PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft buys Skype?

Splat
05-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Microsoft buys Skype: What now? (http://newsstream.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/10/microsoft-buys-skype-what-now/)

I'm not on Skype but I know alot of people on here are so thought I would post it sorry if it was all ready mentioned.

ImBrotherCain
05-11-2011, 09:15 AM
8.5 billion is a ton. I think this move was to try and keep Microsoft as a giant in the Technology industry.

When you look at it Microsoft no longer is the king. Other companies like Apple and Google are the Tech giants now.

The one thing thats good about Microsoft buying Skype is that they won't be removing Skype functionality from Phones and non Windows devices but they will be adding it to the Xbox and the Kinect

niel89
05-11-2011, 01:32 PM
It seems like a good move to acquire a very well established company that is interwoven in a lot of different ways.

StickSkills
05-11-2011, 02:02 PM
8.5 billion is a ton. I think this move was to try and keep Microsoft as a giant in the Technology industry.

When you look at it Microsoft no longer is the king. Other companies like Apple and Google are the Tech giants now.

The one thing thats good about Microsoft buying Skype is that they won't be removing Skype functionality from Phones and non Windows devices but they will be adding it to the Xbox and the Kinect

Microsoft still trumps Apple right now. I haven't checked the numbers for Google though, but I would say that Microsoft is still king.

I like the Xbox Live usage with Skype. I think that's a good move by Microsoft, but I still look at the price tag and have to wonder if overall this was wise by Microsoft.

Splat
05-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Can you imagine seeing a price tag of 8 billion and being like ya I got that?

Crazy stuff.