PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know Why Kenrick Ellis Was Supended in 2010?

jetsfan0099
05-06-2011, 11:50 PM
At Hampton, can't find out why he was suspended for a game. His coach said that he was a model teammate while at Hampton, but then someone said he was suspended for a game and I can't find out why?

Big_Pete
05-07-2011, 05:35 AM
After a little googling, it seems Ellis was suspended for the first game of 2010 due to a fight in the off-season.

wicket
05-07-2011, 05:40 AM
After a little googling, it seems Ellis was suspended for the first game of 2010 due to a fight in the off-season.

a fight he presumably won

FordFairlane
05-07-2011, 09:44 AM
A fight that might land him 20 years in prison. I can't believe he was drafted that high with his character concerns. The Jets couldn't put a dratf together if they had every top ten pick in a draft they would manage to draft all busts.

jetsfan0099
05-07-2011, 09:57 AM
A fight that might land him 20 years in prison. I can't believe he was drafted that high with his character concerns. The Jets couldn't put a dratf together if they had every top ten pick in a draft they would manage to draft all busts.

Haters gonna hate, the Jets were top 5 in drafting percentages the past 5 or so years. Ellis isn't going to prison for self defense.

shylo3716
05-07-2011, 11:06 AM
South Carolina

Recieved 3 game suspension in '08 then dismissed in May due to failed drug tests.

Transfer to Hampton

Arrested in '10 for assault after he broke the nose and jaw of a guy on campus for swinging a bat at him. After being benched for the season opener he started all 10 games.

DBNYDP
05-07-2011, 01:20 PM
I never got the hype with Ellis, so many Broncos fans wanted him on the team but...
-I've never seen the athleticism that so many raved about, he seemed fairly slow on the field and was just a fatty in the middle
-He's a problem child. Kicked of the SC team, and then this?
-He doesn't seem to be the best coached player either

I don't think he's going to be very good, I think Jerrell Powe is going to be the better NFL player in the long run.

That being said...if anyone can get Ellis in line and playing well it would be Rex. His players seem to respond to him pretty well.

Hurricanes25
05-07-2011, 01:27 PM

I guess somebody hasn't been following the draft in the last 10 years or so.

jetsfan0099
05-07-2011, 01:29 PM
I never got the hype with Ellis, so many Broncos fans wanted him on the team but...
-I've never seen the athleticism that so many raved about, he seemed fairly slow on the field and was just a fatty in the middle
-He's a problem child. Kicked of the SC team, and then this?
-He doesn't seem to be the best coached player either

I don't think he's going to be very good, I think Jerrell Powe is going to be the better NFL player in the long run.

That being said...if anyone can get Ellis in line and playing well it would be Rex. His players seem to respond to him pretty well.

Hes 6'5 346 and runs a 5.19 40-time, thats pretty darn fast for a guy of that size. From what I heard, hes always hustling to the ball on the field, so it seems like he plays hard.

Rex loves what he sees from him, big men like him that can move are rare. Rex admits that he needs to work on his technique, but he plays hard and puts effort on the field, the technique will come with good coaching and the Jets have that. Brian Billick was saying how if Rex puts a stamp of approval on a DL, that player won't be a bust and can play. Hes gotten so many nobodies to perform. Sione Pouha was looking like a bum until Rex came to town and turned him into one of the better run stuffing NT in football.

bitonti
05-10-2011, 11:27 AM
kenrick ellis is a high risk/ high reward pick... at 94 overall it's not like there were clearly better options. that point in the draft, it's all risk

K Train
05-10-2011, 11:49 AM
i think hes going to be amazing

could you imagine taking a punch to the dome from a dude that size...id use a bat as well

M.O.T.H.
05-10-2011, 05:09 PM
He's an ass hole. I expected huge things when he was at SCAR. But he could never keep his nose clean. And he still got into scuffles and such at Hampton. He could be a really good player, but he's kind of a ticking time bomb.

Cigaro
05-10-2011, 05:20 PM
He's an ass hole. I expected huge things when he was at SCAR. But he could never keep his nose clean. And he still got into scuffles and such at Hampton. He could be a really good player, but he's kind of a ticking time bomb.

In his only game with legitimate playing time at SC, vs Clemson, he was just short of dominant, which was as a redshirt freshman. And then a few weeks later he goes and gets himself kicked off the team....

SenorGato
05-11-2011, 12:36 PM
i think hes going to be amazing

could you imagine taking a punch to the dome from a dude that size...id use a bat as well

Apparently with a bat you'd still lose.

He's going to be the next NT in this draft, and a top 3 DT IMO.

K Train
05-11-2011, 01:02 PM
nah i think with a bat i could take him.

if he gets himself together he and wilkerson could be scary good on the jets dline