyrone Clark, LB/S
Sean Progar, DE

Butler won't declare (he was shot and in critical condition), but he's a legitimate prospect if he comes back as good as he was last year. He may need to move to safety because of his height though. Moore and Progar are also legitimate first-three-round picks.

ToldLikeItIs
05-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Gettis could be an NFL player, but I don't know about Binns. He's awfully small, and not very good against the run.

I do feel great about McNutt, Reiff, Hyde, Prater, Nielsen, Herman, and Daniels.

ncst8fan83
05-11-2011, 05:06 PM
North Carolina State:

Seniors -
George Bryan, TE, 6'5" 265# - Excellent hands, great with finding soft spots in the zone, not a great athlete, not a great blocker given his size.
Audie Cole, MLB/OLB, 6'4" 240# - Former QB, still learning the position, good in coverage, good at shedding blocks, classic jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none type player
JR Sweezy, DT/DE, 6'5" 293# - non-stop motor, could really see him doing well in a 34 that uses the ends as rushers instead of space eaters.

Juniors -
Mike Glennon, QB, 6'6" 225# - unknown commodity with loads of potential
Terrell Manning, OLB, 6'3" 224# - absolute terror but very light
RJ Mattes, OT/OG, 6'6" 303# - more of a RT prospect as he isn't the greatest athlete, could slide inside at guard in the NFL
CJ Wilson, CB, 5'11" 179# - good cover corner, not a ballhawk but plays the run very well, not very good at zone coverage as he gets confused at times
Earl Wolff, S, 6'0" 201# - great tackler, above average athleticism, good hands but not a ballhawk

Texas Homer
05-18-2011, 01:27 AM
Texas has some talent. Here are a few names:

Sr. OLB Keenan Robinson

Sr. OLB Emmanuel Acho

Sr. DT Kheeston Randall

Jr. DB Kenny Vaccaro

MaxV
05-19-2011, 01:01 PM

WR Derek Moye
DT Devon Still
LB Michael Mauti (jr)
CB/S D'Anton Lynn

Jack Crawford (DE), Nate Stupar (LB), Nick Sukay (SS), Quinn Barham (OL) and Johnie Troutman (OG) all have some upside also.

CashmoneyDrew
05-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Tennessee Vols

Tauren Poole, HB - Senior runningback who rushed for over 1100 yards last year in his first year as a starter behind an extremely young and inexperienced offensive line. Kind of slow and needs to be more decisive with his running. Not as good of a prospect as Montario Hardest was.

Malik Jackson, DL - Senior defensive lineman who kicks back and forth between end and tackle. Transferred from USC. A team leader and really came on towards the end of last year. I think he could see a bit of a rise in rankings this season with his play and versatility.

Ben Martin, DE/OLB - 5th year senior has played DE in his time at UT. On the smaller side though so he's probably a better fit as a rush backer at the next level. Was a five star recruit in high school due to have a breakout year last year until he tore his Achilles. Came back from that injury only to tear his other Achilles this offseason. We'll see if he can make a comeback and play this season or get a 6th year. Could get some camp looks.

Montori Hughes, DT - Junior defensive lineman that has shown flashes but has been very inconsistent. Needs to keep his weight under control. If he produces to his talent level he could be the next big-time Tennessee DT to hit the draft. Or he could fizzle out and never resurface. It's up to him.

Janzen Jackson, DB - Versatile junior DB that could probably play any position in the secondary. Took this semester off to take care of some "personal problems." He and coaches believe he'll be back for the fall. A bit of a headcase but if he can stay clean he has the ability to be the best safety in this class. Basically a lock to declare for the draft after this season.

Brent Brewer, S - True sophomore but he's like 23 years old. Had a stint in pro baseball but came back to college to play football. Fairly highly recruited out of high school. Struggled at times last year but had been out of football for 4-5 years. Showed flashes towards the end of last year and if he has a good year this season he could also declare due to his age.

A couple of other guys to look out for are Byron Moore (DB) and Maurice Couch (DT). Both are JC transfers and will be third year sophomores eligible for the draft. I don't think either of them would declare after one year but both are extremely talented and could be interesting to watch for the future.

Pat Sims 90
05-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Ohio State

Seniors

RB Dan Herron
ATH Terrelle Pryor
WR DeVier Posey
LB Andrew Sweat
DE/LB Nathan Williams
C/OG Michael Brewster
OT Mike Adams
OT J.B. Shugarts

Juniors

LB Etienne Sabino
CB Travis Howard
TE Jake Stoneburner
DT John Simon

JHL6719
05-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Southeast Topaz Popcorn United Polytechnic (U)niverisity of (C)entral (L)ower (A)cademy

(or UCLA as we call it for short)

QB - Bill "fumble" Prone

RB - Joe "gone" Theotherway

WR - Doug "hands of" Stone

OT - Frank "one way" Turnstile

DE - Pierre "sack" Ofpotatos

CB - Devin "stiff" Hips

*Our head coach Bob "mentally" Challenged was actually considering making the jump to the NFL also, until he was recently diagnosed with a health crisis known as "metallicosis". It's a condition where all the iron in your blood turns to lead in your ass.*

TitanHope
05-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Tennessee Vols

Tauren Poole, HB - Senior runningback who rushed for over 1100 yards last year in his first year as a starter behind an extremely young and inexperienced offensive line. Kind of slow and needs to be more decisive with his running. Not as good of a prospect as Montario Hardest was.

Malik Jackson, DL - Senior defensive lineman who kicks back and forth between end and tackle. Transferred from USC. A team leader and really came on towards the end of last year. I think he could see a bit of a rise in rankings this season with his play and versatility.

Ben Martin, DE/OLB - 5th year senior has played DE in his time at UT. On the smaller side though so he's probably a better fit as a rush backer at the next level. Was a five star recruit in high school due to have a breakout year last year until he tore his Achilles. Came back from that injury only to tear his other Achilles this offseason. We'll see if he can make a comeback and play this season or get a 6th year. Could get some camp looks.

Montori Hughes, DT - Junior defensive lineman that has shown flashes but has been very inconsistent. Needs to keep his weight under control. If he produces to his talent level he could be the next big-time Tennessee DT to hit the draft. Or he could fizzle out and never resurface. It's up to him.

Janzen Jackson, DB - Versatile junior DB that could probably play any position in the secondary. Took this semester off to take care of some "personal problems." He and coaches believe he'll be back for the fall. A bit of a headcase but if he can stay clean he has the ability to be the best safety in this class. Basically a lock to declare for the draft after this season.

Brent Brewer, S - True sophomore but he's like 23 years old. Had a stint in pro baseball but came back to college to play football. Fairly highly recruited out of high school. Struggled at times last year but had been out of football for 4-5 years. Showed flashes towards the end of last year and if he has a good year this season he could also declare due to his age.

A couple of other guys to look out for are Byron Moore (DB) and Maurice Couch (DT). Both are JC transfers and will be third year sophomores eligible for the draft. I don't think either of them would declare after one year but both are extremely talented and could be interesting to watch for the future.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CashmoneyDrew again.

:(

I'd also throw in Austin Johnson's name in there. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play this year at MLB or SLB.

underscore
09-24-2011, 06:17 PM

WR Derek Moye
DT Devon Still
LB Michael Mauti (jr)
CB/S D'Anton Lynn

Mauti tore his ACL today, 2nd ACL tear (both knees) of his career.

Lynn had a scary looking neck injury as well (carted off), but doesn't seem to have a serious injury.

ToldLikeItIs
09-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Updated Iowa list:

Micah Hyde CB
Shaun Prater CB
Riley Reiff LT
Markus Zusevics RT
Mike Daniels DT
Tyler Nielsen OLB
Keenan Davis WR
Marvin McNutt WR
Jordan Bernstine FS
Eric Guthrie P
James Vandenberg QB

WT01
09-25-2011, 04:40 AM
Washington Huskies

DT Alameda Ta'amu SR: Massive player (6'3", 337) with a surprising burst and athleticism for his size. Great run-stopping presence who demands double teams. Also is pretty good at bullrushing the blocker, but doesn't have a whole lot else to threaten the passer. At least a round two selection and could very well be taken at the end of the first.

RB Chris Polk MedicalRS-JR: Bruising power back. Excellent vision and good enough speed to hit a hole when he sees one and rarely goes down on first contact. Okay breakaway speed but likely won't break a ton of long runs. Above average blocker and receiver. Likely a round two or three prospect who should at least make a good short yardage/goalline back.

WR Jermaine Kearse SR: Receiver with good physical tools. Does suffer from some drops and is sometimes criticized for not having his mind on the game and for avoiding contact. Probably a 3rd or 4th round pick.

CB Desmond Trufant JR: Has good height at 6'0", but could probably be benefited by putting on more weight. Has good enough speed as well. Has shown flashes of being a shut down corner, but needs to become more consistent (has improved by quite a bit this year though). Has shown flashes of very good ball skills and has improved in that area as well (two INTs so far this season compared to one in all of last season. Eight passes defended so far this season compared to five last season). Probably won't come out this year with it being such a deep class at the CB spot. Maybe round two pick this year, could be a first round pick next year.

OG Senio Kelemete SR: Plays the LT spot at Washington, but doesn't have the height (only 6'4") to stay at either tackle spot in the NFL and will have to move inside to guard which also means that he'll have to put on weight (only 300 pounds). Only average at both pass and run blocking, but some teams might like his toughness, his great work ethic and his leadership. Likely a fifth or sixth round pick.